or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Japan court rules Samsung does not infringe Apple patents
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japan court rules Samsung does not infringe Apple patents

post #1 of 71
Thread Starter 
A Japanese court on Friday ruled against Apple's claim that Samsung infringed on one of its utility patents, handing the Korean company a small victory after its punishing loss in a similar U.S. case.

The Tokyo District Court ruled that Samsung's products do not infringe upon an Apple patent for transferring media content between two devices, reports Reuters.

Further reports from Bloomberg note that Judge Tamotsu Shoji handed down the verdict, ruling Samsung?s Galaxy devices including the Galaxy Tab, are not in violation of Apple?s Patent No. 4,204,977 for synchronizing music and video data in devices to servers.

Apple first sued Samsung in Japan last year, asserting claims against the Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S II, seeking 100 million yen in damages. The Galaxy-series of products in Japan is offered by NTT DoCoMo Inc. (9437), the country?s biggest mobile-phone company.

The ruling comes on the heels of the landmark Apple v. Samsung U.S. trial that found Samsung in violation of six Apple design and utility patents. Apple was ultimately awarded over $1 billion and is now seeking the permanent sales ban of eight infringing devices.

Developing
post #2 of 71

This proves that Samsung didn't steal Apple's ideas of a rectangle with rounded edges!

It also proves that Samsung's CEO's Ferrari isn't stolen: http://jalopnik.com/5938587/does-the-billionaire-ceo-of-samsung-own-a-stolen-15-million-ferrari
/sarcasm

post #3 of 71
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post
Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

 

Oh, you're back. I'm so thrilled. How'd you take the utter failure of your company? Please don't devolve into slapppy-level "Apple will fail, just watch" comments. 

 

Apple is the one that wanted Samsung to license things. Samsung did not. Samsung is the one that chose lawsuits.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #4 of 71

D-E-L-U-D-E-D:

 

You can't spell it without the numbers "8", "4", "5", "0", "3" and "2".

post #5 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Android is one of the many evils in this industry.

If Android wasn't created from stolen IP, there'd be no patent war in smartphone/tablet world.

Remember, Android was the one that decided to enter the mobile market whilst having a CEO on Apple's Board of Directors that forgot to mention that they were doing so.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are only counter-suing to try and deter Apple from protecting their IP, hence the reason why they sue second.

 

Samsung was punished by American court because they stole and got caught.

 

Fixed that for you.

 

Hell, I even fixed your rotten punctuation and grammar for free.

post #6 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

 

Samsung punished by american court, because they are foreign company who challenge america's most biggest company.

Oh my.  I will have to think this one through.  Lets see.......  Ok I'm done.  Your wrong.  Wow I feel so much better.  It's like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

An Apple man since 1977
Reply
An Apple man since 1977
Reply
post #7 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, you're back. I'm so thrilled. How'd you take the utter failure of your company? Please don't devolve into slapppy-level "Apple will fail, just watch" comments. 

Apple is the one that wanted Samsung to license things. Samsung did not. Samsung is the one that chose lawsuits.

To license round corners with a over-price is like to steal. Rectangular devices with round corners existed before Apple.
Apple is very scared about how fast is going Samsung.
Check this video, keep it until iphone5 appear and compare it. If you are very sure about Apple, why dont do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DcgZum8M1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry for my english. It is not my native languaje and I am a bit tired to try to write everything correctly.
post #8 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

 

Samsung punished by american court, because they are foreign company who challenge america's most biggest company.

You feel lonely.  Some one please help this poor man before I start to cry.  Oh no its too late or is that to late?  Maybe two late's.  Or is that pronounced lattes'  LOL.  Yes its a sad day indeed to spell wrong and be wrong at the same time.

An Apple man since 1977
Reply
An Apple man since 1977
Reply
post #9 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Moto are defense move.

 

Moto are attack.

 

Apple are defence move, being after attack of Moto before them.

 

Moto want ban X-box too.

 

Attack because they invent H.264 they say.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #10 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"....Apple is the one that wanted Samsung to license things. Samsung did not. Samsung is the one that chose lawsuits."

Do you really believe Apple "wanted" Samsung to license? That offer might just be lawyering. Apple knew that offering a license would eventually help in court. It established a price for a court to work with. It was a price that Apple knew Samsung, with lower margins, either couldn't or wouldn't likely pay. Samsung couldn't counter either because that would be an admission.    

Cubist
Reply
Cubist
Reply
post #11 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by city View Post

Do you really believe Apple "wanted" Samsung to license? That offer might just be lawyering. Apple knew that offering a license would eventually help in court. It established a price for a court to work with. It was a price that Apple knew Samsung, with lower margins, either couldn't or wouldn't likely pay. Samsung couldn't counter either because that would be an admission.    

 

Lawyering backed up by documentary evidence that proved it.

 

I believe the documents, as did the jury, the judge and going on the lack of objections, Samsung's lawyers.

 

Fact is Samsung did not want to negotiate, leaving Apple little choice but to litigate.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #12 of 71

Shouldn't the title be Japanese Court?

 

It's like America court vs American court.

 

Japan court sounds like a court so supreme it takes on the name of the country it's based in.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #13 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Moto are attack.

 

Apple are defence move, being after attack of Moto before them.

 

Moto want ban X-box too.

 

Attack because they invent H.264 they say.

 

Moto believe all Apple's bases are belong to Moto.

post #14 of 71
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
Shouldn't the title be Japanese Court?

 

I changed it in the article, but I don't want to mess with the title for fear of breaking a link to the article page itself (which will remain unedited, as well).

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #15 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

 

Samsung punished by american court, because they are foreign company who challenge america's most biggest company.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimo View Post


To license round corners with a over-price is like to steal. Rectangular devices with round corners existed before Apple.
Apple is very scared about how fast is going Samsung.
Check this video, keep it until iphone5 appear and compare it. If you are very sure about Apple, why dont do it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DcgZum8M1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sorry for my english. It is not my native languaje and I am a bit tired to try to write everything correctly.

 

Why the **** do the worst trolls have trouble composing legible english? If english isn't your 1st language, why not post on boards with languages that you can actually speak/write?

Furthermore, why isn't 845..whatever banned already? He has almost 90 posts of incomprehensible, trollish drivel that has not contributed an iota to any intelligent discusion. Where the hell are the mods? Tallest, why don't you do your job and ban the worst of the worst, instead of continually to giddily respond while seemingly enjoying yourself a great deal? 845 should have been banned after his 2nd post, yet you just keep the trolling going. Why not have higher standards on this board?

post #16 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

 

Moto believe all Apple's bases are belong to Moto.

 

All Moto base belong Google.

 

Twelve and a half billion dollars worth.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #17 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

 

 

Why the **** do the worst trolls have trouble composing legible english? If english isn't your 1st language, why not post on boards with languages that you can actually speak/write?

Furthermore, why isn't 845..whatever banned already? He has almost 90 posts of incomprehensible, trollish drivel that has not contributed an iota to any intelligent discusion. Where the hell are the mods? Tallest, why don't you do your job and ban the worst of the worst, instead of continually to giddily respond while seemingly enjoying yourself a great deal? 845 should have been banned after his 2nd post, yet you just keep the trolling going. Why not have higher standards on this board?

 

Maybe AI believes in equal opportunity employment, reflected in allowing posts like those, that some poor Joe at a workstation in Korea or China is paid to churn out.

 

Although Samsung has been farming out work to Vietnam lately, so maybe it's cheaper to hire from there.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #18 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I changed it in the article, but I don't want to mess with the title for fear of breaking a link to the article page itself (which will remain unedited, as well).

 

According to Reuters it's a Tokyo court.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #19 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

 

Samsung punished by american court, because they are foreign company who challenge america's most biggest company.

please tell me then why the Korean court even found that Samsung had infringed on patents if Samsung is so innocent and Apple is so evil?

post #20 of 71
deleted
Edited by kellya74u - 7/24/13 at 9:19am
post #21 of 71

Samsung long ago made a calculated move to proceed with walking the fine line of licensing infringement. It's all good for Samsung no matter what happens.  There are just too many opportunities for Samsung to capitalize on this. There are a lot of people making both companies into a villains, but I'm afraid it's just strategic saber rattling, and we're all suckers for buying into it.

post #22 of 71

Japanese do not forget or forgive.

post #23 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellya74u View Post

I rarely criticize anyone (person) in this forum, even if I drastically disagree with them. However, it is rude, ignorant, demeaning & childish to poke fun of someone because of language difficulty. That crap may fly on the elementary school playground where you snuck around behind a teacher's back & make people feel like crap, because it made you feel like somebody..... A sure stepping stone to bullying others.
You should welcome an exchange of ideas, engage in an honest dialog, argue the whole 'rectangle with round corners,' help them see your infinite wisdom & insight, hoping to persuade them to your position. But to poke fun of someone who is trying to communicate with you reminds me of the hackers who would play video games & boast they one all the time. That's why "Punk Busters" was invented.
This is an American (US) forum, hosted in the US, but open & welcoming to people all over the world. None of us in this world are perfect, but we should all work harder at being better people. To arrogantly flaunt your cruel & vicious nastiness, shows you don't have a logical rebuttle argument & that you have no class. I could say you were acting like snot-nosed 14yr olds who have contempt for everyone, but I won't. If you want to be & feel like a real man, study the success of good men & learn character.
This is an outstanding forum, & I read it 20-30 times a day. I am an older Apple fan, & am attracted to the excellence Apple has brought to life. Poor manners, ettequite, poking fun as described above goes beyond free speech, is off topic & shoud NEVER be allowed by a moderator. The reason there are forum guidelines is because some posters will overstep, & it needs to be dealt with immediately.
To the Korean posters & other guests,I apologize on behalf of our misbehaving forum family. I welcome your posts & comments. I read them, & even if I disagree with them, respect the fact that you have a voice here. If we disagree, we can have some fun sorting it out. Eventually, you will see I am right! (joke)
The above isn't meant to horribly bash anyone, just ask/give the forum a bit of a tune-up regarding adult civility in the exchange of ideas & argument which I believe, is the purpose of this forum (oh, & the numerous hits AI can show from all over the world, for advertising profits).

 

One of the things that is wrong with the world today is that there is always some well-meaning fool willing to step to the defence of people who are willing to not do the right thing.

 

Take our good friend 84532. He's not here for a 'welcome exchange of ideas' or 'honest dialog'. He's not open minded, open to ideas, open to valued input, or open to anything else of that nature.

 

Like most trolls, he just wants to talk a lot about subject matter he's not familiar with, stir things up with a few good controversial posts, get a few good reactions and get a bit of attention, and then bask in the nice feeling that he gets. Feel free to peruse his 60 or so posts for proof. 

 

Hell, it even looks like the silly bugger responded to reactions to his posts in this thread using a different username, a sign that seems to indicate that he's definitely not here to be constructive. Why do you need multiple usernames when trying to make a point?

 

This is not behaviour that should be defended or encouraged.

 

I think you will find that nearly all members of this site reward and respond well to intelligent, well-thought out input. But many of them also don't suffer fools lightly. If he decides he can't handle the heat then he's more than welcome to improve the manner of his dialogue. Or he can get out of the kitchen. The choice is his.

 

When a child misbehaves you discipline it. The same applies to individuals who think that forums like these are here to allow them to address their insufficiencies, rather than communicate intelligently with individuals or a group about a number of subjects or matters.

 

However, I must admit to finding it interesting that you leapt to the conclusion that these posters were automatically Korean.

 

And I can only assume that it will be in a future post of yours that you'll be taking him to task and correcting him about his statement that Samsung was only punished because of the racist America judicial system.


Edited by GTR - 8/31/12 at 2:04am
post #24 of 71

@845032

 

what ?

post #25 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

 

One of the things that is wrong with the world today is that there is always some well-meaning fool willing to step to the defence of people who are willing to not do the right thing.

 

Take our good friend 84532. He's not here for a 'welcome exchange of ideas' or 'honest dialog'. He's not open minded, open to ideas, open to valued input, or open to anything else of that nature.

 

Like most trolls, he just wants to talk a lot about subject matter he's not familiar with, stir things up with few good controversial posts, get a few good reactions and get a bit of attention, and then bask in the nice feeling that he gets. Feel free to peruse his 60 or so posts for proof. 

 

Hell, it even looks like the silly bugger responded to reactions to his posts in this thread using a different username, a sign that seems to indicate that he's definitely not here to be constructive. Why do you need multiple usernames when trying to make a point?

 

This is not behaviour that should be defended or encouraged.

 

I think you will find that nearly all members of this site reward and respond well to intelligent, well-though out input. But many of them also don't suffer fools lightly. If he decides he can't handle the heat then he's more than welcome to improve the manner of his dialogue. Or he can get out of the kitchen. The choice is his.

 

When a child misbehaves you discipline it. The same applies to individuals who think that forums like these are here to allow them to address their insufficiencies, rather than communicate intelligently with individuals or a group about a number of subjects or matters.

 

However, I must admit to finding it interesting that you leapt to the conclusion that these posters were automatically Korean.

 

And I can only assume that it will be in a future post of yours that you'll be taking him to task and correcting him about his statement that Samsung was only punished because of the racist America judicial system.

 

Thanks for responding to Kellya, I couldn't be bothered, and I couldn't have said it better myself. 

 

I've never, EVER insulted anyone for sharing an opinion- if it was clear the opinion was honest and sincere, and that individual had noble intentions in terms of discussion and debate. But when an obvious troll is an obvious troll, why should I mince words?

 

Almost every thread is shitted up by such a troll, and as soon as he posts the level of discourse shoots down and any hope of intelligent exchanges is gone. We're supposed to be infinitely 'welcome' to such blatantly obvious, ill-intentioned shit? Why? Also, there's a few languages I don't speak/write too well. The last thing I would think of doing is go spam messageboards based on companies/products I despise with my trolling ways in a language in which I can barely express myself. Why would a rational person do that? Why not spend my time actually practising the language in a more productive way, and leave trolling messageboards for a time when I'm semi-decent?  I speak/read/write arabic, french, and spanish- yet I don't post in these languages out of respect for the people reading, and because I know that I'm not fluent and my vocabulary isn't great.There's forums in every single language on the planet. It's one thing to read blatant troll posts that are legible, its quite another to have a combination of trolling and utterly broken english. These aren't 'opinions', especially when they will never be swayed by any rational argument. It's drive-by APPLE IS SO EVIL AND THEY SUCK level of shit, why should we put up with that? It infests every single other messageboard on the internet, especially techsites, why do we also have to suffer it at a site like this? It's tiresome, pointless, and whats worse is that we get people like Kellya who's too naive to see these kinds of people for the malicious intentions that they have.

 

If I constantly posted to Android sites bashing everything about it, that would not make me someone who is 'expressing an opinion'. It would make me a troll, and it's something I've never, ever done in my life, because the goal would be to stir shit up and piss people off. I ONCE posted on an Android site, with a well composed and respetful post of ways in which I think Android could be improved. I was banned instantly. I'm not asking for this level of censorship and close-mindedness here, but only for a very basic level of moderation that can filter only the most blatant, obvious, and shit-stirring trolls who have no intention of engaging in any type of intelligent or respectful debate. And no, these people have lost the right to be respected. Trust me, I've tried, they don't even aknowledge replies that point out facts. You might be willing to happily welcome anyone who's sole reason here is to mock, attack, and spit on you, but not all of us are willing to act that irrationally. 

 

(When I say 'you', I'm referring to Kellya and anyone else who shares his view)


Edited by Slurpy - 8/31/12 at 1:56am
post #26 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

 

 

Why the **** do the worst trolls have trouble composing legible english? If english isn't your 1st language, why not post on boards with languages that you can actually speak/write?

Furthermore, why isn't 845..whatever banned already? He has almost 90 posts of incomprehensible, trollish drivel that has not contributed an iota to any intelligent discusion. Where the hell are the mods? Tallest, why don't you do your job and ban the worst of the worst, instead of continually to giddily respond while seemingly enjoying yourself a great deal? 845 should have been banned after his 2nd post, yet you just keep the trolling going. Why not have higher standards on this board?

I really dislike his post, but see no reason to ban him. Also dislike the cheap comments about 'legible english', since many people like to me did not do well with English at school, but I earn six figure salary because I am good at what I do. Stop going for the cheap shots and show some class.

post #27 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

 

One of the things that is wrong with the world today is that there is always some well-meaning fool willing to step to the defence of people who are willing to not do the right thing.

 

Take our good friend 84532. He's not here for a 'welcome exchange of ideas' or 'honest dialog'. He's not open minded, open to ideas, open to valued input, or open to anything else of that nature.

 

Like most trolls, he just wants to talk a lot about subject matter he's not familiar with, stir things up with few good controversial posts, get a few good reactions and get a bit of attention, and then bask in the nice feeling that he gets. Feel free to peruse his 60 or so posts for proof. 

 

Hell, it even looks like the silly bugger responded to reactions to his posts in this thread using a different username, a sign that seems to indicate that he's definitely not here to be constructive. Why do you need multiple usernames when trying to make a point?

 

This is not behaviour that should be defended or encouraged.

 

I think you will find that nearly all members of this site reward and respond well to intelligent, well-though out input. But many of them also don't suffer fools lightly. If he decides he can't handle the heat then he's more than welcome to improve the manner of his dialogue. Or he can get out of the kitchen. The choice is his.

 

When a child misbehaves you discipline it. The same applies to individuals who think that forums like these are here to allow them to address their insufficiencies, rather than communicate intelligently with individuals or a group about a number of subjects or matters.

 

However, I must admit to finding it interesting that you leapt to the conclusion that these posters were automatically Korean.

 

And I can only assume that it will be in a future post of yours that you'll be taking him to task and correcting him about his statement that Samsung was only punished because of the racist America judicial system.

I agree with Kelly, simply because there is no need to go for cheap shots, show some class and show him your more intelligent. Kelly not defending, just showing that people who lower themselves to his level are no better!  I now ignore his posts because I know the information is provides, does not help me and his troll in nature. Why do people just block him and ignore him..Hmmm

post #28 of 71

you're simply not going to get ANY ASIAN COUNTRY to side with apple.

 

copying is a cultural thing. period. they do it in school. they did it in art school when i was there. when you ask them, it's simply not an issue.

 

could you imagine the whole culture having to change the behavior of a lifetime? won't happen.

post #29 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post


Why the **** do the worst trolls have trouble composing legible english? If english isn't your 1st language, why not post on boards with languages that you can actually speak/write?
Furthermore, why isn't 845..whatever banned already? He has almost 90 posts of incomprehensible, trollish drivel that has not contributed an iota to any intelligent discusion. Where the hell are the mods? Tallest, why don't you do your job and ban the worst of the worst, instead of continually to giddily respond while seemingly enjoying yourself a great deal? 845 should have been banned after his 2nd post, yet you just keep the trolling going. Why not have higher standards on this board?

No free opinion in Appleland?
Try the ignore button!
post #30 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

I agree with Kelly, simply because there is no need to go for cheap shots, show some class and show him your more intelligent. 

 

That's great in theory, but isn't that how most troll-infested forums work at the moment?

 

And riddle me this:

 

Who has more mad skills?

 

1). An individual who displays class and intelligence, regardless of whether another individual responds to those.

 

or

 

2). An individual who displays class, intelligence AND is also willing to use shots (both cheap, expensive, and alcoholic) to assist another in understanding that their type of behaviour is not acceptable?

 

And aren't you guys breaking your own moral code of behaviour by telling others what type of communication they should use?

 

There is no good or bad but thinking makes it so.

post #31 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Oh, you're back. I'm so thrilled. How'd you take the utter failure of your company? Please don't devolve into slapppy-level "Apple will fail, just watch" comments. 

 

Apple is the one that wanted Samsung to license things. Samsung did not. Samsung is the one that chose lawsuits.

 

Damn! I was hoping Mr. Numbers left the party. AI did seem such a nice place the past few days with all these idiots licking their wounds somewhere. But one slight whiff of a pro-Samsung story and they are back.

post #32 of 71

Imagine Apple pull all their products from Japan? Let them be stuck with Samsung!

post #33 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only evil in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no patent war in smart phone/tablet world.

Remeber, Apple is one who pursue this way.

Samsung, Moto, HTC, Android are defense move.

 

Samsung punished by american court, because they are foreign company who challenge america's most biggest company.

Criminals on the run from the police are also on a defence move. Any one who did wrong would most likely be on a defence move.

post #34 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techboy View Post

Imagine Apple pull all their products from Japan? Let them be stuck with Samsung!

I bet, Japanese still prefer flip phones.

post #35 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techboy View Post

Imagine Apple pull all their products from Japan? Let them be stuck with Samsung!

 

Don't worry about that, Apple still has more patent cases pending in Japan, this one didn't stick maybe the next one will.

 

Florian Mueller is keeping a tally, so far Android has been found to infringe fifteen valid  patents held by Apple and Microsoft.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #36 of 71

“It’s hard to believe the products belong to the range of technologies of the claimant,”

Is it for real? Or just bad translation from Japanese?

 

Because now it looks like the judge said that even though he sees that Apple owns this patent, he can not believe/accept that such technology is owned by an American company. So he says - ok, guys, you own it, but it is actually not so good that you and not some one else owns it, so I am not going to consider you as the owner of the technology.

post #37 of 71

I agree with you, and you ever notice when 845032 does post he is the first one to post on the article?

post #38 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple is one and only innovator in this industry.

if apple become vanish, there are no modern smart phone/tablet in world.

 

 

Fixed.

 

You can carry on with your trolling now. 

post #39 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A Japanese court on Friday ruled against Apple's claim that Samsung infringed on one of its utility patents, handing the Korean company a small victory after its punishing loss in a similar U.S. case.
The Tokyo District Court ruled that Samsung's products do not infringe upon an Apple patent for transferring media content between two devices, reports Reuters.
Further reports from Bloomberg note that Judge Tamotsu Shoji handed down the verdict, ruling Samsung?s Galaxy devices including the Galaxy Tab, are not in violation of Apple?s Patent No. 4,204,977 for synchronizing music and video data in devices to servers.
Apple first sued Samsung in Japan last year, asserting claims against the Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S II, seeking 100 million yen in damages. The Galaxy-series of products in Japan is offered by NTT DoCoMo Inc. (9437), the country?s biggest mobile-phone company.
The ruling comes on the heels of the landmark Apple v. Samsung U.S. trial that found Samsung in violation of six Apple design and utility patents. Apple was ultimately awarded over $1 billion and is now seeking the permanent sales ban of eight infringing devices.
Developing

 

So what. 

post #40 of 71

Japan loves Samsung, Korean dramas and Korean girl bands. They are also very loyal to Samsung since they have various R&D facilities (my student is their lead Japanese R&D man), and corporate ties. There is no way they'd rule against Samdung.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Japan court rules Samsung does not infringe Apple patents