or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 'iPhone 5' launch will mark end of Apple's iPhone 3GS - rumor

'iPhone 5' launch will mark end of Apple's iPhone 3GS - rumor - Page 2

post #41 of 47

too bad, was my favorite design for the iPhone (aesthetically and tactility-wise).

I agree it's probably time to drop it since you'll have 3 phones and the new iPhone soon on the market.  Seems a bit much.

Personally, I don't see the point of having the iPhone 4 and 4s both on the market right now.  Really the only major differences were A5 chip, SIRI, World phone chip and better camera...that's it.

So I really don't see why they'd keep the iPhone 4 around.  Why not just sell the new iPhone and the 4s?  Maybe just keep the 3GS another 9 months and retire it just before WWDC 2013.

post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post

You're lucky, I have ~110GB's of lossless music, and my iPod is only 64GB's...

I have a lot more music than that stored, I just don't need it on a pocketable device. How many weeks of uninterrupted playback does iTunes stay you have? Why would you need this on your iPod? I have a good idea of what I want to listen to and would never wonder if I need all tracks from a CD I bought 15 years ago. I'll hang on to the music I stored but a lot of it I won't listen to often.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Good point, but as a customer I want simplicity, not upsell.

I really don't think keeping the 4 needlessly complicates it.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I really don't think keeping the 4 needlessly complicates it.

Did they drop the 3G when the 4 came out? I can't remember if they've ever had two generational models of the same case design with a new case design as the flagship. I think I'll have the 4 and 4S because they can offer it as $0 cost with a contract but I do see why some would expect it to go away.

post #45 of 47
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
Did they drop the 3G when the 4 came out?

Yes, and then they kept the 3GS when the 4S came out, which led to a bunch of confusing rumors wherein people thought they'd stop selling the iPhone 4 and (and get this) that the 3GS would be updated with the iPhone 4's internals… 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

...which led to a bunch of confusing rumors wherein people thought they'd stop selling the iPhone 4 and (and get this) that the 3GS would be updated with the iPhone 4's internals… 

gee, seeing as my comment #41, I kind of wish that would happen.  I'd take a retina A4 world phone iPhone 3GS over the current iPhone 4 hands-down.

post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I have a lot more music than that stored, I just don't need it on a pocketable device. How many weeks of uninterrupted playback does iTunes stay you have? Why would you need this on your iPod? I have a good idea of what I want to listen to and would never wonder if I need all tracks from a CD I bought 15 years ago. I'll hang on to the music I stored but a lot of it I won't listen to often.

I like to jump around my Music collection, I get bored of music easily, 11 days of playback. 15 years ago? lol, I was 5 then. and I don't keep full albums, only the songs I like off them...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 'iPhone 5' launch will mark end of Apple's iPhone 3GS - rumor