or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung reportedly dropped as memory supplier for first batch of next-gen iPhones

Samsung reportedly dropped as memory supplier for first batch of next-gen iPhones - Page 4

post #121 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm not saying AI thinks it's racist, I'm saying it's supporting it when a blatantly racial comments in this case, and I don't understand why. I understand there is only so much the mods can do and things will always fall through the cracks, but you not only didn't remove it once you saw it but quoted it in your reply. I understand that many think a comment isn't racist if it uses more mundane language like the term 'towel head" as opposed to more harsh sounding statements like "sand nigger" but if the intent of the speaker/poster is identical then it makes no difference. I'm just as offended by either terms if the context for each is identical.

I thought I'd make a public example of what's bannable. Usually, it's scrubbed clean and no one seems to remember. In light of this, if you think it's best to delete all instances of it, then I'll do it.

Quote:
As for jragosta, I am not saying that he should be banned, I noticed he was banned and wondered what he could have possibly said to get himself banned if making racist comments against other posters isn't an offense on this forum.
BTW, I have repeatedly found your posts to be the most balanced and objective on this forum.

I didn't know about jragosta. I've been off the forums more than usual. It turns out he's built up a number of infractions, mostly ad hominem attacks.
post #122 of 131

Don't confuse post count with time spent on the site. I have been reading AI for years I just don't have as much free times as other to comment. Plus the 4 comment counts are the one been using now since I switched login with FB.

Plus some of you make it sound like anyone that disagree with a mod is an Apple hater when at least in my case is far from the true. 

Edited by Omar Morales - 9/8/12 at 8:44am
post #123 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Morales View Post

Don't confuse post count with time spent on the site. I have been reading AI for years I just don't have as much free times as other to comment. Plus the 4 comment counts are the one been using now since I switched login with FB.

Plus some of you make it sound like anyone that disagree with a mod is an Apple hater when at least in my case is far from the true. 

Don't confuse time spent on a website and the ownership of Apple gear as putting you in a position where you can feel free to show an astounding lack of manners by making your first few posts both an accusation and a complaint against someone who contributes regularly.

You may wish to evaluate the manner in which you make first impressions.

Apple Products: So good that their ‘faulty' products outsell competitor’s faultless ones...
Apple Products: So good that their ‘faulty' products outsell competitor’s faultless ones...
post #124 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Don't confuse time spent on a website and the ownership of Apple gear as putting you in a position where you can feel free to show an astounding lack of manners by making your first few posts both an accusation and a complaint against someone who contributes regularly.

You may wish to evaluate the manner in which you make first impressions.

That goes both ways...

post #125 of 131
Quote:

That goes both ways...

Considering my first few posts on this site didn't involve insulting, not only another member, but also a moderator, I totally agree with you and have already followed your advice.

Please feel free to do so yourself.

post #126 of 131
Quote:

Considering my first few posts on this site didn't involve insulting, not only another member, but also a moderator, I totally agree with you and have already followed your advice.

Please feel free to do so yourself.

So attacking anyone with low post counts is fine by you or anyone that disagrees with a mod. First impressions go both ways. What will new readers think of the community when they start seeing attack post and entitlements based on post count. 

post #127 of 131
Quote:

So attacking anyone with low post counts is fine by you or anyone that disagrees with a mod. First impressions go both ways. What will new readers think of the community when they start seeing attack post and entitlements based on post count. 

It's interesting to see that your lack of manners is matched by your lack of intelligence.

That's not what I said.

post #128 of 131
Quote:

It's interesting to see that your lack of manners is matched by your lack of intelligence.

That's not what I said.

OK I won't Get cough in your personal attacks. You believe what you want and act like you want just remember that the one been defensive and insulting its you that speak more of you that anything else. Have a nice day hope we can agree in something some other day.

Edited by Omar Morales - 9/8/12 at 7:21pm
post #129 of 131
Quote:

Have a nice day hope we can agree in something some other day.

We most probably will. ;-)

post #130 of 131

You're so far off the mark you should just stop typing and talking.  

post #131 of 131
Originally Posted by heaveho View Post
You're so far off the mark you should just stop typing and talking.  

You should quote the person to whom you're referring in this instance.

Ignore our "Reply" buttons. They do nothing. You want to hit "Quote".

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung reportedly dropped as memory supplier for first batch of next-gen iPhones