or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Matte Back Panel on a 6th-gen iPhone Prototype… Turned ON.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Matte Back Panel on a 6th-gen iPhone Prototype… Turned ON.

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=24209

 

What do we think? Sort of hard to fake, eh? But on modern iDevices, you don't see that "connect to iTunes" logo unless the device is in DFU mode. But why would a guy with an actual prototype put it in DFU? Can Apple wipe prototypes down to DFU mode?


Thoughts?

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #2 of 6

I like the new back, the fact that he turned it on is insane. I just think that prototypes come in DFU. Not sure, maybe Steve Troughton Smith might know, he got an iPod touch 4G prototype.

 

 


Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

 

Reply

 

 


Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

 

Reply
post #3 of 6

I don't like it in the pics.  But then, I didn't like the look of the iPhone4 in pics either, but I loved it when I had it in my hand.  So ...

 

I'm very curious as to what will happen, honestly.

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil 
What do we think? Sort of hard to fake, eh?

The hardware would be difficult to mockup but the screen is faked. You can see the icons wobbling about. Plus there is no change in brightness of the main part of the screen. That would only happen if it was OLED. It looks like a transparent set of icons tracked to the phone shake but they haven't been skewed properly.

If you need to see Flash movies bigger, just hit command+ and the movies zoom right up and you can see defects. Harder at 360p obviously but that's why fakers upload 360p.
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Plus there is no change in brightness of the main part of the screen.

 

Gah! I agreed about it being fake earlier, but I can't believe I didn't notice that!


That would only happen if it was OLED.

 

Oh, boy. Here come the Samsung screen rumors… lol.gif

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post


The hardware would be difficult to mockup but the screen is faked. You can see the icons wobbling about. Plus there is no change in brightness of the main part of the screen. That would only happen if it was OLED. It looks like a transparent set of icons tracked to the phone shake but they haven't been skewed properly.
If you need to see Flash movies bigger, just hit command+ and the movies zoom right up and you can see defects. Harder at 360p obviously but that's why fakers upload 360p.

Yes. Definitely fakes. It throws the veracity of the whole video into question. Not particularly well done either.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Matte Back Panel on a 6th-gen iPhone Prototype… Turned ON.