or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bloody Hell Romney: Show Some Patriotism During This Awful Crisis!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bloody Hell Romney: Show Some Patriotism During This Awful Crisis! - Page 4

post #121 of 207

Paul Wells of Macleans (Canada's TIme Magazine) points out that only Obama, among major world leaders and parties, referenced the movie in his official statement about the attacks.

 

Even the statement by Canada's far left NDP didn't provide any cover for the terrorist strike.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #122 of 207
Thread Starter 

This won't go down well with a lot of people here in the UK. Trouble is brewing for these guys and their friends. People are dying and they are glad. 

 

 

  1.  
  • "Two people arrested at American embassy.
  •  
  • The demonstrators shouted 'burn burn USA' as a U.S. flag was set alight.

 

 

Believe it or not, these two pictures where taken in London!

 

Wave of hate: Protestors burn the American flag outside the country's embassy in London yesterdayAnger: The demonstrators shouted 'burn burn USA' as the American flag went up in flames, in response to a recent movie which portrayed the prophet Muhammad as a womanizer and child abuser

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #123 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This won't go down well with a lot of people here in the UK. Trouble is brewing for these guys and their friends. People are dying and they are glad. 

 

 

  1.  
  • "Two people arrested at American embassy.
  •  
  • The demonstrators shouted 'burn burn USA' as a U.S. flag was set alight.

 

 

Believe it or not, these two pictures where taken in London!

 

 

Of course we would believe it. Many of us in the U.S. have been noting the rise of radical Islamists throughout Europe for quite a while. Of course when WE mention it, we are told we are racist.

 

This will be a huge issue in Europe, especially with regard to social compact going forward. I've noted that in many instances where aspects of society that are socialized work, the countries are primarily small, mono-cultural and the population is largely homogenous. Europe soon will be dealing with the costs and consequences of governments that cannot judge lest they be labeled racist and damaging.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #124 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

 

Of course we would believe it. Many of us in the U.S. have been noting the rise of radical Islamists throughout Europe for quite a while. Of course when WE mention it, we are told we are racist.

 

This will be a huge issue in Europe, especially with regard to social compact going forward. I've noted that in many instances where aspects of society that are socialized work, the countries are primarily small, mono-cultural and the population is largely homogenous. Europe soon will be dealing with the costs and consequences of governments that cannot judge lest they be labeled racist and damaging.

That's not true. From my own experience both right and left here are concerned about it. The US is different. You just don't see the same thing happen in the US, not on the same scale at least. I think they're probably more scared to speak out and protest there.

 

There's a mix of responses here by the right and left. Overwhelmingly people are not happy about our culture being so over run by these people. Even the politicians on the left are waking up, but unfortunately not all of them. The racist charge is still wielded too frequently, but when it happens it's so glaringly obvious it's just a tool to cut people off and stifle debate, they'll be able to get away with it much less. There are broadcasters here who I've heard cut people off the line they've called in on, and accused them of being racist, just for the callers stating government facts on the high crime that these people commit. Those days are going to come to an end, or they will see the response at the voting booth. People aren't going to be shut up any more. 

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #125 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Of course we would believe it. Many of us in the U.S. have been noting the rise of radical Islamists throughout Europe for quite a while. Of course when WE mention it, we are told we are racist.

 

This will be a huge issue in Europe, especially with regard to social compact going forward. I've noted that in many instances where aspects of society that are socialized work, the countries are primarily small, mono-cultural and the population is largely homogenous. Europe soon will be dealing with the costs and consequences of governments that cannot judge lest they be labeled racist and damaging.

 

I was going to ask for clarification whether you meant homogenous or homogeneous, and then I realized that this is one of those unusual contexts where it doesn't make much difference. That's an interesting observation, by the way, and seems plausible. I'd be curious to see if any studies exist to support it.

post #126 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

That's not true. From my own experience both right and left here are concerned about it. The US is different. You just don't see the same thing happen in the US, not on the same scale at least. I think they're probably more scared to speak out and protest there.

 

Of course left and right are concerned about it but it doesn't change the outcome. The choices become this, when given a choice between wanting to slim government, or maintain government while believing they can somehow buy off or control or somehow acculturate these Islamists, they will choose the latter. Then they will do exactly what the left in the U.S. does, they will label anything that addresses them to be racist because it shuts off debate about the growth of government. It becomes a tool with a trade-off.

 

The tools become too expensive when no judgement can occur, but that is part of what we see around the world now. You simply go big on the lie and hope no one calls you on the carpet with regard to debt and bonds. If they do you get your friends together and double down on the big lie. This has been the entire nature of the EU so far.

 

Quote:
There's a mix of responses here by the right and left. Overwhelmingly people are not happy about our culture being so over run by these people. Even the politicians on the left are waking up, but unfortunately not all of them. The racist charge is still wielded too frequently, but when it happens it's so glaringly obvious it's just a tool to cut people off and stifle debate, they'll be able to get away with it much less. There are broadcasters here who I've heard cut people off the line they've called in on, and accused them of being racist, just for the callers stating government facts on the high crime that these people commit. Those days are going to come to an end, or they will see the response at the voting booth. People aren't going to be shut up any more.

 

Yes and when that result happens at the voting booth they will go into overdrive and go even deeper with their lies and charges. Here in the U.S. the media is all in for Obama. Everything is racist. When there isn't even a means of attempting to logically declare it racist they declare it a "dog whistle" and say normal thoughts are code for racist thoughts. If you say Obama and golf, or Obama comes from Chicago, you are being racist. If you declare something ought to be run by a city, county or state instead of the federal government, you are racist. The left in the U.S is certainly worried about Islamists but much like you mention, the discussion is simply shut down and declared to be intolerant. Since everyone "intolerant" is thrown out of the mob, they soon learn to shut up.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #127 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

 

Of course left and right are concerned about it but it doesn't change the outcome. The choices become this, when given a choice between wanting to slim government, or maintain government while believing they can somehow buy off or control or somehow acculturate these Islamists, they will choose the latter. Then they will do exactly what the left in the U.S. does, they will label anything that addresses them to be racist because it shuts off debate about the growth of government. It becomes a tool with a trade-off.

 

The tools become too expensive when no judgement can occur, but that is part of what we see around the world now. You simply go big on the lie and hope no one calls you on the carpet with regard to debt and bonds. If they do you get your friends together and double down on the big lie. This has been the entire nature of the EU so far.

 

 

Yes and when that result happens at the voting booth they will go into overdrive and go even deeper with their lies and charges. Here in the U.S. the media is all in for Obama. Everything is racist. When there isn't even a means of attempting to logically declare it racist they declare it a "dog whistle" and say normal thoughts are code for racist thoughts. If you say Obama and golf, or Obama comes from Chicago, you are being racist. If you declare something ought to be run by a city, county or state instead of the federal government, you are racist. The left in the U.S is certainly worried about Islamists but much like you mention, the discussion is simply shut down and declared to be intolerant. Since everyone "intolerant" is thrown out of the mob, they soon learn to shut up.

Nice word, "acculturate", a new one for me and worth using, especially now. That's exactly what they're trying to do here. Fortunately, I'm talking about the UK, we'll keep them in check. We've given them some room to live within their customs to a degree, which I think is fine. But the saying "give him an inch and he'll think he's a ruler" is true. They think that because we've given them an inch, we're gullible fools, who'll march to their beat. We won't. They are proving that they aren't trustworthy, and we need to make sure they're kept in check, which they will be. However, that road isn't always at the moment, favourable with our politicians. When it gets too blatant, rediculously they back down. Here's the Tories backing down-

 

"Moves to scale back the most widely drawn counter-terrorism powers left in the police "stop and search" armoury have been initiated by the home secretary, Theresa May.

An official consultation was launched on Thursday on the future of random "stop and detain" powers, which have been used by police special branch officers to question 70,000 travellers a year going through Britain's airports and ports.

The move follows criticism from the government's own official terror laws watchdog and within Muslim communities that people from an Asian background are 42 times more likely than white people to be targeted for these random counter-terrorism interrogations.

The national security powers, introduced under schedule 7 of the Terrorism Act 2000, allow the police and immigration officers to detain any airline, ferry or train traveller for up to nine hours to determine if they are involved in terrorism."

~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/sep/13/stop-detain-counter-terrorism-scaled-back

 

I must say though, that things aren't always what they appear to be.Sometimes resources are better spent in other areas so I won't rush to judgement about Theresa May. I think she knows what's she doing in this instance and is likely to be upping the surveillance on those people, which will lead to more leads, and paint a better picture than would have otherwise been possible. Sometimes, it's better to watch from a distance, than blow your cover.

 

I think the American's and the British, both know full well that these people will never have the power to take us back to their nightmare of intolerance and backwardness. It serves no useful purpose in a modern world. Our politicians will always choose an angle and give their side some small victories, but the ball of progress keeps rolling on, and it won't be stopped by a few radicals. They really don't have a leg to stand on except in their own countries and even there, they're just shooting themselves in the foot. That opens the door for sensible people to come in and straighten things out, and when that always provides jobs and wealth, they pretty much know they have no other choice, no matter how radical they are. 

 

 

Some info on UK muslims from wikipedia. The younger one's are becoming extremists. We need to stop them-

 

 

A 2009 survey of the attitudes of British Muslims found 77% said they identified "very strongly" with the UK, compared to 50% of the general public.[10] However, only 7% of Muslims in Britain think of themselves as British first, with 81% thinking of themselves as Muslim first.[11] 40% of British Muslims want Sharia in the UK,[12] and 28% of British Muslims want Britain to be an Islamic state.[13] A greater proportion of Muslims (almost 50%) than other religions said they are proud of Britain's stance on gay rights, with less than 11% disagreeing.[14] A survey of young British Muslims revealed that there has been a significant rise in Islamic fundamentalism amongst the younger generation. 36% of 16-24 year olds believe if a Muslim converts to another religion they should be punished by death, compared to 19% of 55+ year old Muslims, 13% of 16-24 year olds admire organisations like Al-Qaeda compared to 3% of 55+ year olds. 61% of the questioned agree that homosexuality should be illegal, and 31 % agree that Muslim conversion should be forbidden and punishable by death.[15] Majority of British Muslim have strongly conservative views on moral issues such as extra-marital sex.[16] They differ dramatically from the views held by the rest of the British population.[10]68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam.[17]

The vast majority of Muslims in the UK live in England and Wales: of 1,591,000 Muslims recorded at the 2001 Census,[18]1,536,015 were living in England and Wales,[19] where they formed 3% of the population in 2001; 42,557 were living in Scotland, forming 0.84% of the population;[20] and 1,943 were living in Northern Ireland.[21]

In 2011, it was reported that UK has around 100,000 converts to Islam with 66% of them being women"

~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_Kingdom


Edited by Hands Sandon - 9/15/12 at 1:52pm
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #128 of 207
Thread Starter 

"FBI agents have arrested a man they say planned to set off a car bomb outside a bar in downtown Chicago.

Federal prosecutors say 18-year-old Adel Daoud was arrested Friday night in an undercover operation in which agents pretending to be extremists provided him with a phony car bomb.

The U.S. District Attorney's Office in Chicago said in a news release Saturday the device was inert and the public was never at risk.

Daoud is a U.S. citizen from the Chicago suburb of Hillside.

He was charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and attempting to damage and destroy a building with an explosive.

Federal prosecutors say the FBI began monitoring him after he posted material online about violent jihad and the killing of Americans."

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #129 of 207
Thread Starter 

An interesting poll in the Guardian today. Young British people are more open to immigration and the muslim culture, and as I posted earlier the young muslims are far more likely to support Al Quaeda (13%) and want to kill those who convert from Islam (36%), than older Brits and muslims, respectively.

 

"Less than a quarter of 18-to-24-year-olds said they would be more likely to vote for a party that promised to halt all immigration, compared with more than half of those aged above 60. Similarly, 27% of the younger age group said they would vote for a party that campaigned to reduce the number of Muslims, compared with 49% of those aged over 60.

 

Goodwin, a lecturer at Nottingham University, said: "While we see further evidence of an emerging generation that is more tolerant towards – and accepting of – immigration and diversity, there remains clear potential for a party that … promises to halt immigration, reduce the number of Muslims and prioritise traditional British values over other cultures."

~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/sep/16/voters-support-anti-immigrant-party

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #130 of 207

This is just starting.
 

post #131 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

This is just starting.
 

What do you think should be done? (click the "quote" button under my post on the right to reply with the quote included, that you're responding to).

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #132 of 207
Thread Starter 

Sorry, double post.


Edited by Hands Sandon - 9/16/12 at 6:39am
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #133 of 207
Thread Starter 
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #134 of 207

Lol at those naive and foolish countries (including the US), that imports and allows enemies of the civilized world to enter and live in their countries.lol.gif

 

People have been warning about this for at least more than a decade now. Some people apparently never learn.lol.gif

post #135 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Nice word, "acculturate", a new one for me and worth using, especially now. That's exactly what they're trying to do here. Fortunately, I'm talking about the UK, we'll keep them in check. We've given them some room to live within their customs to a degree, which I think is fine. But the saying "give him an inch and he'll think he's a ruler" is true. They think that because we've given them an inch, we're gullible fools, who'll march to their beat. We won't. They are proving that they aren't trustworthy, and we need to make sure they're kept in check, which they will be. However, that road isn't always at the moment, favourable with our politicians. When it gets too blatant, rediculously they back down. Here's the Tories backing down-

 

Some info on UK muslims from wikipedia. The younger one's are becoming extremists. We need to stop them-

 

The reason they back down is because acculturation or the belief that said people must adopt the culture of the country to which they have immigrated is considered racist by the multiculturalists. When you talk about keeping them in check you are talking about monitoring or surveillance which when justified using only a cultural background or ethnicity is declared again, to be racist.

 

The reason the young ones are becoming extremists is because the multiculturalists have taught them that their own lack of success is due to the dominant culture being so racist towards them. They are also told that their own culture is the only one they can be an expert in and thus they should become an expert or perhaps even an extremist with regard to their own culture.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Lol at those naive and foolish countries (including the US), that imports and allows enemies of the civilized world to enter and live in their countries.lol.gif

 

People have been warning about this for at least more than a decade now. Some people apparently never learn.lol.gif

 

I've had some very interested buzzed beer conversations involving how the US is actually pretty lucky because regardless of what people want to argue about illegal vs legal immigration, our legal and illegal immigrants are much more likely to be compatible with our existing culture due to their coming primarily from Mexico and Latin American countries.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #136 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I've had some very interested buzzed beer conversations involving how the US is actually pretty lucky because regardless of what people want to argue about illegal vs legal immigration, our legal and illegal immigrants are much more likely to be compatible with our existing culture due to their coming primarily from Mexico and Latin American countries.

 

That is true, I've had similar conversations in the past about this topic and we also came to the same conclusion. Europe is far worse off, as there is mass importation of radical Jihadists there and while there are some nutjob Islamists in the USA, their numbers are few, and they don't represent any major threat to the USA. There are hordes of them in Europe.

 

Huge riots, car burnings, stone throwing and general uncivilized behavior will soon be a common place, everyday occurrence in certain European countries.Their enemies are already within their borders, and Europeans were frankly too stupid, cowardly and naive to prevent it. The leftists in charge there actually encouraged it. Europe is soon due for a new "dark ages". 

post #137 of 207
Thread Starter 

This is what they did to film maker Theo van Gough, Vincent van Gough's great grandson, in Holland.

 

From Wikipedia-

"Mohammed Bouyeri murdered Van Gogh as he was cycling to work in the early morning of 2 November 2004, in front of the Amsterdam East borough office (stadsdeelkantoor), on the corner of the Linnaeusstraat and Tweede Oosterparkstraat. The killer shot van Gogh eight times with an HS 2000 handgun, and Van Gogh died on the spot. The killer also tried to decapitate van Gogh with a knife, and stabbed him in the chest with another. The two knives were left implanted; one attached a five-page note to his body. The note threatened Western countries, Jews and Ayaan Hirsi Ali (who went into hiding). The note also referred to the ideologies of the Egyptian organization Takfir wal-Hijra.

The suspect, Mohammed Bouyeri, a 26-year-old Dutch-Moroccan citizen, was apprehended by the police after a chase and being shot in the leg. Bouyeri has alleged terrorist ties with the Dutch Hofstad Network. He was charged with the attempted murder of several police officers and bystanders, illegal possession of a firearm, and conspiring to murder others, including Hirsi Ali. He was convicted on 26 July 2005 and sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole."

~  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)

 

Theo van Gogh

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #138 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This is what they did to film maker Theo van Gough, Vincent van Gough's great grandson, in Holland.

 

I wonder what the Obama supporters will have to say soon about the Osama movie coming out by Sony, which has the full backing and support of the Whitehouse/Obama?lol.gif

 

Some of the protestors were chanting "Obama, we are all Osama!"

 

Will the Whitehouse go after themselves for being involved in such an insulting and offensive movie? How many people will be killed because of that movie, which is endorsed by the Whitehouse/Obama? lol.gif

 

The current admin is in full panic mode over these latest incidents and they're still pushing the stupid narrative that "it's all the film's fault!".lol.gif I have never before seen such a cowardly and appeasing, weak administration. And one last thing, an Obama super Pac took $1,000,000 from a filmmaker who made a film that was partly anti-Islam, the filmmaker, who is on the same level of a Terry Jones or the Westboro Baptist Church is called Bill Maher.

post #139 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

 

The reason they back down is because acculturation or the belief that said people must adopt the culture of the country to which they have immigrated is considered racist by the multiculturalists. When you talk about keeping them in check you are talking about monitoring or surveillance which when justified using only a cultural background or ethnicity is declared again, to be racist.

 

The reason the young ones are becoming extremists is because the multiculturalists have taught them that their own lack of success is due to the dominant culture being so racist towards them. They are also told that their own culture is the only one they can be an expert in and thus they should become an expert or perhaps even an extremist with regard to their own culture.

 

 

I've had some very interested buzzed beer conversations involving how the US is actually pretty lucky because regardless of what people want to argue about illegal vs legal immigration, our legal and illegal immigrants are much more likely to be compatible with our existing culture due to their coming primarily from Mexico and Latin American countries.

Multiculturalists don't stop people from integrating however they wish. It's an absurd notion to say they do. On the contrary multiculturalists tend to be extremely liberal, ie be like whoever you want to be like. Are there one's like you describe? Maybe, but that's not been my experience. Most people in our society think it's up to the individual to make these choices. Things are going badly wrong though. Here in the UK we need to stop any more muslim's coming here before things get any worse. I have a broad range of friends from both left and right and what I've been hearing increasingly is a real anger. 

 

Have there been any similar protests in the US? You have about the same percentage of muslims as the UK I believe. Though here their population is growing ten times faster than any other group. Things are set to get much worse too, as these north African countries are trying to get into the EU. Even in the relatively early stages of that process, their populations, which is tens of millions, would be allowed to live and work anywhere in Europe. If that ever happens, we'll definately being seeing a war in Europe. People here will go crazy.

 

And you do realise that you're a multiculturalist right?


Edited by Hands Sandon - 9/16/12 at 5:17pm
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #140 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The current admin is in full panic mode over these latest incidents and they're still pushing the stupid narrative that "it's all the film's fault!".

No they're not, that's been made totally clear. I'm strongly against those who are doing that, but it's not this administration, though I'm sure you'd love to see it that way. lol.gif

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #141 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

No they're not, that's been made totally clear. I'm strongly against those who are doing that, but it's not this administration, though I'm sure you'd love to see it that way. lol.gif

 

I get it. You just get to declare that the Obama administration is not in panic mode (and that this is all "perfectly clear") and further that you're sure others would just like to see it that way without actually proving any of this while failing to see this irony in all of this?

 

Now that's truly lol.gif worthy.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #142 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Here in the UK we need to stop any more muslim's coming here before things get any worse.

 

How...liberal and multi-culturalist of you.

 

lol.gif

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #143 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I get it. You just get to declare that the Obama administration is not in panic mode (and that this is all "perfectly clear") and further that you're sure others would just like to see it that way without actually proving any of this while failing to see this irony in all of this?

 

Now that's truly lol.gif worthy.

I suggest you read the thread, before posting.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #144 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

How...liberal and multi-culturalist of you.

 

lol.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gifIt's better than things deteriorating further.lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif Things will get ugly if things get worse. lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #145 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I suggest you read the thread, before posting.

 

I've been following the thread. It contains no proof at all that Obama & Co. are not panicking.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #146 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It's better than things deteriorating further.

 

So you're saying that allowing additional Muslim immigrants into your country would be a deterioration of conditions? And, further, that adhering to your liberal values isn't worth putting up with this deterioration?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #147 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I suggest you read the thread, before posting.

 

I've been following the thread. It contains no proof at all that Obama & Co. are not panicking.

 

And to be fair, contains no proof, and precious little of anything else, to indicate that they are.

post #148 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

And to be fair, contains no proof, and precious little of anything else, to indicate that they are.

 

Frankly, it's probably an unprovable assertion either way.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #149 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

And to be fair, contains no proof, and precious little of anything else, to indicate that they are.

 

Frankly, it's probably an unprovable assertion either way.

 

Well sure, but in the absence of evidence I'm going to assume that they are not panicking. I haven't seen any proof that Romney is not panicking either, but I've no reason to think he is.

post #150 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Well sure, but in the absence of evidence I'm going to assume that they are not panicking.

 

What evidence would suggest, to you, panic in a situation like this?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #151 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Well sure, but in the absence of evidence I'm going to assume that they are not panicking.

 

What evidence would suggest, to you, panic in a situation like this?

 

I'm not sure how to answer that, as I'm not sure how the term even really applies to a large organization. When there are so many resources and advisors on hand, you might see mistakes made, but the essential characteristics of panic seem most unlikely. Did you have any particular evidence in mind?

 

panic |ˈpanik|nounsudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety, often causing wildly unthinking behavior 

 

 

post #152 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

 

I'm not sure how to answer that, as I'm not sure how the term even really applies to a large organization. When there are so many resources and advisors on hand, you might see mistakes made, but the essential characteristics of panic seem most unlikely. Did you have any particular evidence in mind?

 

panic |ˈpanik|nounsudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety, often causing wildly unthinking behavior 

 

I'm asking you because you claim there's no evidence of it. So I'm curious what evidence of it would look like to you.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #153 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

 

I'm not sure how to answer that, as I'm not sure how the term even really applies to a large organization. When there are so many resources and advisors on hand, you might see mistakes made, but the essential characteristics of panic seem most unlikely. Did you have any particular evidence in mind?

 

panic |ˈpanik|nounsudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety, often causing wildly unthinking behavior 

 

I'm asking you because you claim there's no evidence of it. So I'm curious what evidence of it would look like to you.

 

I know why you're asking, and my comment and answer stand, and are consistent. (1) I've seen no evidence presented that indicates it, and (2) I don't know what form such evidence might take. And just to pre-empt any suggestion that (2) implies that I would not recognize the evidence if I saw it, no, it does not imply that.

 

And my question stands too, since it is just my opinion that there has been no such evidence presented here. If you do think that you have seen evidence, what does it look like?

post #154 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

 

I know why you're asking, and my comment and answer stand, and are consistent. (1) I've seen no evidence presented that indicates it, and (2) I don't know what form such evidence might take. And just to pre-empt any suggestion that (2) implies that I would not recognize the evidence if I saw it, no, it does not imply that.

 

And my question stands too, since it is just my opinion that there has been no such evidence presented here.

 

Your pre-emption notwithstanding, you have no way of knowing whether there's any panic happening because you have no way to articulate what that would look like.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #155 of 207

This is a cancer that is rapidly spreading throughout the world and is getting more serious in our lives everyday we exist.
 

post #156 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I know why you're asking, and my comment and answer stand, and are consistent. (1) I've seen no evidence presented that indicates it, and (2) I don't know what form such evidence might take. And just to pre-empt any suggestion that (2) implies that I would not recognize the evidence if I saw it, no, it does not imply that.

And my question stands too, since it is just my opinion that there has been no such evidence presented here.

Your pre-emption notwithstanding, you have no way of knowing whether there's any panic happening because you have no way to articulate what that would look like.

What a pointless and fallacious response. Just because one cannot define what an event might look like, if it were to occur, does not mean that one cannot characterize it if one sees it. I could not have predicted what evidence of sophistry on your part would look like, but I can tell you that I have now seen it - an intentional false conclusion.

And you avoided my question, which tells me that you were more interested in scoring points than exploring the issue.
post #157 of 207
Thread Starter 

Posted to make a clear statement, so clear, even a two year old could understand it. Yawn, if I could.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The current admin is in full panic mode over these latest incidents and they're still pushing the stupid narrative that "it's all the film's fault!".

Hands Sandon

 

No they're not, that's been made totally clear. I'm strongly against those who are doing that, but it's not this administration, though I'm sure you'd love to see it that way. lol.gif

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #158 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post


...which tells me that you were more interested in scoring points than exploring the issue.

And often by changing the subject and ignoring any other posts you've made. Gets annoying pretty quick.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #159 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post


...which tells me that you were more interested in scoring points than exploring the issue.

And often by changing the subject and ignoring any other posts you've made. Gets annoying pretty quick.

 

I've actually found MJ to be much more open to discussion than others here. Not sure what the deal is on this issue, but I'd like to figure it out. I was rather frustrated when I wrote my last post, but a bit late to edit it now.

post #160 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

 

I've actually found MJ to be much more open to discussion than others here. Not sure what the deal is on this issue, but I'd like to figure it out. I was rather frustrated when I wrote my last post, but a bit late to edit it now.

He is when you only talk about what he's talking about. When it's what you're talking about it, forget it.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bloody Hell Romney: Show Some Patriotism During This Awful Crisis!