or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's website reveals iPhone 5 name, plus new iPod touch, nano & iTunes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's website reveals iPhone 5 name, plus new iPod touch, nano & iTunes - Page 2

post #41 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider2011 View Post

 

 

 

shut up.

HEY, DID YOU KNOW THE 11,3 IMAC SHOULD TECHNICALLY BE IMAC 17?

HEY, DID YOU KNOW MAC OS 10.8.1 SHOULD BE MAC OS 19.1?

HEY, DID YOU KNOW THE RMBP SHOULD BE THE 25TH ITERATION OF THE MACBOOK FAMILY?

 

 

 

 

 

Please note: Numbers were pulled from thine arse.

... at night.

Reply

... at night.

Reply
post #42 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post


You may call it the "new" iPhone if you'd prefer.

No preferences there on my side. Just amusement about the different "logics" behind the possible names.

 

Now that we know, that the 6th iPhone will be called iPhone 5, can we start to argue about the naming of the 7th iPhone?

 

how about iPhone 6W?

post #43 of 145

It should just be the NEW iPhone.

post #44 of 145
The problem with just naming the new iPhone "new iPhone", which is what they do with most of their products, is that they continue to sell several generations of old devices at lower prices, so they need model names. This isn't a problem with the MacBook Air, for example, because they stopped selling the MacBook Air 4,1 when the 5,1 came out.
post #45 of 145

The leaks are unbelievable.  Tim Cook, WTF?    

Windows survivor - after a long, epic and painful struggle. Very long AAPL

Reply

Windows survivor - after a long, epic and painful struggle. Very long AAPL

Reply
post #46 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

The leaks are unbelievable.  Tim Cook, WTF?    

The only reason Apple was able to keep it's secrets in the past was that people were scared of Steve.

post #47 of 145

store.apple.com/ sites are down for update..............................
 

post #48 of 145
Originally Posted by RichL View Post
Tallest Skill's head is going to explode!

 

Guess I might get to use that image after all… 


Originally Posted by mstfgrdn View Post
What time it is going to be released? Do you know when the introduction will be held?

 

September 21st. Introduction's at 10 PST. This is stuff you really need to be searching for.


Originally Posted by muppetry View Post
Commiserations TS. For the record, I agreed with you.

 

I thank you for being rational, logical, and not bowing to public opinion. Unlike Apple, apparently.


Originally Posted by RedRaider2011 View Post
shut up.

 

Either explain to us why the 6th iPhone running iOS 6 on an A6 processor should be called "iPhone 5" or… shut up, yourself. lol.gif


Originally Posted by lightknight View Post
OMG... Apple made a mistake. Let's have TS correct the website's HTML and edit the 5 out.

 

Oh, I'm no good at all with website code.


Originally Posted by silverpraxis View Post

…as long as iPhone is in the name, it'll sell with whatever suffix is appended to it.

 

That's about the worst position Apple could be in.


Originally Posted by neosum View Post
Apple is obviously not following your naming scheme.

 

Or their own. 


Originally Posted by NormM View Post
The problem with just naming the new iPhone "new iPhone", which is what they do with most of their products, is that they continue to sell several generations of old devices at lower prices, so they need model names.

 

Not in the slightest. iPad.


Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post
The leaks are unbelievable.  Tim Cook, WTF?    

 

What leaks? Oh, you mean the ones that are identical and not even as worse as the ones before every event when Steve Jobs was alive? Get over it.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #49 of 145

Get over it.
 

post #50 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormM View Post

The problem with just naming the new iPhone "new iPhone", which is what they do with most of their products, is that they continue to sell several generations of old devices at lower prices, so they need model names. This isn't a problem with the MacBook Air, for example, because they stopped selling the MacBook Air 4,1 when the 5,1 came out.

This seems quite plausible. But then again they call the 3rd iPad the new iPad, while they are still selling the iPad2.

So really Apples logic behind their naming pattern is quit erratic.

post #51 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Apple follows the naming scheme (obviously), not the physical number of iPhones released. 

I thought this would have at least been obvious by the time the iPhone 4 was released. 

Huh? The 4 is the 4th device.. I really don't care what the name is.
post #52 of 145
Originally Posted by Wovel View Post
Huh? The 4 is the 4th device.. I really don't care what the name is.

 

But now the 5 (might be) the sixth device. 

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #53 of 145

New iTunes seems exciting- and so does the new nano.  I already know everything about the iPhone for the most part hardware-wise (software I think we'll still get some new info)- but the Nano we all really know nothing.  iTunes- with the exception of something similar to spotify- we don't know a ton about either.  I eagerly await those announcements even more than the iPhone.

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I thank you for being rational, logical, and not bowing to public opinion. Unlike Apple, apparently.

 

Or their own. 

You have no idea what Apple's naming schemes are or their thoughts behind the scenes.  To quote yourself so eloquently- That's why you don't work for Apple.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #54 of 145

Who gives a shit whether it's iPhone 5, 6 or something else.  Why is that such a big deal?!?
 

post #55 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


And yet 4S came after 4 and 5 is coming after 4S. You can spin it any way you want but it's irrational to say that a '5' comes after an 'S' or '4S' and that w should never use '2".
Your next argument would likely be to say that the internal model of the CPU is 5,1 but then that would make the pecking order iPhone, iPhone S, iPhone 2, iPhone 3, iPhone 3V (for Verizon since that was 3,3), iPhone 4, and iPhone 5. Clearly that isn't how they were named.

 

5 comes after 4.  It seems Soli here doesn't understand it.

 

You can spin it any way you like...but Apple's calling it iPhone 5.

 

How do nitpickers like you get out of bed.  Lol.

 

Lemon Bon Bon. 

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply
post #56 of 145
so...now all you guys who argued vehemently that it would not be called iphone 5 can spin it anyway you want but it is the iphone 5.
It is what it is.....

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #57 of 145
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

You have no idea what Apple's naming schemes are or their thoughts behind the scenes.

 

Other than when they told us on stage exactly why they called their devices the names they called them (every keynote), you're right.


Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Who gives a shit whether it's iPhone 5, 6 or something else.  Why is that such a big deal?!?

 

Apple has always been about giving people "what they wanted, not what they thought they wanted". Calling the 6th device "iPhone 5" is bowing not only to what idiots in the public think—the John Q. Public who have no knowledge of the internals of Apple—but is also a virtual admittance of the stupid, pathetic whining last year that the iPhone 4S "was a stopgap" and that we were "supposed to get the iPhone 5 last year, therefore since we didn't, the next phone will be iPhone 5". The name is only still in the public mindset because of these idiots, their unrealistic expectations before the launch of the last iPhone, and the stupid rumor that Apple would be releasing TWO PHONES at the same time. 

 

The next step down the ladder is design by committee.

 

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
It is what it is.....

 

Not until Cook's on stage with it, it isn't.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #58 of 145

I can't remember who said it, but on another thread there was an explanation about why the new iPad dropped the suffix.  I think it was explained that if they kept the suffix and released an iPad Mini, then what do you call the next gen iPad and iPad mini?  For example, if they named it the current iPad, "iPad 3", then the Mini would be what?  Then the next release?  iPad mini 2 and iPad 4?  That would be a mess.  However, the next question would be, will Apple stop selling the iPad 2 after the release of the Next "new iPad"?


The naming is crazy right now.

 

My guess is the iPhone 5 is the name because they are still selling previous versions.

post #59 of 145

Yes, Geekdad.  There's no spinning this one.

 

iPhone 5!  YES! :P

 

Lemon Bon Bon.

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply
post #60 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

This seems quite plausible. But then again they call the 3rd iPad the new iPad, while they are still selling the iPad2.

So really Apples logic behind their naming pattern is quit erratic.

 

Traditionally, Apple doesn't use version numbers at all, except sometimes at the very beginning of a products cycle.  So the whole thing with the numbers is unusual, new, and could easily go away anytime.  

 

Traditionally, Apple expands the price envelope on it's product lines by introducing new products (nano, mini, etc.), not by re-selling old versions of said products, so that could easily go away at any time also.  

 

The existence of the product numbers in iPhones then indicates that there is not currently an "iPhone Pro" or an "iPhone mini" or an "iPhone nano" in the mix.  

 

When and if they switch from this stupid, ungainly thing with the version numbers (that aren't really version numbers), to a more sane product naming convention the same as their other product lines remains to be seen.  

 

I'm still holding out hope that the whole "iPhone 5" thing is a joke, and that they will soon move to expand the iPhone line.  If the new iPod nano goes back to the candy bar form factor as rumoured this time, I think this might happen as early as next year.  This is more of a hope than it is based on any actual information on my part though. 

 

I'm also hoping that all these leaks are similarly a setup by Apple as they are just a complete fail otherwise.  A fail of epic proportions in fact.  The only thing we don't really know much about in regards the event today is what the "loop" accessory for the new iPods is.  

 

A lanyard attachment point?  A "Loope" spelled incorrectly?

post #61 of 145
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post
My guess is the iPhone 5 is the name because they are still selling previous versions.

 

That doesn't explain the choice of name and implies that at some point in the future they wouldn't sell previous versions.


Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post
I'm still holding out hope that the whole "iPhone 5" thing is a joke…

 

Agreed.

 

I'm also hoping that all these leaks are similarly a setup by Apple as they are just a complete fail otherwise.  A fail of epic proportions in fact.  The only thing we don't really know much about in regards the event today is what the "loop" accessory for the new iPods is.  A lanyard attachment point?  A "Loope" spelled incorrectly?

 

Completely and utterly disagreed. We can't say squat about what's actually being announced, much less what's in just the 6th iPhone.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #62 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Other than when they told us on stage exactly why they called their devices the names they called them (every keynote), you're right.

 

Apple has always been about giving people "what they wanted, not what they thought they wanted". Calling the 6th device "iPhone 5" is bowing not only to what idiots in the public think—the John Q. Public who have no knowledge of the internals of Apple—but is also a virtual admittance of the stupid, pathetic whining last year that the iPhone 4S "was a stopgap" and that we were "supposed to get the iPhone 5 last year, therefore since we didn't, the next phone will be iPhone 5". The name is only still in the public mindset because of these idiots, their unrealistic expectations before the launch of the last iPhone, and the stupid rumor that Apple would be releasing TWO PHONES at the same time. 

 

The next step down the ladder is design by committee.

 

 

Not until Cook's on stage with it, it isn't.

 

None of what you say matters.  Apple sold loads of 4s.  They'll loads more of '5'.

 

Most people don't care.  They won't lose sleep over it.  Or cause a fight in an empty phone box over it.

 

It's iPhone 5 and it's going to be great.

 

I'm going from '4' to '5'.  

 

Seems easy enough to me. ;)

 

Lemon Bon Bon.

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply
post #63 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Who gives a shit whether it's iPhone 5, 6 or something else.  Why is that such a big deal?!?
 

 

You'll find that a lot of tech people and a lot of intelligent people, prefer logic and order over random names.  

 

That's why. 

post #64 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

That doesn't explain the choice of name and implies that at some point in the future they wouldn't sell previous versions.

i wasn't trying to argue what they should call the next iPhone, just that it will have a suffix because they are currently still selling previous models, and they need a way to differentiate them.

I've always agreed with you about naming.  I think it's perfectly logical to name the next iPhone, "iPhone 6" since they obviously have no problem skipping numbers.

post #65 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpraxis View Post

 I don't know when the 10am keynote starts either.

 

Unless he(she) is in the UK and has to wait until 6pm. 

post #66 of 145

I think they decided that if the phone looks the same as it's previous version is doesn't get a number bump, so that would imply that this phone will look different than the 4.

post #67 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

 

Unless he(she) is in the UK and has to wait until 6pm. 

 

But ultimately you are on the same schedule we are and will hear at the same moment.  Seeing it is 4:30 PM in the UK

post #68 of 145
Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post
None of what you say matters.

 

Of course not. Apple giving up one of the fundamental philosophies that made it what it is today certainly doesn't matter in the slightest.

😵

Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post
i wasn't trying to argue what they should call the next iPhone, just that it will have a suffix because they are currently still selling previous models, and they need a way to differentiate them.

 

Apple dropped it on the iPad.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #69 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

...

Completely and utterly disagreed. We can't say squat about what's actually being announced, much less what's in just the 6th iPhone.

 

I don't know why I'm bothering because I know you have this pathological thing about never admitting being wrong, but ...

 

You have to admit we know far far more this time than ever before.  We know the products being announced, we know their names, we know something about the marketing of each, we know what colours, we know the brand names, we know what sizes (iPods).  

 

We know what the software (iOS 6) looks like and pretty much all of it's features.  When it comes to the next iPhone, we know what the outside looks like, we know what the inside looks like, we know each individual part, (excepting perhaps the camera), we know what chips, we know what processes were used to make them, we know what all the cables look like, we know how much they are going to cost and when they will be available.  

 

All in a year when the CEO of the company *publicly* announced that security was going to be "doubled down." 

 

This is why I hold out hope that Apple is just fooling with us about the leaks and about "iPhone 5."  The biggest single point of evidence for that hope (IMO of course) is not the fact that it "should" be called iPhone 6, but the fact that if they *aren't* fooling with us, then they are complete idiots at keeping anything secret since Steve Jobs left.  

 

IMO Apple is looking like a bunch of amateur doofuses this year, and I cling to the hope that they are actually playing a sort of meta game with us, primarily because I just can't face the reality of this crap if they aren't.  

 

Caving to public opinion (the opinion of idiots mind you), over the iPhone 5 name (if indeed that's what they have called it), is a horrible, horrible precedent.  it's just plain sad that they would do this kind of crap.  

post #70 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

That's a good idea. The whole iTunes Store feels too much like a website than an app to me.

 

It does. A radical overhaul has been needed for years.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

 

You'll find that a lot of tech people and a lot of intelligent people, prefer logic and order over random names.  

 

That's why. 

 

Exactly, logic like having each completely new design of an iPhone sport a new number. The 3GS had the same design as the 3G and the 4S had basically the same as the 4.

New design, new name. I thought it was either going to be 5 or just New iPhone. The idea of thinking that it would be the iPhone 6 was the stupidest ever.

post #71 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Other than when they told us on stage exactly why they called their devices the names they called them (every keynote), you're right.

I'd really like to see a citation for this statement.

I've watched all the keynotes back to the first one...I've even looked at Wikipedia and scoured the internet.  I can't find a single quote that states, "we named the iphone X because of Y"  There has been a lot of mutual speculation why but never a clear quote from anyone at Apple (credible and named source) declaring why they named any of the previous phones what they did.

post #72 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

 

Unless he(she) is in the UK and has to wait until 6pm. 


We don't have to wait more, we are in the future :P

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

I'd really like to see a citation for this statement.

I've watched all the keynotes back to the first one...I've even looked at Wikipedia and scoured the internet.  I can't find a single quote that states, "we named the iphone X because of Y"  There has been a lot of mutual speculation why but never a clear quote from anyone at Apple (credible and named source) declaring why they named any of the previous phones what they did.

 

The 3GS was clearly called like that for Speed.

post #73 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Of course not. Apple giving up one of the fundamental philosophies that made it what it is today certainly doesn't matter in the slightest.

😵

 

Apple dropped it on the iPad.

 

It still doesn't matter.  What you say doesn't matter. :)

 

It's '5'.  Apple gave up on a lot of things.

 

They're worth billions and you are not.

 

5 comes after 4.  They have their rational for calling it '5'.  It doesn't matter whether you or anyone else agree.  Millions will buy it.

 

Lemon Bon Bon.

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply
post #74 of 145
What! of course Apple are going to have added "iPhone 5" into their search metadata, in the same way they added iPad 3 and we all know what happened there. Not having the search criteria for one of the most currently searched things would be very silly.
post #75 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Other than when they told us on stage exactly why they called their devices the names they called them (every keynote), you're right.

 

Apple has always been about giving people "what they wanted, not what they thought they wanted". Calling the 6th device "iPhone 5" is bowing not only to what idiots in the public think—the John Q. Public who have no knowledge of the internals of Apple—but is also a virtual admittance of the stupid, pathetic whining last year that the iPhone 4S "was a stopgap" and that we were "supposed to get the iPhone 5 last year, therefore since we didn't, the next phone will be iPhone 5". The name is only still in the public mindset because of these idiots, their unrealistic expectations before the launch of the last iPhone, and the stupid rumor that Apple would be releasing TWO PHONES at the same time. 

 

The next step down the ladder is design by committee.

 

 

Not until Cook's on stage with it, it isn't.

at this point it is just sour grapes :-)

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #76 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Tallest Skill's head is going to explode!

 

I don't care about his head exploding, but if he had an ounce of class he's sticky a public apology to the whole board, for his all his harrassment over the past year to people who believed that JUST MAYBE it would be called what it ended up being called, or had the gall to call it that in a post, always provoking a rant or a mocking thrashing. I would definitely feel the need to apologize, but then again, that's me. 

post #77 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

5 comes after 4.  It seems Soli here doesn't understand it.

You can spin it any way you like...but Apple's calling it iPhone 5.

How do nitpickers like you get out of bed.  Lol.

Lemon Bon Bon. 

It's understandable- have you ever heard him define numerical sequencing in a decade?
post #78 of 145
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post
I don't know why I'm bothering because I know you have this pathological thing about never admitting being wrong, but ...

 

Yes, that's obviously the case… 

 

You have to admit we know far far more this time than ever before.

 

No, with the iPhone 4, we KNEW. DEFINITIVELY. the processor name, because we had an entire phone, high resolution images, and proof of Apple manufacture. We don't know that here (though it's looking like A6). 


We know the products being announced, we know their names, we know something about the marketing of each, we know what colours, we know the brand names, we know what sizes (iPods).

 

We don't know any of that. Would you mind listing exactly what we're getting, since we 'know' it? 


We know what the software (iOS 6) looks like and pretty much all of it's features.

 

… Just like every single year because they announce the software in advance. What we still don't know, and which we never know, are the hardware-specific features.


This is why I hold out hope that Apple is just fooling with us about the leaks and about "iPhone 5."  The biggest single point of evidence for that hope (IMO of course) is not the fact that it "should" be called iPhone 6, but the fact that if they *aren't* fooling with us, then they are complete idiots at keeping anything secret since Steve Jobs left.

 

So you're ignoring that even worse leaks than these happened when Steve Jobs was alive, of course, because… "this never would have happened if Steve was around" is so tempting to post? Come ON, people. I have absolutely no usable short or long term memory, but I can go the frick back and read old articles that show in many cases we knew more then for those than we do now for this! 


IMO Apple is looking like a bunch of amateur doofuses this year, and I cling to the hope that they are actually playing a sort of meta game with us, primarily because I just can't face the reality of this crap if they aren't.
 
Caving to public opinion (the opinion of idiots mind you), over the iPhone 5 name (if indeed that's what they have called it), is a horrible, horrible precedent.  it's just plain sad that they would do this kind of crap.

 

We diverge up there, but we come right back together here. Agreed. 

 

Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post
I'd really like to see a citation for this statement.

 

I believe the only time it wasn't mentioned at the keynote was for the iPhone 3G S (because there WAS a space initially), and then in some interview one of the execs (maybe Steve himself) confirmed it was for 'speed'. 

 

Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post
It still doesn't matter.  What you say doesn't matter. :)

It's '5'.  Apple gave up on a lot of things.

They're worth billions and you are not.

5 comes after 4.  They have their rational for calling it '5'.  It doesn't matter whether you or anyone else agree.  Millions will buy it.

 

And people call ME a blind fanboy, unable to claim Apple has ever done wrong… lol.gif

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #79 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post


We don't have to wait more, we are in the future :P

 

 

 

The 3GS was clearly called like that for Speed.

I've heard and read about that, but it's still all speculation from the media and forums.  And doesn't answer my request for citation.

post #80 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by stniuk View Post

I think they decided that if the phone looks the same as it's previous version is doesn't get a number bump, so that would imply that this phone will look different than the 4.


That seems to be the case so far. A new form factor came with a new number while internal incremental upgrades came with a letter. The only exception to this pattern was the iphone 3g, which looked like the first iphone (except for the aluminum backing). But from 3 to 4 to 5 (assuming it'll be called 5 with a new form factor), it's been a new number with each new form factor. It doesn't matter what anyone else says or tries to argue. At the end of the day, it is what it is and we'll find out soon enough. I think it's obvious that 5 is going to be the name.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple's website reveals iPhone 5 name, plus new iPod touch, nano & iTunes
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's website reveals iPhone 5 name, plus new iPod touch, nano & iTunes