or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win

Mitt Romney is Going to Win - Page 24

post #921 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

With all of the stuff you and the other conservative types have said about myself and others ( inaccurate comments about how I'm always wrong, don't back up my facts, 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Jimmac, let's step back a second though and agree that when they actually learn a few lessons from this, it'd be reasonable to stop bringing it up.  They still won't admit that Mitt Romney's campaign was one of the most dishonest in history.  

I don't agree his campaign was dishonest.  In fact, Obama's campaign and Presidency were and are the most dishonest I've ever seen.  Obama lied to your face, and still is doing so.  

Quote:
They still won't admit that Nate Silver and Princeton's Election Statistics Department are unbiased.  

I don't know if they are "unbiased," but they turned out to be correct.  
Quote:
If they learned their lessons, this thread would stop getting bumped every month. 

I see.  Much easier than making an actual argument, hmmm? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You're a liar. Explain exactly how and why you're getting $100 less.

It's certainly not your "paycheck", meaning your salary, unless you've been demoted. It's not your after tax take home pay on that paycheck. It may be your investments, but if you're earning enough liquid assets on your investments to be earning $100 less due to the policies of the Obama administration, then to say you're not rich is... Well, let's say it's relative. In any case, calling those investments your "paycheck" is still a lie.

I am getting less due to the payroll tax cut expiration.  To be fair, I should note that I'm poking fun at Obama supporters who are flipping out...I never supported the cut to begin with.  
So you're getting less due to a position of compromise on the part of Obama, a position the republicans demanded, and you're using that as an example of how Obama's policies affect you negatively? Gee, that's not at all intellectually dishonest of you no, sir. No wonder you don't recognize Romney's campaign as dishonest. Apparently you're not so clear on the concept.
post #922 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post

Yay, back on the first page! And bumped by the person who really should let things lie. Says a lot about the OP and the grandiose claim.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Says a lot about you--calling someone stupid for getting something wrong. Your post has been reported. Good day.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #923 of 1062
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post

Yay, back on the first page! And bumped by the person who really should let things lie. Says a lot about the OP and the grandiose claim.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Says a lot about you--calling someone stupid for getting something wrong. Your post has been reported. Good day.

But SDW you're always calling someone something.1wink.gif

Plenty of evidence for that.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #924 of 1062
Quote:

Oh noes!

lol.gif

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #925 of 1062

Despite claims to the contrary, Romney's giant lie about Jeep remains a giant lie.  The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem.  It's time to finally admit that Romney's campaign was hugely fucking dishonest.

Happy anniversary.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #926 of 1062

Everything about Romney's campaign was crooked and not on the level.he is good and corrupt himself.He is ashamed to be seen in public as you have noticed lately.

post #927 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Everything about Romney's campaign was crooked and not on the level.he is good and corrupt himself.He is ashamed to be seen in public as you have noticed lately.

His refusing to release his tax records is a far bigger scandal than his defenders will ever admit.
post #928 of 1062
Huge scandal. Much bigger than Fast and Furious, Benghazi, or assuming authority to assassinate U.S. citizens without due process. Thank goodness we have Obama and his administration, the beacons of virtue and honesty, to lead us into a bright and noble future.

(I threw up a little writing that.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #929 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Huge scandal. Much bigger than Fast and Furious, Benghazi, or assuming authority to assassinate U.S. citizens without due process. Thank goodness we have Obama and his administration, the beacons of virtue and honesty, to lead us into a bright and noble future.

(I threw up a little writing that.)
Except that you'll never know it wasn't.
post #930 of 1062
Quote:

Except that you'll never know it wasn't.

How important is this to you, really? More important than Obama expanding Bush's policies that ignore the 14th Amendment? Less important?

post #931 of 1062
Two wrongs don't make a right, but if you have to know, yes, tax policy is more important to me at this time. Had Romney released his tax returns, not only would it have killed the Republicans entirely, it would have had massive repercussions on tax policy. Massive. We wouldn't have been debating as we are now whether to close loopholes. We would have done it.
post #932 of 1062
Quote:

Two wrongs don't make a right, but if you have to know, yes, tax policy is more important to me at this time. Had Romney released his tax returns, not only would it have killed the Republicans entirely, it would have had massive repercussions on tax policy. Massive. We wouldn't have been debating as we are now whether to close loopholes. We would have done it.

Good to know where your priorities are.

post #933 of 1062
Quote:

Good to know where your priorities are.

Please tell me you're not surprised by this. This is typical of Democrats: Always concerned with how to get more of other people's money.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #934 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Please tell me you're not surprised by this. This is typical of Democrats: Always concerned with how to get more of other people's money.

And unconcerned about using violence to get it.

post #935 of 1062
Quote:

And unconcerned about using violence to get it.

Or the violence it funds, so it seems. The big issues here, now, today is that a guy who is NOT president of the US (or has any official political power at all) hasn't released all of his private financial information. Priorities indeed. 1hmm.gif

post #936 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Despite claims to the contrary, Romney's giant lie about Jeep remains a giant lie.  The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem.  It's time to finally admit that Romney's campaign was hugely fucking dishonest.

Happy anniversary.

It's amazing that you'd call this "a giant lie" while ignoring all of the blatant lies our President and administration have told.  At worst, the Romney ad was somewhat misleading.  Meanwhile, President Strawman continues his lying, misleading and naked partisanship on a daily basis.  Oh, and don't forget about bankrupting and weakening the nation.  But hey, that's probably outweighed by a fucking political ad.  "LIE OF THE YEAR!"  

post #937 of 1062

Tu quoque as a defense.  Classic SDW proving he has learned nothing from the Romney campaign.

Oh, and by the way...

mis·lead  

/misˈlēd/

Verb
Cause (someone) to have a wrong idea or impression about someone or something.

Synonyms
delude - deceive - misguide - lead astray - seduce

A wrong idea or impression.  You know, lying.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #938 of 1062
Quote:

Meanwhile, President Strawman continues his lying, misleading and naked partisanship on a daily basis.
Examples? Name one from yesterday. One from the day before. Or... go ahead and name two days in a row any time since Obama's inauguration that he has "lied on a daily basis". Just two days to show that its continuous and daily as you claim. Or maybe what you've stated here is a lie on your own accord.
Quote:
Oh, and don't forget about bankrupting and weakening the nation.
Again example. Let's give Bush the benefit of the doubt and say (exaggeratedly) that his damage was fixed in a year. How has Obama damaged the nation financially since the end of his first year in office? Give specific examples, quoting whatever indicators you like.
post #939 of 1062
Quote:

Examples? Name one from yesterday. One from the day before. Or... go ahead and name two days in a row any time since Obama's inauguration that he has "lied on a daily basis". Just two days to show that its continuous and daily as you claim. Or maybe what you've stated here is a lie on your own accord.
Again example. Let's give Bush the benefit of the doubt and say (exaggeratedly) that his damage was fixed in a year. How has Obama damaged the nation financially since the end of his first year in office? Give specific examples, quoting whatever indicators you like.

I think we will just have to say that your challenge went unmet!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #940 of 1062

Fast and Furious.

'Nuff said.

post #941 of 1062

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #942 of 1062

Hey look over there...the GOP is terrible and Romney lost! What? What's that....Obama has show himself to be the most inept, incompetent and dishonest President we've ever had? We're $16.5 Trillion debt? The world is on fire? Many on both sides of aisle condemned his AG for not ruling out killing U.S. citizens on American soil with drones in the absence of an imminent threat? He ran around the country screaming about the sequester and canceled White House tours while giving Morsi $250 million at the same time? Shhhh! Don't look over there.
post #943 of 1062

Ryan submitted an awesome budget that might get the deficit fixed for a while (at least on paper in GOP land), until the impact of the policies rotted the country from within.

post #944 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Ryan submitted an awesome budget that might get the deficit fixed for a while (at least on paper in GOP land), until the impact of the policies rotted the country from within.

The country is already rotting from within. No help needed from Ryan.

post #945 of 1062
At least one think tank has estimated that the Ryan budget would eliminate 2 million jobs in 2014 alone. Anyone who thinks that makes no difference to a country that is "already rotting from within" needs a little wake up call.
post #946 of 1062
Quote:

At least one think tank has estimated that the Ryan budget would eliminate 2 million jobs in 2014 alone. Anyone who thinks that makes no difference to a country that is "already rotting from within" needs a little wake up call.

Which think tank? Link? Are we to simply assume that the think tank you're referring to has estimates that are correct or might they be incorrect? Even biased? And, thus, are we then to simply accept your conclusion (derived from begging the question) that "Anyone who thinks that makes no difference to a country that is "already rotting from within" needs a little wake up call."?

Edited by MJ1970 - 3/14/13 at 6:54am

post #947 of 1062

EPI. Yes, it's left leaning, having a mission statement emphasizing fair wages and working conditions for poor people. But so what?

Meanwhile, TPC estimates that the tax cuts in the Ryan budget would add 4.5 trillion to the deficit over 10 years.

But of course you're going to say that both those analyses are wrong.

post #948 of 1062
Quote:

EPI. Yes, it's left leaning, having a mission statement emphasizing fair wages and working conditions for poor people. But so what?

Meanwhile, TPC estimates that the tax cuts in the Ryan budget would add 4.5 trillion to the deficit over 10 years.

No. What I'm going to say that until I read their estimates and understand what assumptions are embedded in them I don't know if their biases may be adversely affecting their estimates or whether their estimates are flawed or not. What I'm going to say is that I don't simply blindly accept the estimates/analysis without further investigation of them.

At this point you're simply guilty of confirmation bias here.

post #949 of 1062
Quote:

And suddenly you're concerned about adding to the deficit? After trillions have been added to it under Obama?

post #950 of 1062

Trillions were added to the deficit under Obama to fix Bush's mess. Are you still trying to deny that?

The Ryan budget is being sold to the public as a means specifically to REDUCE the deficit. The fact that it does the opposite shows its true colors as simply a scheme to make the rich richer at the expense of the middle class and poor, with NO BENEFIT or a NEGATIVE BENEFIT to the deficit. Doesn't that concern you if true?

post #951 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:

No. What I'm going to say that until I read their estimates and understand what assumptions are embedded in them I don't know if their biases may be adversely affecting their estimates or whether their estimates are flawed or not. What I'm going to say is that I don't simply blindly accept the estimates/analysis without further investigation of them.

At this point you're simply guilty of confirmation bias here.

Fair enough. Let us know what you find wrong with these analyses.

post #952 of 1062
Quote:

Fair enough. Let us know what you find wrong with these analyses.

When I actually see them, I will. So far all that you've posted is a blog post stating what their estimates are and the results of their analysis with little (if any) in-depth explanations of how they arrived at them.

post #953 of 1062
Quote:

Trillions were added to the deficit under Obama to fix Bush's mess. Are you still trying to deny that?

Are you still trying to claim that?

post #954 of 1062
Quote:

The Ryan budget is being sold to the public as a means specifically to REDUCE the deficit. The fact that it does the opposite shows its true colors as simply a scheme to make the rich richer at the expense of the middle class and poor, with NO BENEFIT or a NEGATIVE BENEFIT to the deficit. Doesn't that concern you if true?

I believe Ryan budget does nothing to address the fundamental problems. So of course it concerns me. But Obama has clearly done nothing to address the fundamental problems either, and you conveniently blame it on his predecessor (who also did nothing to address the fundamental problems).

You lament that the rich will become richer and the poor have become poorer under the Ryan budget, yet that very thing has happened under Obama and he gets a free pass. It makes absolutely no sense.

post #955 of 1062

I can't believe you guys are still arguing over the election.    Or even any of the pre- or post- election issues.   It's obvious that you're never going to agree.    

My ex leans one way and I lean completely the opposite way.    I was at her house and another common friend of ours was there arguing politics with them.    My ex said to me, "how come you never argue about politics when you're here?"   I said, "first of all, I'm a guest in your house.     And secondly, am I going to change your mind?"  She said, "no".   I said, "then why would I waste my time arguing?"

Liberal Democrats and Ultra-Conservative Republicans have a completely different view of the universe.    (And I use "Liberal" in the broadest possible sense because I don't see Obama as a liberal.   He only seems that way as compared to the Tea Party right, but he's definitely right of center.)   I would guess that their brains don't even function in the same way; certainly their psychological makeup is far different, although they all seek power.    Because they have such a different view of the universe, they're never going to agree.  Furthermore, newer members of Congress don't seem to recognize the fact that Congress itself was created out of a compromise, which is how we wound up with two houses.    Unless one party dominates, nothing can be accomplished unless there is compromise.   The far right refuses to compromise and the left gets criticized when they do.     So for a number of years, we have had a "do-nothing Congress".    They should ALL be ashamed as should the people who voted for these clowns.       

But there is one thing that is a clear fact.   Obama won the election for a second time and Republicans have lost the popular vote in five out of the last six presidential elections.   If Republicans don't change and appeal to more people, they are going to be marginalized in Presidential elections whether you believe they have a better plan for the country or not.   House elections are a different matter because they're so localized, so in those elections, Republicans can appeal to a conservative base and still win.    The problem is that a Democratic executive branch and a Republican House means that nothing gets done. 

The other factor is that while the deficit is still very large and will be for the foreseeable future, this really doesn't impact people on a day-to-day basis.  What does impact people are prices, employment and taxes.    And the fact is that the economy is actually improving.    Unemployment is falling and home prices and housing starts are rising.   And for all the crying, corporate profits are at an all time high.    While there are few jobs for unskilled workers except in low-paying jobs in the service industry, there are plenty of jobs for highly skilled technology workers.    (Of course, workers are still getting screwed in that real wages haven't increased, but they've been getting screwed for 30 years across both Republican and Democratic administrations.)    About a week before Bush left office at the end of 2008, the Dow was at 8776.   It's at 14,400 today.    In spite of the deficit, that's going to make it harder for a Republican to make a case for conservative economics.    

The other factor is that with the baby boomer population aging, they're going to be reluctant to give up the benefits they've already paid for.    So someone who has paid in $200K over 40 years into Social Security and Medicare are not going to support politicians who are ready to take away those benefits.   And the baby boomer population is the largest portion of the population.     So Republicans will have to make a better case to reduce those benefits if they want to win elections.   That's going to be very hard to do.   About the only thing they might be able to accomplish is means testing, but it's going to have to be a much higher number than they've been talking about.    Social Security beneficiaries already have to pay taxes on some SS earnings at very modest income levels.   

So in my view, if conservative Republicans stick to "principles", they'll continue to win elections in the House and some elections in the Senate, but they'll never win the Presidency.    They have to decide what kind of party they want to be:  a doctrinaire party or one that appeals to the greatest number of people.     I don't think the current crop of Tea Party Republicans would even let Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan or Bush I in the party.   Those presidential winners could never get past a Republican primary these days.   

post #956 of 1062
Quote:

Trillions were added to the debt because the incompetent current administration decided to spend money faster than it could account for it.

No-one really knows where all that money truly went. As I've said before, Obama spent enough to fix every bridge in America, or build a new university and hospital in every state of the union. That would have, at least, accomplished something.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #957 of 1062

Mittens, the guy who was given so much air time by Fox before the election (when he shunned other media outlets), was ignored by his former campaign headquarters at CPAC: they didn't show any of his speech.

post #958 of 1062
Quote:

Hey look over there...the GOP is terrible lol.gifand Romney lost! What? What's that....Obama has show himself to be the most inept, incompetent and dishonest President we've ever had? We're $16.5 Trillion debt? The world is on fire? Many on both sides of aisle condemned his AG for not ruling out killing U.S. citizens on American soil with drones in the absence of an imminent threat? He ran around the country screaming about the sequester and canceled White House tours while giving Morsi $250 million at the same time? Shhhh! Don't look over there.

Quote:
Obama has show himself to be the most inept, incompetent and dishonest President we've ever had?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif Don't you just love sour grapes!!!!lol.gif And oh yes he's " Screaming about sequester " lol.gif Oh brother! Pssst! Someone let SDW know the election's over. The voters have spoken and his side the one he was soooooo sure ( I mean he was a dead man walking right? ) would win ) lost! Just one more time ok?lol.gif

post #959 of 1062
Quote:

lol.giflol.giflol.gif  Don't you just love sour grapes!!!!lol.gif  And oh yes he's " Screaming about sequester " lol.gif  Oh brother! Pssst! Someone let SDW know the election's over. The voters have spoken and his side the one he was soooooo sure ( I mean he was a dead man walking right? ) would win ) lost! Just one more time ok?lol.gif

You're such a sad man. The nation is going down the shitter, and you're gloating. The President is lying, dividing us, bankrupting the nation, avoiding any and all responsiblty, violating civil liberties, breaking the law, intimidating Benghazi survivors, appointing idiotic pro-Iran and anti-Israeli cabinet members and generally wrecking everything in sight. Meanwhile, the Democratic Party is either silent or gloating right along with you. And the GOP is no better. The country is totally screwed in so many ways right now, and you're gloating. This is exactly why I haven't been around for a few months. There is no real dicussion happening. There is only partisan bullshit. So ends our Republic, riddled with debt and corruption, sucked dry of its resources and national will by the deliberate encouragement of dependency, tyranny and moral decay. Sad, really.
post #960 of 1062
Quote:

Quote:

lol.giflol.giflol.gif  Don't you just love sour grapes!!!!lol.gif  And oh yes he's " Screaming about sequester " lol.gif  Oh brother! Pssst! Someone let SDW know the election's over. The voters have spoken and his side the one he was soooooo sure ( I mean he was a dead man walking right? ) would win ) lost! Just one more time ok?lol.gif

You're such a sad man. The nation is going down the shitter, and you're gloating. The President is lying, dividing us, bankrupting the nation, avoiding any and all responsiblty, violating civil liberties, breaking the law, intimidating Benghazi survivors, appointing idiotic pro-Iran and anti-Israeli cabinet members and generally wrecking everything in sight. Meanwhile, the Democratic Party is either silent or gloating right along with you. And the GOP is no better. The country is totally screwed in so many ways right now, and you're gloating. This is exactly why I haven't been around for a few months. There is no real dicussion happening. There is only partisan bullshit. So ends our Republic, riddled with debt and corruption, sucked dry of its resources and national will by the deliberate encouragement of dependency, tyranny and moral decay. Sad, really.

I'll tell you what's sad. Someone who is wrong so much of the time on this forum and still hasn't learned a thing.lol.gif

Quote:

This is exactly why I haven't been around for a few months. There is no real dicussion happening.

Translation : Things aren't going too well for conservative extremophiles. As a matter of fact they're kind of becoming an endangered species. lol.gif

Kind of ironic. All the things you're harping about many of us were seeing in the previous president. That didn't seem to bother you at the time. and just look where he left us! Well as they say the proofs in the pudding SDW. I'd be willing to bet Obama won't be leaving office with a huge mess on our hands to clean up after. We will probably have debt for a long time but where did that all start again?1wink.gif 

Quote:

So ends our Republic

Et tu Brut?lol.gif Then fall Caesar![  Yes folks with a Democrat in the Whitehouse we're all doomed. Only a Teapublican can save us!1rolleyes.gif

lol.gif Wow! Well it's all over SDW you might as well move to another country then!lol.gif

Meanwhile back to reality..........

It's ok SDW. It's not the end. Just an end to the Teapublicans and the smoke and mirrors brigade.1wink.gif

Edited by jimmac - 3/17/13 at 10:51am
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win