or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint

Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint - Page 2

post #41 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Apple 
[" url="/t/152259/apple-adds-samsungs-flagship-galaxy-s-iii-galaxy-note-to-amended-galaxy-nexus-complaint#post_2180290"]
Keep hitting them hard Apple! I've always wished for this to go thermonuclear! Apple shouldn't rest for a single moment! Keep them lawyers working 24-7-365, as there are plenty of copycats and rotten thieves out there left to sue.
I say 60-60-24-7-365! lol.gif

How about: 15-36-24?
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #42 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Hi Mr Harder.

I've got a Galaxy Nexus and an iPhone 4 and an HTC Cha Cha but I can't be bothered taking photo's, I did make this video demonstrating how an S III lags slightly when swiping your finger across the screen.

What's that thing with the screen going black when opening Java programs, it's pretty annoying and what's with that blue glow crap when you reach the end of a list, is that trying to hide Apple's bounce back?

I can make another video of that if you want.

<<stupid vid that disproves his point>

ummmmm what lag?

do you mean the inexact finger tracking? that's not lag. (I guess technically it is, but that's not what most people mean when they mention it)

And the edge glow isn't to hide bounce back, it's Androids non-infringing method for indicating list end that Samsung removed in other devices when they added bounceback.
post #43 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

How about: 15-36-24?

that's one misshapen woman
post #44 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

ummmmm what lag?
do you mean the inexact finger tracking? that's not lag. (I guess technically it is, but that's not what most people mean when they mention it)
And the edge glow isn't to hide bounce back, it's Androids non-infringing method for indicating list end that Samsung removed in other devices when they added bounceback.

It looks roughly around the same 300 mS lag that affects music creation software.

Here's an earlier video I made with a Galaxy S, enjoy:-

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #45 of 326
Quote:

Sounds like you are the cowardly one, what's the matter pal, too afraid to insult the living?

The only real genius behind papa Jobs is he stole ideas and then paid off officials by claiming he invented it.

post #46 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter2009 View Post

The only real genius behind papa Jobs is he stole ideas and then paid off officials by claiming he invented it.

any evidence?

post #47 of 326
Quote:

It looks roughly around the same 300 mS lag that affects music creation software.

I use a lot of music software, and I can notice the difference between a few milliseconds in sound. I can easily tell the difference between 5 ms and 10 ms.  That's one big reason why Android is pure junk and Apple is the only viable option for such uses, but it baffles me that so many Android users have such bad senses that they don't notice anything, are they all drugged up? How can people not notice lag in the hundreds of milliseconds? 300 milliseconds is more than a quarter of a second, that is absolutely terrible and totally unusable.

post #48 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I use a lot of music software, and I can notice the difference between a few milliseconds in sound. I can easily tell the difference between 5 ms and 10 ms.  That's one big reason why Android is pure junk and Apple is the only viable option for such uses, but it baffles me that so many Android users have such bad senses that they don't notice anything, are they all drugged up? How can people not notice lag in the hundreds of milliseconds? 300 milliseconds is more than a quarter of a second, that is absolutely terrible and totally unusable.

You must have missed the review of the Nexus 7 where this very site claimed that, "While previous versions of Android and older Android hardware had a noticeable lag in user interface responsiveness, the Nexus 7 feels akin to what iPhone and iPad users are already accustomed to."

post #49 of 326
post #50 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo63 View Post

I am an Apple guy, and I support any company's decision to protect their designs and IP. That said, I am getting awfully tired of this. Ugh.

So am I.

It's ok Apple, you kicked their ass, fine. Now back to work, don't waste your time and money anymore in court. Improve your products and OS and make what you are known for: research, invent and develop.

post #51 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac512 View Post

So am I.

It's ok Apple, you kicked their ass, fine. Now back to work, don't waste your time and money anymore in court. Improve your products and OS and make what you are known for: research, invent and develop.

Why?

Has Samsung run out of ideas already.

btw, the overturning of a decision that would have cost Apple $650 million in an East Texas lawsuit and now being awarded over $1 Billion dollars in their last case, with the possibility of triple damages still to come, is hardly a waste of time or money.

post #52 of 326

Pretty soon Apple is just gonna sue phones as know it.

HP Omni 100-5100z, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM; ASUS Transformer, 16GB, Android 4.0 ICS
Although I no longer own Apple products like I did before, I'll continue to post my opinions.

HP Omni 100-5100z, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM; ASUS Transformer, 16GB, Android 4.0 ICS
Although I no longer own Apple products like I did before, I'll continue to post my opinions.

post #53 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

If this post isn't worthy of an instant ban, don't know what the hell on the internet is. Everyone needs to click the report button on that one. 

Oh wait, someone will come in to tell me he's just 'expressing an alternate opinion' and should be 'welcomed'. 

He's challenging your opinion. (>_<)

Actually, posters like this could be quite easily weeded out during the sign-up process if AppleInsider were to include a short IQ test.

Edited by GTR - 9/1/12 at 3:03am
Android: pitting every phone company in the world against one, getting a higher number, and considering it a major achievement.
Android: pitting every phone company in the world against one, getting a higher number, and considering it a major achievement.
post #54 of 326
Quote:

Why?

Has Samsung run out of ideas already.

Ok, I actually laughed out loud at that one!
"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance" - Steve Ballmer
"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance" - Steve Ballmer
post #55 of 326

Oh come on, Apple. Just let it rest now, already. I'm getting a bit tired of this all.

• Computer: MacBook CE unibody 2,4GHz
• iDevices: iPod nano 4G 8GB, iPhone 3GS 16GB
• Headphones: ATH-A900Ti, ATH-AD900, SE530 & SE210
• Search before you post!

• Computer: MacBook CE unibody 2,4GHz
• iDevices: iPod nano 4G 8GB, iPhone 3GS 16GB
• Headphones: ATH-A900Ti, ATH-AD900, SE530 & SE210
• Search before you post!

post #56 of 326
The US patent system is really broken and ridiculous !
I'm really happy to live in a country which won't accept such idiot patent.

Soon, there will be only one smartphone in the US .... Good for choice and liberty ! :-/

Apple didn't invent all these things !
My iPhone 4 will stay my last Apple smartphone. I'll go back to Nexus !
post #57 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt77 View Post

Oh come on, Apple. Just let it rest now, already. I'm getting a bit tired of this all.

Guess what poor little, hard done by Samsung has come up with now.

Not satisfied with their domination of the handset market, taking out established players like Nokia, RIM, SonyEricsson, Motorola, HTC on their relentless climb to world domination riding on the coattails of Apple's success, they have suddenly become the new kid on the block by branching into supplying network equipment.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-01/samsung-aims-to-be-among-top-3-phone-network-equipment-makers-on-4g-demand.html

http://www.zdnet.com/au/telstra-trialling-samsung-4g-network-equipment-7000003532/

I wonder if they'll be accused of installing back doors like Huawei, who I guess will be further deprived of a revenue stream to pay for development of Android handsets.

Samsung wants people to have choices, you'll be able to choose any Galaxy you want.

post #58 of 326
Quote:

Guess what poor little, hard done by Samsung has come up with now.

Not satisfied with their domination of the handset market, taking out established players like Nokia, RIM, SonyEricsson, Motorola, HTC on their relentless climb to world domination riding on the coattails of Apple's success, they have suddenly become the new kid on the block by branching into supplying network equipment.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-01/samsung-aims-to-be-among-top-3-phone-network-equipment-makers-on-4g-demand.html

http://www.zdnet.com/au/telstra-trialling-samsung-4g-network-equipment-7000003532/

I wonder if they'll be accused of installing back doors like Huawei, who I guess will be further deprived of a revenue stream to pay for development of Android handsets.

Samsung wants people to have choices, you'll be able to choose any Galaxy you want.

As Apple wants people to have choices, it is actually depends on the people what kind of phone they want for themselves.

post #59 of 326

As Apple wants people to have choices, it is actually depends on the people what kind of phone they want for themselves.

post #60 of 326

And this is the European Answer:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-wins-EISAs-Best-Mobile-Phone-2012-2013-award_id33362

The European Imaging and Sound Association, EISA, has crowned theSamsung Galaxy S III as the European Mobile Phone of 2012-2013 in its annual awards. The association sees the special features like S-Voice, Smart Stay and Direct Call, as well as the device's powerful hardware, as a powerful combination worthy of winning this prestigious award.

The other handset which has taken part in this gala-ceremony is the HTC One S. HTC's device has won the European Social Media Phone 2012-2013 award. Among the key features that have impressed the jury are the 'micro arc oxidation' technology used to treat the aluminum casing of the phone, AMOLED screen and 8MP camera.

Nokia's PureView Pro technology introduced with the 808 PureView was also recognized as the European Mobile Photo Achievement 2012-2013. A well-deserved award, we would say.

Do you, guys and gals, agree with these awards? Would you put some other handset/technology instead of those chosen by EISA?

source: EISA via SamMobile

post #61 of 326

Reading some of these replies, I fill like we have the ignorance of Fox News people reading here, cheering on Apple as if it were the GOP, and demonizing Google as if it were Obama.

post #62 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmushroom View Post

Reading some of these replies, I fill like we have the ignorance of Fox News people reading here, cheering on Apple as if it were the GOP, and demonizing Google as if it were Obama.

too political?

post #63 of 326

get a life!

post #64 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoadm View Post

1B may seem like a lot of money for Apple to win but the snail pace of court system means devices get banned just in time for Samsung to release another infringing device. 

Make an example of Samsung, while discouraging others. Other would-be infringers are thinking twice now. 

post #65 of 326

Ha ha lol what you posted is one of the concepts that samsung submitted at trial (1994 Fidler tablet concept) as prior art along with the 2001 a space odyssey tablet neither of which ever were a reality and the one in this article was created completely in a video and never was real not even a working prototype.  The Court threw out both of these as invalid arguments.  You should really follow the case more closely.  

I used a prada as well and I can tell you it was nothing like an iPhone at all.  It was super basic and had no Smart Phone functions.  It looked nothing like the iPhone 1.  and comparing a digital photo frame to an iPad is seriously flawed.  Also on the count of the original galaxy tab it was found not to infringe on the design patent by the jury.  All of these examples were brought up by samsung in court and were shot down.  Get some new arguments other than samsungs regurgitation that apple is trying to patent rounded corners and rectangles.

Just as an edit too the prada was introduced December 12, 2006, LG's official announcement was January 18, 2007.  The iPhone was officially announced on January 9, 2007 by Steve Jobs himself.  The video you show says that apple ripped off the prada.  Wow really that argument is ludicrous.  So apple designed and showed off the iPhone working version in 1 month?  They copied the prada in one month?  No the reality is that the iphone had been in development for years and just happened to coincide with the prada coming out from LG.  Also technically the iphone was officially introduced first.  Both phones went on sale within 1 month of each other.  The court found the prada argument very weak and threw it out.   The prada had super limited functionality as well.

Apple had working prototypes of the iphone  dubbed "Purple" which was dated August 2005, and the "Howarth" design from March 2006.  Also LG backed off there  accusations of infringment and never spoke another word about it because they too realized that both phones had been in design for years and both were designed apart from each other.  The only thing they had in common was they both used a capacitive touch screen.  The prada ran flash ui for its operating system.  The iphone apples own os which later was named iOS.  Oh and by the way cisco and apple settled there name problem with iOS as well.  Out of court, Apple approached cisco several times to license the iphone trademark, which cisco bought and used for voice over ip phones.  Both companies came to an amicable agreement over licensing and the issue was dropped.

Edited by Mechanic - 9/1/12 at 5:36am
post #66 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt77 View Post

Now imagine how tired you'd be if any of this actually affected you.

post #67 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Anyway... It's going to be quite interesting WHEN Apple's little sue-rage gets to the higher courts and these nonsensical 'patents' are invalidated.

DuhHarder, these patents won't get invalidated. If these were invalid patents, google would never have purchased Motorola as leverage.
post #68 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac512 View Post

So am I.

Unless, of course, Apple cannot ship the order they planned to introduced this September and have to buy more time.

Sharp claimed it can make whatever Samsung used to supply Apple with, but now we know it cannot and don't have enough money to keep the light on. Hon Hai also tried to head for the hills after it looked through Sharp's book. Sharp won't handed over the specs and IP, and Hon Hai cannot start production for Apple without it.

It is true after all, Apple is getting so big that it has a lot less choices for suppliers now. Cook does not have time to rebuild the intricate supply and logisitic Apple has with Samsung. The longer it takes, more customers will wander off the camp, never to return.

So what to do? Stall Samsung as long as it possiblity can. Stop the bleeding, keep Apple customers in the tent and not wandering off until the screen and whatever supply issues it has are sorted out.

Dye-in-the-wool Apple fans will reject my idea, Apple is too reliable and too trusting for them. But so was Bernie Madoff...

post #69 of 326

"Keep hitting them hard Apple! I've always wished for this to go thermonuclear! Apple shouldn't rest for a single moment! Keep them lawyers working 24-7-365, as there are plenty of copycats and rotten thieves out there left to sue.

And meanwhile, the propagandists will be hard at work, talking some nonsense about how this is bad for the consumer, some crap about having less options. Buying a stolen ripoff should not be an option, unless you are a slimy character who does not believe in IP rights. I say screw those kinds of consumers! 

And here's a special message for all Fandroids out there, I hope that the phone or tablet that you just bought ends up getting banned. You deserve it. Either way, your phone will be obsolete pretty soon, ban or no ban.lol.gif"

@ Apple ][ You're just pathetic!

post #70 of 326

This is getting really boring. The best way for the usa would be to simply ban any phone corp but apple inside U.S. market. Case solved.

"I invented the rectangle"  - Steve Jobs

"We Bomb you" - USA

"We Bomb you" - USA

post #71 of 326

I dont like it at all.  A lot of people love the samsung phones, a ban of samsung flagship phones is going to backfire in Apple face and may result in a world wide boycott of Apple products on top of giving Apple a very bad public image. It will also trigger anti-trust lawsuits.  Apple got there win in the US, they should try to settle with google directly and be done with this.

post #72 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I dont like it at all.  A lot of people love the samsung phones, a ban of samsung flagship phones is going to backfire in Apple face and may result in a world wide boycott of Apple products on top of giving Apple a very bad public image. It will also trigger anti-trust lawsuits.  Apple got there win in the US, they should try to settle with google directly and be done with this.

Interviewer: "Imagine if you find yourself in a building which caught fire and you are on the 11th floor? Will you try to save others? Will you take elevator to escape or by stairs?"

"I'll stop my imagination": said the interviewee

my way or the highway...

Macbook Pro i7 13" with intel SSD 320 series and 8GB RAM, iPhone 5, iPad 3 (Retina)

my way or the highway...

Macbook Pro i7 13" with intel SSD 320 series and 8GB RAM, iPhone 5, iPad 3 (Retina)

post #73 of 326
Quote:

Before you were entertaining. Now you are just wrong. The issue with the low level drivers had nothing to do with your perceived screen lag. The devices themselves aren't slow. It's the lack of low level access to hardware.

post #74 of 326

@cutykamu

Can you translate Cantonese or Mandarin blogs, gaugaing their opinions on this Apple lawsuits over there, and post a couple of them on AI while you are there? Hong Kong, Singapore, Mainland or whatever.

post #75 of 326

Hypothetically speaking, If all the smartphone makers stopped making smartphones, citing Apple's litigiousness, that would leave Apple with a monopoly.  Would it then be Apple vs US government?

post #76 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

And who goads Apple board to keep at this, and why? I am confused sometimes who does what on Apple Board and how the decision was made after Jobs.

post #77 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Hypothetically speaking, If all the smartphone makers stopped making smartphones, citing Apple's litigiousness, that would leave Apple with a monopoly.  Would it then be Apple vs US government?

Yes.

Microsoft got that when Netscape died if I remember it right.

post #78 of 326
Well this just helped me to finally decide to ditch the iPhone and get the galaxy s3. Apple is a big bully and I don't want to support this sort of thing.
{2010 Mac Pro-6 core 3.33-12gb 1333 ram-ati5870-velociraptor 600's-SL/win7/64-Konnekt Live/Onkyo-Dell3007wfp}
{2008 Mac Pro-8 core 3.2's-16GB-evga285} {MBP17}{ipad}{iphone 4 blk16gb}
{2010 Mac Pro-6 core 3.33-12gb 1333 ram-ati5870-velociraptor 600's-SL/win7/64-Konnekt Live/Onkyo-Dell3007wfp}
{2008 Mac Pro-8 core 3.2's-16GB-evga285} {MBP17}{ipad}{iphone 4 blk16gb}
post #79 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

Yes.

Microsoft got that when Netscape died if I remember it right.

Hmm, why are you so sure?

From Bloomberg

Quote:
It’s not even enough to argue that a company with a monopoly is using its position unfairly. It has to be proven that consumers or the marketplace as a whole are being harmed by that behavior, either through higher prices, reduced choice, or both.

Edited by mocseg - 9/1/12 at 7:06am

"We Bomb you" - USA

"We Bomb you" - USA

post #80 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo63 View Post

Search maybe. Universal Search no.

I am an Apple guy, and I support any company's decision to protect their designs and IP. That said, I am getting awfully tired of this. Ugh.

Statements like this amuse me. "I'm an Apple fan, but they are wrong about this." What an unbiased person. But let's leave that alone for now.  Apple has a fiduciary responsibility to do what's in the best interested for the company. Apple doesn't and shouldn't care if you are "tired" of this. It would be like you having a financial planner following your instructions to liquidate all of your money a known ponzi scheme.

Apple has to send a clear message to these other companies that it is not acceptable to let Apple spend years and millions(perhaps billions) of dollars or R&D and, frankly, taking all the risk, merely for other companies to fast follow. I suspect Apple has other tech coming and wants to stop this today.

Personally, I don't see how, Apple guy or not, you could be tired of this. You don't have to read the articles or follow this. Apple's pace of development hasn't slowed down. In fact, if the iPad mini stories are true, it has increased. It doesn't directly affect you, so what's the big deal? 

In addition, I don't see how any one who actually creates something could be against anyone protecting their IP. I write software and as a developer, this would annoy me. As a musician if they would like it if another band started playing their music, a painter if their art was copied by other artist.  Producers care about such things as it directly affects their livelihoods. Consumers not so much.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint