Originally Posted by LuxoM3
This was a REALLY BOLD and COMPETITIVE move for Nokia a week before the announcement of the iPhone 5.
Because when people rethink their contracts, they'll have these features to mull over...
1. 8-megapixel camera that can shoot 1080p high-definition video - WITH IMAGE STABILIZATION
2. "PureView" technology allows shooting imagery without using flash.
3. "Super Sensitive Touch." - allow use of the device while wearing gloves.
4. Inductive charging
5. Mapping with Augmented reality - point the phone down a street and it SHOWS YOU the names of places, shops, bus stops, etc.
6. Even LOW-end phones get exchangeable shells that allow users to change colors or add wireless charging, and also allows users to input microSD cards.
I'd call that stuff pretty innovative.
And why have this here on AppleInsider?
Because IF all Apple gives us is a 4" screen, LTE, and 3D mapping - this might very well END Apple's dominance of phones.
I'm not trying to down Apple, but after a while, what are we really getting for $199+ in the iPhone that is THAT different from the 2007 iPhone?
1. iPhone 4S has an 8mp camera with 1080p at 30fps with image stabilization. Granted, the stabilization is digital rather than optical. If the luminia is optical I'll give them a half point.
2. I don't yet know what PureView is, so I'll just throw Nokia a point there. Subject to change once I've read up on it.
3. -2 to Nokia. I already 'tit dial/hangup/etc' when I have my iPhone in my shirt pocket with the screen facing me (Siri's a bitch unless I face the screen forward.) This is a case of more is worse.
4. The tech is energy hungry...but cool. Point to Nokia if it doesn't add too much weight. Half point otherwise.
5. Apple third party to the rescue in short order. Apple is not in the business of implementing the kitchen sink - that's what is killing the Android upgrade availibility on those phones. But it is cool...so I'll give Nokia a half point until an iOS app is out.
6a. Sorry - no shell swaps for you. 3rd party vendor market has had this for everyone for years.
6b. I understand and fully agree with Apple's not including an SD reader. But it sucks. Point to Nokia until Apple's iCloud is more pervasive. Then it'll STILL be a point to Nokia (close, but no cigar Apple.)
Final score is advantage Nokia, but only a total of 2 given your bullet points.
What is the Luminia screen pixel resolution?