or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win

Mitt Romney is Going to Win - Page 25

post #961 of 1062

I think the Democrats better realize something, this claim that something was won won't matter when the claims can't be delivered on.

Obama has guilted everyone into giving him a second term by basically lowering the expectations for himself. However that won't persist into the second term. It is clear that he has little political capital left to wager and that there is no way to continue to blame Bush or anyone else for his continuing incompetence.

At some point people will have to wake up and consider a proposal beyond spending our way into utopia and anyone who actually wants to add numbers is bad, racist, hateful and mean.

Maybe they don't have to wake up. Maybe the nation just needs to become Detroit, Illinois or any of the other bankrupt blue areas of the country.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #962 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I think the Democrats better realize something, this claim that something was won won't matter when the claims can't be delivered on.

Obama has guilted everyone into giving him a second term by basically lowering the expectations for himself. However that won't persist into the second term. It is clear that he has little political capital left to wager and that there is no way to continue to blame Bush or anyone else for his continuing incompetence.

At some point people will have to wake up and consider a proposal beyond spending our way into utopia and anyone who actually wants to add numbers is bad, racist, hateful and mean.

Maybe they don't have to wake up. Maybe the nation just needs to become Detroit, Illinois or any of the other bankrupt blue areas of the country.

I think the Teapublicans had better realize something. Either they change their ways or the real Republican party will have to oust them. No one will vote for a GOP member in the end. The obfuscation and subterfuge has to end. No one is buying anymore except for the hardcore Limbaugh types and they're losing popularity as well. The time of smoke and mirrors is over because we simply can't afford it anymore.

Teapublicans are out of touch and the voters know it so yes someone has to wake up.1wink.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #963 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I think the Teapublicans had better realize something. Either they change their ways or the real Republican party will have to oust them. No one will vote for a GOP member in the end. The obfuscation and subterfuge has to end. No one is buying anymore except for the hardcore Limbaugh types and they're losing popularity as well. The time of smoke and mirrors is over because we simply can't afford it anymore.

Teapublicans are out of touch and the voters know it so yes someone has to wake up.1wink.gif

You make it sound like it is better to join the party on a sinking ship than to attempt to fix the problem.

You look at these blue strongholds and you don't see success. You don't see utopia. You see pain, suffering and an unwillingness to try anything different.

Suppose you are 100% right. Suppose the whole country becomes California as an example with regard to Democratic strength and votes. California is screwed. It is broke. It literally has people, jobs and corporations fleeing it.

It is hilarious how Obama has borrowed $6 trillion dollars in 4 years and you declare we can't afford someone like Bush who borrowed less in 8 years. How can we afford double the borrowing to never fix the problem as a "sane" solution.

If no one can see that, if they don't want to vote for that, it is fine. 90% of the voters could declare that up is down and black is white and I would never "buy" that lie.

post #964 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You make it sound like it is better to join the party on a sinking ship than to attempt to fix the problem.

You look at these blue strongholds and you don't see success. You don't see utopia. You see pain, suffering and an unwillingness to try anything different.

Suppose you are 100% right. Suppose the whole country becomes California as an example with regard to Democratic strength and votes. California is screwed. It is broke. It literally has people, jobs and corporations fleeing it.

It is hilarious how Obama has borrowed $6 trillion dollars in 4 years and you declare we can't afford someone like Bush who borrowed less in 8 years. How can we afford double the borrowing to never fix the problem as a "sane" solution.

If no one can see that, if they don't want to vote for that, it is fine. 90% of the voters could declare that up is down and black is white and I would never "buy" that lie.

Except that if you look at per capita federal revenue minus federal spending by state (net contribution to the federal budget) you see a quite different picture. The most recent compiled data I found was 2008, when California comes in around #15 in terms of contribution, and, in fact, the contributors are predominantly blue states (15/4) while the red states dominate the recipients list (20/12). Or in terms of dollars, blue states made a net contribution to the federal budget of around $250B, while the red states were net recipients of around $65B.

post #965 of 1062
What's amazing, and saddening, is that the Conservatives can look at Greece, and look at Iceland, and still conclude that we need to cut spending on social problems to fix the economy. It's like they have lost brain function or something.
post #966 of 1062

The Conservatives could not care less about social programs period.They care about screwing the middle class and poor and seniors.The same old story which has been going on for years already.

post #967 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

What's amazing, and saddening, is that the Conservatives can look at Greece, and look at Iceland, and still conclude that we need to cut spending on social problems to fix the economy. It's like they have lost brain function or something.

They also hate little children and puppies.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #968 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

They also hate little children and puppies.

Well, when they want to eliminate funding for meal assistance and dog pounds...money talks.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #969 of 1062
Quote:

Quote:

It's like they have lost brain function or something.

Just the  Amygdala vs. Cingulate Cortex. 1wink.gif

http://www.salon.com/2010/12/29/conservative_brains/

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/liberal-brain-scans-show-liberals-conservatives-brain-structures-article-1.111510

Edited by jimmac - 3/20/13 at 5:42pm
post #970 of 1062

After being wiped off the map by Obama's 332 electoral votes, Romney still seems to be thinking about yet another run for POTUS. Lets hope he does. 1wink.gif lol.gif

"Washington (CNN) – Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will host a policy retreat in Park City, Utah this June "to hear from political, business and other thought leaders," according to an invitation obtained by CNN.

As Romney continues to plot his post-election future, the retreat further signals he’s serious about staying active on policy fronts or political arenas."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/mitt-romney/

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #971 of 1062

Say it isn't true...  But then, the GOP doesn't have any candidates of quality, so I guess anybody can run.  For goodness sake, they tried to push Sara on the world.  I guess they were trying to lower the bar so a Mittens/Ryan ticket wouldn't look so bad.

Edited by Bergermeister - 3/26/13 at 5:17pm

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #972 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Say it isn't true...  But then, the GOP doesn't have any candidates of quality, so I guess anybody can run.  For goodness sake, they tried to push Sara on the world.  I guess they were trying to lower the bar so a Mittens/Ryan ticket wouldn't look so bad.

Privately, I think they know that their toast again if they don't have a candidate, and even the VP too, who are black. They have to be seen to have turned the page, because without the minority voters they don't have a chance. Possibly Michael Steele with Mia Love as his VP. If they go straight to Rubio, they'll be seen as having bypassed a whole race. That won't go down well with hispanics who understand racism.

michael-steele-rnc.jpg

082812_aehq_mia2_640.jpg

Interesting story on where she stands on "anchor babies", given she is one - http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/09/utah-mia-love-immigration

Edited by Hands Sandon - 3/26/13 at 9:04pm

post #973 of 1062

Why must they be Black? What is wrong with the good old White politician who can lead the GOP Party once again.

post #974 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Why must they be Black? What is wrong with the good old White politician who can lead the GOP Party once again.

America is becoming racially very mixed. There aren't enough white republicans left to win elections. There's no point being a white Repub politician if you're not in office, hence the game has to change. A black Repub president could change that, a white one likely wouldn't. The minority vote will either save or destroy the Repub party.

Just to put this in perspective, Dukasis won the same percentage of non-white voters and white voters as Obama did, at 80% and 40% respectively. Dukakis though, lost by 426-111 and Obama won by 332-206. That's because the non-white voting population numbers have increased so much in just 25 years, and their set to rise even faster in the future.

Edited by Hands Sandon - 3/27/13 at 7:52am

post #975 of 1062

It's rather surprising how openly racist your comments here are Hands.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #976 of 1062

Some people think that pointing out racism is equal to being racist.

post #977 of 1062
Quote:

Some people think that pointing out racism is equal to being racist.

Yes, some people do.

Other people observe, correctly, that assuming someone won't be voting for a candidate because of their skin color or ethnicity is a bit of a racist suggestion...or that assuming the only way for someone to get elected will be because of their skin color or ethnicity because of the changing racial composition of the electorate, implying that that people of certain races will only vote for their "own kind." This is almost the worse kind of bigotry. It suggests that Hispanics (or blacks or Asians also I presume) won't vote for a white candidate (or vice versa) despite much evidence to the contrary.

Perhaps, though it is simply projection on Hands' part.

It's really quite sad that the discussion of the future of political leadership in the US (or anywhere) has race (or gender) as a primary discussion point especially with all of the implications Hands is making.

post #978 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

It's rather surprising how openly racist your comments here are Hands.

There's nothing racist in my comments, but I'll be sure to point it out when you argue that having a whites only sign on swimming pools, restaurants and any other privately owned business, is perfectly fine legally so long as that's what the owners want. That's some America you want to return to.

post #979 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

There's nothing racist in my comments

You're clearly saying that people will only or primarily vote for someone based on skin color. This is clearly not true and a rather racist suggestion. It actually goes along with your other latent racism displayed in another thread.

Quote:

...but I'll be sure to point it out when you argue that having a whites only sign on swimming pools, restaurants and any other privately owned business, is perfectly fine legally so long as that's what the owners want. 

I'm sorry if you find my desire for the state and others to respect individual rights and freedom so offensive.

Quote:

That's some America you want to return to.

1oyvey.gif 1bugeye.gif

post #980 of 1062
Quote:

Yes, some people do.

Other people observe, correctly, that assuming someone won't be voting for a candidate because of their skin color or ethnicity is a bit of a racist suggestion...or that assuming the only way for someone to get elected will be because of their skin color or ethnicity because of the changing racial composition of the electorate, implying that that people of certain races will only vote for their "own kind." This is almost the worse kind of bigotry. It suggests that Hispanics (or blacks or Asians also I presume) won't vote for a white candidate (or vice versa) despite much evidence to the contrary.

Perhaps, though it is simply projection on Hands' part.

It's really quite sad that the discussion of the future of political leadership in the US (or anywhere) has race (or gender) as a primary discussion point especially with all of the implications Hands is making.

To a degree you're right. Tokenism is a bad course to take. What the Repubs need is black leaders who will be convincing and energising and bring in minority voters because of that. They are far more likely to do that with black politicians than white one's. That to a degree that is just human nature, especially since it puts their money where their mouth is, so to speak. Given the vast majority of repub politicians are white, it does appear that they may not really be as multi-cultural as they say they are. I wonder how many whites would be voting for the Repub party if there were only a small handful of whites and the rest being made up almost entirely of blacks? Remember America will have more non-white voters than white voters soon. That's hardly reflected in the extremely scant number of non-white Repubs in Washington D.C. To you it's racist to say that that puts the Repubs in a losing position moving forward, to most people, it's common sense.

post #981 of 1062
Quote:

To a degree you're right. Tokenism is a bad course to take. What the Repubs need is black leaders who will be convincing and energising and bring in minority voters because of that. They are far more likely to do that with black politicians than white one's.

You're doing it again. 1eek.gif

Let me help you out: What the Repubs need is black leaders who will be convincing and energising and bring in minority voters because of that.

See now?

Quote:

Given the vast majority of repub politicians are white, it does appear that they may not really be as multi-cultural as they say they are. I wonder how many whites would be voting for the Repub party if there were only a small handful of whites and the rest being made up almost entirely of blacks?

1eek.gif

Quote:

To you it's racist to say that that puts the Repubs in a losing position moving forward, to most people, it's common sense.

No. What's racist is your implication that certain groups cannot or will not vote beyond race or ethnicity. This is clearly not true and must only be in your imagination.

post #982 of 1062
Quote:

You're doing it again. 1eek.gif

Let me help you out: What the Repubs need is black leaders who will be convincing and energising and bring in minority voters because of that.

See now?

1eek.gif

No. What's racist is your implication that certain groups cannot or will not vote beyond race or ethnicity. This is clearly not true and must only be in your imagination.

But there's been real progress amongst Dem politicians race reflecting the voters race, whereas in the Repub party the shift is actually in the opposite direction. There are currently 233 republican members of the house of representatives and not a single one is black. In the US senate there now is one black republican. He wasn't voted in though by the public to be a senator, instead he was appointed senator to replace Jim DeMint in 2012. So that's one black republican, and he wasn't even voted in. That's crazy in this day and age. Imagine one white senator, no white congressman and telling a black guy, "look your party really needs more whites". Doesn't really sound racist does it? Well to you it does, because your just so colour blind in a good way. Sheesh, what an abomination.

post #983 of 1062
Quote:

But there's been real progress amongst Dem politicians race reflecting the voters race, whereas in the Repub party the shift is actually in the opposite direction. There are currently 233 republican members of the house of representatives and not a single one is black. In the US senate there now is one black republican. He wasn't voted in though by the public to be a senator, instead he was appointed senator to replace Jim DeMint in 2012. So that's one black republican, and he wasn't even voted in. That's crazy in this day and age. Imagine one white senator, no white congressman and telling a black guy, "look your party really needs more whites". Doesn't really sound racist does it? Well to you it does, because your just so colour blind in a good way. Sheesh, what an abomination.

This is all red herring.

post #984 of 1062
Quote:

This is all red herring.

So long as that view holds within the GOP, and Republican voters, they will sink deeper into being the whites only party. Minorities simply won't trust that they're not racist, and given that over half the babies born in the US have non-white parents, that spells real trouble for the GOP.

Colin Powell expressed it very well- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/13/colin-powell-gop_n_2467768.html

post #985 of 1062
Quote:

So long as that view holds within the GOP, and Republican voters, they will sink deeper into being the whites only party.

Since I'm not a part of the GOP, I don't know if that view does hold in the GOP. But it is simple fact. You are implying racism by superficialities. Which is really a form of racism in and of itself.

Quote:

Minorities simply won't trust that they're not racist, and given that over half the babies born in the US have non-white parents, that spells real trouble for the GOP.

And, of course, you're continuing to promulgate this line of thinking whether correct or not.

Anyway...I don't really give a shit about the GOP (or the Democrats) and their (or your) tokenism.

If people wish to vote along racial or ethnic lines, I guess that's their business. It's sad if they but, it is what it is.

post #986 of 1062

Once again, MJ values the freedom to be discriminatory in a racist fashion over those hurt by the racism.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #987 of 1062

You're right BR, I do value freedom and I also value not imposing my morals onto others by force. Sorry that you value neither.

post #988 of 1062

With the freedom to be good and benevolent inevitably comes the freedom to be a selfish jerk. The point is, you have freedom of choice. This is called liberty.

When you forcibly remove the freedom to be a selfish jerk, you also remove the freedom to be good and benevolent. You remove the freedom to choose altogether. This is called slavery.

post #989 of 1062
Quote:

Since I'm not a part of the GOP, I don't know if that view does hold in the GOP. But it is simple fact. You are implying racism by superficialities. Which is really a form of racism in and of itself.

And, of course, you're continuing to promulgate this line of thinking whether correct or not.

Anyway...I don't really give a shit about the GOP (or the Democrats) and their (or your) tokenism.

If people wish to vote along racial or ethnic lines, I guess that's their business. It's sad if they but, it is what it is.

It's not a "superficiality" that there are no black Republican house of representatives politicians and only one black Republican US senate politician, who, like I said earlier, wasn't even voted in by the electorate for that position. That situation has arisen out of white racism. No one in their right mind could possibly argue otherwise.

You always distance yourself from Republicans though you defend them on a regular basis here, and gleefully wrote how they were ahead in opinion polls in the race for POTUS, but aren't you a Rand Paul supporter? Wouldn't you rather he be elected POTUS than say Hillary Clinton? Could you clarify, so we can put this to rest?

post #990 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

With the freedom to be good and benevolent inevitably comes the freedom to be a selfish jerk. The point is, you have freedom of choice. This is called liberty.

When you forcibly remove the freedom to be a selfish jerk, you also remove the freedom to be good and benevolent. You remove the freedom to choose altogether. This is called slavery.

Oh lovely! So given whites own most of the businesses in the US, when a business who owns a road insists "no blacks in vehicles", the only hope a black person has of travelling on that road legally, is if the business model fails. How delightfully liberating.

post #991 of 1062
Quote:

It's not a "superficiality" that there are no black Republican house of representatives politicians and only one black Republican US senate politician, who, like I said earlier, wasn't even voted in by the electorate for that position. That situation has arisen out of white racism. No one in their right mind could possibly argue otherwise.

Well then with that non sequitur and declaration, the discussion ends I guess. lol.gif

Quote:

You always distance yourself from Republicans though you defend them on a regular basis here,

I'm not defending them. I'm pointing out the serious flaws in your claims, thinking and "logic."

Quote:

and gleefully wrote how they were ahead in opinion polls in the race for POTUS...

Gleefully? I may have commented on the polls during that time...but you're seriously reaching here.

Quote:

...but aren't you a Rand Paul supporter? Wouldn't you rather he be elected POTUS than say Hillary Clinton? Could you clarify, so we can put this to rest?

Don't know enough about the man to say to be honest. I'm quite sure that Hillary Clinton would suck though.

post #992 of 1062
Quote:

Oh lovely! So given whites own most of the businesses in the US, when a business who owns a road insists "no blacks in vehicles", the only hope a black person has of travelling on that road legally, is if the business model fails. How delightfully liberating.

I so love it when you liberals run immediately to the most unlikely hypothetical scenarios to make your case. It's so incredibly convincing. This is like the time when tonton and BR tag teamed to offer 3-4 links proving that hospitals all over the place are or would discriminate against same-gender couples. Except that these articles proved no such thing. If anything they demonstrated the opposite...there was ONE case (that all the articles referred to) and no real solid evidence that even that was what they claimed. lol.gif

I like how you all so frequently ignore the fact that most of the racial discrimination in this country was done and even codified into LAW by the state.

You guys are priceless.

post #993 of 1062
Quote:

Well then with that non sequitur and declaration, the discussion ends I guess. lol.gif

I'm not defending them. I'm pointing out the serious flaws in your claims, thinking and "logic."

Gleefully? I may have commented on the polls during that time...but you're seriously reaching here.

Don't know enough about the man to say to be honest. I'm quite sure that Hillary Clinton would suck though.

You know Rand Paul the leading Libertarian in the GOP, the son of what's his name, oh Ron Paul, the other leading Libertarian in the GOP. Ringing any bells yet?

post #994 of 1062
Quote:

You know Rand Paul the leading Libertarian in the GOP, the son of what's his name, oh Ron Paul, the other leading Libertarian in the GOP. Ringing any bells yet?

Yes. I know who he is. I don't know enough about him to have made any decisions about him. Now back to your reading comprehension problems.

post #995 of 1062
Quote:

Quote:

Yes. I know who he is. I don't know enough about him to have made any decisions about him. Now back to your reading comprehension problems.
Who do you know enough about to have made a decision about? Anyone? If not, then that's another reason you're a moron. You blame Obama left and right but fail to support anyone else? And we're supposed to take you seriously?

And if it's yourself that you hold to such a high regard then fucking stand for office. Unless you think that your ideas are too stupid to be electable.
post #996 of 1062
Quote:

Quote:

You always distance yourself from Republicans though you defend them on a regular basis here, and gleefully wrote how they were ahead in opinion polls in the race for POTUS, but aren't you a Rand Paul supporter? Wouldn't you rather he be elected POTUS than say Hillary Clinton? Could you clarify, so we can put this to rest?

I haven't checked, but I'd be curious to know how many black candidates the GOP fields. It's possible that in the locations where that would be likely to happen (a large percentage of black voters for example), that there are black GOP candidates but that they consistently lose to the Democrat candidates, since those would also be quite likely to be Democrat strongholds, and so never make it to the house or senate.

post #997 of 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Quote:

Quote:

I haven't checked, but I'd be curious to know how many black candidates the GOP fields. It's possible that in the locations where that would be likely to happen (a large percentage of black voters for example), that there are black GOP candidates but that they consistently lose to the Democrat candidates, since those would also be quite likely to be Democrat strongholds, and so never make it to the house or senate.
Don't you think the number of black candidates the GOP fields might be representative of the number of black candidates the GOP considers are electable, and the number of black candidates the GOP might think are electable might have something to do with racism?
post #998 of 1062
Quote:

I so love it when you liberals run immediately to the most unlikely hypothetical scenarios to make your case. It's so incredibly convincing. This is like the time when tonton and BR tag teamed to offer 3-4 links proving that hospitals all over the place are or would discriminate against same-gender couples. Except that these articles proved no such thing. If anything they demonstrated the opposite...there was ONE case (that all the articles referred to) and no real solid evidence that even that was what they claimed. lol.gif

I like how you all so frequently ignore the fact that most of the racial discrimination in this country was done and even codified into LAW by the state.

You guys are priceless.

I haven't read about the hospital discrimination, but it's a known fact that blacks still receive noticeably and documented worse care than whites from hospitals. 

I wonder how far you think discrimination based on race would go in business, if there were no laws preventing it. Perhaps banning blacks from a road would appeal to some, especially in the south. A lot of whites are scared stiff of blacks. I can well imagine that certain roads that travel near high black populations would be closed to all blacks who didn't have the appropriate permits, permits likely given to them for work purposes only. It's amazing how much power could be exerted to control peoples if businesses had the power you wish. Whole areas could see a sort of ethnic cleansing happen very quickly. Blacks can't buy property, blacks can't send their kids to the local schools. Blacks can't fill up with gas. You can see how that would appeal to some, especially given there could be a lot of money to be made by exporting poor blacks somewhere else. 

post #999 of 1062
Quote:

Who do you know enough about to have made a decision about? Anyone?

Obama. Clinton. But we've had years of them to see.

Quote:

You blame Obama left and right but fail to support anyone else?

I've repeatedly told you that I see little fundamental difference between the Coke and Pepsi parties (and their candidates.) You don't agree, I understand. Can't do anything about that. There's an off chance that these establishment parties might let someone different through. It seems highly unlikely. So, whomever the Rs nominate is likely to have sold his/her soul so much that they're unlikely to be substantially different from what we have now.

Quote:

And we're supposed to take you seriously?

You're supposed to do whatever you like. I don't take you seriously. You're free to return the favor if you like.

Quote:

And if it's yourself that you hold to such a high regard then fucking stand for office.

I'd never get elected. That I know. Second, I don't care for the political process. It kind of sickens me actually. I prefer to work in the productive sector of society not the parasitic one.

Quote:

Unless you think that your ideas are too stupid to be electable.

I think my ideas are just fine. But I also realize few agree with that either due to ignorance, years of government school propaganda and indoctrination, emotionalized thinking or just plain stupidity.

post #1000 of 1062
Quote:

But you admit that neither him or Ron Paul (who I know for sure you know just a wee bit about) could ever become POTUS without the GOP?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney is Going to Win