or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 'iPhone 5' launch will mark end of Apple's iPhone 3GS - rumor

'iPhone 5' launch will mark end of Apple's iPhone 3GS - rumor - Page 2

post #41 of 47

too bad, was my favorite design for the iPhone (aesthetically and tactility-wise).

I agree it's probably time to drop it since you'll have 3 phones and the new iPhone soon on the market.  Seems a bit much.

Personally, I don't see the point of having the iPhone 4 and 4s both on the market right now.  Really the only major differences were A5 chip, SIRI, World phone chip and better camera...that's it.

So I really don't see why they'd keep the iPhone 4 around.  Why not just sell the new iPhone and the 4s?  Maybe just keep the 3GS another 9 months and retire it just before WWDC 2013.

post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post

You're lucky, I have ~110GB's of lossless music, and my iPod is only 64GB's...

I have a lot more music than that stored, I just don't need it on a pocketable device. How many weeks of uninterrupted playback does iTunes stay you have? Why would you need this on your iPod? I have a good idea of what I want to listen to and would never wonder if I need all tracks from a CD I bought 15 years ago. I'll hang on to the music I stored but a lot of it I won't listen to often.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Good point, but as a customer I want simplicity, not upsell.

I really don't think keeping the 4 needlessly complicates it.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I really don't think keeping the 4 needlessly complicates it.

Did they drop the 3G when the 4 came out? I can't remember if they've ever had two generational models of the same case design with a new case design as the flagship. I think I'll have the 4 and 4S because they can offer it as $0 cost with a contract but I do see why some would expect it to go away.

post #45 of 47
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
Did they drop the 3G when the 4 came out?

Yes, and then they kept the 3GS when the 4S came out, which led to a bunch of confusing rumors wherein people thought they'd stop selling the iPhone 4 and (and get this) that the 3GS would be updated with the iPhone 4's internals… 

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

...which led to a bunch of confusing rumors wherein people thought they'd stop selling the iPhone 4 and (and get this) that the 3GS would be updated with the iPhone 4's internals… 

gee, seeing as my comment #41, I kind of wish that would happen.  I'd take a retina A4 world phone iPhone 3GS over the current iPhone 4 hands-down.

post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I have a lot more music than that stored, I just don't need it on a pocketable device. How many weeks of uninterrupted playback does iTunes stay you have? Why would you need this on your iPod? I have a good idea of what I want to listen to and would never wonder if I need all tracks from a CD I bought 15 years ago. I'll hang on to the music I stored but a lot of it I won't listen to often.

I like to jump around my Music collection, I get bored of music easily, 11 days of playback. 15 years ago? lol, I was 5 then. and I don't keep full albums, only the songs I like off them...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 'iPhone 5' launch will mark end of Apple's iPhone 3GS - rumor