or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint - Page 3

post #81 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocseg View Post


Hmm, why are you so sure?

It's just how government behaves. The wild card for Apple would be that this is an election year. Neither Romney nor Obama will want to get on Samsung's side and appear to be against the interest of an American company. So Apple vs. Samsung, along with Fiscal Cliff, may have to wait after the Inauguration.

 

Still, anyone remembered what triggered Department of Justice to attack, convinced them that 'Gosh, Microsoft is really going for it'?

post #82 of 326

You do have to be a bit careful when making claims about competing devices, you might not get the reaction you expect.

 

post #83 of 326

it says on wiki that android 1st developed 2005 and the 1st iphone came out in 2007

 

 

so looks like apple was the theives .

 

quotes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

 

The first iPhone was unveiled by Steve Jobs, late CEO of Apple, on January 9, 2007,[1] and released on June 29, 2007

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

 

Google financially backed the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., and later purchased it in 2005.[8] The unveiling of the Android distribution in 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance

 

ive had all the iphones and about 5 android phones ,and id rather have the freedom i have with my samsung galaxy s3 than be forced by apple how to have my phone any day .

 

 

i rest my case .

post #84 of 326
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post
it says on wiki that android 1st developed 2005 and the 1st iphone came out in 2007

so looks like apple was the theives .

i rest my case .

 

*Gavel bang*

 

Guilty. Of refusal to actually read anything.


Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post
You do have to be a bit careful when making claims about competing devices, you might not get the reaction you expect.

 

 

I realize this is fake, but that's certainly the best way to advertise… lie about what Apple said.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #85 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuJu View Post

 

At least you are being honest.

It is not about patents or some other shjte... it is about protectionism, and even more so, about teaching those Asians who dare to outcompete white Americans a lesson!

 

Similar, that vile xenophobe Velvin Hogan was surprisingly honest in his interviews -- twice that worthless old fukk said in an angry voice (senile anger?) "in this country" and he was clear that it never was about economic damages but about teaching Korea a lesson.  

 

Protectionism? Outcompete? Those words don't apply here. Protecting intellectual property isn't protectionism. Shoveling cheep knockoff products onto the market isn't competing, it's flooding the market with counterfeits. (And, even though you didn't mention it, releasing cheap knockoffs of other people's technology isn't innovation.)

 

However, there are a number of similarities between Apple v. Samsung and Dupont v Kolon:

 

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuPont_v._Kolon_Industries

 

So, let's throw "political correctness" on the rubbish heap and get right to the point. Economically successful Asian countries are so because they have adopted (and to be fair, in many cases refined) a number of practices that originated in the West. In fact, our entire modern world is founded on scientific and economic advances that wouldn't have been possible without the advances in thought and culture brought about by what we now call Western Civilization. (Which is not to say that they would never have existed otherwise, just that they were necessary to get to where we are today, and that it was, specifically, the West where these changes came about.) Which is not to say that their is nothing of value in Asian culture, the facts are quite to the contrary, but modern science, technology and economic systems, which define the modern world, are Western inventions, inventions of a game that everyone is invited to play.

 

And it's a game that works beautifully as long as everyone plays by the rules. The problem with games, however, is that, if you don't get caught and penalized, cheating will usually allow you to do better than those who stick to the rules. We have our own problem in the West with cheaters, cheating is nothing new in this game. (Google is one of the most egregious cheaters in modern times.) But, it's an undeniable fact that cheating is rampant in many Asian countries, particularly in the practice on not respecting rules that apply to intellectual property. You can rail on that these accusations are evidence of bias, prejudice, whatever you want to call it, but the facts very simply are that intellectual property theft (among other offenses, such as currency manipulation as practiced, for example by China) is commonplace in many Asian countries. In other words, Asia is cheating in the game.

 

South Korea, however, is a special case. South Korea wouldn't even exist today were it not for Western intervention. South Korea wouldn't even exist today if it weren't propped up by U.S. taxpayer dollars for the past 60 years. So, perhaps you can understand that South Korean intellectual property piracy, at the expense of U.S. companies, is particularly offensive to anyone in the U.S. who isn't attempting to keep up a pretense that everyone is equally good. It's a slap in the face to U.S. taxpayers, whose money built South Korea, to watch South Korean companies steal from us. It's a betrayal from a people who would be working in labor camps if we hadn't saved their asses and poured billions of dollars into their economy over the years.

 

So, yes, South Korea, and in particular South Korean companies like Samsung and Kolon, do need to be taught a lesson. The lesson that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. The lesson that cheating won't be allowed at our expense when you are feeding at the trough of U.S. taxpayer dollars and our military is defending your borders, and our soldiers have died for your freedom.

 

If South Korean companies actually had any honor, rather than just maintaining a facade of honor hiding a complete lack of morals, there wouldn't be these issues. You can be as angry as you damn please that South Korean companies are being called out for cheating, for stabbing U.S. companies in particular in the back, but only denying the truth of the situation, turning your back completely on any real honor, engaging in rank hypocrisy, will allow you to pretend to be the injured party in this affair. So, rant on, if you like, but you won't find many sympathetic ears in the U.S., just a lot of entirely justifiable anger.

post #86 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

*Gavel bang*

Guilty. Of refusal to actually read anything.

I can't believe someone who can sign up and post on an internet forum can so void of thinking rationally to believe the crap he wrote so I have to conclude that he must be trolling. I don't understand why such people just aren't banned for trolling from the start.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #87 of 326

reading abit more into the history of android looks like the company was founded in 2003 then brought by google in 2005 .

 

Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California, United States in October 2003 by Andy Rubin (co-founder of Danger)

 

 

 

Google acquired Android Inc. on August 17, 2005, making Android Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Google

 

 

so i would of thought patents would have been setup between those dates ,way before apple started the iphone .

 

 

 

to be honest i dont think samsung is all to blame its the licencing office and patent offices should have said this cant be done as apple own these and also , if apple do own the tech/os before sammy then google have alot to anwser for.

post #88 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Emperor View Post

Statements like this amuse me. "I'm an Apple fan, but they are wrong about this." What an unbiased person. But let's leave that alone for now.  Apple has a fiduciary responsibility to do what's in the best interested for the company. Apple doesn't and shouldn't care if you are "tired" of this. It would be like you having a financial planner following your instructions to liquidate all of your money a known ponzi scheme.

Apple has to send a clear message to these other companies that it is not acceptable to let Apple spend years and millions(perhaps billions) of dollars or R&D and, frankly, taking all the risk, merely for other companies to fast follow. I suspect Apple has other tech coming and wants to stop this today.


Personally, I don't see how, Apple guy or not, you could be tired of this. You don't have to read the articles or follow this. Apple's pace of development hasn't slowed down. In fact, if the iPad mini stories are true, it has increased. It doesn't directly affect you, so what's the big deal? 

In addition, I don't see how any one who actually creates something could be against anyone protecting their IP. I write software and as a developer, this would annoy me. As a musician if they would like it if another band started playing their music, a painter if their art was copied by other artist.  Producers care about such things as it directly affects their livelihoods. Consumers not so much.

But artists do copy, or we wouldn't have genres or a definable art forms.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #89 of 326
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
I can't believe someone who can sign up and post on an internet forum can so void of thinking rationally to believe the crap he wrote so I have to conclude that he must be trolling. I don't understand why such people just aren't banned for trolling from the start.

 

Neither do I.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #90 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

*Gavel bang*

Guilty. Of refusal to actually read anything.

I realize this is fake, but that's certainly the best way to advertise… lie about what Apple said.

You just can't ignore the babblings of an FNT, can you? Lol
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #91 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I can't believe someone who can sign up and post on an internet forum can so void of thinking rationally to believe the crap he wrote so I have to conclude that he must be trolling. I don't understand why such people just aren't banned for trolling from the start.

Seems like there's been a rash of that since June. Did AI get mentioned in some troll infested site?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #92 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Neither do I.

But you make matters worse by justifying their existence with a reply.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #93 of 326
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
You just can't ignore the babblings of an FNT, can you? Lol

 

 

 

"The pitter-patter of FNTs,

we should give them all a punt!"

 

*piano riff*

 

"There's no limitation,

to how much they're trollin',

They treat an argument as if

they were bowlin',

I wish they'd take away the gutter guards,

I hope that somethin' better comes along!"

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #94 of 326
Apple has officially Jumped the Shark. 1oyvey.gif
Fragmentation is not just something we have to acknowledge and accept. Fragmentation is something that we deal with every day, and we must accept it as a fact of the iPhone platform experience.

Ste...
Reply
Fragmentation is not just something we have to acknowledge and accept. Fragmentation is something that we deal with every day, and we must accept it as a fact of the iPhone platform experience.

Ste...
Reply
post #95 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Seems like there's been a rash of that since June. Did AI get mentioned in some troll infested site?

For better or worse, there is a rush whenever Apple's mindshare grows. Especially if it grows considerably in a short time frame, like with a new product being announced.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #96 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanl View Post

Before you were entertaining. Now you are just wrong. The issue with the low level drivers had nothing to do with your perceived screen lag. The devices themselves aren't slow. It's the lack of low level access to hardware.

 

Such as the rendering of the screen?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #97 of 326

looks like there may be other companys that have infringed on google patents.

 

17,000 patents is alot to own and i would bet apple has infringed in some way or another.

 

apple arnt whiter than white .

 

and i own apple products( ipod touch, ipad ,ipod nano used as a watch)

 

 

from wiki

 

Google has publicly expressed its dislike for the current patent landscape in the United States, accusing Apple, Oracle and Microsoft of trying to take down Android through patent litigation, rather than innovating and competing with better products and services.[143] In August 2011, Google started the process of purchasing Motorola Mobility for US$12.5 billion, which was viewed in part as a defensive measure to protect Android, since Motorola Mobility holds more than 17,000 patents.[144] In December 2011 Google bought over a thousand patents from IBM.[145]

post #98 of 326
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post
from wiki

 

Could you please stop quoting Wikipedia until you understand what you're quoting?


and i own apple products( ipod touch, ipad ,ipod nano used as a watch)

 

OH WELL THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. lol.gif

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #99 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgman View Post

Well this just helped me to finally decide to ditch the iPhone and get the galaxy s3. Apple is a big bully and I don't want to support this sort of thing.
Yeah! Yeah! As I've never owned an iPhone, or any mobile phone for that matter, ...no more Apple-branded fridge and dishwasher for me...ever! That'll teach the buggers...! And if they carry on with that nonsense, I'll buy my first iPhone at Samsung! ...I heard they've got a beautiful Samsung store across from the copycat Apple Store in Sydney, Australia. If I ever cross the Rubicon...Apple, you can bet the last quid of my Sponsor's PR budget, I'll never lay a bob on your cheap knock-off iPhone, ...even if I have to stop by a court of law on my way to my therapy.

Wow...that feels good I tell ya...! I think I'll skip my therapy for this week...
post #100 of 326

i will quote wiki

 

 

as it shows people that im not making this all up .

 

 

 

and yes i do know what im talking about ,as ive have about 8 apple products and about the same on android.

post #101 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berp View Post

Yeah! Yeah! As I've never owned an iPhone, or any mobile phone for that matter, ...no more Apple-branded fridge and dishwasher for me...ever! That'll teach the buggers...! And if they carry on with that nonsense, I'll buy my first iPhone at Samsung! ...I heard they've got a beautiful Samsung store across from the copycat Apple Store in Sydney, Australia. If I ever cross the Rubicon...Apple, you can bet the last quid of my Sponsor's PR budget, I'll never lay a bob on your cheap knock-off iPhone, ...even if I have to stop by a court of law on my way to my therapy.
Wow...that feels good I tell ya...! I think I'll skip my therapy for this week...

 here here , in all this bully tactics im tempted to sell my ipad 3 and get a samsung galaxy tab 2 and sell my ipods .

post #102 of 326
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

i will quote wiki as it shows people that I'm not making this all up .

 

That's debatable.

 

and yes i do know what im talking about ,as ive have about 8 apple products and about the same on android.

 

Sorry, that… was a joke… 

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #103 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

looks like there may be other companys that have infringed on google patents.

17,000 patents is alot to own and i would bet apple has infringed in some way or another.

apple arnt whiter than white .

and i own apple products( ipod touch, ipad ,ipod nano used as a watch)


from wiki

Google has publicly expressed its dislike for the current patent landscape in the United States, accusing Apple, Oracle and Microsoft of trying to take down Android through patent litigation, rather than innovating and competing with better products and services.[143] In August 2011, Google started the process of purchasing Motorola Mobility for US$12.5 billion, which was viewed in part as a defensive measure to protect Android, since Motorola Mobility holds more than 17,000 patents.[144] In December 2011 Google bought over a thousand patents from IBM.[145]

And how many of those 17,000 patents are either expired or FRAND?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #104 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


And how many of those 17,000 patents are either expired or FRAND?

same could be said about apple , who knows none of us.

post #105 of 326
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post
same could be said about apple , who knows none of us.

 

… All of us know. Or can know. If we actually read.

 

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #106 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post




"The pitter-patter of FNTs,
we should give them all a punt!"

*piano riff*

"There's no limitation,
to how much they're trollin',
They treat an argument as if
they were bowlin',
I wish they'd take away the gutter guards,
I hope that somethin' better comes along!"

You have WAY too much time on your hands lol
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #107 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

same could be said about apple , who knows none of us.

Well let's see, Motorola has been making cell phones since 1983 and Apple since 2007. I would venture to guess Apple's iPhone patents still have a ways to go before they expire especially since they're still being awarded patents they filed for in 2006–2007.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #108 of 326

I think Apple is receiving allot of negativity and hate from everyone and his dog since these cases started, this is not good for Apple

post #109 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

… All of us know. Or can know. If we actually read.

 

oh i forgot you work for apple and google and know everything about both companys inside top secret stuff .

 

next thing you be saying is you have an iphone 5 and a samsung s4.

post #110 of 326

This is what is meant by "thermonuclear."

 

It involves a process. These things don't happen overnight. 

post #111 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Well let's see, Motorola has been making cell phones since 1983 and Apple since 2007. I would venture to guess Apple's iPhone patents still have a ways to go before they expire especially since they're still being awarded patents they filed for in 2006–2007.

then if motorola been at it that long and put that much time and investment in ,im sure there not dumb enough to let things they would be using all the time or selling to other companys would let things slip and expire .

 

 

motorola and your little back street company they have alot of investors .

post #112 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markussd View Post

I think Apple is receiving allot of negativity and hate from everyone and his dog since these cases started, this is not good for Apple

i agree with you this can only make things worse for apple long term.

post #113 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markussd View Post

I think Apple is receiving allot of negativity and hate from everyone and his dog since these cases started, this is not good for Apple

 

From who?

 

Tech nerds on the ass-end of the web?

 

CONSUMERS count. And Apple has them firmly in their camp. It's all about Apple gear. Demand is sky-high. Joe Average doesn't give a sweet damn about patent litigation, LOL. Or whether Apple is "nice" to the competition. Why should ANY consumer care about what Apple and Samsung are arguing about? Who has the inclination for that? 

 

Not even negative news about working conditions in China deterred consumers. And that news was as pervasive as anything for at least 2-3 years. Not even antenna-gate deterred consumers. Apple sold 17 million iPads (excuse me, "giant iPod Touches", as others would dismiss them) at over $400 a pop last quarter. 17 MILLION in a single quarter. Yeah, of THAT "iToy" (apparently.) A lot of "innocent" and sweet Android OEM's can't even move a friggin' fraction of that in an entire year (and smartphones, not even tablets - that people apparently don't need or want), never mind in a single quarter. 

 

Get real. Some of you really need to get out of your tech-soaked heads and put yourselves in the shoes of the everyday consumer. It's all about the PRODUCT, not the company's intellectual property court briefings. 


Edited by Quadra 610 - 9/1/12 at 8:35am
post #114 of 326
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post
oh i forgot you work for apple and google and know everything about both companys inside top secret stuff .

 

No… I can just read


 next thing you be saying is you have an iPhone 5…

 

Why would I buy an iPhone 4S when the 6th iPhone is 21 days away?

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #115 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

 

From who?

 

Tech nerds on the ass-end of the web?

 

CONSUMERS count. And Apple has them firmly in their camp. It's all about Apple gear. Demand is sky-high. Joe Average doesn't give a sweet damn about patent litigation, LOL. Or whether Apple is "nice" to the competition. Why should ANY consumer care about what Apple and Samsung are arguing about? Who has the inclination for that? 

 

Not even negative news about working conditions in China deterred consumers. And that news was as pervasive as anything for at least 2-3 years. Not even antenna-gate deterred consumers. 

 

Get real. Some of you really need to get out of your tech-soaked heads and put yourselves in the shoes of the everyday consumer. It's all about the PRODUCT, not the company's intellectual property court briefings. 

if people happy what apple are doing then there wouldnt be stuff in the papers with headlines like :Samsung: Apple is trying to limit consumer choice.

 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9514137/Samsung-Apple-is-trying-to-limit-consumer-choice.html

post #116 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

then if motorola been at it that long and put that much time and investment in ,im sure there not dumb enough to let things they would be using all the time or selling to other companys would let things slip and expire .


motorola and your little back street company they have alot of investors .

No patent lasts forever. Why do you think companies like Coca-Cola and KFC have never patented their recipes? Because after so many years the competition would be allowed to use it.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #117 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

No… I can just read

 

Why would I buy an iPhone 4S when the 6th iPhone is 21 days away?

iphone 6 in 21 days , yeah i guess you can read , and as they say dont believe everything you read on the internet.

 

 

oh that was a joke , forgive me if i dont laugh.

post #118 of 326
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post
oh that was a joke , forgive me if i dont laugh.

 

You have to have some substance to your argument before you can make jokes.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #119 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


No patent lasts forever. Why do you think companies like Coca-Cola and KFC have never patented their recipes? Because after so many years the competition would be allowed to use it.

i thought coke and kfc recipes was top secret, and employees are bound to keep these secrets.

 

 

 

let me know when you find the recipes for kfc , love that stuff.

post #120 of 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminjayz View Post

if people happy what apple are doing then there wouldnt be stuff in the papers with headlines like :Samsung: Apple is trying to limit consumer choice.

 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9514137/Samsung-Apple-is-trying-to-limit-consumer-choice.html

 

Tech media does not = the market. 

 

The bulk of the market doesn't even visit tech sites to read tech news. 

 

No one really gives a shit about the "consumer choice" argument, when everyone's got Apple gear at the top of their Christmas list. Folks walk into a store, they see devices from several different manufacturers. That is beginning and the end of the "consumer choice" they actually care about.

 

We've been hearing all this baloney about negative press about Apple for years now, and yet every quarter consumer keep opening their wallets. Watch the results of this Christmas quarter. It'll be insane. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to amended 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint