or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › In Colour: The 2012 DNC.

In Colour: The 2012 DNC. - Page 2

post #41 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Did you actually watch these speeches? 

No. I have a low tolerance for bullshit. I luckily avoided both liar's conventions.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #42 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

No. I have a low tolerance for bullshit. I luckily avoided both liar's conventions.

So do a lot of other people, you're not unique, as can be seen by Romney's thud and Obama's bounce from their respective conventions.

Here's proof there was no bs from the DNC-

2012-09-10-Blumenthal-Obamabump.png

And Obama relies heavily on the American people giving small donations, a bit like Ron Paul did, but very much unlike Romney who's funded mostly by millions from his elite Conservative/Tea Party influence peddlers-

" The reelection campaign of Barack Obama is back in the lead on the fundraising front after raising $114 million in August. The total, which is a combination of funds raised by the campaign, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Obama's victory committee, exceeds the $111.6 million the Romney campaign said that they raised in combination with the Republican National Committee (RNC) and Romney Victory for the same time period. This marks the first time since the Romney campaign and the RNC started raising money together that the Obama team has beaten them in monthly fundraising.

"The key to fighting back against the special interests writing limitless checks to support Mitt Romney is growing our donor base, and we did substantially in the month of August," Obama campaign manager Jim Messina said in a statement. "Fueled by contributions from more than 1.1 million Americans donating an average of $58 -- more than 317,000 who had never contributed to the campaign before -- we raised a total of more than $114 million. That is a critical downpayment on the organization we are building across the country -- the largest grassroots campaign in history."

Edited by Hands Sandon - 9/10/12 at 6:31am
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #43 of 59
Quote:

Here's proof there was no bs from the DNC-

2012-09-10-Blumenthal-Obamabump.png

You are confused. You have not presented any proof here that there was no BS from the DNC.

post #44 of 59
Quote:

You are confused. You have not presented any proof here that there was no BS from the DNC.

The point is that Obama's opened the door wide and spoken the truth to the American people instead of lying to them. That's had an impact like I posted above. And here's more proof that the what the DNC did has woken up the voters and shone a bright light on the repubs lies-

"President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney by six points nationally among likely voters, according to a CNN/ORC pollreleased Monday.

Fifty-two percent of likely voters support Obama, and 46 percent back Romney (2 percent responded neither, and 1 percent had no opinion). That's a four-point bump since a poll taken before the Democratic convention in Charlotte, N.C., when the two candidates were tied at 48 percent. Prior to both conventions, Obama had 49 percent to Romney's 47 percent."

post #45 of 59
Quote:

The point is that Obama's opened the door wide and spoken the truth to the American people instead of lying to them. That's had an impact like I posted above.

Oh, I see. You are engaging in two logical fallacies: begging the question and a non sequitur. Thanks for clarifying.

post #46 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

In summary:

DNC in 2008: Yes we can!
DNC in 2012: Nobody else could have either.

What's amazing is that you're not using hyperbole.  They actually said it.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #47 of 59

The DNC bounce is resurrecting all the Democrats, including those in the senate. Here's 5% for Elizabeth Warren. After the debates we'll see more gains too-

"Elizabeth Warren is running nearly even with Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) in a poll released Monday, her best showing since late July. The poll, from the Republican-leaning firm Kimball Political Consulting, shows 46 percent of likely voters backing Brown and 45 percent supporting Warren, with 9 percent still undecided. In Kimball's last poll, conducted August 21, Brown led by 6 points, 49 to 43."

post #48 of 59

You know there's a reason they call it a BOUNCE Hands. It's because it is temporary and goes away. The media talking heads won't have a every evening to slap down one party and praise the other for two solid weeks. People will go back to their empty cupboards and empty pocketbooks and they will wonder why all of this is so after adding $5 trillion to a $16 trillion dollar national debt.

They will realize that they are unemployed and underemployed and the government student loans they took to remedy are the only debt they cannot escape.

They will realize that instead of being able to use their youth to save some expenses for a while with regard to health care, they now have a mandate to pay into a bankrupt government health care system that will deliver them little and cost them more of what they don't already have.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #49 of 59

Among likely voters, Obama-Romney close

Quote:
Last week’s Democratic National Convention helped President Obama improve his standing against Republican Mitt Romney, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, but did little to reduce voter concern about his handling of the economy.

The survey shows that the race remains close among likely voters, with Obama at 49 percent and Romney at 48 percent, virtually unchanged from a poll taken just before the conventions.

Mitt Romney would lead by eight in unskewed data from newest CNN/ORC poll

Quote:
The latest CNN/ORC poll released today shows a wider lead for President Obama than the previous CNN/ORC poll but it is doubly skewed. It massively under-samples independents while it also over-samples Democratic voters. The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll official reports Obama at 52 to percent and Mitt Romney at 46 percent. Unskewed, the data reveals a 53 percent to 45 percent lead for Romney.

This new CNN/ORC survey, unlike many other analyzed, not only over-samples Democratic voters, but also massively under-samples independent voters, to produce a result more favorable to Barack Obama. This survey's sample includes 397 registered Republicans and 441 registered Democrats. But the survey included a total of 822 registered voters, leaving only 37 independent voters at most. The survey clearly under-sampled independent and Republican voters.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #50 of 59

CNN's bias during this election has been so obvious you'd have to be blind not to see. From front page opinion pieces by Democrats telling the Republicans what they should be doing, to the overwhelmingly negative coverage of the RNC to the comparatively fawning coverage of the DNC...

Sad.

Perhaps they are seeing things they aren't reporting that don't look for Obama.

post #51 of 59

post #52 of 59

Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets

Quote:

On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message.

But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those are Russian warships.

While retired Adm. John Nathman, a former commander of Fleet Forces Command, honored vets as America’s best, the ships from the Russian Federation Navy were arrayed like sentinels on the big screen above.

These were the very Soviet-era combatants that Nathman and Cold Warriors like him had once squared off against.

“The ships are definitely Russian,” said noted naval author Norman Polmar after reviewing hi-resolution photos from the event. “There’s no question of that in my mind.”

Naval experts concluded the background was a photo composite of Russian ships that were overflown by what appear to be U.S. trainer jets. It remains unclear how or why the Democratic Party used what’s believed to be images of the Russian Black Sea Fleet at their convention.

post #53 of 59
Quote:

Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets

DNC apologizes

post #54 of 59

The recent polls are completely bogus.  If they are not undersampling Republicans/Independents and oversampling Democrats, they are screwing up (perhaps deliberately) the turnout models.  The most recent Rasmussen poll weighted African Americans at 13+% turnout, when the historical turnout is 11%.  The same poll under-weighted seniors.    It's all crap.  Romney is winning, and by a fair margin...and that's during the DNC bounce.  

Quote:

CNN's bias during this election has been so obvious you'd have to be blind not to see. From front page opinion pieces by Democrats telling the Republicans what they should be doing, to the overwhelmingly negative coverage of the RNC to the comparatively fawning coverage of the DNC...

Sad.

MSNBC is far worse.  Then again, at least MSNBC doesn't even pretend to be a news org anymore. 

Quote:

DNC apologizes

At least that was just a mistake.  The other events at the DNC are far more troublesome...even outrageous.  Despite the media love fest (which Hands apparently embraces), the convention was a total disaster.  From the 50,000 less people due to the venue, to the deficit financing into the millions, to the optics of no balloons, to booing and hissing putting "God given" back into the platform, to the clearly failed voice vote...it was a circus act.  It amazes me how a party that did everything so right (and had everything go their way) in 2008 is on the total opposite end of the spectrum. 

post #55 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The recent polls are completely bogus.  If they are not undersampling Republicans/Independents and oversampling Democrats, they are screwing up (perhaps deliberately) the turnout models.  The most recent Rasmussen poll weighted African Americans at 13+% turnout, when the historical turnout is 11%.  The same poll under-weighted seniors.    It's all crap.  Romney is winning, and by a fair margin...and that's during the DNC bounce.  

Quote:

Sad.

MSNBC is far worse.  Then again, at least MSNBC doesn't even pretend to be a news org anymore. 

Quote:

DNC apologizes

At least that was just a mistake.  The other events at the DNC are far more troublesome...even outrageous.  Despite the media love fest (which Hands apparently embraces), the convention was a total disaster.  From the 50,000 less people due to the venue, to the deficit financing into the millions, to the optics of no balloons, to booing and hissing putting "God given" back into the platform, to the clearly failed voice vote...it was a circus act.  It amazes me how a party that did everything so right (and had everything go their way) in 2008 is on the total opposite end of the spectrum. 

Quote:

The recent polls are completely bogus

lol.giflol.giflol.gif ........no wait........lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Uh huh.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #56 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Read the explanation, jimmac.  They are completely wrong in their portrayal of the race.  It is exactly the opposite as has been portrayed. 

post #57 of 59
Quote:

Quote:

Read the explanation, jimmac.  They are completely wrong in their portrayal of the race.  It is exactly the opposite as has been portrayed. 

Uh huh.

post #58 of 59
Quote:

Here in Toronto we call it the Smitherman effect. The left was running a scandal-plagued, former drug addict for the last Toronto mayoral election and the media made it look like a real horse race right up to the counting of the polls. When he was completely blown out by the conservative. In TORONTO.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #59 of 59
Quote:

Uh huh.

So, I take that as a refusal to read the explanation I posted?  Or any explanation?  Fair enough.  Since you apparently have the adult version of an School IEP (Individualized Education Program) that must include repeating directions, chunking tasks and preferential seating, I'll re-summarize:

1.  The CNN poll showing Obama up 53-47 severely over-sampled Democrats to the tuneI of about 440-395.  They under-sampled GOP and IND voters.  With proper sampling given voters' party affiliation, Romney has an 8 point lead.  (35% Republican, 34% Democrat, 30% IND).   

2.  The turnout models used for likely voters in several polls are at odds with historical turnout.  For example, Rasmussen (a poll that tends to lean slightly conservative) estimated black turnout at 13% of the electorate.  It has historically been 11%, with 2008 being the only exception.  Rasmussen also underestimated senior turnout.  This has a dramatic impact on the polls.  Turnout matters, because Obama is winning groups that tend to have low voter turnout.  

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › In Colour: The 2012 DNC.