or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint - Page 5

post #161 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

i have nothing to do with samsung in anyway , except i own a s3 and yes i own 3 apple products, can post pics later after my bbq.

 

And yet, you assumed that was directed at you? Interesting.

 

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

post #162 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

I gotta believe that Apple has two goals in litigating the patent infringers.  The first is to punish them and receive damages.  The other is to establish Apple as a company you don't want to steal from, thus avoiding litigation in the future while suppressing IP theft.  This process could go on for some time, but it should eventually work as long as they keep winning.

 

 

This is exactly right. This is at the heart of the matter. 

post #163 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I love how all these people have suddenly changed tack, now we are on to the good old  "iOS is stale" routine.

 

Coming up next, screen size.


So nobody who's ever used an Apple product could ever go looking elsewhere for satisfaction huh? Anybody who's been around the Yahoo technology stories for awhile will recognize my ugly dog avatar and know that I've been an Apple defender for a long time now. The iPhone has the best performance bar none and I don't expect the new Note to perform as flawlessly as my 4S. I also don't expect it to bore me.

 

*edit* LOL just realized my avatar isn't showing. Oh well. I've got the only ugly dog around. Ugly enough to be memorable :)

post #164 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

You must have missed the review of the Nexus 7 where this very site claimed that, "While previous versions of Android and older Android hardware had a noticeable lag in user interface responsiveness, the Nexus 7 feels akin to what iPhone and iPad users are already accustomed to."

Yeah, like I posted earlier, DED would've found more to criticize. lol.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #165 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post


Yes, the iPhone's design and iOS are just *that* good. And that's not even mentioning the Apple ecosystem. 

Well, I had Windows Mobile phone when iPhone came out and I was deeply impressed. While it also was rectangle with round corners it didn't have damn stylus and apps were 99c while apps for windows mobile were as expensive as for PC. User friendly UI etc. But years later it's still the same. My old Touch is still alive; impressive battery life. But UI isn't much different from latest iPhone or my ipad3 and this is primary source of frustration for me. I lol'd at first Android device I saw with sliding KB and look how fancy are latest One X and S3. Self isolation is Apple's tradition and that's why we live in Windows dominated world. They build their own software and hardware and compete pretty much against rest of the world. Remember Voodoo video cards? They where #1 and riva128 was nothing but raw attempt to compete.
post #166 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

the touchwiz feels nothing like the ios.

It sure looks like it though.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #167 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

It sure looks like it though.

Touchwiz is as clumsy as any Samsung UI I ever saw. They should learn from HTC sense. At least no lawsuit danger.
post #168 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

it says on wiki that android 1st developed 2005 and the 1st iphone came out in 2007

 

 

so looks like apple was the theives .

 

quotes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

 

The first iPhone was unveiled by Steve Jobs, late CEO of Apple, on January 9, 2007,[1] and released on June 29, 2007

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

 

Google financially backed the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., and later purchased it in 2005.[8] The unveiling of the Android distribution in 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance

 

ive had all the iphones and about 5 android phones ,and id rather have the freedom i have with my samsung galaxy s3 than be forced by apple how to have my phone any day .

 

 

i rest my case .

 

OMG look you guys. It just registered. Oh, and it's even got a proper "z" at the end of its name. It  tried to form a logical argument but fell short and rested its case on a logical fallacy (the oh-so-versatile undistributed middle term). That's so cute, you guys! Can we keep it?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #169 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

it says on wiki that android 1st developed 2005 and the 1st iphone came out in 2007

 

 

so looks like apple was the theives .

 

quotes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

 

The first iPhone was unveiled by Steve Jobs, late CEO of Apple, on January 9, 2007,[1] and released on June 29, 2007

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

 

Google financially backed the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., and later purchased it in 2005.[8] The unveiling of the Android distribution in 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance

 

ive had all the iphones and about 5 android phones ,and id rather have the freedom i have with my samsung galaxy s3 than be forced by apple how to have my phone any day .

 

 

i rest my case .

 

 

 

What case?

 

 

http://www.teknoids.net/content/earliest-known-photos-apple-ipad-prototype

 

 

 

Quote:
Now based on previous reports and deposition testimony, we can say with reasonable certainty that iPhone development began in late 2004/early 2005. Indeed, a 2008 Wired article relayed that Apple's first meeting with Cingular (now AT&T) transpired in February of 2005 where Jobs discussed the notion of a "Motorola-free partnership".

 

 

 

Development of the iPhone began in 2005, and possibly earlier.  
 

 

 

 

Quote:
It was a late morning in the fall of 2006. Almost a year earlier, Steve Jobs had tasked about 200 of Apple's top engineers with creating the iPhone. 

 

 

And finally:

 

http://blog.cleartrip.com/2010/06/16/what-android-looked-like-circa-2007/

post #170 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

the touchwiz feels nothing like the ios.

 

Some troll's anecdotal opinion vs. a court's, and that of a jury of troll's own peers. 

 

I wonder which one should be taken seriously. 

 

 

/s

post #171 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

theres always going to be compition

When is the "compition" going to begin?

One company simply copying another is not"compition".

post #172 of 326

a1aiphone.jpg

 

Found this in a blog post, thought is was funny, especially the last line. (I think the ad is just a fake mock up since there are a few typos)

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #173 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz82277 View Post

It's a waste of time and money when it is overturned for jury misconduct. The jury foreman got on video stating that half the jury was siding with Samsung until he convinced them that prior art didn't constitute prior art. That billion dollars is about to be severely reduced or overturned completely, and when the case gets to Washington, the patents are going to be invalidated altogether as "Obvious". Laugh now, cry later dude.

I'm not sure if I understand the CA jury system, since I live in a country that doesn't do juries. I did live in Australia for a while and served on a jury there once on a criminal case, and we had clear instructions not to consider anything we knew from anywhere but the courtroom, and to keep the jury room deliberations confidential.

 

The first part appears to apply in this trial, so a mistrial could be a problem. There's also a pretty good reason to maintain jury-room confidentiality. There are obvious conflicts of interest in a case like this: doing something dramatic and getting yourself all over the media is just a start.

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Reply

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Reply
post #174 of 326

hahaha

 

 

this is funny ,its like a game of tennis.

 

 

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19433019

post #175 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Keep hitting them hard Apple! I've always wished for this to go thermonuclear! Apple shouldn't rest for a single moment! Keep them lawyers working 24-7-365, as there are plenty of copycats and rotten thieves out there left to sue.

 

And meanwhile, the propagandists will be hard at work, talking some nonsense about how this is bad for the consumer, some crap about having less options. Buying a stolen ripoff should not be an option, unless you are a slimy character who does not believe in IP rights. I say screw those kinds of consumers! 

 

And here's a special message for all Fandroids out there, I hope that the phone or tablet that you just bought ends up getting banned. You deserve it. Either way, your phone will be obsolete pretty soon, ban or no ban.lol.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Keep hitting them hard Apple! I've always wished for this to go thermonuclear! Apple shouldn't rest for a single moment! Keep them lawyers working 24-7-365, as there are plenty of copycats and rotten thieves out there left to sue.

 

And meanwhile, the propagandists will be hard at work, talking some nonsense about how this is bad for the consumer, some crap about having less options. Buying a stolen ripoff should not be an option, unless you are a slimy character who does not believe in IP rights. I say screw those kinds of consumers! 

 

And here's a special message for all Fandroids out there, I hope that the phone or tablet that you just bought ends up getting banned. You deserve it. Either way, your phone will be obsolete pretty soon, ban or no ban.lol.gif

So if these simple utility patents are removed from Android or proven to be of prior art, what then? What is Apple going to do to keep "hitting them hard"? These new phones are nothing like the iPhone and Jellybean is completely different from iOS. Both OSes have diverged and gone in different directions. So what exactly are you expecting to happen?

 

What is up with your rage? You hope the phones and tablets that other people purchased end up being banned? You mentioned that it is propoganda that Apple wants less choice. Let me see. Apple wants to ban ALL the competition...that seems to equate to LESS CHOICE for the consumer to me. I guess that is what you want...people only have a choice of buying an iPhone or...wait for it....NOTHING else.

post #176 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahblade View Post

Apple is correct to protect it's properties, because if they don't... They will end up like Sony. This crusade is for past wrongs and preemptive strike on the behalf of future innovative products / software. Fight on Apple!!!

Sony failed purely due to hubris and the sale of substandard electronics (compared to their past electronic devices). 

post #177 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Hi Mr Harder.

 

I've got a Galaxy Nexus and an iPhone 4 and an HTC Cha Cha but I can't be bothered taking photo's, I did make this video demonstrating how an S III lags slightly when swiping your finger across the screen.

 

What's that thing with the screen going black when opening Java programs, it's pretty annoying and what's with that blue glow crap when you reach the end of a list, is that trying to hide Apple's bounce back?

 

I can make another video of that if you want.

 

What does this, in ANY way, have to do with you stating that the SIII is very similar to the iPod Touch?

post #178 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvri View Post

The US patent system is really broken and ridiculous !
I'm really happy to live in a country which won't accept such idiot patent.
Soon, there will be only one smartphone in the US .... Good for choice and liberty ! :-/
Apple didn't invent all these things !
My iPhone 4 will stay my last Apple smartphone. I'll go back to Nexus !

Already did this. I am keeping the iPhone 4 to play my DRM-riddled (Japan iTunes store) music ... fairplay my arse. I am using both my Samsung Focus and my Galaxy Nexus until I decide on which one I will stick with for the last year of my AT&T contract.

post #179 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

hahaha

 

 

this is funny ,its like a game of tennis.

 

 

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19433019

 

 

The tennis court everyone wants to win on is the US market. That's the market in which brand power and mindshare are made. This is the market in which your product (under current market dynamics) either achieves "star power" or it doesn't.

 

This, in turn, influences consumers in other markets. 

 

The ruling that *really* matters already happened. In the US. 

 

Further, Apple has so much brand power at this point, that any official ban on products will simply drive up demand (and create a huge black market), or cause a lot of protest.

 

 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/01/13/iphone-china.html

 

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/15/chinese-customs-tells-proview-that-ban-of-ipad-exports-would-be-difficult/

 

 

Quote:
However, China's customs authorities told Proview that it would be difficult to execute such a ban due to the popularity of Apple's products:
 
"The customs have told us that it will be difficult to implement a ban because many Chinese consumers love Apple products. The sheer size of the market is very big," Yang Long-san, chief of Proview Technology (Shenzhen), told Reuters in a telephone interview on Wednesday.
 

 

Any way you slice it, the cards are stacked massively in Apple's favour, due to their usual legal savvy, but particularly due to astronomical consumer enthusiasm and demand, which, in turn, is due purely to the strength of Apple's line of products. It all comes down to the product. Not to universal licensing. Not to market flooding. But the fact that Apple gear is insanely great. 

post #180 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

 

Protectionism? Outcompete? Those words don't apply here. Protecting intellectual property isn't protectionism. Shoveling cheep knockoff products onto the market isn't competing, it's flooding the market with counterfeits. (And, even though you didn't mention it, releasing cheap knockoffs of other people's technology isn't innovation.)

 

However, there are a number of similarities between Apple v. Samsung and Dupont v Kolon:

 

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuPont_v._Kolon_Industries

 

So, let's throw "political correctness" on the rubbish heap and get right to the point. Economically successful Asian countries are so because they have adopted (and to be fair, in many cases refined) a number of practices that originated in the West. In fact, our entire modern world is founded on scientific and economic advances that wouldn't have been possible without the advances in thought and culture brought about by what we now call Western Civilization. (Which is not to say that they would never have existed otherwise, just that they were necessary to get to where we are today, and that it was, specifically, the West where these changes came about.) Which is not to say that their is nothing of value in Asian culture, the facts are quite to the contrary, but modern science, technology and economic systems, which define the modern world, are Western inventions, inventions of a game that everyone is invited to play.

 

And it's a game that works beautifully as long as everyone plays by the rules. The problem with games, however, is that, if you don't get caught and penalized, cheating will usually allow you to do better than those who stick to the rules. We have our own problem in the West with cheaters, cheating is nothing new in this game. (Google is one of the most egregious cheaters in modern times.) But, it's an undeniable fact that cheating is rampant in many Asian countries, particularly in the practice on not respecting rules that apply to intellectual property. You can rail on that these accusations are evidence of bias, prejudice, whatever you want to call it, but the facts very simply are that intellectual property theft (among other offenses, such as currency manipulation as practiced, for example by China) is commonplace in many Asian countries. In other words, Asia is cheating in the game.

 

South Korea, however, is a special case. South Korea wouldn't even exist today were it not for Western intervention. South Korea wouldn't even exist today if it weren't propped up by U.S. taxpayer dollars for the past 60 years. So, perhaps you can understand that South Korean intellectual property piracy, at the expense of U.S. companies, is particularly offensive to anyone in the U.S. who isn't attempting to keep up a pretense that everyone is equally good. It's a slap in the face to U.S. taxpayers, whose money built South Korea, to watch South Korean companies steal from us. It's a betrayal from a people who would be working in labor camps if we hadn't saved their asses and poured billions of dollars into their economy over the years.

 

So, yes, South Korea, and in particular South Korean companies like Samsung and Kolon, do need to be taught a lesson. The lesson that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. The lesson that cheating won't be allowed at our expense when you are feeding at the trough of U.S. taxpayer dollars and our military is defending your borders, and our soldiers have died for your freedom.

 

If South Korean companies actually had any honor, rather than just maintaining a facade of honor hiding a complete lack of morals, there wouldn't be these issues. You can be as angry as you damn please that South Korean companies are being called out for cheating, for stabbing U.S. companies in particular in the back, but only denying the truth of the situation, turning your back completely on any real honor, engaging in rank hypocrisy, will allow you to pretend to be the injured party in this affair. So, rant on, if you like, but you won't find many sympathetic ears in the U.S., just a lot of entirely justifiable anger.

1. The U.S. has kept supporting S. Korea since it gave us a military hold in the region, not because we are nice guys. We didn't save the S. Korean people, we stopped Soviet expansion in the region. The moment S. Korea is no longer an asset we would pull out in a heartbeat. The only reason we spend our tax dollars there is because it suits us. 

 

2. I find it rather offensive that you claim S. Korean companies are honorless, while implying that somehow the U.S. companies aren't. 

post #181 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Why in the world would a US patent case be tried in Japan? It was a U.S. case involving U.S. law and U.S. Patents. And Apple won decisively.

Then what is Apple suing about in Europe, S. Korea, Japan and Australia? What was Apple asking European countries to ban Samsung products over if not Apple's patents?

post #182 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

1. The U.S. has kept supporting S. Korea since it gave us a military hold in the region, not because we are nice guys. We didn't save the S. Korean people, we stopped Soviet expansion in the region. The moment S. Korea is no longer an asset we would pull out in a heartbeat. The only reason we spend our tax dollars there is because it suits us. 

 

2. I find it rather offensive that you claim S. Korean companies are honorless, while implying that somehow the U.S. companies aren't. 

#2 is very well said.

post #183 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

hahaha

 

 

this is funny ,its like a game of tennis.

 

 

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19433019

 

Wow, I am shocked.

 

The BBC used to be a bastion of the proper use of the English language, yet in the opening two paragraphs we find this:-

 

"A court in Tokyo has ruled that Samsung Electronics did not infringe on patents held by Apple, a victory for the South Korean company.

 

The patent was related to transferring media content between devices."

 

There has only been one patent ruled upon so far.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #184 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

LOL. Is there a "just kidding" Apple?
Ping?

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply
post #185 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplication View Post


Ping?

 

Ping?

 

That's like holding off on buying a Ferrari because you don't like the floor mats. 

post #186 of 326
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Naive Apple believes that everyone will trade modern devices for iphone.

 

Naive troll thinks its phones that can't have their software updated (just like cell phones before the iPhone never got updates) are 'modern devices'.

 

I use an LG VX5300 as my phone-phone right now. It's… six years old, I believe. In that time, I have never received a software update for it. If I wanted to keep living like that, I'd buy an Android phone. But I think I'd rather buy another iPhone, because my iPhone has, in the five years I've had it, received… 18 software updates. How many do brand new Android phones receive, I wonder… from none to three.


More apple spends time in court - more I believe that there will be nothing special and exciting in the 6th iPhone .

 

Ah, so Apple's legal team is the same as their hardware and software design teams, and they're "wasting time" in court to the detriment of the phone you know absolutely nothing about. I see.


Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

yeah it may be the 6th device , but it still be labled the iphone 5 .

 

EXCEPT NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.


Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
And I'd bet that if one of the mods check the actual location of your IP, it won't be Tampa, FL

 

I am only replying to this because the correct answer is already publicly put forth by the person in question.


Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

why worry what the big guns are fighting about just enjoy your tech and look forward to the next big thing .

its all good in the end for the consumer as companies try harder to give us there best.

 

This entire argument is based on a flawed premise.


Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post
the touchwiz feels nothing like the ios.

 

Except we just had a lawsuit that says otherwise.

 

Originally Posted by Dvoraak View Post
…excitement… dull… Apple is about to have real problems if it doesn't shake up iOS. Given the same diet, day after day, everyone gets bored eventually.
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post
well the ios is stale , and dont look like ios 6 is going to be anything of a major change , i know my son is beta testing it .
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
I love how all these people have suddenly changed tack, now we are on to the good old  "iOS is stale" routine.

 

Agreed. I'll say it again: if you treat your OS like you treat your bread, there's a problem somewhere. And it's not with the OS.

 

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post
OMG look you guys. It just registered. Oh, and it's even got a proper "z" at the end of its name. It  tried to form a logical argument but fell short and rested its case on a logical fallacy (the oh-so-versatile undistributed middle term). That's so cute, you guys! Can we keep it?

 

I'm curious if your theory is actually correct. The fact that I'm even having to seriously consider this probably means something… 


Originally Posted by diplication View Post
Ping?


Edited by Tallest Skil - 9/1/12 at 3:20pm

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #187 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post


You hope the phones and tablets that other people purchased end up being banned? You mentioned that it is propoganda that Apple wants less choice. Let me see. Apple wants to ban ALL the competition...that seems to equate to LESS CHOICE for the consumer to me. I guess that is what you want...people only have a choice of buying an iPhone or...wait for it....NOTHING else.

They want to pay for the phone as much as for IPhone when it was released.
post #188 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

When is the "compition" going to begin?

One company simply copying another is not"compition".

 

When I type on my iPad or iMac it auto-corrects spelling errors. It also underlines misspelled words which I can right click on to get suggestions. Android apparently doesn't have a working spell checker. Neither does Window because whenever a Fandroid or Windows cultist post their drivel the misspellings are rampant. Why is that? 

post #189 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

 

 

The tennis court everyone wants to win on is the US market. That's the market in which brand power and mindshare are made. This is the market in which your product (under current market dynamics) either achieves "star power" or it doesn't.

 

This, in turn, influences consumers in other markets. 

 

The ruling that *really* matters already happened. In the US. 

 

Further, Apple has so much brand power at this point, that any official ban on products will simply drive up demand (and create a huge black market), or cause a lot of protest.

 

 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/01/13/iphone-china.html

 

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/15/chinese-customs-tells-proview-that-ban-of-ipad-exports-would-be-difficult/

 

 

 

Any way you slice it, the cards are stacked massively in Apple's favour, due to their usual legal savvy, but particularly due to astronomical consumer enthusiasm and demand, which, in turn, is due purely to the strength of Apple's line of products. It all comes down to the product. Not to universal licensing. Not to market flooding. But the fact that Apple gear is insanely great. 

dont tell me your american.

post #190 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

 

When I type on my iPad or iMac it auto-corrects spelling errors. It also underlines misspelled words which I can right click on to get suggestions. Android apparently doesn't have a working spell checker. Neither does Window because whenever a Fandroid or Windows cultist post their drivel the misspellings are rampant. Why is that? 

 

 

Because they're not particularly bright?

 

Just look at them on here, and on MacRumors especially. The worst is Neowin, though.

post #191 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

dont tell me your american.

 

 

Canadian. Parents are from Central Europe.

post #192 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

 

 

Canadian. Parents are from Eastern Europe.

if you was british or korean you wouldnt be saying/thinking this way ,trust me .

 

 

 

we brits have a diffrent way of thinking and humor too.

post #193 of 326

So... many... trolls...

 

I think its because this article was posted one other sites or something. But ya the senseless crying from the fandroids is exceptional today, its like being in a nursery ward at a hospital.

post #194 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

if you was british or korean you wouldnt be saying/thinking this way ,trust me .

 

 

 

And if my mother had wheels I'd be a wagon. 

 

It doesn't any effect on basic market realities. The earth is flat, whether you're from the UK or the US. 

 

The US market is the crown jewel of the tech industry, particularly in terms of brand power. It's just the way it is. American pop culture plays very big overseas. 

post #195 of 326
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post
if you was british or korean you wouldnt be saying/thinking this way ,trust me .

we brits have a diffrent way of thinking and humor too.

 

Plenty of British and Korean people on here that haven't completely lost it, though. They have the common sense that you seem to lack.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #196 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

if you was british or korean you wouldnt be saying/thinking this way ,trust me .

 

 

 

we brits have a diffrent way of thinking and humor too.

I happen to be a big fan of british humor, I think your countrymen might take issue with you speaking for them.

post #197 of 326
Tallest. The difference between our attitudes is that I'm doing a favor to Apple, Infiniti and Publix by buying their products and you're buying relics that I treat like nothing but a gadget and replacing them back and forth. Simple.
post #198 of 326
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
…you're buying relics…

 

I think you're confused.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #199 of 326

I'm sure you all already know where a so called genius Jony Ivy inspiration comes from, but for me this was a complete game changer back in 2007.

http://gizmodo.com/343641/1960s-braun-products-hold-the-secrets-to-apples-future

 

 

"I invented the rectangle"  - Steve Jobs

"We Bomb you" - USA

Reply

"I invented the rectangle"  - Steve Jobs

"We Bomb you" - USA

Reply
post #200 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

 

Anyway... It's going to be quite interesting WHEN Apple's little sue-rage gets to the higher courts and these nonsensical 'patents' are invalidated.

And I can't wait for Santa to come down my chimney this Christmas, and for the Easter Bunny to bring me chocolate eggs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint