or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win

Mitt Romney is Going to Win - Page 15

post #561 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Here's a former Obama voter who will be voting for Romney.

Why I'm voting for Mitt Romney.

1smile.gif

Quote:

Because of Romney's strong support for every Obama administration proposal designed to lift our country from the deep economic and financial crisis it has found itself in during the past four years.

The problem with that line of thinking is that it is a " deep " problem. No one Democrat or Republican could have pulled us out in just 4 years. After all this was brewing for much longer than that. When someone says something like that it shows they don't understand the magnitude of the issue ( or they're selling something ). This isn't like any other recession anyone under the age of 80 would have experienced. It's nothing like the recessions of the 70's, 80's,  or,  90's like Mr. Romney and the GOP would have you believe. It's possible someone else's approach might have moved things along faster but solve it in 4 years? That's such a joke.1oyvey.gif

Edited by jimmac - 10/20/12 at 12:53pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #562 of 1062

I have a smiley there because of the section the essay was logged under: comedy.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #563 of 1062

This question comes from a discussion I had with some friends yesterday who are closely watching the US election.  

Has anyone seen any articles about Mittens' relationship with his sons?  

Mittens himself said they were liars.

Ann said that they were very selfish when they were 18, 19, 20 (on The View).

Are there more examples of when they put down their own kids?  Like they put down so many people?

Edited by Bergermeister - 10/21/12 at 5:14am

post #564 of 1062

I see Berger has moved on to full on speculation without any substantiation of the Romney's parenting.

Nifty.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #565 of 1062

I hope you know what you are doing.Big mistake on your part voting for this BOSS which he is a control freak to say the least.Who wants a liar and a BOSS in the WH!

post #566 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

No, you're just wrong here. Gallup is already showing a drop off of 1% for Romney since the last debate and that was on the evening of Tuesday 16th. The current data is for the period Oct 12th - 18th.  That means two days from after the second debate and 5 days from before the 2nd debate. I think it's likely we'll see Obama up to 46% maybe even 47% and Romney down to 50% or 49%, even 48% by Tuesday. A day or two after that we'll begin to see the impacts of Mondays debate in the Gallup poll. And remember the Gallup likely voter poll is a true outlier poll at the moment. Remember too, swamping the south in votes won't effect the outcome because those states are largely already red.

It is close though, and could go either way. We'll see what happens on Monday and the new jobs figures 2 days before election day. I heard something about the unemployment rate dropping down to 7.3% but I'm not sure what that was going by. If true, that'll make a big impact.

More on the jobs numbers-

Mid-October unemployment rates.gif

"Gallup's mid-month unemployment numbers are a good early predictor of the monthly numbers released by the BLS. The decline in Gallup's unadjusted and adjusted employment rate suggests that the BLS may report another decline when it releases the October data on Nov. 2."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158060/unadjusted-unemployment-mid-october.aspx

LOL.  Half a percent in a month, despite jobless claims being back up this week?  Despite the past number making most sense?  LOL.  lol.gif

As for Gallup, you're just speculating.  There is virtually no difference in a 1% decline.  The point is he's over 50% and the incumbent is not.  Even former Mondale campaign manager admits that if Gallup is correct right now, it's over.    Hands, if you understood anything about statistics and data as they relate to reelection campaigns, you'd know that Obama probably going to lose at this point.  Unless there is some major October surprise, it's over.  Romney is going to win, probably in a land slide.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

All you members post these remarks against mainly Obama . Do you think it is easy to run a country especially if you are Black? Obama from the start had strike one against him with these southerner Mitch M saying he would be a onetime president .I think the whole dam GOP Party is prejudiced period.It really is starting to show now with these elections coming up.Putrid indeed!

Ahh, the race card.  Three times.  First it's hard because he's black, even though though helped to get him elected.  Then you derided McConnell as a "Southerner," implying he's a racist.  Then you said the entire GOP is racist.  Oh, and once again, "GOP Party" is redundant.  Jesus.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Obama is still going to win, but it will be by a much smaller margin than I originally thought.    Mitt wins more states, but he tends to win in the smaller states.   

The only states still in question are Florida (29 electoral votes), Ohio (18), Virginia (13), Colorado (9) and Iowa (6).

I'm giving Florida to Romney.

Without the other four states, Obama has 257.

If he wins Ohio, he wins (with 275)

If he wins Virginia, he wins (with 270)

If he wins Iowa and Colorado, he wins (with 272).

In order to lose, he'd have to either lose all of Ohio, Virginia and Colorado or lose all of Ohio, Virginia and Iowa.     Failing a major disaster between now and election day, that's not going to happen.   

And if by some miracle, Obama wins Florida, he can lose Ohio, Virginia, Colorado and Iowa and still win (with 286 electoral votes).   

So sorry Romney supporters, but I think it's over.    Mitt will have to try again in 2016, which he'd probably win easily because after eight years of a Democratic president, it will be almost impossible for any dem to win.  

Obama is going to lose VA, OH and probably PA as well.  Iowa, CO won't matter.  

Quote:

I have a smiley there because of the section the essay was logged under: comedy.

Don't expect him to understand that.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

I hope you know what you are doing.Big mistake on your part voting for this BOSS which he is a control freak to say the least.Who wants a liar and a BOSS in the WH!

Mitt Romney is a political boss?  LOL.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #567 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Obama is going to lose VA, OH and probably PA as well.  Iowa, CO won't matter.  

Not at the moment according to the average of all the polls-

PA

Obama 48.9%

Romney 44.6%

~ http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2012-pennsylvania-president-romney-vs-obama

Ohio-

Obama 48.3%

Romney 45.7%

~ http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2012-ohio-president-romney-vs-obama

VA-

Obama 47.4%

Romney 47.4%

~ http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2012-virginia-president-romney-vs-obama

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #568 of 1062
Quote:

Not at the moment according to the average of all the polls-

PA

Obama 48.9%

Romney 44.6%

~ http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2012-pennsylvania-president-romney-vs-obama

Ohio-

Obama 48.3%

Romney 45.7%

~ http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2012-ohio-president-romney-vs-obama

VA-

Obama 47.4%

Romney 47.4%

~ http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2012-virginia-president-romney-vs-obama

1. Susquehanna poll has Romney up 49-45. Sample was likely voters, 48% D, 42% R.

2. Ohio is 49-48 average, well within the margin.

3. VA is gone, and I think you know it.

4. Gallup back up to 52-45 Romney as of today.
post #569 of 1062

Paul Ryan got his photo op at the soup kitchen.

After the complaint about not having permission, donors stopped donating.

Yeah, good warm hearted people who care so much about their fellow man, but petty politics even more.

Sick.

Please donate and help the hungry; how is at the bottom of this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/21/soup-kitchen-facing-donor-backlash-paul-ryan-photo-op-gets-help-fark-fundraising_n_1993101.html

Edited by Bergermeister - 10/22/12 at 2:16pm

post #570 of 1062
Quote:

Paul Ryan got his photo op at the soup kitchen.

After the complaint about not having permission, donors stopped donating.

Yeah, good warm hearted people who care so much about their fellow man, but petty politics even more.

Sick.

Please donate and help the hungry; how is at the bottom of this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/21/soup-kitchen-facing-donor-backlash-paul-ryan-photo-op-gets-help-fark-fundraising_n_1993101.html

Desperate, Berg.  Desperate.  Meanwhile, there is another PA poll showing Romney winning.  WI is tied.  Michigan is within 1, as is Ohio.  Colorado is +4 Romney.  Gallup has been 51-45, 52-45, 51-45, 52-45 and 51-45 over the past five days.  Obama is stuck at 45% nationally, and that's assuming optimistic minority and Dem turnout.   

Unless Mitt Romney fathered a child out of wedlock with a crack whore, this race is over.  

post #571 of 1062

Romney tonight lol.gif -

"Is the Romney campaign running out of gas? Has his bubble burst? Is it all just hot air? (all puns welcome) ... A "blimp-like" aircraft carrying an advertisement for the Republican presidential candidate has made an emergency landing in Florida. The two people aboard got out safely when the aircraft landed in the town of Davie. Police Captain Dale Engle said the deflated aircraft carried an advertisement that read: "America needs Romney." No one on the ground was injured in the incident. Let's hope for Romney's sake this isn't a metaphor for his campaign (I'll stop now)."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9625048/US-presidential-debate-buildup-live.html

romney_2375735c.jpg

post #572 of 1062
Quote:

Unless Mitt Romney fathered a child out of wedlock with a crack whore, this race is over.  

I'm not sure I'd be that cocky about it. If anything, at this very moment, this looks like a repeat of 2000 (extremely close) with a slight edge to Obama (in the EC). Tonight's debate could change all of that. If Romney shows well and, especially if Obama tumbles, then I'd agree with with you. Things start to slide away from Obama and they get really desperate in the last 2 weeks.

post #573 of 1062

So good to see that Hands, like Berger, is focused on the substantive issues of the election.

post #574 of 1062
Quote:

1. Susquehanna poll has Romney up 49-45. Sample was likely voters, 48% D, 42% R.
2. Ohio is 49-48 average, well within the margin.
3. VA is gone, and I think you know it.
4. Gallup back up to 52-45 Romney as of today.

Just ignore the average of all the polls. Sheesh. 

And by the way, Gallup predicted in it's likely voter poll in 2010 that the repubs would win congress by 15%. Their registered voter poll was about 4.5%. The actual vote was the equivalent of 6%. It's obviously happening again now.

post #575 of 1062
post #576 of 1062
Quote:

Just ignore the average of all the polls. Sheesh. 

And by the way, Gallup predicted in it's likely voter poll in 2010 that the repubs would win congress by 15%. Their registered voter poll was about 4.5%. The actual vote was the equivalent of 6%. It's obviously happening again now.

1.  The average should concern you.  It shows a clear pro-Romney trend over the past two weeks.  The average of the polls also shows Romney with his first electoral lead, according to RCP.  

2.  Why is "obviously" happening, because that fits what you want to happen?  

post #577 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So good to see that Hands, like Berger, is focused on the substantive issues of the election.

You want substance? Here's substance, Romney style. What would you prefer, red or green?

Afghanistan

"January 14, 2011: Romney expresses opposition to the announcement of a troop drawdown. “It is my desire and my political party’s desire,” he says, “to support the people of Afghanistan and not to leave.”

June 2, 2011: When Romney officially announces his campaign for president, he says “announcing a withdrawal date was wrong” because “the Taliban may not have watches, but they do have calendars.

June 13, 2011: Romney takes the opposite stance on withdrawal, saying that it’s time for us to bring our troops home as soon as we possibly can” and that “Americans cannot fight another nation’s war of independence.”

November 22, 2011: Romney walks back his support for a speedy withdrawal, suggesting that America should leave 10,000 troops in Afghanistan after 2014: “This is not time for America to cut and run.

December 22, 2011: Romney once again embraces President Obama’s timeline, saying that “the timeline is that by the end of 2014, we will be completely be out of Afghanistan.”

February 28, 2012: Romney attacks President Obama for announcing the drawdown from Afghanistan, calling it his “biggest mistake.”

July 21, 2012: Romney refuses to explicitly commit to a 2014 timetable for troop withdrawal, although aides “say … he supports the timetable in concept.”

September 3, 2012: Romney says, We’ll bring our troops home by the end of 2014 while simultaneously criticizing President Obama for announcing the timeline for withdrawal.

October 8, 2012: Romney changes his website to include a “goal of completing the transition of combat operations to the Afghan army by the end of 2014.”

~ http://www.barackobama.com/truth-team

post #578 of 1062
Quote:

1.  The average should concern you.  It shows a clear pro-Romney trend over the past two weeks.  The average of the polls also shows Romney with his first electoral lead, according to RCP.  

2.  Why is "obviously" happening, because that fits what you want to happen?  

Saturdays polls mainly showed Obama gains. Since the first debate Romney's shot up, but as expected that's declined over the last few days, and will over the next few days too. After that we'll have tonights debate to factor in.

It's obvious because back in 2010 Gallup was way off from the other polls of that time too. Come on, they had the repubs wrong then by 9% points in their likely voter poll and they were the only one then too.

post #579 of 1062
We know Romney has closed the gap. A lot of gap from 3 rounds of debates where he makes the most centrist sense while Obama plays some "dance with the devil in the pale moonlight" game trying to come out Left when it's unraveling before his eyes.
post #580 of 1062
Quote:

You want substance? Here's substance, Romney style. What would you prefer, red or green?

Afghanistan

"January 14, 2011: Romney expresses opposition to the announcement of a troop drawdown. “It is my desire and my political party’s desire,” he says, “to support the people of Afghanistan and not to leave.”

June 2, 2011: When Romney officially announces his campaign for president, he says “announcing a withdrawal date was wrong” because “the Taliban may not have watches, but they do have calendars.

June 13, 2011: Romney takes the opposite stance on withdrawal, saying that it’s time for us to bring our troops home as soon as we possibly can” and that “Americans cannot fight another nation’s war of independence.”

November 22, 2011: Romney walks back his support for a speedy withdrawal, suggesting that America should leave 10,000 troops in Afghanistan after 2014: “This is not time for America to cut and run.

December 22, 2011: Romney once again embraces President Obama’s timeline, saying that “the timeline is that by the end of 2014, we will be completely be out of Afghanistan.”

February 28, 2012: Romney attacks President Obama for announcing the drawdown from Afghanistan, calling it his “biggest mistake.”

July 21, 2012: Romney refuses to explicitly commit to a 2014 timetable for troop withdrawal, although aides “say … he supports the timetable in concept.”

September 3, 2012: Romney says, We’ll bring our troops home by the end of 2014 while simultaneously criticizing President Obama for announcing the timeline for withdrawal.

October 8, 2012: Romney changes his website to include a “goal of completing the transition of combat operations to the Afghan army by the end of 2014.”

~ http://www.barackobama.com/truth-team

The Obama Truth team?  LOL.  At least try.    Despite the "Truth Team" and its hack job, Romney's posiiton has been consistent.  He has stated that he favors a timetable, but one that may change due to conditions on the ground.  He would not make a Biden-esque statement that "we're leaving, period."   He also wanted to see the timetable done privately, so the Afgahn forces can plan, but not so that the enemy just waits us out.   

And speaking of troop levels, what about Iraq?  The President favored a SoFA with Iraq, which would have kept some troops in country.  The President failed to get one, and now Iraq (which cost over 4,000 American lives a $1.25 Trillion) is deteriorating.  Romney favored the SoFA, and Obama has attacked him for it, claiming he wanted "20,000" troops, but also "10,000" troops in last night's debate alone.   

post #581 of 1062
Quote:

Saturdays polls mainly showed Obama gains. Since the first debate Romney's shot up, but as expected that's declined over the last few days, and will over the next few days too. After that we'll have tonights debate to factor in.

It's obvious because back in 2010 Gallup was way off from the other polls of that time too. Come on, they had the repubs wrong then by 9% points in their likely voter poll and they were the only one then too.

1.  Show me these polls.  

2.  This is what you're pinning your hopes to?  OK, tell ya what.  Forget Gallup.  Let's use Rasmussen.  It's only 50-46 Romney for that one.   

post #582 of 1062
Quote:

No, you're just wrong here. Gallup is already showing a drop off of 1% for Romney since the last debate and that was on the evening of Tuesday 16th. The current data is for the period Oct 12th - 18th.  That means two days from after the second debate and 5 days from before the 2nd debate. I think it's likely we'll see Obama up to 46% maybe even 47% and Romney down to 50% or 49%, even 48% by Tuesday. A day or two after that we'll begin to see the impacts of Mondays debate in the Gallup poll. 

@ SDW 

Looks like I was right-

"Romney takes 50 percent over Obama at 47, in the poll of likely voters released Wednesday. That’s the closest Gallup’s likely voter tracking survey has been since Oct. 14. Romney had maintained leads of between 5 and 7 points over the last seven days."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/263861-gallup-poll-obama-cuts-into-romneys-national-lead

post #583 of 1062
Quote:

1.  Show me these polls.  

2.  This is what you're pinning your hopes to?  OK, tell ya what.  Forget Gallup.  Let's use Rasmussen.  It's only 50-46 Romney for that one.   

That Rasmussen poll is now almost the exact same as the likely voters poll from Gallup, 50-47. Gallups registered voter poll now has Obama in the lead by 1%. These polls will also continue to climb for Obama because they haven't reflected the final debate yet, where Obama again trounced Romney, and that's not just my opinion, it's reflected in the polls too.

BTW Did you notice how Romney shied away from the Benghazi attacks he's been making, in the final debate? According to the right here, that was a death blow issue to Obama and of course the overtly rightwing media cronies from their numerous outlets . He never even brought it up. The reason being, that it was a bullshit twisted fabrication, that no moral, and yes indeed patriotic politician would ever stoop to. Romney knew he was going to be even more exposed for his cynical tactics than he was in the second debate. 

post #584 of 1062
Quote:

That Rasmussen poll is now almost the exact same as the likely voters poll from Gallup, 50-47. Gallups registered voter poll now has Obama in the lead by 1%. These polls will also continue to climb for Obama because they haven't reflected the final debate yet, where Obama again trounced Romney, and that's not just my opinion, it's reflected in the polls too.

BTW Did you notice how Romney shied away from the Benghazi attacks he's been making, in the final debate? According to the right here, that was a death blow issue to Obama and of course the overtly rightwing media cronies from their numerous outlets . He never even brought it up. The reason being, that it was a bullshit twisted fabrication, that no moral, and yes indeed patriotic politician would ever stoop to. Romney knew he was going to be even more exposed for his cynical tactics than he was in the second debate. 

LOL. Your candidate is under 50% in all the major polls. Incumbents under 50% at this point lose. Moreover the undecided vote is going to break for Romney by a margin of at least 70 to 30%. AND, The Gallup and Rasmussen polls are still over-sampling Democrats and minority turn out, and underestimating Republican turnout. Romney is going to win this election by 8 to 10 points. You are really getting desperate now, Hands. And it's amusing.

As for Libya, what the **** are you talking about? Obama is absolutely taking it on the chin over this--as he should-- because he clearly lied, as did many other members of the administration. Romney used the strategy of letting Obama hang himself with Libya. In the process, he did something more important than winning the debate. He won the battle to see who would be a better president. Obama looks petulant, angry and condescending. Romney looked like the President. Obama looked like a desperate challenger. Now we have two weeks of media coverage showing Obama's unbelievable failures in Libya and on his foreign-policy general.

This is getting fun.
post #585 of 1062
Quote:

Quote:

LOL. Your candidate is under 50% in all the major polls. Incumbents under 50% at this point lose. Moreover the undecided vote is going to break for Romney by a margin of at least 70 to 30%. AND, The Gallup and Rasmussen polls are still over-sampling Democrats and minority turn out, and underestimating Republican turnout. Romney is going to win this election by 8 to 10 points. You are really getting desperate now, Hands. And it's amusing.

As for Libya, what the **** are you talking about? Obama is absolutely taking it on the chin over this--as he should-- because he clearly lied, as did many other members of the administration. Romney used the strategy of letting Obama hang himself with Libya. In the process, he did something more important than winning the debate. He won the battle to see who would be a better president. Obama looks petulant, angry and condescending. Romney looked like the President. Obama looked like a desperate challenger. Now we have two weeks of media coverage showing Obama's unbelievable failures in Libya and on his foreign-policy general.

This is getting fun.

What's actually fun is watching the way you guys see the same debates, news reports and poll results and draw such absolute and diametrically opposite conclusions that apparently brook no uncertainties at all. It's like listening to trash-talk at a football game.

post #586 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

What's actually fun is watching the way you guys see the same debates, news reports and poll results and draw such absolute and diametrically opposite conclusions that apparently brook no uncertainties at all. It's like listening to trash-talk at a football game.

With all respect, you don't understand US politics.  Romney is going to win.  Even Obama knows that at this point. 

post #587 of 1062
Quote:

Quote:

With all respect, you don't understand US politics.  Romney is going to win.  Even Obama knows that at this point. 

If you say so.

post #588 of 1062
C'mon guys, I've now watched all four debates including the VP debate. The Obama-Biden campaign has definitely hit some mud.

Romney and Ryan just make sense. Obama-Biden are trying to be too "clever" and this has cost them the past month of campaigning.

I would be very surprised if as of today things are real 50-50 at least for both sides.
post #589 of 1062
Two registered Republicans here ... Voted for Obama today. Just can't get over the lying & flip flopping!
post #590 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmar View Post

Two registered Republicans here ... Voted for Obama today. Just can't get over the lying & flip flopping!

So you don't like lying and flip-flopping, and you voted for....Obama? LOL.  lol.gif

post #591 of 1062
Quote:

If you say so.

Look at and listen to Obama.  Tell me I'm wrong.  He's gone full negative now.  He's talking about how he doesn't want to lose the election in fundraising e-mails. He's saying "Michelle and I will be fine regardless of what happens in this election."   Look at the polls, particularly the trajectory in women and independents.   Romney currently stands to win every major swing state (keep in mind that a tie is actually a 2-3 point lead for the challenger in almost all cases).   Privately, the Democrats are panicking.  

post #592 of 1062

Don't be to sure about Romney winning yet. The big dog is helping Obama and people who have brains listen to him intently.Another intelligent man backed Obama today Colin Powell who said Romney has no real feeling about foreign affairs.He sure is right.

post #593 of 1062

BREAKING NEWS

US Economy grew faster than expected.

Not great yet, but it is improving.

Countdown to a GOPper calling the numbers rigged...  or that the numbers are bad.

No, these numbers do not mean the economy is fixed.  They mean it is getting better.  

Lots of Republicans probably just had a heart attack.  Sad that they would want bad numbers to bolster their election chances.

post #594 of 1062
Quote:

BREAKING NEWS

US Economy grew faster than expected.

Not great yet, but it is improving.

Countdown to a GOPper calling the numbers rigged...  or that the numbers are bad.

No, these numbers do not mean the economy is fixed.  They mean it is getting better.  

Lots of Republicans probably just had a heart attack.  Sad that they would want bad numbers to bolster their election chances.

We don't really need Republicans to critique this news. Let's see what right-wing, conservative source NBC News says:

Quote:
Economic growth picked up in the third quarter as a late burst in consumer spending offset the first cutbacks in investment in more than a year by cautious businesses.

Let's actually stop right here. This is actually bad news. Contrary to what the MSM tells everyone, it is not consumer spending that "drives the economy" it is business investment. What this line right here told us is that the future is probably looking dimmer, not brighter.

Quote:
The stronger pace of expansion, however, fell short of what is needed to make much of a dent in unemployment, and offers little cheer for the White House ahead of the closely contested November 6 presidential election.

Gross domestic product expanded at a 2.0 percent annual rate, the Commerce Department said on Friday, accelerating from the second quarter's 1.3 percent pace. A pace in excess of 2.5 percent is needed over several quarters to make substantial headway cutting the jobless rate.

Is this "good" news? Hardly? It's slightly less bad news. But I go back to that very first line about business investment. That's bad news!

And here's more "good" news:

Quote:
High stock prices and firming house values have made households a bit more willing to take on new debt, supporting consumer spending. However, incomes were squeezed in the last quarter, causing households to save less to fund their purchases.

The amount of income available to households after accounting for inflation and taxes rose at a tepid 0.8 percent rate in the third quarter, slowing for a brisk 3.1 percent pace the prior period. The saving rate slowed to a 3.7 percent rate after increasing 4 percent in the second quarter.

This is a bad sign, not a good sign.

Quote:
Part of the drag in business investment, which had been a source of strength for the economy, came from equipment and software, where outlays were the weakest since the second quarter of 2009.

Again, more bad news (looking forward.)

Quote:
In contrast, home building surged at a 14.4 percent rate, thanks in large part to the Federal Reserve's ultra accommodative monetary policy stance, which has driven mortgage rates to record lows.

Translation: The Fed is trying to create another housing bubble by keeping interest rate artificially low.

And then there's the spike in defense spending also.

Yeah, this is "good" news. 1rolleyes.gif

Edited by MJ1970 - 10/26/12 at 2:33pm

post #595 of 1062

post #596 of 1062
Quote:

Romney runs ads in Minnesota.

My understanding is the buy is actually directed at the extreme Western edge of Wisconsin, where the polls are now tied.  Romney won't win Minnesota in all likelihood.  But he's probably going to win Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio.  PA is going to be razor close.  He has a chance.  If he wins all four, the race is over.  

post #597 of 1062
Quote:

My understanding is the buy is actually directed at the extreme Western edge of Wisconsin, where the polls are now tied.  Romney won't win Minnesota in all likelihood.

Romney won't win Minnesota at all (no likelihood at all.) That's not what was interesting to me. Your explanation (if correct) gives it different meaning than I thought.

post #598 of 1062

Mittens didn't (doesn't?) like the children of gays.

"I've never stood before someone who had no capacity for empathy."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michelangelo-signorile/romney-some-gays-are-actu_b_2022314.html

Edited by Bergermeister - 10/27/12 at 6:09am

post #599 of 1062
Quote:

Romney won't win Minnesota at all (no likelihood at all.) That's not what was interesting to me. Your explanation (if correct) gives it different meaning than I thought.

I don't agree with that (no likelihood).  Obama has a single digit lead there (4-7 points), which is just outside the margin.  Again, very unlikely...but possible.  Probably splitting hairs though, so let's move on.  As for the explanation, I'm trying to remember where I heard it.  It may have been a Karl Rove explanation (think what people might, he's an extremely astute analyst particularly with voting microanalysis).  I think they definitely believe they can win Wisconsin, and are probably in the lead there.  Keep in mind that 48-48 is not a tie when we have an incumbent President.  That's more like 51-48 due to undecided voters.  

post #600 of 1062
Quote:

I don't agree with that (no likelihood). 

Then I have to assume you're delusional. Romney is not going to win Minnesota. 

Quote:

Obama has a single digit lead there (4-7 points), which is just outside the margin.  Again, very unlikely...but possible.

Perhaps the probability is not exactly zero, but it is low enough to be effectively zero. I'm pretty sure you know that's what I meant.

Quote:

Probably splitting hairs though, so let's move on.

Now you say that. 1hmm.gif

Quote:

As for the explanation, I'm trying to remember where I heard it.  It may have been a Karl Rove explanation (think what people might, he's an extremely astute analyst particularly with voting microanalysis).  I think they definitely believe they can win Wisconsin, and are probably in the lead there.  Keep in mind that 48-48 is not a tie when we have an incumbent President.  That's more like 51-48 due to undecided voters.  

You appear to have completely missed the point.

Why do you think I posted that information?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win