or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint

Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint - Page 4

post #121 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

i thought coke and kfc recipes was top secret, and employees are bound to keep these secrets.

let me know when you find the recipes for kfc , love that stuff.

That's exactly why they keep them top secret.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #122 of 326
Quote:

i will quote wiki

as it shows people that im not making this all up .

and yes i do know what im talking about ,as ive have about 8 apple products and about the same on android.

So what do you think of Motorola's attack on Apple and the continuation of that attack by Google?

Apple is acting defensively against Motorola/Google, as are Microsoft.

Just because you buy Google's hypocrisy it doesn't mean everybody else has to.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #123 of 326
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
So what do you think of Motorola's attack on Apple and the continuation of that attack by Google?

Depends on what the Wikipedia page says about it.

In February 2012, the European Commission, Competition Directorate-General, sent Motorola notice that the Commission received a complaint by Apple on the enforcement of Motorola's standards-essential patents against Apple, allegedly in breach of Motorola's FRAND commitments. Apple's complaint sought the Commission's intervention with respect to standards-essential patents.

Oop, he'll have to edit this paragraph out before he links to the page… 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #124 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markussd View Post

I think Apple is receiving allot of negativity and hate from everyone and his dog since these cases started, this is not good for Apple

And I think the companies stealing Apple's IP ought to either have the courage to come on these boards as themselves and say these things, rather than sending people to pretend they are just "average people", or they should admit their dishonorable cowardice and theft and shut up.

post #125 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No… I can just read

Why would I buy an iPhone 4S when the 6th iPhone is 21 days away?

19 days away for me, provided it is launched in Australia on the 21st.

post #126 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

But artists do copy, or we wouldn't have genres or a definable art forms.

Artists are inspired. Technologist build upon. There is a difference. No one has said only one artist can paint houses with oil paints, but you can paint a different house.

post #127 of 326
19 days away for me, provided it is launched in Australia on the 21st.

Split the difference and you wind up with my birthday. Provided Straight Talk isn't a load of crap and will actually be good with iPhones, it should turn out to be a good one.

post #128 of 326
Quote:

if people happy what apple are doing then there wouldnt be stuff in the papers with headlines like :Samsung: Apple is trying to limit consumer choice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9514137/Samsung-Apple-is-trying-to-limit-consumer-choice.html

Yes, Apple is trying to limit Samsung's idea of consumer choice i.e. which Galaxy is right for me.

That is the only consumer choice Samsung is interested in and they will trample over anyone to get their way.

Google don't care as long as the advertising dollars keep rolling in.

post #129 of 326
Naive Apple believes that everyone will trade modern devices for iphone. More apple spends time in court - more I believe that there will be nothing special and exciting in iphone5. SIII looks like iPhone? Just file motion in any court other then Californian and face reality.
post #130 of 326
Quote:

iphone 6 in 21 days , yeah i guess you can read , and as they say dont believe everything you read on the internet.

oh that was a joke , forgive me if i dont laugh.

1 iPhone

2 iPhone 3G

3 iPhone 3GS

4 iPhone 4

5 iPhone 4S

6 = 6th iPhone???

= Profit.

post #131 of 326

i wonder if the same out come in the us court ,would have been the same if it was held in japan.

i dont think so.

post #132 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

Naive Apple believes that everyone will trade modern devices for iphone. More apple spends time in court - more I believe that there will be nothing special and exciting in iphone5. SIII looks like iPhone? Just file motion in any court other then Californian and face reality.

And I'd bet that if one of the mods check the actual location of your IP, it won't be Tampa, FL

post #133 of 326
Quote:

1 iPhone

2 iPhone 3G

3 iPhone 3GS

4 iPhone 4

5 iPhone 4S

6 = 6th iPhone???

= Profit.

yeah it may be the 6th device , but it still be labled the iphone 5 . or maybe apple will go with the new iphone.

post #134 of 326
Quote:

i wonder if the same out come in the us court ,would have been the same if it was held in japan.

i dont think so.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, seeing as how there are still patents up before the Tokyo court, including some of the one's Samsung was found to have infringed in the USA.

post #135 of 326
Quote:

Naive Apple believes that everyone will trade modern devices for iphone.

Why don't you tell us where Apple said that? In fact, Apple has specifically stated that they're happy with competition. They just want the competition to invent their own stuff rather than stealing Apple's. That is, Apple WANTS true competitors rather than copycats.
Quote:

More apple spends time in court - more I believe that there will be nothing special and exciting in iphone5.

What an incredibly insane argument.....

So the key to Apple having a differentiated product is to sit idly by while all their competitors make near-exact copies of Apple's ground-breaking products.

And the converse is that if Apple protects its IP, it will no longer have any differentiation.

Amazing. They really need to teach critical thinking in schools.
Quote:

i thought coke and kfc recipes was top secret, and employees are bound to keep these secrets.

let me know when you find the recipes for kfc , love that stuff.

And that was exactly the point that was being made. Patents expire after a fixed amount of time. Trade secrets do not. Two different IP protection schemes and each has its place.

But how in the world do you get from "Coke's recipe is secret" to "Samsung should be allowed to steal Apple's IP"? That's a huge leap of 'logic'.
Quote:

if people happy what apple are doing then there wouldnt be stuff in the papers with headlines like :Samsung: Apple is trying to limit consumer choice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9514137/Samsung-Apple-is-trying-to-limit-consumer-choice.html

You apparently forgot the articles about Samsung being fined at least $1 B for stealing Apple's IP. That is far more relevant than a self-serving statement from a convicted criminal organization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markussd View Post

I think Apple is receiving allot of negativity and hate from everyone and his dog since these cases started, this is not good for Apple

So all you mindless trolls are now "his dog"?

The only people who are expressing negativity about Apple are:
- thieves like Samsung
- People who don't know better and believe what the thieves tell them
- People who are incapable of creating things so they think it's OK to steal from others
- People who are too cheap to buy quality products and therefore want the cheap clone makers to be able to steal all IP with impunity.

There is a huge number of people who are obviously OK with Apple - look at their sales figures.
Quote:

from wiki
Google has publicly expressed its dislike for the current patent landscape in the United States,

Google has always had disdain for the patent landscape in the United States. You see, patent law prevents them from stealing every piece of IP in sight and they don't like it. (The only IP that Google thinks should be protected is their search algorithms). Read up on Google Books. It's not about patents, but it shows quite clearly what Google thinks of IP protection.

The trolls have gotten even sadder than usual. Almost makes you wish that googleguy hadn't gone into hiding after Samsung got creamed and his paycheck dried up. Not quite, but almost.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #136 of 326
Quote:

i dont think so.

Why in the world would a US patent case be tried in Japan? It was a U.S. case involving U.S. law and U.S. Patents. And Apple won decisively.
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #137 of 326
Quote:

yeah it may be the 6th device , but it still be labled the iphone 5 . or maybe apple will go with the new iphone.

You replied to someone who stated "6th iPhone".

At the moment it's the Clint Eastwood in the role of the man without a name in the Good the Bad and the Ugly phone.

post #138 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

And I'd bet that if one of the mods check the actual location of your IP, it won't be Tampa, FL

He will disappoint you because you lost.
post #139 of 326

I've loved iPhones since my first 3G. I've loved every new model even as I gradually grew tired of iOS. I jailbroke my 4S just to get some of the excitement back and that worked for a time. Honestly, I can only remember 4 additional functions since the 3G that have changed the way I use my iPhone: notifications, folders, search and Siri. Everything else that's changed in each new iteration of iOS has been relatively minor and hasn't really impacted the way I use it. My iPhone has simply been a reliable gadget that helps me accomplish more in my day.... dull.... but reliable.

That's not good enough any more.

Yesterday I watched a hands on video of the Samsung Note 2, and it

blew

me

away.

Apple is about to have real problems if it doesn't shake up iOS. Given the same diet, day after day, everyone gets bored eventually.

If Apple can only win suits in the US they aren't going to stop Samsung or any of the others. Minor adjustments to the manufacturer's OS tweaks will get them around any bans and the money doesn't really matter to ANY of the parties involved.

post #140 of 326

im not a samsung fanboy ive had 3 htc android phones ,and loved them ive also had every iphone , and they was ok but nothing stellar.

however i am a fan of the android os.

there is obviously alot of apple fans on here, which is understable it is an apple inspired site.

why worry what the big guns are fighting about just enjoy your tech and look forward to the next big thing .

theres always going to be compition and rival companys .

ps3 vs xbox 360 vs wii and so on

puma vs addidas

ford vs renault.

its all good in the end for the consumer as companies try harder to give us there best.

post #141 of 326

All these patent infringement have  been a blessing for Samsung customers as well as for Apple customers.

For Samsung customers, it has caused Samsung to update their phones and will cause them to innovate and create new phones with better technology. Samsung has the talent to create.

For Apple customers: Now that Samsung has gotten off of its emulate mode, its new creations will force Apple to create new stuff with more features in order to stay on top.

Everyones a winner when it comes to Apple and Samsung customers.

post #142 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvoraak View Post

I've loved iPhones since my first 3G. I've loved every new model even as I gradually grew tired of iOS. I jailbroke my 4S just to get some of the excitement back and that worked for a time. Honestly, I can only remember 4 additional functions since the 3G that have changed the way I use my iPhone: notifications, folders, search and Siri. Everything else that's changed in each new iteration of iOS has been relatively minor and hasn't really impacted the way I use it. My iPhone has simply been a reliable gadget that helps me accomplish more in my day.... dull.... but reliable.

blew

me

away.

Apple is about to have real problems if it doesn't shake up iOS. Given the same diet, day after day, everyone gets bored eventually.

If Apple can only win suits in the US they aren't going to stop Samsung or any of the others. Minor adjustments to the manufacturer's OS tweaks will get them around any bans and the money doesn't really matter to ANY of the parties involved.

thats how i felt when i had my iphones , got bored with them very quickly and felt uninspired .

i too jailbroke my iphones just to spark abit of new to them ,ive never hacked or modded any of my android devices, never felt the need to .

post #143 of 326
Quote:

im not a samsung fanboy ive had 3 htc android phones ,and loved them ive also had every iphone , and they was ok but nothing stellar.

however i am a fan of the android os.

there is obviously alot of apple fans on here, which is understable it is an apple inspired site.

why worry what the big guns are fighting about just enjoy your tech and look forward to the next big thing .

theres always going to be compition and rival companys .

ps3 vs xbox 360 vs wii and so on

puma vs addidas

ford vs renault.

its all good in the end for the consumer as companies try harder to give us there best.

You can be a fan of the Android OS, it doesn't mean you have to be a fan of Samsung.

HTC is slowly being strangled by Samsung's dominance.

TouchWiz has won against Sense by having a closer mimicry of iOS.

post #144 of 326

wow that samsung galaxy note 2 is huge . but nice looking close to the s3.

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/31/samsung-galaxy-note-2-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3-specs-comparison/

post #145 of 326
Quote:

You can be a fan of the Android OS, it doesn't mean you have to be a fan of Samsung.

HTC is slowly being strangled by Samsung's dominance.

TouchWiz has won against Sense by having a closer mimicry of iOS.

the touchwiz feels nothing like the ios.

post #146 of 326

I love how all these people have suddenly changed tack, now we are on to the good old  "iOS is stale" routine.

Coming up next, screen size.

post #147 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

the touchwiz feels nothing like the ios.

Tell that to the jury and the court that just found that it is something like iOS, like a Billion dollars worth of "like iOS".

post #148 of 326
Quote:

I love how all these people have suddenly changed tack, now we are on to the good old  "iOS is stale" routine.

well the ios is stale , and dont look like ios 6 is going to be anything of a major change , i know my son is beta testing it .

post #149 of 326
Quote:

wow that samsung galaxy note 2 is huge . but nice looking close to the s3.

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/08/31/samsung-galaxy-note-2-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3-specs-comparison/

Find one of the hands on videos that Samsung's released and prepare to be amazed. All the big bloggers got a few minutes with the Note 2 at the release and there's some vids of that but look for the one's Samsung has started releasing that go in depth. Simply amazing.

post #150 of 326
Quote:

Find one of the hands on videos that Samsung's released and prepare to be amazed. All the big bloggers got a few minutes with the Note 2 at the release and there's some vids of that but look for the one's Samsung has started releasing that go in depth. Simply amazing.

yeah ive just read the spec ,wow

2gb of ram and 1.6ghz  quad core .

thats better than some laptops and net books .

crazy

post #151 of 326
Quote:

blew

me

away.

I have a Note, and retired it after 3 months of use, it fits my pockets fine, but not my hands, I'm a size 7.5 glove, and my right hand thumb hurt so bad from using it I put it down and haven't looked back.  

It's too big to use one handed, and too small to use with 2 hands.

Dropped it multiple times too trying to reach for something in the top left or left side, the phone shifted in my hand and I dropped it.

I'd rather use a 7+ inch tablet and a smaller size phone, currently using a S3 and Nexus 7, will be switching to an iP5 and iPad Mini when they're available.  

post #152 of 326
Quote:

He will disappoint you because you lost.

Oh, so you found a proxy service located there? Samsung taught you how to cover your tracks.

Or, maybe you are just bluffing.

post #153 of 326
Quote:

Well, what do you expect from the flood of new posters pretending they are unaffiliated with Samsung, and "own many Apple product."

It's disgusting to see the lows a company like Samsung will stoop to to defend their dishonorable behavior. Apparently, they know no other way but to lie, cheat and steal.

post #154 of 326
Quote:

Well, what do you expect from the flood of new posters pretending they are unaffiliated with Samsung, and "own many Apple product."

It's disgusting to see the lows a company like Samsung will stoop to to defend their dishonorable behavior. Apparently, they know no other way but to lie, cheat and steal.

i have nothing to do with samsung in anyway , except i own a s3 and yes i own 3 apple products, can post pics later after my bbq.

post #155 of 326

Sorta off-topic but still overall relevant, imo: LG had a tablet too called iPad ... 9 years ago.

HP Omni 100-5100z, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM; ASUS Transformer, 16GB, Android 4.0 ICS
Although I no longer own Apple products like I did before, I'll continue to post my opinions.

HP Omni 100-5100z, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM; ASUS Transformer, 16GB, Android 4.0 ICS
Although I no longer own Apple products like I did before, I'll continue to post my opinions.

post #156 of 326
Quote:

Oh, so you found a proxy service located there? Samsung taught you how to cover your tracks.

Or, maybe you are just bluffing.

No, he is one of those undercover communists. I bet he develops "free" android apps in he's spare time.

"I invented the rectangle"  - Steve Jobs

"We Bomb you" - USA

"I invented the rectangle"  - Steve Jobs

"We Bomb you" - USA

post #157 of 326
Quote:

The iPhone always "still looked like iPhone." But that's the point. That's the key. Apple's mastered the art of marrying software to hardware. A proven device will remain much the same throughout several cycles. With Apple's current iPhone development strategy, they've captured over 30% of the US market - ALL UNDER THE SAME ROOF, with at most, 2-3 devices. 

No on else can claim that. 

Yes, the iPhone's design and iOS are just *that* good. And that's not even mentioning the Apple ecosystem. 

post #158 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zc456 View Post

Sorta off-topic but still overall relevant, imo: LG had a tablet too called iPad ... 9 years ago.

Which was as worthless as the rest. So did others, not just LG, and under different names and brands. They made good doorstops. 

The industry blockheads (especially in the pre-iPhone days) thought all you needed was a laptop base, with a built-in screen and a bad resistive touch interface, with more or less the same OS shoved into it. Too funny. 

post #159 of 326

I gotta believe that Apple has two goals in litigating the patent infringers.  The first is to punish them and receive damages.  The other is to establish Apple as a company you don't want to steal from, thus avoiding litigation in the future while suppressing IP theft.  This process could go on for some time, but it should eventually work as long as they keep winning.

post #160 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

How about: 15-36-24?

Honey Boo Boo, when she grows up.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint