or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mitt Romney is Going to Win - Page 5

post #161 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Obama and Byden will mop the floor with them. You must know that. Talk about being challenged on their record! Romney ( Mr. I know about the suffering of the common man even though I haven't suffered myself ) can't keep his story straight from one minute to the next and Ryan well......all you have to say there is Medicare. Mop the floor trumpy. Mop the floor. It'll be fun for all ( except Republicans that is ). Don't believe me? Just watch.

 

First, you might want to learn to spell the name of VPOTUS.  ;)  Secondly, you think that Romney has to defend his record?  You mean, the one where he's been successful at just everything he's ever done?  That record? And Ryan vs.Biden?  Biden can't even carry Paul Ryan's jock.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #162 of 1062

Nice article about Mittens.

 

http://nymag.com/news/politics/powergrid/mitt-romney-middle-east-unrest-2012-9/

 

 

 

It includes the suggestion that Mittens has to knock the ball out of the stadium in the debates and Obama has to completely flop in order for the election to swing Mittens' way.  Neither proposition is very likely.


Edited by Bergermeister - 9/15/12 at 2:24pm

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #163 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Obama and Byden will mop the floor with them. You must know that. Talk about being challenged on their record! Romney ( Mr. I know about the suffering of the common man even though I haven't suffered myself ) can't keep his story straight from one minute to the next and Ryan well......all you have to say there is Medicare. Mop the floor trumpy. Mop the floor. It'll be fun for all ( except Republicans that is ). Don't believe me? Just watch.

 

First, you might want to learn to spell the name of VPOTUS.  ;)  Secondly, you think that Romney has to defend his record?  You mean, the one where he's been successful at just everything he's ever done?  That record? And Ryan vs.Biden?  Biden can't even carry Paul Ryan's jock.  

Sorry Biden. As for the rest you're missing the point. Voters don't like Romney or Ryan. They also don't like what they stand for. All they have to do is ask the right questions and they won't be able to respond in a way that will change the way voters feel about their approach to the issues ( and it may point out those things to some on the fence ). It's as simple as that SDW. No matter how it's spelled. Why is Romney against Obama Care now when he helped develop something along the same lines? Tell me SDW how is he going to convince the common worker out there that he knows what they're going through when he couldn't possibly? Romney knows how to make money for Romney. As for Ryan how is he going to convince elderly people his plan won't gut Medicare? The only one's buying their Schick is Republicans SDW. Please.

 

There's a reason that some political cartoons show Romney talking out of both sides of his mouth. He says what ever he has to for the question. It's pathetic.

 

And then when he does say something it's like his response to the Libyan situation. Foot in mouth.

 

I have full confidence Obama and Biden can handle them.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #164 of 1062

Careful, Jimmac.  Somebody might claim that Obama is rich, too and therefore he can't relate, either.  Of course, this completely ignores his life up to about five years ago or whenever he published his book.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #165 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Voters don't like Romney or Ryan. They also don't like what they stand for.

 

Really? Which voters? How do you know this?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

All they have to do is ask the right questions and they won't be able to respond in a way that will change the way voters feel about their approach to the issues ( and it may point out those things to some on the fence ).

 

So you're saying that if the debate questions are rigged the right way, they can torpedo Romney and Ryan?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Tell me SDW how is he going to convince the common worker out there that he knows what they're going through when he couldn't possibly?

 

Why does that matter? Why does the ability to "relate" qualify or disqualify someone to be president? Frankly, I don't think any one of these guys who has run or won can relate to my life.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Romney knows how to make money for Romney.

 

Spoken like a true Marxist.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

As for Ryan how is he going to convince elderly people his plan won't gut Medicare?

 

As I understand it, the Ryan plan for medicare doesn't affect anyone 55 or older. How does that affect the elderly?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

There's a reason that some political cartoons show Romney talking out of both sides of his mouth. He says what ever he has to for the question. It's pathetic.

 

Are you suggesting that a) political cartoons are a source of truth, and b) Obama never says whatever he has to for the question?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I have full confidence Obama and Biden can handle them.

 

We know. Of course you also had full confidence that the Republicans wouldn't regain any power again for generations due to your "cycles" theory. We see how long that lasted.


Edited by MJ1970 - 9/15/12 at 7:34pm

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #166 of 1062

And another:

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/opinion/sunday/kristof-the-foreign-relations-fumbler.html

 

Poor Mittens.  He is looking like a very weak candidate, indeed, and more people are catching on.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #167 of 1062

Berger, you always struck me as someone who had a deeper level of intellectual capacity. Just repeating yourself while quoting the NY Times opinion page is so intellectually lazy. Don't go all Jimmac on us now.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #168 of 1062

Romney will win this presidency. Obama and the economy will lose with people fed up with promises and no action.
 

post #169 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Voters don't like Romney or Ryan. They also don't like what they stand for.

 

Really? Which voters? How do you know this?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

All they have to do is ask the right questions and they won't be able to respond in a way that will change the way voters feel about their approach to the issues ( and it may point out those things to some on the fence ).

 

So you're saying that if the debate questions are rigged the right way, they can torpedo Romney and Ryan?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Tell me SDW how is he going to convince the common worker out there that he knows what they're going through when he couldn't possibly?

 

Why does that matter? Why does the ability to "relate" qualify or disqualify someone to be president? Frankly, I don't think any one of these guys who has run or won can relate to my life.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Romney knows how to make money for Romney.

 

Spoken like a true Marxist.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

As for Ryan how is he going to convince elderly people his plan won't gut Medicare?

 

As I understand it, the Ryan plan for medicare doesn't affect anyone 55 or older. How does that affect the elderly?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

There's a reason that some political cartoons show Romney talking out of both sides of his mouth. He says what ever he has to for the question. It's pathetic.

 

Are you suggesting that a) political cartoons are a source of truth, and b) Obama never says whatever he has to for the question?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I have full confidence Obama and Biden can handle them.

 

We know. Of course you also had full confidence that the Republicans wouldn't regain any power again for generations due to your "cycles" theory. We see how long that lasted.

 

Quote:

Really? Which voters? How do you know this?

Look at the most recent polls. Pay attention to the news. The only ones that like Romney are Republicans and not even all of them.

 

 

Quote:

So you're saying that if the debate questions are rigged the right way, they can torpedo Romney and Ryan?

The truth will come out no matter what they ask really. That truth being that Romney really has no counter plan. What he has indicated so far is stuff large groups of voters won't go for. This will over ride any negative feelings they have for Obama's " progress " during this economic crisis. They will know this is going from the frying pan into the fire and who in their right mind wants that? They don't have to torpedo Romney and Ryan. They'll do it to themselves.

 

 

Quote:

Are you suggesting that a) political cartoons are a source of truth, and b) Obama never says whatever he has to for the question?

Political cartoons by their very nature have a particle of truth to them. And MJ really ( eyes roll ) all politicians do this to some degree. The difference is that Romney seems to do this most of the time. Take health care for example ( wink if I could ).

 

 

Quote:

We know. Of course you also had full confidence that the Republicans wouldn't regain any power again for generations due to your "cycles" theory. We see how long that lasted.

 

 

It's really interesting how one or two conservatives here misquoted me on this subject and the rest seemed to run with it. My statement is basically that the conservative movement in this country has become over run with tea party types and extremists. So much so their great hero Reagan couldn't be elected now days because he'd be too liberal. How ironic. The GOP has a sickness and needs to become more focused on the center instead of the the extreme right. As a result most don't trust the Republican party as much as they do the Democrats ( again polls ). So until they change back into something resembling the other half of our political equation in this country this situation will only get worse. They fostered a bunch of untruths in the 70's, 80's, and 90's which clearly now are not the case ( trickle down economics etc. ). When you mix this with their quasi religious doctrine  and people just aren't buying it anymore. Hence this part of the cycle ( for how long it will last which is an indeterminate factor as it can very a lot based on the prevailing circumstances ) is more liberal. It's nothing new really. And usually the other side ( liberal or conservative is all in denial over it ). And really what power do they have now MJ? The power to be the part of congress that's purely obstructive. So in the end they have the power to piss the voters off as nothing gets done as they obstruct everything ( without compromise ) that wasn't their idea. Hence the label of " The Party Of No ".

 

Here's an example : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/29/gop-rep-we-cant-be-the-pa_n_162129.html

 

 

Quote:
As I understand it, the Ryan plan for medicare doesn't affect anyone 55 or older. How does that affect the elderly?

I thought I'd address this one also. Really how naive. Do you really think those people will stay younger than 55 forever?lol.gif What about a voter that's 54 or 53 right now?  I'd be a nice thought and let me know how you'd do that because I'm already over the line.lol.gif

 

Clearly MJ you don't have a real feel for what it's like to get older....yet.


Edited by jimmac - 9/16/12 at 11:24am
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #170 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Berger, you always struck me as someone who had a deeper level of intellectual capacity. Just repeating yourself while quoting the NY Times opinion page is so intellectually lazy. Don't go all Jimmac on us now.

I'd rather do that than go all trumpy on someone!lol.gif Anyone with even half a brain ( not you Berger ) can see what Romney's all about trumpy. They don't have to be jimmac!lol.gif

 

By they way this website still needs work. Right now I'm looking at the indicator showing me off line while I'm still logged in!lol.gif ( head shakes if it could )


Edited by jimmac - 9/16/12 at 11:51am
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #171 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Look at the most recent polls. Pay attention to the news. The only ones that like Romney are Republicans and not even all of them.

 

So you're contention is that about 50% of those being polled are Republicans and those are the only one's saying they'd support for vote for Romney? And they are only supporting him because he's Republican?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The truth will come out no matter what they ask really.

 

That seems doubtful.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

That truth being that Romney really has no counter plan.

 

Oh, so your perception of the "truth" is what you think will come out. Got it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

What he has indicated so far is stuff large groups of voters won't go for.

 

Well, about 50% anyway. But then it appears that about 50% won't go for what Obama is proposing either.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

This will over ride any negative feelings they have for Obama's " progress " during this economic crisis.

 

I'm so glad you've finally gotten to the point of putting the word "progress" in quotes when referring to what Obama has done with the economy. Perhaps you're finally starting to realize the truth here.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

They will know this is going from the frying pan into the fire and who in their right mind wants that?

 

So you claim to know what other people know about what will happen in the future? Wonderful!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Political cartoons by their very nature have a particle of truth to them.

 

I will remember that.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And MJ really ( eyes roll ) all politicians do this to some degree. The difference is that Romney seems to do this most of the time.

 

I see.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It's really interesting how one or two conservatives here misquoted me on this subject and the rest seemed to run with it. My statement is basically that the conservative movement in this country has become over run with tea party types and extremists. So much so their great hero Reagan couldn't be elected now days because he'd be too liberal. How ironic. The GOP has a sickness and needs to become more focused on the center instead of the the extreme right. As a result most don't trust the Republican party as much as they do the Democrats ( again polls ). So until they change back into something resembling the other half of our political equation in this country this situation will only get worse. They fostered a bunch of untruths in the 70's, 80's, and 90's which clearly now are not the case ( trickle down economics etc. ). When you mix this with their quasi religious doctrine  and people just aren't buying it anymore. Hence this part of the cycle ( for how long it will last which is an indeterminate factor as it can very a lot based on the prevailing circumstances ) is more liberal. It's nothing new really. And usually the other side ( liberal or conservative is all in denial over it ). And really what power do they have now MJ? The power to be the part of congress that's purely obstructive. So in the end they have the power to piss the voters off as nothing gets done as they obstruct everything ( without compromise ) that wasn't their idea. Hence the label of " The Party Of No ".

 

So you're changing your tune. Got it.

 

P.S. I'm not going on "misquotes" of your "cycles" theory. I've been here and a I saw you lay it out for us all first hand.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I thought I'd address this one also.

 

Delightful.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Really how naive.

 

Oh. :-(

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Do you really think those people will stay younger than 55 forever?

 

Hmmm...let me think about that for a minute. Hmmmm...ummm...no.

 

(will you get to addressing the point at tall?)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

What about a voter that's 54 or 53 right now?

 

Well...close. What about them? First, they are not elderly (which is who you said must be convinced that Medicare was not going to be "gutted"). Second, they would know well before hand the new structure of medicare before having to use it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'd be a nice thought and let me know how you'd do that because I'm already over the line.lol.gif

 

How I'd do what?

 

(Now, were you going to address the issue or not?)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Clearly MJ you don't have a real feel for what it's like to get older....yet.

 

Whether I do or not seems irrelevant to this issue. I can still apply my reasoning to the issue. Can you?


Edited by MJ1970 - 9/16/12 at 12:40pm

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #172 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Look at the most recent polls. Pay attention to the news. The only ones that like Romney are Republicans and not even all of them.

 

So you're contention is that about 50% of those being polled are Republicans and those are the only one's saying they'd support for vote for Romney?

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The truth will come out no matter what they ask really.

 

That seems doubtful.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

That truth being that Romney really has no counter plan.

 

Oh, so your perception of the "truth" is what you think will come out. Got it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

What he has indicated so far is stuff large groups of voters won't go for.

 

Well, about 50% anyway. But then it appears that about 50% won't go for what Obama is proposing either.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

This will over ride any negative feelings they have for Obama's " progress " during this economic crisis.

 

I'm so glad you've finally gotten to the point of putting the word "progress" in quotes when referring to what Obama has done with the economy. Perhaps you're finally starting to realize the truth here.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

They will know this is going from the frying pan into the fire and who in their right mind wants that?

 

So you claim to know what other people know about what will happen in the future? Wonderful!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Political cartoons by their very nature have a particle of truth to them.

 

I will remember that.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And MJ really ( eyes roll ) all politicians do this to some degree. The difference is that Romney seems to do this most of the time.

 

I see.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It's really interesting how one or two conservatives here misquoted me on this subject and the rest seemed to run with it. My statement is basically that the conservative movement in this country has become over run with tea party types and extremists. So much so their great hero Reagan couldn't be elected now days because he'd be too liberal. How ironic. The GOP has a sickness and needs to become more focused on the center instead of the the extreme right. As a result most don't trust the Republican party as much as they do the Democrats ( again polls ). So until they change back into something resembling the other half of our political equation in this country this situation will only get worse. They fostered a bunch of untruths in the 70's, 80's, and 90's which clearly now are not the case ( trickle down economics etc. ). When you mix this with their quasi religious doctrine  and people just aren't buying it anymore. Hence this part of the cycle ( for how long it will last which is an indeterminate factor as it can very a lot based on the prevailing circumstances ) is more liberal. It's nothing new really. And usually the other side ( liberal or conservative is all in denial over it ). And really what power do they have now MJ? The power to be the part of congress that's purely obstructive. So in the end they have the power to piss the voters off as nothing gets done as they obstruct everything ( without compromise ) that wasn't their idea. Hence the label of " The Party Of No ".

 

So you're changing your tune. Got it.

 

P.S. I'm not going on "misquotes" of your "cycles" theory. I've been here and a I saw you lay it out for us all first hand.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I thought I'd address this one also.

 

Delightful.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Really how naive.

 

Oh. :-(

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Do you really think those people will stay younger than 55 forever?

 

Hmmm...let me think about that for a minute. Hmmmm...ummm...no.

 

(will you get to addressing the point at tall?)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

What about a voter that's 54 or 53 right now?

 

Well...close. What about them? First, they are not elderly (which is who you said must be convinced that Medicare was not going to be "gutted"). Second, they would know well before hand the new structure of medicare before having to use it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'd be a nice thought and let me know how you'd do that because I'm already over the line.lol.gif

 

How I'd do what?

 

(Now, were you going to address the issue or not?)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Clearly MJ you don't have a real feel for what it's like to get older....yet.

 

Whether I do or not seems irrelevant to this issue. I can still apply my reasoning to the issue. Can you?

I'm sorry MJ but bladdy blah, blah, blah. Bottom line in my book and most voters books. Romney isn't going to be President. You have a really sort of " I'm going to be young forever so why should I worry about that now " attitude ( don't worry I had it also when I was young like when I was in my my 40's ). And I did address the issue as people don't stay the same age so people who will be turning 55 in a few years will be worrying about the Ryan plan ( but you understood that already ). It's nice to know that I'm not elderly ( 59 ) however once you reach a certain age you don't have to be 90 to have elderly problems that would be addressed by medicare based on your work statis ( hence the 55 qualifier ).

 

 

Quote:

Whether I do or not seems irrelevant to this issue.

Sorry MJ but as you will find that has a way of becoming relevent with time ( and trust me faster than you think it will so plan well ).

 

 

Quote:

P.S. I'm not going on "misquotes" of your "cycles" theory. I've been here and a I saw you lay it out for us all first hand.

Perhaps you'd like to show me a quote or link where my statement matches your ideas. Or was it mearly what you wanted to hear to support your argument?

 

 

Also : http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/opinion/granderson-romney-trust/index.html

 

 

 

Quote:

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been asking random people who identify as Republicans if they trust Mitt Romney, and each of them gave me an answer like this -- "I trust him more than I trust Obama." It's just a long winded way of saying "no."

They said they did want to see his taxes.

 

They said they have reservations about a major tax plan lacking specifics.

Some said they saw the video of him describing himself as a pro-abortion rights moderate; others knew that in the hardcover version of his book "No Apology," he expressed pride in Romneycare and believed that "we can accomplish the same thing for everyone in the country." They know he flip flops.

Misspeaks.

Lies.

And yet, their dislike of President Barack Obama is so strong that they're willing to overlook that whole character thing and swallow the bitter pill that is Romney.

 

Sorry but I think they'll choke on that pill.

 

 

 

Also this time around it's as James Carville's book is titled " It's The Middleclass Stupid ". http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/09/james-carville-on-his-new-book-it-s-the-middle-class-stupid.html


Edited by jimmac - 9/16/12 at 1:09pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #173 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'm sorry MJ but bladdy blah, blah, blah.

 

So you've just given up having a discussion like an adult?! Wow.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You have a really sort of " I'm going to be young forever so why should I worry about that now " attitude...

 

Our conversations go better when you don't tell me what I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And I did address the issue as people don't stay the same age so people who will be turning 55 in a few years will be worrying about the Ryan plan ( but you understood that already ).

 

No, you just said people get older.

 

You completely side-stepped your original claim (that the elderly needed to be convinced that Ryan wasn't going to "gut" Medicare.) I've already given you the benefit of the doubt (without you have ing to actually prove it) that the Ryan plan would "gut" Medicare. I then explained to you that changes to Medicare under his plan would only affect those under 55 (or 55 and under) who will have ample time to adjust to this new plan.

 

But you just ignore all of that and just say people are going to get older, and you just don't understand because you're not older and so on.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sorry MJ but as you will find that has a way of becoming relevent with time ( and trust me faster than you think it will so plan well ).

 

No. Not at all. Not ever. My ability to relate to it or "feel" for it will not change the reasoning about the issue. The only thing that may change would be my feelings and emotions about it. But I try hard to use my reasoning rather than my emotions to guide my decision-making.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #174 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'm sorry MJ but bladdy blah, blah, blah.

 

So you've just given up having a discussion like an adult?! Wow.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You have a really sort of " I'm going to be young forever so why should I worry about that now " attitude...

 

Our conversations go better when you don't tell me what I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And I did address the issue as people don't stay the same age so people who will be turning 55 in a few years will be worrying about the Ryan plan ( but you understood that already ).

 

No, you just said people get older.

 

You completely side-stepped your original claim (that the elderly needed to be convinced that Ryan wasn't going to "gut" Medicare.) I've already given you the benefit of the doubt (without you have ing to actually prove it) that the Ryan plan would "gut" Medicare. I then explained to you that changes to Medicare under his plan would only affect those under 55 (or 55 and under) who will have ample time to adjust to this new plan.

 

But you just ignore all of that and just say people are going to get older, and you just don't understand because you're not older and so on.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sorry MJ but as you will find that has a way of becoming relevant with time ( and trust me faster than you think it will so plan well ).

 

No. Not at all. Not ever. My ability to relate to it or "feel" for it will not change the reasoning about the issue. The only thing that may change would be my feelings and emotions about it. But I try hard to use my reasoning rather than my emotions to guide my decision-making.

 

Quote:

So you've just given up having a discussion like an adult?! Wow.

Do you mean like you have done sometimes?

 

 

 

Quote:

 My ability to relate to it or "feel" for it will not change the reasoning about the issue

How do you really know that?

 

Honestly MJ I don't really have time for your circular logic right now. I've got things in the Real World calling me on this Sunday. You can spend your day here is you want. We'll talk later.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #175 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Do you mean like you have done sometimes?

 

Link(s) please.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

How do you really know that?

 

Because reasoning is reasoning. Properly understood it is not feelings. My feeling about certain issues may change, but assuming the facts and logic is no different, the reasoning shouldn't change. If the relevant facts are different, perhaps the reasoning should change. But my feelings about the issue are irrelevant.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Honestly MJ I don't really have time for your circular logic right now.

 

You're free to prove that I'm using circular logic.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #176 of 1062

Right again Dave. Biden is a loser against Ryan in the debates. he will smother him with his economic knowledge and Biden will stand there gasping for breath for answers.
 

post #177 of 1062

Presuming anyone with half a brain is coaching Romney, how does Obama even begin to address these broken promises and concerns?

 

President Obama gave us a stimulus that was more expensive than the Louisana Purchase, Moon Landing and Marshall Plan combined and it promised economy prosperty. We were told unemployment would be has high as 8% if he didn't get what he wanted. He got it, spent it and has added a total of $5 trillion to the national debt. Unemployment has still never gone back below 8% let alone the sub-6% he promised.

 

President Obama promised to prosecute Wall Street criminals. There hasn't been a single prosecution.

 

President Obama called the deficits during the Bush years which ran from $250 billion to $400 billion dollars unpatriotic. What does he call his annual trillion dollar deficits?

 

President Obama declared that if he hadn't gotten things back on track and if he couldn't cut the deficit in half (another promise of his) that we should consider a one term proposition with regard to his presidency. By his standards, he wouldn't vote for himself.

 

There's so much more to hit. This is but the tip of the iceberg.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #178 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sorry Biden. As for the rest you're missing the point. Voters don't like Romney or Ryan. They also don't like what they stand for. All they have to do is ask the right questions and they won't be able to respond in a way that will change the way voters feel about their approach to the issues ( and it may point out those things to some on the fence ). It's as simple as that SDW. No matter how it's spelled. Why is Romney against Obama Care now when he helped develop something along the same lines? Tell me SDW how is he going to convince the common worker out there that he knows what they're going through when he couldn't possibly? Romney knows how to make money for Romney. As for Ryan how is he going to convince elderly people his plan won't gut Medicare? The only one's buying their Schick is Republicans SDW. Please.

 

There's a reason that some political cartoons show Romney talking out of both sides of his mouth. He says what ever he has to for the question. It's pathetic.

 

And then when he does say something it's like his response to the Libyan situation. Foot in mouth.

 

I have full confidence Obama and Biden can handle them.

 

I think MJ's response is sufficient.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

And another:

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/opinion/sunday/kristof-the-foreign-relations-fumbler.html

 

Poor Mittens.  He is looking like a very weak candidate, indeed, and more people are catching on.

 

I read that article.  Nothing but another NYT hit piece.  Obama's mideast policy is in fiery ruins (literally) and we have the press attacking Mitt Romney on foreign relations.  You can't make this shit up.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #179 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

 

Look at the most recent polls. Pay attention to the news. The only ones that like Romney are Republicans and not even all of them.

 

 

Correctly sampled polls show quite the opposite, actually.  To use your phrase..."we're been through this."   

 

 

 

 

Quote:
The truth will come out no matter what they ask really. That truth being that Romney really has no counter plan

 

Yes, he does.  He's presented quite detailed plans.  

 

 

Quote:
. What he has indicated so far is stuff large groups of voters won't go for.

 

False.  It is Obama that is on the wrong side of the polls here.  The two parties are offering a basic choice:  Government lends a hand, or gets out of the way.  By a margin about 55-40, voters choose the latter.  I can't find the link at the moment. 

 

 

 

Quote:
This will over ride any negative feelings they have for Obama's " progress " during this economic crisis. They will know this is going from the frying pan into the fire and who in their right mind wants that? They don't have to torpedo Romney and Ryan. They'll do it to themselves.

 

A supposition and nothing more.  

 

 

Quote:

Political cartoons by their very nature have a particle of truth to them. And MJ really ( eyes roll ) all politicians do this to some degree. The difference is that Romney seems to do this most of the time. Take health care for example ( wink if I could ).

 

 

It's really interesting how one or two conservatives here misquoted me on this subject and the rest seemed to run with it. My statement is basically that the conservative movement in this country has become over run with tea party types and extremists

 

That's a Democratic talking point.  The Tea Party is about fiscal responsibility and shrinking a bloated government.  How is this "extreme?"  What other positions are extreme?  The fact is that your Democratic Party is has been hijacked by the true extremists.  You have people like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid running the party.  Your party booed putting God back in the platform.  Your party supports abortion in the 8th and 9th month of pregnancy. Many support partial-birth and post-birth abortion. Your party is screaming about the "rich" paying their "fair share."   These are not moderate or reasonable positions.  

 

 

 

Quote:
. So much so their great hero Reagan couldn't be elected now days because he'd be too liberal. How ironic.

 

Another Democratic talking point.  Funny, the very same people that assailed Reagan has being an extreme war monger with half a brain are now holding him up as a great man...just for the purpose of bashing today's GOP with his memory.  

 

 

Quote:
The GOP has a sickness and needs to become more focused on the center instead of the the extreme right.

 

What does that mean, specifically?  

 

 

Quote:
As a result most don't trust the Republican party as much as they do the Democrats ( again polls ).

 

That's incorrect. In fact, voters trust the GOP more on the vast majority of issues. From Rasmussen mid-August:  

 

Issue====================Dem=======GOP

 

 

Economy

 40%

 45%

 Health Care

 41%

 44%

 Education

 41%

 41%

 Energy Policy

 43%

 41%

 Immigration

 34%

 47%

 Social Security

 40%

 43%

 Afghanistan

 38%

 42%

 Government Ethics

 35%

 40%

 National Security

 37%

 47%

 Taxes

 41%

 46%

 

 

 

 

Quote:
So until they change back into something resembling the other half of our political equation in this country this situation will only get worse. They fostered a bunch of untruths in the 70's, 80's, and 90's which clearly now are not the case ( trickle down economics etc. ). When you mix this with their quasi religious doctrine  and people just aren't buying it anymore.

 

So for things to get better, the Republicans have to become more like...Democrats?  By the way, what you deride as "trickle down" (which is misnomer) actually works.

 

 

 

Quote:
Hence this part of the cycle ( for how long it will last which is an indeterminate factor as it can very a lot based on the prevailing circumstances ) is more liberal. It's nothing new really. And usually the other side ( liberal or conservative is all in denial over it ). And really what power do they have now MJ? The power to be the part of congress that's purely obstructive. So in the end they have the power to piss the voters off as nothing gets done as they obstruct everything ( without compromise ) that wasn't their idea. Hence the label of " The Party Of No ".

 

Oh boy, we're back to cycles.  Of course, I notice you don't count the 2010 shellacking the Dems took as part of that cycle.  Speaking of obstruction, you should really check out what Bob Woodward has to say.  

 

 

Quote:
It's discouraging stuff. Obama miscalculated, and badly, in negotiations with House Speaker John Boehner on getting Republicans to allow more borrowing and avert default by convincing them something significant would be done about a wildly growing, ruinous debt. Despite Republican travails about stiff tax hikes to help fix the mess, Boehner was willing to go along with an $800 billion revenue increase achieved through reform. The grand compromise was about done when Obama asked for another $400 billion. That was it. Finis. End of the game.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Right again Dave. Biden is a loser against Ryan in the debates. he will smother him with his economic knowledge and Biden will stand there gasping for breath for answers.
 

 

marv, you've spent the last 6 months trashing Romney.  Now you're saying he'll win?  


Edited by SDW2001 - 9/17/12 at 3:21pm
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #180 of 1062

I wonder if the moderators will get even close to any of these questions that Obama and Romney should be asked at the first debate.


Edited by MJ1970 - 9/17/12 at 2:39pm

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #181 of 1062

If you want to see the real Romney just click on this!

 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/49066551#49066551

 

How about this recording during a fund raiser that should make you see what kind of guy is running for President. Thank you Mr. Romney for making yourself so clear!lol.gif

 

He'll have to do a lot of damage control with this one. 47 precent don't pay income tax so he doesn't care about them! Great stuff!lol.gif

 

 

Enjoy!


Edited by jimmac - 9/17/12 at 5:42pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #182 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

If you want to see the real Romney just click on this!

 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/49066551#49066551

 

How about this recording during a fund raiser that should make you see what kind of guy is running for President. Thank you Mr. Romney for making yourself so clear!lol.gif

 

He'll have to do a lot of damage control with this one. 47 precent don't pay income tax so he doesn't care about them! Great stuff!lol.gif

 

 

Enjoy!

 

 

It's 100% true.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #183 of 1062

WOW, wow, wow.

 

In their latest poll, with registered voters, CBS/NYT not only oversampled Democrats, but they took the number of actual responses and further weighted them towards Dems, as seen after the jump.

 

No wonder guys like Nate Silver need to be bought out into silence. Everything is given a heavier weight except of course Republicans. Does anyone believe that only 22% of the electorate is Republican?

 
CBSpollWeights091712
 

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #184 of 1062

Ouch, this latest video is painful.

 

Once again, Mittens' attempt to clarify fell short or possibly will make things worse.  ("Off the cuff" won't cut it on the world stage.)

 

It is numbing to the mind how bad this is getting.  

 

 

The Right will try desperately to say "Look over there!" but I think it is too late.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #185 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

If you want to see the real Romney just click on this!

 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/49066551#49066551

 

How about this recording during a fund raiser that should make you see what kind of guy is running for President. Thank you Mr. Romney for making yourself so clear!lol.gif

 

He'll have to do a lot of damage control with this one. 47 precent don't pay income tax so he doesn't care about them! Great stuff!lol.gif

 

 

Enjoy!

 

Makes me like him even more. It's called "speaking truth to power" by the left.

post #186 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

If you want to see the real Romney just click on this!

 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/49066551#49066551

 

How about this recording during a fund raiser that should make you see what kind of guy is running for President. Thank you Mr. Romney for making yourself so clear!lol.gif

 

He'll have to do a lot of damage control with this one. 47 precent don't pay income tax so he doesn't care about them! Great stuff!lol.gif

 

 

Enjoy!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Ouch, this latest video is painful.

 

Once again, Mittens' attempt to clarify fell short or possibly will make things worse.  ("Off the cuff" won't cut it on the world stage.)

 

It is numbing to the mind how bad this is getting.  

 

 

The Right will try desperately to say "Look over there!" but I think it is too late.

 

Not painful and not surprising.  What he said was 100% accurate as trumptman notes.  Your comments on "off the cuff" and distraction are laughably hypocritical and ironic.  The Middle East and our own economy are in ruins, and the President is talking about Mitt Romney's tax returns.  

 

Oh, and why no front page news when this happened?  

 

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #187 of 1062

Maybe Republicans don't really want to win (the Presidency)?

 

I've had this thought from time to time in this election. Sometimes these folks think a bit longer term than we give them credit for.

 

It's becoming more evident that we're about to head into another recession. This will be Obama's recession and will be the results of his policies not only not fixing the previous one but merely kicking the can down the road. Maybe the justice here is that he gets to get saddled with the consequences of his own policies.

 

Maybe the Republicans don't want to get saddled with that themselves. Maybe they figure watching another 4 years of the disaster that Obama is will ruin the Democrats for many years as Carter did.

 

Just a thought. Often there's more long-term gamesmanship than we might realize. For example, I don't think McCain was a serious effort by the Republicans. Maybe Romney isn't either.

 

 

All that said, it looks like CNN is in full Obama campaign mode this morning.

 

Aside from making these comments from Romney front page news (unlike similar comments made by Obama 4 years ago), it's time for some counter-campaigning on their part:

 

Meet the 47% and Just the facts

 

And...

 

"What's behind Mitt's meltdown?"

 

I don't think Obama has much to worry about what with CNN actively campaigning for him like this.


Edited by MJ1970 - 9/18/12 at 8:20am

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #188 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Ouch, this latest video is painful.

 

Once again, Mittens' attempt to clarify fell short or possibly will make things worse.  ("Off the cuff" won't cut it on the world stage.)

 

It is numbing to the mind how bad this is getting.  

 

 

The Right will try desperately to say "Look over there!" but I think it is too late.

 

So Mitt's speaking the truth will make it worse than $5 trillion borrowed in 4 years, unemployment at 8+% while the economy is weakening yet again. We now have QE3 with the Fed printing $40 BILLION a month with no end date. The end date is literally "whever the economy stops stinking."

 

Think about that, a government that has declared they will print money until their policies prove effective. We have a record number of people OUT of the workforce and we have one person being paid for being "disabled" for every 16 people working. Then we have record numbers of people on food stamps as well.

 

It is indeed getting bad out there. It's so bad politicians are starting to tell the truth. THAT'S how bad it has become.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Maybe Republicans don't really want to win (the Presidency)?

 

I've had this thought from time to time in this election. Sometimes these folks think a bit longer term than we give them credit for.

 

It's becoming more evident that we're about to head into another recession. This will be Obama's recession and will be the results of his policies not only not fixing the previous one but merely kicking the can down the road. Maybe the justice here is that he gets to get saddled with the consequences of his own policies.

 

Maybe the Republicans don't want to get saddled with that themselves. Maybe they figure watching another 4 years of the disaster that Obama is will ruin the Democrats for many years as Carter did.

 

Just a thought. Often there's more long-term gamesmanship than we might realize. For example, I don't think McCain was a serious effort by the Republicans. Maybe Romney isn't either.

 

There will never be a recession that is Obama's recession. If there's one thought you could ever have with regard to the left that is like a cancer, it is the belief that they will ever accept responsibility when utopia or even success fails to arrive. They merely kill and silence anyone or anything that speaks to the contrary. We saw this with the Soviets. We see this now with Chavez and Castro in their respective countries. They are never wrong. There is always some evil thought, cause or malcontent that has stopped their final solution from working as intended.

 

Obama had complete Democratic control for half his term with supermajorities. His agenda was so extreme the only thing bipartisan was the opposition. The Republicans captured one half of one branch of Congress and now, it's all their fault of course.

 

Really, you honestly think it will be "Obama's recession" if the Republicans keep the House and capture the Senate? It will all be pinned down to obstructionism on the Republicans.

 

Also Carter didn't ruin Democrats for many years. Reagan was just that good. Remember Republicans didn't ever capture the House until 1994. They never controlled it even once during the 12 years of Republican presidents.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #189 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Maybe Republicans don't really want to win (the Presidency)?

 

I've had this thought from time to time in this election. Sometimes these folks think a bit longer term than we give them credit for.

 

It's becoming more evident that we're about to head into another recession. This will be Obama's recession and will be the results of his policies not only not fixing the previous one but merely kicking the can down the road. Maybe the justice here is that he gets to get saddled with the consequences of his own policies.

 

Maybe the Republicans don't want to get saddled with that themselves. Maybe they figure watching another 4 years of the disaster that Obama is will ruin the Democrats for many years as Carter did.

 

Just a thought. Often there's more long-term gamesmanship than we might realize. For example, I don't think McCain was a serious effort by the Republicans. Maybe Romney isn't either.

 

 

All that said, it looks like CNN is in full Obama campaign mode this morning.

 

Aside from making these comments from Romney front page news (unlike similar comments made by Obama 4 years ago), it's time for some counter-campaigning on their part:

 

Meet the 47% and Just the facts

 

And...

 

"What's behind Mitt's meltdown?"

 

I don't think Obama has much to worry about what with CNN actively campaigning for him like this.

 

It's as I said before...this goes well beyond regular, run-of-the-mill bias.  This is outright advocacy.  The "meltdown" narrative is entirely media created.  Romney has been excoriated for speaking the truth on a host of subjects, from the London games, to Libya to the political realities of the 47% that pay no income tax.  He's said nothing inaccurate or all that surprising.  Hadn't we been hearing for months that the Games had suspect security?  Was the initial embassy statement appropriate?  Don't 47% of people pay no federal income tax?  Yet, the media has labeled them gaffes.  They follow that up by reporting on their own horrendously skewed polls, some of which show the opposite of what's actually happening.  

 

The real story is that Romney is actually winning.   If one uses correct sampling and turnout models, Romney is up by at least 5 points nationally. Given that 75%+ of undecided  votes break for challenger in almost every case (going back to the 1970s), Romney is actually up nationally by 7-8 points.    You won't hear this though.  It's all propaganda.   

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #190 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Romney has been excoriated for speaking the truth on a host of subjects, from the London games, to Libya to the political realities of the 47% that pay no income tax.  

 

This right here is the thing I don't understand about the way you debate.

 

Let's take the London Games thing.

 

So your man comes over, and pisses everyone off. He pisses everyone off so badly that the mayor of London gets on stage and humiliates him in front of 60k people. He pisses the nation off so badly the PM (aka The Elected Leader of the Your Closest Ally) goes on TV and says it's easier to do an Olympic Games in "the middle of nowhere."

 

ZING.

 

Now. You say this is a media excoriation for telling the truth. It isn't. He made a total diplomatic ****-up, because you don't say that in public whether true or not. It's not about the rightness or wrongness about whether London was ready or not (London was, BTW, so he was wrong, but that's not important).

 

He pissed people off. Really badly. That's a fact. If the media reports "Mitt Romney pisses of an entire nation due to a bad diplomatic ****-up," and he did, what is your problem? The fact that he caused the PM of the UK to bitch-slap him on TV isn't a story?

 

You do this a lot in your argument above in similar ways. It's pretty sad.

post #191 of 1062

The people who are "outraged" or "upset" with what Romney said are chained to the Democrat party and Obama, and Romney does not need to pander to those people or attempt to win them over. That would be a waste of time and resources. Screw them, as they're basically irrelevant.

post #192 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald II View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Romney has been excoriated for speaking the truth on a host of subjects, from the London games, to Libya to the political realities of the 47% that pay no income tax.  

 

This right here is the thing I don't understand about the way you debate.

 

Let's take the London Games thing.

 

So your man comes over, and pisses everyone off. He pisses everyone off so badly that the mayor of London gets on stage and humiliates him in front of 60k people. He pisses the nation off so badly the PM (aka The Elected Leader of the Your Closest Ally) goes on TV and says it's easier to do an Olympic Games in "the middle of nowhere."

 

ZING.

 

Now. You say this is a media excoriation for telling the truth. It isn't. He made a total diplomatic ****-up, because you don't say that in public whether true or not. It's not about the rightness or wrongness about whether London was ready or not (London was, BTW, so he was wrong, but that's not important).

 

He pissed people off. Really badly. That's a fact. If the media reports "Mitt Romney pisses of an entire nation due to a bad diplomatic ****-up," and he did, what is your problem? The fact that he caused the PM of the UK to bitch-slap him on TV isn't a story?

 

You do this a lot in your argument above in similar ways. It's pretty sad.

 

Here's the problem with your reasoning, and of course it is the problem with most leftist reasoning. Being pissed off, even really badly or being offended. Those are feelings and are completely arbitrary. People dying, being hurt, going hungry or businesses going bankrupt, those are real things.

 

No one can borrow their way into prosperity. No nation can have almost half the population contribute nothing and call it a social compact. No nation can import their labor while having their domestic population become every increasingly depended, ignorant, unemployable, obese and demand ever more entertainment and health care to remedy these problems.

 

Declaring that reality must be confronted can piss you off. It can be declared to show someone in an unfavorable light, to be undiplomatic, unfair or whatever words you want.

 

Reality always wins. Also if you really want to read some nasty news coverage, why don't we go back and read what was printed about the U.K. when they declined to join the Euro.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #193 of 1062

Priceless watching Romney supporters trip themselves up and muddle their defence of Romney. lol.gif

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #194 of 1062

See, this is the problem with the right wing echo chamber.  The right figured having their own megaphone, via Fox et al, would be a great way to combat "the liberal media" and the truth would be told at last. Trouble being, once you start relying entirely on your own self-reinforcing bubble, you stop having any motivation to update your world view with any information that seems contradictory.

 

So you get the Romney campaign, and the Romney campaign apologists.  A world where Obama is broadly perceived as a feckless weakling, and free men long to be released from their chains of, um, unemployment insurance and Social Security?  Veterans benefits?  Student loans?  Which are socialism and a sure sign of the collapse of America as we know her.  

 

A world where "government assistance" is synonymous with "welfare" which is synonymous with "those people" whom Obama buys off with checks in the mail for nothing.  Despite the fact that the average (by a wide margin) welfare recipient is a white red state inhabitant.

 

The people defending this honestly don't see how insane, how ahistorical, and how factually wrong any of this, because they can either consume media that flatters their prejudices, or ignore any contrary information as being a product of the liberal media complex (without every explaining why huge corporations are so dead set on socialism and income redistribution and punitive taxation policies.  Self loathing? Secret long range plan?  Hard to say).

 

So go for it.  This Republican party of unrepentant America hatred, apocalyptic doom mongering, fringe economics metastasized into platform planks, malformed rage and incoherent resentment is working as hard as it can to become the party of the thinly populated plains states and the South. You can't win any national elections if that's all you got, and now that the Fox/Tea Party/talk radio/blog empire has made it possible for a minority of cranks to imagine they represent a vanguard, I don't see any signs that you're going to get much more.  

 

I say all this more in sorrow than triumph, despite being a life-long Democrat, because I don't think a 2 party America with one party lurching for the weeds and apparently intending to build settlements there is good for the country.  I think an Obama administration and a Democratic Party is made better and stronger by principled opposition, by having to defend their ideology against actual, worked out ideas regarding governance, fiscal policy, etc.  But stuff like Obama not being a citizen, or a socialist, or a weak appeaser, or a closet tyrant, etc., is just childish nonsense and name calling.  Imagining that a marginal tax-rate that's even within spitting distance of what we had during some of most prosperous times as a country somehow represents a sinister foreign ideology of government control is insultingly childish nonsense.  Carrying on as if the running the country like a modern democracy instead of a civil war era homestead represents a fatal collapse into decadence requiring all free men to rally to the cause is just ludicrous theatrics.

 

Romney's going to lose (even thought clearly, given the economy, the election was his to win), because he's a shitty candidate with a shitty message (when he has any message at all) representing a shitty husk of an outfit that's lost all sense of being a national party.  They think the fact that they're filled with righteous indignation at what that 47 percent are up to, despite being wrong about who they are and how they get along, will win the day because, you know, righteous.  

 

Of course, once he does lose, they'll just go further into their bunker mentality re the horrible citizenry of America who are so contemptible that they were gulled into voting for a monster.  And until they let go of this stupid, pig-headed burlesque of the electorate, they're going to keep right on losing.

post #195 of 1062
Yeah. Now listen up Trumptman.

I'm not sure you read my post. I never said I was pissed off.

What I did say was Romney came over to London and made a diplomatic ****-up that pissed off the whole country so badly the leader of the whole country went on TV, really pissed off, and bitch-slapped Romney.

With me so far? Because you're not addressing the, y'know, thing the post was about.

Now, I will point out the leader of the UK, David Cameron, is a conservative, and a Conservative.

Can I pause and ask if you are saying that David Cameron was pissed off by Romney because he is a liberal? Can I ask you that directly? Because that is what you are inferring.

ACTUALLY Romney pissed him off by making a diplomatic ****-up. And so the conservative PM bitch slapped him in front of the whole nation.

Would you like me to link to the video of Cameron, the elected leader of your closest ally, bitch-slapping your boy? It's pretty funny. Acknowledging it happened may improve your grasp of reality.

Another direct question: why do you think Cameron and the mayor of London were pissed off? Because they were liberal?

I repeat myself for this reason: I'm stating this because of SDW whining about how the press "excoriated him for telling the truth."

But that is wrong. He made a diplomatic **** up, pissed off the whole country, and that, dear boy, is the story. So the press report, "GOP goes to UK and pisses everyone off by breaking diplomatic norms," and SDW goes, "The press excoriate Romney for telling the truth."

Now, here is the leap. Then UK PM was not pissed off with Romney for "telling the truth" nor because the whole damn country is liberal, but because of that ancient diplomatic adage, "Don't call our cunts 'cunts'."
post #196 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

If you want to see the real Romney just click on this!

 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/49066551#49066551

 

How about this recording during a fund raiser that should make you see what kind of guy is running for President. Thank you Mr. Romney for making yourself so clear!lol.gif

 

He'll have to do a lot of damage control with this one. 47 precent don't pay income tax so he doesn't care about them! Great stuff!lol.gif

 

 

Enjoy!

 

 

It's 100% true.

Yup! Including the military, the elderly who live on SS!lol.gif Yup! He just alienated those voters. ( wink if I could ). It's almost time for the return of " The Republican party is on fire and it's raining gasoline! "lol.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #197 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Maybe Republicans don't really want to win (the Presidency)?

 

I've had this thought from time to time in this election. Sometimes these folks think a bit longer term than we give them credit for.

 

It's becoming more evident that we're about to head into another recession. This will be Obama's recession and will be the results of his policies not only not fixing the previous one but merely kicking the can down the road. Maybe the justice here is that he gets to get saddled with the consequences of his own policies.

 

Maybe the Republicans don't want to get saddled with that themselves. Maybe they figure watching another 4 years of the disaster that Obama is will ruin the Democrats for many years as Carter did.

 

Just a thought. Often there's more long-term gamesmanship than we might realize. For example, I don't think McCain was a serious effort by the Republicans. Maybe Romney isn't either.

 

 

All that said, it looks like CNN is in full Obama campaign mode this morning.

 

Aside from making these comments from Romney front page news (unlike similar comments made by Obama 4 years ago), it's time for some counter-campaigning on their part:

 

Meet the 47% and Just the facts

 

And...

 

"What's behind Mitt's meltdown?"

 

I don't think Obama has much to worry about what with CNN actively campaigning for him like this.

 

It's as I said before...this goes well beyond regular, run-of-the-mill bias.  This is outright advocacy.  The "meltdown" narrative is entirely media created.  Romney has been excoriated for speaking the truth on a host of subjects, from the London games, to Libya to the political realities of the 47% that pay no income tax.  He's said nothing inaccurate or all that surprising.  Hadn't we been hearing for months that the Games had suspect security?  Was the initial embassy statement appropriate?  Don't 47% of people pay no federal income tax?  Yet, the media has labeled them gaffes.  They follow that up by reporting on their own horrendously skewed polls, some of which show the opposite of what's actually happening.  

 

The real story is that Romney is actually winning.   If one uses correct sampling and turnout models, Romney is up by at least 5 points nationally. Given that 75%+ of undecided  votes break for challenger in almost every case (going back to the 1970s), Romney is actually up nationally by 7-8 points.    You won't hear this though.  It's all propaganda.   

lol.gif Before you get too excited :

 

Quote:
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama leads Romney nationally by 5 points http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/18/13944838-nbcwsj-poll-obama-leads-romney-nationally-by-5-points?lite ( Wink if I could )

Also :

 

 

Yeah if you just use those correct models! Where did you get them? FOX News?lol.gif

 

That Romney will say the darndest things! ( I really should have started a thread with that title )


Edited by jimmac - 9/18/12 at 5:38pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #198 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald II View Post

Yeah. Now listen up Trumptman.

I'm not sure you read my post. I never said I was pissed off.

What I did say was Romney came over to London and made a diplomatic ****-up that pissed off the whole country so badly the leader of the whole country went on TV, really pissed off, and bitch-slapped Romney.

With me so far? Because you're not addressing the, y'know, thing the post was about.

Now, I will point out the leader of the UK, David Cameron, is a conservative, and a Conservative.

Can I pause and ask if you are saying that David Cameron was pissed off by Romney because he is a liberal? Can I ask you that directly? Because that is what you are inferring.

ACTUALLY Romney pissed him off by making a diplomatic ****-up. And so the conservative PM bitch slapped him in front of the whole nation.

Would you like me to link to the video of Cameron, the elected leader of your closest ally, bitch-slapping your boy? It's pretty funny. Acknowledging it happened may improve your grasp of reality.

Another direct question: why do you think Cameron and the mayor of London were pissed off? Because they were liberal?

I repeat myself for this reason: I'm stating this because of SDW whining about how the press "excoriated him for telling the truth."

But that is wrong. He made a diplomatic **** up, pissed off the whole country, and that, dear boy, is the story. So the press report, "GOP goes to UK and pisses everyone off by breaking diplomatic norms," and SDW goes, "The press excoriate Romney for telling the truth."

Now, here is the leap. Then UK PM was not pissed off with Romney for "telling the truth" nor because the whole damn country is liberal, but because of that ancient diplomatic adage, "Don't call our cunts 'cunts'."

 

Of course I'm reading your posts and since you didn't even quote any aspect of mine nor post any proof of your contentions, then your doubling down on being pissed off and riled up doesn't do anything but prove my point.

 

I took issue with YOUR reasoning. Show me where I claimed the PM never made a statement or things of that nature. You presented this reasoning "Don't call our cunts 'cunts'." You said failing to follow it is a fvck up.

 

I said reality always wins. The EU is going bankrupt. The United States is going bankrupt. Hey you over there, don't point that out or people might zing you with a snarky comment or be outraged.

 

Reality always wins. If the governments of these countries and/or unions is going to survive, they must radically alter what they are doing because they have run out of money and demonizing people doesn't change that fact.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #199 of 1062

Yeah, we're talking about totally different things.

 

I'm talking about how SDW (and you, I guess) reckon the press excoriate Romney for telling the truth, when they excoriate Romney for fucking up (really badly). For example, *wether it's true or not* insulting your greatest ally is a ****-up.

 

How good the London Olympics were going to be has nothing to do with the balance sheet of the EU or US, do you see? Or is he allowed to break diplomatic norms and the rest of the world should suck it up, because that's how a President should speak? 

 

You want to talk about something else, how 'reality always wins.' Which is fine, but a different conversation, because I'm not talking about the truth or not of any statement, but how Romney makes loads of gaffes. Which have nothing to do with telling the truth about the economy, or anything else.

 

Do you see?

 

No. Didn't think so.

post #200 of 1062

Mittens dug up a video of Obama to divert attention... from 1998!  Many people's positions change over 14 years.  I mean heck, Mittens changes his opinion every three minutes.

 

They are beyond desperation now.  The are just swinging to see if they land a hit or two.

 

And I thought McCain's campaign was amateurish...

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win