or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › In Colour: The 2012 DNC.

In Colour: The 2012 DNC.

post #1 of 59

With the GOP's worst ever poll boost for a convention, that was packed with liars and lies, now well and truly forgotten already, because it was so boring, the Dems have their turn to reach out to the American people, of all colours, and tonight first lady Michelle Obama will be up on stage kicking things off the way only she can. 

Please post your thoughts and links here on what I'm sure will be an interesting, entertaining, lively and inclusive convention. 

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #2 of 59

My thoughts are that you are employed by the Obama re-election campaign.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #3 of 59

It will certainly be entertaining.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #4 of 59

I expect lies with a dash of blame.

post #5 of 59

I hope Biden speaks. I'd go out of my way to watch that.

post #6 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

My thoughts are that you are employed by the Obama re-election campaign.

Says the Romney voter! 

Just to clarify for you one more time. I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA!

Got that, Romney voter?

post #7 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Says the Romney voter! 

Just to clarify for you one more time. I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA!

Got that, Romney voter?

What makes you claim I'm a Romney voter? I've never voted for him. I doubt I will now.

All of that is really besides the point. I've campaigned for him as you are for Obama and that was my accusation of you, regardless of your voting plans.

post #8 of 59

post #9 of 59

lol.gif

As I said...employed by the Obama re-election campaign.

post #10 of 59
Quote:

What makes you claim I'm a Romney voter? I've never voted for him. I doubt I will now.

All of that is really besides the point. I've campaigned for him as you are for Obama and that was my accusation of you, regardless of your voting plans.

I haven't "campaigned" for Obama. I've argued both for and against Obama here. Posting here does not constitute campaigning. You jazz, SDW or KingsofsomewherewithGW are not about to be converted to vote for Obama and there aren't that many other people who ever read PO.

Besides, you post this same response each week nearly. It seems you're obsessed by it. 

post #11 of 59
Quote:

lol.gif

As I said...employed by the Obama re-election campaign.

You're right, you did say that already in this thread. You've said it in a lot of other threads many many many times too. lol.gif

post #12 of 59
Quote:

I haven't "campaigned" for Obama. I've argued both for and against Obama here. Posting here does not constitute campaigning.

When you're posting actual content (and general talking points) directly from Obama's campaign...you'r campaigning.

Quote:

Besides, you post this same response each week nearly. It seems you're obsessed by it. 

Because you keep doing it.

post #13 of 59

I expect the convention to focus on genocide. Between the focus on gay marriage which cannot produce off-spring without the aid of science and the party plank calling for full funding of late term abortions without prosecution of doctors who do not assist babies who are born alive after the abortion procedure, then soon tho whole human race will literally have consumed it's seed corn in terms of off-spring.

I can't blame them because who would want to have kids to leave trillion dollar a year debts to anyway?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #14 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I hope Biden speaks. I'd go out of my way to watch that.

He sees chained people.

post #15 of 59

Saw on TV this morning a scene from the DNC meeting... my wife remarked on how different it looked form the RNC: there was color, just like in the pan shots from any news piece on the US.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #16 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Saw on TV this morning a scene from the DNC meeting... my wife remarked on how different it looked form the RNC.  There was color.

Still peddling that racist Republican meme are we?

Edited by MJ1970 - 9/4/12 at 3:51pm

post #17 of 59
rs Quote:

Saw on TV this morning a scene from the DNC meeting... my wife remarked on how different it looked form the RNC: there was color, just like in the pan shots from any news piece on the US.

You appear not to understand that the networks actually avoid showing the Republican speakers and audience members who are non-white in their coverage. It isn't good for their narrative to show facts that contradict it.

They conveniently forgor to cover, show or cut to commercials for speakers like Artur Davis, Marco Rubio, Mia Love, Condoleezza Rice, Susana Martinez, Luis Fortuno, Ted Cruz and Nimrata “Nikki” Haley as an example.

Also don't forget, it's east to be inclusive when you have folks like Elizabeth Warren who claim ethnic identities they don't actually have either. Let's not forget they will have "American's First Black President" Bill Clinton speaking as well.

post #18 of 59
Quote:

The room is full of colour. Aren't you glad about that?

Imagine if the Dems were only as racially mixed as the Repubs. It would be terrible.

post #19 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You appear not to understand that the networks actually avoid showing the Republican speakers and audience members who are non-white in their coverage. It isn't good for their narrative to show facts that contradict it.

They conveniently forgor to cover, show or cut to commercials for speakers like Artur Davis, Marco Rubio, Mia Love, Condoleezza Rice, Susana Martinez, Luis Fortuno, Ted Cruz and Nimrata “Nikki” Haley as an example.

Also don't forget, it's east to be inclusive when you have folks like Elizabeth Warren who claim ethnic identities they don't actually have either. Let's not forget they will have "American's First Black President" Bill Clinton speaking as well.

This is what your convention looked like- 

post #20 of 59
Quote:

With the GOP's worst ever poll boost for a convention, 

We'll see how the Dems do.  The GOP got a pretty good bounce.  The theory is that the days of 17% bounces are over as there are fewer undecided voters and more info available before the convention.   

Quote:
that was packed with liars and lies,

That's nothing but a Dem talking point.  There were no "lies," and that includes the bullshit talking point on the GM plant closure.  What Ryan said was absolutely accurate.   

Quote:
now well and truly forgotten already, because it was so boring,

I've heard a lot of analysis on the RNC, but even the loons at MSNBC didn't call it "boring."  

Quote:

the Dems have their turn to reach out to the American people, of all colours, and tonight first lady Michelle Obama will be up on stage kicking things off the way only she can. 

Please post your thoughts and links here on what I'm sure will be an interesting, entertaining, lively and inclusive convention. 

Yes, unlike the GOP, who only put up Susanna Martinez, Condoleeza Rice, Arthur Davis (who second Obama's nomination in 2008) and Marco Rubio.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #21 of 59
Quote:

I really don't care.

Quote:

Imagine if the Dems were only as racially mixed as the Repubs. It would be terrible.

post #22 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

We'll see how the Dems do.  The GOP got a pretty good bounce.  The theory is that the days of 17% bounces are over as there are fewer undecided voters and more info available before the convention.   

That's nothing but a Dem talking point.  There were no "lies," and that includes the bullshit talking point on the GM plant closure.  What Ryan said was absolutely accurate.   

I've heard a lot of analysis on the RNC, but even the loons at MSNBC didn't call it "boring."  

Yes, unlike the GOP, who only put up Susanna Martinez, Condoleeza Rice, Arthur Davis (who second Obama's nomination in 2008) and Marco Rubio.  

There was no bounce at all-

"Despite a week of high-profile speeches and events designed to introduce Americans to the Republican presidential nominee, a new tracking poll from Gallup suggests that Mitt Romney received no bump in the polls as a result of the Republican National Convention.

The survey, which polled voters between August 31 and September 3, showed Romney with 46 percent support, while President Obama earned 47 percent support.

In Gallup's pre-convention tracking poll, conducted from August 24-27, Mr. Obama was at 46 percent support and Romney was at 47 percent. Both results are within the poll's margin of error, which is +/- three percent.

According to the survey, the lack of a bounce is "consistent with Gallup's immediate post-GOP convention reaction poll, showing Americans giving Romney's acceptance speech, and the convention more generally, rather muted ratings."

Moreover, Gallup's seven-day average of presidential preferences shows that Mr. Obama has held steady at 47 percent to Romney's 46 percent every day since August 29."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57505852-503544/gallup-no-bounce-for-romney-post-gop-convention/

"PPP's newest Florida poll, conducted completely after the Republican convention, finds no change in the Presidential race there. Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney 48-47, exactly as he did on our last poll of the state five weeks ago."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014216805

post #23 of 59

Is the OP even American? If you're not, then you don't even get a vote in the matter. In America, it's spelled color, not colour.

post #24 of 59
Quote:

I really don't care.

You don't care that America's political parties are not just supported and run by whites? Wow. 

post #25 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Is the OP even American? If you're not, then you don't even get a vote in the matter. In America, it's spelled color, not colour.

Dual nationality, including US. I'm in the UK so it's easier to use real English.

post #26 of 59
Quote:

You don't care that America's political parties are not just supported and run by whites? Wow. 

No, I really don't.

First, race doesn't matter as much to me as it apparently does to you.

Second, what I'm looking for in an political leader is to look past race (which you and Berger seem unable to do) and look at the people of this country as Americans (and not as subjects BTW). And for that leader to champion the basic rights of life, liberty and property of everyone. You (and Berger) on the other hand seem to be caught up in superficialities of how much "color" there is in the skin of people at one event or another. I don't really give a shit about that.

What I want to see is party (and candidate) that will champion freedom not pander to special interests (no matter how those special interests might be defined or composed...e.g., skin color, genitals, sexual preferences, income levels, etc.)

Edited by MJ1970 - 9/4/12 at 7:53pm

post #27 of 59
Quote:

Dual nationality, including US. I'm in the UK so it's easier to use real English.

I believe that Obama returning the Churchill bust, along with his other actions gives a pretty good clue into his state of his mind. The dude has issues.

post #28 of 59
Quote:

The room also had something like 486 gays and lesbians.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-09-05/at-democratic-convention-record-presence-for-gays

Compare that to the Republican convention which passed a strict measure against gay marriage while claiming to represent the land of the free.

Edited by Bergermeister - 9/5/12 at 1:17am

post #29 of 59

Had a look at parts of Michelle's speech.  Focused for now on the crowd; it was very diverse, especially in the wide angle shots.

Would love to see if somebody has actually tried to tally who showed up for each event.

Edited by Bergermeister - 9/5/12 at 3:35am

post #30 of 59

The Republican Convention had mostly whites not hardly any minorities like the Democrats.You can see where there bread is buttered now.

post #31 of 59
Quote:

Quote:

The room also had something like 486 gays and lesbians.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-09-05/at-democratic-convention-record-presence-for-gays

Compare that to the Republican convention which passed a strict measure against gay marriage while claiming to represent the land of the free.

How does that mean there were no gay and lesbian Americans at the Republican convention?

Quote:

Had a look at parts of Michelle's speech.  Focused for now on the crowd; it was very diverse, especially in the wide angle shots.

Would love to see if somebody has actually tried to tally who showed up for each event.

Diverse should include white males and religion which the Democrats have omitted and chased off from their party.

Too bad none of these diverse folks, no matter the party can seem to find jobs under the Obama economy. In that regard he has brought about pure equality. Everyone is equally miserable.

post #32 of 59

Democrats 2012: You have no jobs and no money, but we want you to know you can have a free late-term abortion and we don't care who puts their dick up your ass because we aren't a bunch of extremists.

That sure sounds like it will get the economy moving in the next four years.

Obama's next stimulus plan is.... gay marriage and abortion on demand.....because it is those damn Republicans who are concerned about social issues.

post #33 of 59

To use a phrase that Hands is quite fond of: Denialist Democrats

post #34 of 59

Whatever you think of the Democrats you can't fault them on the power of their speeches. From Cory Booker and Julian Castro to Kerry and Clinton and of course Biden and Obama, all amazing. One of the best speeches I have ever seen was by Michelle Obama. That was on another level. A woman like that should seriously consider running for POTUS some day. Wouldn't that be something?

post #35 of 59

In summary:

DNC in 2008: Yes we can!
DNC in 2012: Nobody else could have either.

post #36 of 59

Looks like those incredible speeches at the DNC have already resulted in a huge bounce for Obama. His job approval has shot up to 52%- http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

post #37 of 59
Quote:

Looks like those incredible speeches at the DNC have already resulted in a huge bounce for Obama. His job approval has shot up to 52%- http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

Talk about fake. Those speeches were nothing more than feel good exercises, with as much substance as "the shadow of a pigeon that has just starved to death". 

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #38 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Talk about fake. Those speeches were nothing more than feel good exercises, with as much substance as "the shadow of a pigeon that has just starved to death". 

They effectively squashed the lies that have been coming from the Repubs. There was a lot of very fine speaking too, especially from the very glamorous Michelle Obama. She truly soared. 

Biden was thoughtful and focused. I defy anyone here to watch that and not think, "Wow, that's class".

Clinton mixed humour with cold hard facts and basic truths we can all identify with. 

Obama was grounded, rounded and presidential. He marked his territory as being the one with the experience of making the big decisions as president. One's like saving the auto industry, improving healthcare and carrying out America's promise to track down Bin Laden. He also, and I thought this was his real triumph, appeared humble. 

post #39 of 59
Quote:

They effectively squashed the lies that have been coming from the Repubs.

They countered the Republican lies with their own lies? :rolleyes:

Quote:

There was a lot of very fine speaking too, especially from the very glamorous Michelle Obama. She truly soared. 

Biden was thoughtful and focused. I defy anyone here to watch that and not think, "Wow, that's class".

Clinton mixed humour with cold hard facts and basic truths we can all identify with. 

Obama was grounded, rounded and presidential. He marked his territory as being the one with the experience of making the big decisions as president. One's like saving the auto industry, improving healthcare and carrying out America's promise to track down Bin Laden. He also, and I thought this was his real triumph, appeared humble. 

I'm just curious: How much?

post #40 of 59
Quote:

They countered the Republican lies with their own lies? :rolleyes:

I'm just curious: How much?

Did you actually watch these speeches? 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › In Colour: The 2012 DNC.