or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bloody Hell Romney: Show Some Patriotism During This Awful Crisis!

Bloody Hell Romney: Show Some Patriotism During This Awful Crisis! - Page 6

post #201 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Unfortunately these occasional lapses are an inevitable consequence of the requirement for congressional oversight of intelligence operations. In most cases it gets dealt with, albeit clumsily, behind the scenes, but many politicians seem to be complete amateurs when it comes to understanding the reasons and mechanisms for protecting classified matter. When they are hot on the scent of an election victory I don't think it is uppermost in their minds.

Of course it's not nearly as bad as the Obama's Admins intentional release of classified information to puff him up and make him look tough.

I'm not sure to what you refer, and given how you phrased it I suspect there is not much point trying to discuss it, but bear in mind that it is within the President's executive authority to declassify as he sees fit.

But, if you are talking about information released after the bin Laden operation, then it did not happen at all, since not only was the information not classified, but it was determined by the DOD not even to be sensitive. Those are terms with specific meanings, just in case you are not aware of that. They do not mean information that someone, somewhere, does not think should be shared.

post #202 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Given the repubs in congress voted to cut funding for security you don't even have a leg to stand on, even if you had one to stand on in first place, which you didn't.

LOL.  Straight from the Biden talking points memo.  Let me get this straight:  You're claiming that there wasn't more security because of lack of funds?  You'd have to be...otherwise we're discussing another topic.  If you want to talk about how "the Republican Congress" (even though there isn't one) "cut funding," that's fine.  But for now let's stick to the topic.  

• The State Department repeatedly denied requests for more security
  • The State Department knew the attack was terrorism within 24 hours
  • The Administration blamed the internet video for 14 days.  This includes the President and Secretary of State personally.  
  • Susan Rice went on 5 Sunday talk shows and claimed the attack was spontaneous...a full week AFTER they knew it was terrorism.  
  • The Administration then blamed the intelligence community.   
  • The President and his surrogates contradicted the interim President of Libya in saying the attack was spontaneous.  
  • The Administration now says it was terrorism 

The question, Hands, is who told Susan Rice it was spontaneous?  She and the administration claimed "the intelligence community" told them that.  But we know, as a matter of FACT, that this isn't true.  

Oh, and back to Cutter:  She actually went on national TV and claimed that the only reason the Libya attack was an issue in the election is because of Mitt Romeny and Paul Ryan.  AYFKM? Is an issue to the Ambassador's family?  The dead Navy SEALs? 

But wait, there's still more:  Debbie WTF-Shultz just claimed that wrong information isn't "false" information.   OK.

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #203 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Nice to see you're still around Hands. When you get a chance, please answer my question above: Who should be held responsible for the intelligence failure?

After all, you started the thread based on the idea that Romney's criticism of Obama's response was unpatriotic.

Now that it's been shown that Obama lied to the entire country (again), I'm wondering if you still think Romney was unpatriotic for not going along with the lie.

Quote:

All you've done is make ludicrous accusations based on ignorance, to damn the US president. There really isn't anything to it, except vote hunting for the repubs. What you personally get out of it, is beyond me.

Actually, the ludicrous accusation started this thread.

You claimed Romney was being 'unpatriotic' for questioning Obama's narrative on the Libyan terrorist attack occurring on his watch.

Now that it's been shown that Obama indeed lied to the country (and, the world) about what was occurring in Libya, I simply asked if you still thought Romney was unpatriotic for his questioning of the official account.

It should be an easy question to answer.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #204 of 207

What was unpatriotic was the Republicans outing more CIA operations just like they outed Valerie Plame.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-letting-us-in-on-a-secret/2012/10/10/ba3136ca-132b-11e2-ba83-a7a396e6b2a7_story.html?hpid=z2&wp_login_redirect=0

Quote:

The Republican lawmakers, in their outbursts, alternated between scolding the State Department officials for hiding behind classified material and blaming them for disclosing information that should have been classified. But the lawmakers created the situation by ordering a public hearing on a matter that belonged behind closed doors.

Republicans were aiming to embarrass the Obama administration over State Department security lapses. But they inadvertently caused a different picture to emerge than the one that has been publicly known: that the victims may have been let down not by the State Department but by the CIA. If the CIA was playing such a major role in these events, which was the unmistakable impression left by Wednesday’s hearing, having a televised probe of the matter was absurd.

The chairman, attempting to close his can of worms, finally suggested that “the entire committee have a classified briefing as to any and all other assets that were not drawn upon but could have been drawn upon” in Benghazi.

Good idea. Too bad he didn’t think of that before putting the CIA on C-SPAN.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #205 of 207
Quote:

Quote:

Nice to see you're still around Hands. When you get a chance, please answer my question above: Who should be held responsible for the intelligence failure?

After all, you started the thread based on the idea that Romney's criticism of Obama's response was unpatriotic.

Now that it's been shown that Obama lied to the entire country (again), I'm wondering if you still think Romney was unpatriotic for not going along with the lie.

Quote:

All you've done is make ludicrous accusations based on ignorance, to damn the US president. There really isn't anything to it, except vote hunting for the repubs. What you personally get out of it, is beyond me.

Actually, the ludicrous accusation started this thread.

You claimed Romney was being 'unpatriotic' for questioning Obama's narrative on the Libyan terrorist attack occurring on his watch.

Now that it's been shown that Obama indeed lied to the country (and, the world) about what was occurring in Libya, I simply asked if you still thought Romney was unpatriotic for his questioning of the official account.

It should be an easy question to answer.

Calling Romney unpatriotic is silly, but I think his comments were, at the time he made them, an ill-judged attempt to score political points. Romney was criticized originally not for questioning the narrative, which had not yet been given or disputed, but for questioning the immediate response to the event. The argument over the apparently misleading account of the background to the event came later, and is a different issue.

post #206 of 207

Lamb:  Budget was not an issue in lack of security personnel.  

Quote:

In testimony Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked, “Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?

Lamb responded, “No, sir.”

Recall that Lamb is the person who denied requests from the top diplomatic security officer in Libya to retain a 16-man team of military personnel who had been protecting diplomats.

post #207 of 207
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bloody Hell Romney: Show Some Patriotism During This Awful Crisis!