or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mitt Romney is Going to Win - Page 23

post #881 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Scandalous!  Reprehensible!  Disgusting!  Unprecedented!  

But not unexpected. 1wink.gif

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #882 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

But not unexpected. 1wink.gif

 

Do you really want to go into this, Hands?  Do you really want me to start digging up all the campaign finance disputes with various candidates?  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #883 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

Do you really want to go into this, Hands?  Do you really want me to [commit a tu quoque fallacy]?  

No, I'd like you to condemn the Romney campaign for something that it did wrong--something which you seem completely incapable of doing.  

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #884 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

No, I'd like you to condemn the Romney campaign for something that it did wrong--something which you seem completely incapable of doing.  

 

I'm supposed to condemn the Romney campaign because of a letter alleging overcharging?  We don't have the whole story here.  All we have is a letter that paints the campaign in a bad light.  It's quite possible that news organizations were overcharged deliberately by the campaign.  In that case, the people responsible should be held accountable.  I'll be happy to "condemn" them if that's the case.  

 

My point, which was not a tu quoque fallacy, was simply that this kind of crap goes on all the time...yet Hands only seems concerned about it when he gets to associated Republicans and/or Romney with such events.  Shocker.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #885 of 1062

Saying "it goes on all the time" is another way of saying "others do it" which is EXACTLY a tu quoque fallacy.  

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #886 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Saying "it goes on all the time" is another way of saying "others do it" which is EXACTLY a tu quoque fallacy.  

 

No, it's not...because I am not justifying it on those grounds (if the accusations are in fact true).  I'm simply noting Hands' obvious and ridiculous bias and double standards.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #887 of 1062

You are attempting to discredit Hands' position by pointing out what you believe is hypocrisy because others do it.  THAT IS A TU QUOQUE FALLACY.  

 

From wikipedia...

 

Tu quoque (play /tˈkwkw/),[1] (Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logicalfallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency, and not the position presented,[2] whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit their position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument.[3] To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, this does not invalidate their argument.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #888 of 1062
Thread Starter 

BR, I really don't think you understand what a tu quoque fallacy is.  I am not accusing Hands of hypocrisy.  I am not justifying the alleged misconduct of the campaign by stating that others do it.  What I am saying is that Hands is cherry picking this incident in order to fuel his recent post-election victory dance.  He is employing a double standard.  I am furthermore asking if he really wants to get into a full discussion of alleged campaign misconduct.  I suspect that answer is no, because he's clearly only interested in what looks bad for his political opposition...as are you.

 

A true tu quoque fallacy would involve me justifying and/or defending the alleged behavior of the campaign on the grounds that others have done similar things.  Alternately, it would be engaging in said fallacy if I justified or defended the alleged behavior because Hands himself had engaged in similar behavior.   Neither is the case.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #889 of 1062
You are avoiding Hands' point by saying others do it. That's fucking textbook tu quoque.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #890 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You are avoiding Hands' point by saying others do it. That's fucking textbook tu quoque.

He has a point?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #891 of 1062
I'll take that as tacit admission of your tu quoqu.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #892 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I'll take that as tacit admission of your tu quoqu.

 

Wow...this is pointless.  Goodbye.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #893 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

Wow...this is pointless.  Goodbye.  

Yes, your tu quoque and inability to question the truthfulness and propriety of the Romney campaign are pointless.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #894 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

Do you really want to go into this, Hands?  Do you really want me to [commit a tu quoque fallacy]?  

No, I'd like you to condemn the Romney campaign for something that it did wrong--something which you seem completely incapable of doing.  

 

A dispute is not an admission or wrong doing nor proof of wrong doing. Pull your head out because talking about logical fallacies while making such ridiculous claims just makes you look terrible. The letter basically states that the news organizations approved the charges without looking at them or caring about them and then when they got the charges, they thought they were too high. Please explain how that is proof of wrong doing. It is a claim put forward by yourself and Hands. Support it or expect it to be treated as an unsupported claim.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You are attempting to discredit Hands' position by pointing out what you believe is hypocrisy because others do it.  THAT IS A TU QUOQUE FALLACY.  

 

From wikipedia...

 

Tu quoque (play /tˈkwkw/),[1] (Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logicalfallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency, and not the position presented,[2] whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit their position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument.[3] To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, this does not invalidate their argument.

 

It's the height of irony and sort of an early Christmas present to me that you now realize that hypocrisy, aka the premise of every false outrage thread you've started for the last few years, is a logical fallacy. Thanks so much for the Christmas present BR. This post is proof you can never plead ignorance about this topic again. I'd almost call it proof of God as well for it to be coming from someone like yourself.

 

You've made my Christmas very Merry BR! Thanks so much!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #895 of 1062

So apparently we have a specialized infraction preset for PoliticalOutsider that gives 8 points for an ad-hom. 

 

Not knowing any of the parties here very well, having my own assumption that this is generally what goes on here all the time, and it being the Christmas season and all, I didn't use that.

 

Questioning someone's mental health generally means you don't have an argument.

Devolving to base insults in response generally means the same. 

 

I do apologize for the length of time this was allowed to go on, however.

post #896 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So apparently we have a specialized infraction preset for PoliticalOutsider that gives 8 points for an ad-hom. 

 

Probably too much.  

 

 


 

 

Quote:
Not knowing any of the parties here very well, having my own assumption that this is generally what goes on here all the time, and it being the Christmas season and all, I didn't use that.

 

Probably a good idea.  It does go on, though at times it's worse.  

 

 

 

Quote:
Questioning someone's mental health generally means you don't have an argument.

 

I think if you reread, you'll agree Trump's comments were tongue-in-cheek.   He tends to have well thought-out arguments. 

 

 

Quote:
Devolving to base insults in response generally means the same

 

I agree, though the problem seems to be that we make no distinction between simple name calling (and/or snarkiness, poking fun) and constant bashing of someone's intelligence, religious beliefs, etc.  The latter is a favorite tactic of certain members here.  It seems to go unnoticed and unpunished.  

 

 

 

Quote:
I do apologize for the length of time this was allowed to go on, however.

 

Appreciate your efforts.  As far as I'm concerned, no apology is needed.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #897 of 1062

SDW, please stop making excuses for Trumpet's atrocious behavior.  Bullshit his comments were tongue in cheek.  Furthermore, criticizing religious belief is not a personal attack.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #898 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

SDW, please stop making excuses for Trumpet's atrocious behavior.  Bullshit his comments were tongue in cheek.  Furthermore, criticizing religious belief is not a personal attack.

If you can't see he was poking fun, I can't help you. If you are just expressing mock outrage, I can't help that either.

And BR, you do far more than "criticize religious belief." You constantly demean anyone who believes. You call them stupid, childish, ignorant, illogical and brainwashed. Of course, this only applies to Christians. Muslim extremists, who f*****g MURDER PEOPLE get a pass. So please, save the sob story. Grow up.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #899 of 1062

Bullshit, SDW.  All of it.  Especially the part about Muslim extremists getting a pass.  For ****'s sake SDW.  I feel like I'm talking to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity when we converse.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #900 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

SDW, please stop making excuses for Trumpet's atrocious behavior.  Bullshit his comments were tongue in cheek.  Furthermore, criticizing religious belief is not a personal attack.

 

This attemped reasoning is a little sad and tired. It amounts to when I do it, my intentions are good so it doesn't really count.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #901 of 1062

I am not saying that a person is stupid.  I'm saying that certain beliefs are stupid.  You literally said I was mentally ill and was potentially a spree-killer.  Those are very different things.   

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #902 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Bullshit, SDW.  All of it.  Especially the part about Muslim extremists getting a pass.  For ****'s sake SDW.  I feel like I'm talking to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity when we converse.

 

Are you claiming you condemn Muslims equally for their beliefs?  You have to be kidding.  Once again, sorry you feel that way about my take on the comments.  I think it's clear to most people that he was poking fun at you.  I doubt trump actually thinks you need mental health assistance.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I am not saying that a person is stupid.  I'm saying that certain beliefs are stupid. 

 

Lie.  You have openly stated that people who believe in God are less intelligent.  

 

 

 

Quote:
 You literally said I was mentally ill and was potentially a spree-killer.  Those are very different things.

 

  I said nothing of the kind, other than a quip about not understanding he was joking maybe proving you needed help (again, joking).  He did not say you were a potential spree-killer.  Get real.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #903 of 1062

Mitt Romney is not going to win the election. Granted, that is the outcome I want. But this statement is based on empirical and anecdotal data. When one looks that data, one can see that any other outcome is very unlikely.  

 

The List (which is my own...not copied).

 

1. The election already happened and Mitt Romney lost.

 

By just about any data point (anecdotal or otherwise), Mitt Romney is not going to win.

post #904 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I am not saying that a person is stupid.

 

Actually you have declared people to be too stupid to be trusted with their own rights.

 

 

Quote:
 I'm saying that certain beliefs are stupid.

 

How is that any different than saying certain beliefs are dangerous, violent or enabling? You reported such posts as personal attacks. The hypocrisy astounds!

 

 

Quote:
You literally said I was mentally ill and was potentially a spree-killer.  Those are very different things.  

 

No one said that. I said the beliefs were similar and that if prevention or action should be taken against one, then it should against other. This is again, no different from what you do all the time. I hope you realize it because the last several times a poster of your persuasion has begged for hard moderation, they got themselves banned because they couldn't see or stop excusing their own actions.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #905 of 1062

Mittens didn't really want to be president. 

 

 

Of course he did, you say?

 

Not according to one of his closest advisors: his own son.

 

 

But he ran because he loves his tax breaks country.  Tagg prefaced that by saying Mittens loves God... what that has with running for president I dunno; if it does, then they had no concept of separation of church and state.

 

 

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg,

 

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/president/2012/12/23/the-story-behind-mitt-romney-loss-the-presidential-campaign-president-obama/2QWkUB9pJgVIi1mAcIhQjL/story.html

 

You can't make this stuff up.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #906 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Mittens didn't really want to be president. 

 

 

Of course he did, you say?

 

Not according to one of his closest advisors: his own son.

 

 

But he ran because he loves his tax breaks country.  Tagg prefaced that by saying Mittens loves God... what that has with running for president I dunno; if it does, then they had no concept of separation of church and state.

 

 

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg,

 

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/president/2012/12/23/the-story-behind-mitt-romney-loss-the-presidential-campaign-president-obama/2QWkUB9pJgVIi1mAcIhQjL/story.html

 

You can't make this stuff up.

 

Must you?  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #907 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Mittens didn't really want to be president. 

 

 

Of course he did, you say?

 

Not according to one of his closest advisors: his own son.

 

 

But he ran because he loves his tax breaks country.  Tagg prefaced that by saying Mittens loves God... what that has with running for president I dunno; if it does, then they had no concept of separation of church and state.

 

 

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg,

 

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/president/2012/12/23/the-story-behind-mitt-romney-loss-the-presidential-campaign-president-obama/2QWkUB9pJgVIi1mAcIhQjL/story.html

 

You can't make this stuff up.

 

Must you?  

 

I really think it's time to let this thread die. SDW got it wrong, he's been hammered for it, so has Mitt, time to move on.

post #908 of 1062

The thread shouldn't die until the lessons from the election are actually learned.  Republicans continue to behave--as witnessed in these "fiscal cliff" negotiations--as if Obama didn't get a clear mandate from the American people to raise taxes on the rich without making the poor and middle class suffer for it.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #909 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

SDW got it wrong.

Excuse me but you have obviously not read his signature.  lol.gif

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
Reply
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
Reply
post #910 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post

Excuse me but you have obviously not read his signature.  lol.gif

Until SDW changes his signature to "To save time, assume I know everything nothing", this thread will have been in vain.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #911 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Mittens didn't really want to be president. 

 

 

Of course he did, you say?

 

Not according to one of his closest advisors: his own son.

 

 

But he ran because he loves his tax breaks country.  Tagg prefaced that by saying Mittens loves God... what that has with running for president I dunno; if it does, then they had no concept of separation of church and state.

 

 

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg,

 

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/president/2012/12/23/the-story-behind-mitt-romney-loss-the-presidential-campaign-president-obama/2QWkUB9pJgVIi1mAcIhQjL/story.html

 

You can't make this stuff up.

 

Must you?  

Are you surprised? The jigg is up with the way the GOP has been acting for years now.1wink.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #912 of 1062

It has been 2 months and the GOP still hasn't learned any lessons from the last election.  Anyone care to admit that Romney ran one of the most dishonest campaigns in history?  That's the first step toward healing.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #913 of 1062

A few amazing "Yes We Can", or should that be "Yes We Did" images-

 

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #914 of 1062
Thread Starter 

Is gloating really necessary?  It's not like things are going swimmingly for your pal, or the nation for that matter.  I'm getting ready to get my $100 lower paycheck this week.  Funny, I'm not rich, but my taxes are going up.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #915 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Is gloating really necessary?  It's not like things are going swimmingly for your pal, or the nation for that matter.  I'm getting ready to get my $100 lower paycheck this week.  Funny, I'm not rich, but my taxes are going up.  

 

Quote:

Is gloating really necessary?

With all of the stuff you and the other conservative types have said about myself and others ( inaccurate comments about how I'm always wrong, don't back up my facts, and Obama hasn't got a prayer in the world to win plus the change in the way the GOP is being viewed by the voting public ) in the past year or so ( and when you start thread titles like " Mitt Romney is Going To Win " or the other favorite " Dead Man Walking " ) Yes! I do think a little gloating is in order! Had you and ( No names please ) been a little bit more reasonable it might be different but you were anything but reasonable about this situation. You were wrong, You spared no smart ass comment,  you should have been prepared for this, and now it's time to pay the piper SDW.1wink.gif

 

Turn about is fair play and pay back's a bitch.


Edited by jimmac - 1/7/13 at 4:21pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #916 of 1062

Jimmac, let's step back a second though and agree that when they actually learn a few lessons from this, it'd be reasonable to stop bringing it up.  They still won't admit that Mitt Romney's campaign was one of the most dishonest in history.  They still won't admit that Nate Silver and Princeton's Election Statistics Department are unbiased.  

 

If they learned their lessons, this thread would stop getting bumped every month.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #917 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Jimmac, let's step back a second though and agree that when they actually learn a few lessons from this, it'd be reasonable to stop bringing it up.  They still won't admit that Mitt Romney's campaign was one of the most dishonest in history.  They still won't admit that Nate Silver and Princeton's Election Statistics Department are unbiased.  

 

If they learned their lessons, this thread would stop getting bumped every month.

Well one can only try to draw it to their attention. That's all one can do I'm afraid. Maybe another few lost elections ( or house seats ) might get their attention.1wink.gif

 

And yes I'm sure they haven't learned a thing and think this was all just a fluke.


Edited by jimmac - 1/7/13 at 4:49pm
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #918 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Is gloating really necessary?  It's not like things are going swimmingly for your pal, or the nation for that matter.  I'm getting ready to get my $100 lower paycheck this week.  Funny, I'm not rich, but my taxes are going up.  
You're a liar. Explain exactly how and why you're getting $100 less.

It's certainly not your "paycheck", meaning your salary, unless you've been demoted. It's not your after tax take home pay on that paycheck. It may be your investments, but if you're earning enough liquid assets on your investments to be earning $100 less due to the policies of the Obama administration, then to say you're not rich is... Well, let's say it's relative. In any case, calling those investments your "paycheck" is still a lie.
Edited by tonton - 1/7/13 at 8:15pm
post #919 of 1062

Nice to see this old friend back on the front page.  Puts a smile on my dial every time.

 

Mittens 4 teh winz!  

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
Reply
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
Reply
post #920 of 1062
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

 

With all of the stuff you and the other conservative types have said about myself and others ( inaccurate comments about how I'm always wrong, don't back up my facts, 

 

I never claimed you are "always" wrong.  I don't know what "backing up facts" means.  I do know you don't tend to support for claims and arguments with data.  

 

 

 

Quote:

and Obama hasn't got a prayer in the world to win plus the change in the way the GOP is being viewed by the voting public ) in the past year or so ( and when you start thread titles like " Mitt Romney is Going To Win " or the other favorite " Dead Man Walking " ) Yes! I do think a little gloating is in order! Had you and ( No names please ) been a little bit more reasonable it might be different but you were anything but reasonable about this situation. You were wrong, You spared no smart ass comment,  you should have been prepared for this, and now it's time to pay the piper SDW.1wink.gif

 

Turn about is fair play and pay back's a bitch.

 

Payback...for what?  I ended up being wrong.  I fail to see why that would qualify for "payback."  

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by BR View Post

Jimmac, let's step back a second though and agree that when they actually learn a few lessons from this, it'd be reasonable to stop bringing it up.  They still won't admit that Mitt Romney's campaign was one of the most dishonest in history.  

 

I don't agree his campaign was dishonest.  In fact, Obama's campaign and Presidency were and are the most dishonest I've ever seen.  Obama lied to your face, and still is doing so.  

 

 

 

Quote:

They still won't admit that Nate Silver and Princeton's Election Statistics Department are unbiased.  

 

 

I don't know if they are "unbiased," but they turned out to be correct.  

 

Quote:

 

If they learned their lessons, this thread would stop getting bumped every month. 

 

I see.  Much easier than making an actual argument, hmmm? 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You're a liar. Explain exactly how and why you're getting $100 less.
It's certainly not your "paycheck", meaning your salary, unless you've been demoted. It's not your after tax take home pay on that paycheck. It may be your investments, but if you're earning enough liquid assets on your investments to be earning $100 less due to the policies of the Obama administration, then to say you're not rich is... Well, let's say it's relative. In any case, calling those investments your "paycheck" is still a lie.

 

I am getting less due to the payroll tax cut expiration.  To be fair, I should note that I'm poking fun at Obama supporters who are flipping out...I never supported the cut to begin with.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win