or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple unveils redesigned iPhone 5 with 4-inch display, 4G LTE

Apple unveils redesigned iPhone 5 with 4-inch display, 4G LTE - Page 5

post #161 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

The iPhone 5 has an A6 Processor.  I am assuming that the A6 processor in the iPhone 5 is a dual core not quad core.  If it was a quad core they would have mentioned it.

They also did not mention whether it is based on A9 or A15 ARM reference design. That is the 2x performance comes from the surged CPU frequency rate or the new architecture.

post #162 of 384

I've just seen the UK prices (sim free) ... From £529 , given the 4S could be had for £499, this is a £30 price rise

the 30-pin Doc to Lightning connector is £25

It seems Apple has raised prices across the board, this is not good given how their competition is dropping prices

post #163 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

No, I won't say NFC. NFC is already available in a lot of Android phones...

NFC isn't necessarally the best solution. And Apple hasn't needed in their own stores, which which they've now had a lot of experience with. I've bought a number of items using their app, which works well, and doesn't need me to go to a terminal, wait in line, and swipe.

Interestingly, it's been found that NFC isn't all that secure either.

There are other companies beginning to use Apple's system. Considering that there is no standard for NFC on a mobile device, but rather three or four, attempting to gain control of this, and so far, Google's has proven a bust, the field is wide open.

I would prefer something using WiFi or BT instead. As every mobile device has WiFi, it wouldn't require new hardware, just software. With BT, it would require 4.0, which Apple is putting in all of its mobile devices, and is coming out in other manufacturers devices as well.
post #164 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombra2105 View Post

I'm really becoming disillusioned with Apple. I love my iPhone 4S (which I purchased at full price and not on contract) and I love iCloud and I also really like my new MacBook Pro. But is this really the best they can do?
Sure, people will still queue for days to get their hands on this iPhone, but I certainly won't. What they've really announced is an upgraded iPhone 4S with an extra row of icons and a wireless technology that is no where near ready for mass use. I remember the days when Apple set the market, not just followed it. Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave right now.
To be fair, I am looking forward to the availability of iOS 6 and this upgraded iTunes that was mentioned earlier today. Scott Forstall, you have to become CEO as soon as possible and take the company out of the hands of Tim Cook and the Dixons guy. It took more than numbers and spreadsheets to create the brand that is Apple, it took imagination.
Perhaps this is an unfair critique (and I would be happy to be told that it is), or perhaps personal/mobile technology has reached a point where it's future can only be evolutionary and not revolutionary.

The "Steve Jobs rolling in this grave" shit is getting pretty despicable, considering you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You realize the 3G, 3GS, and 4S were all under his watch? This is definitely a bigger update than all of those relative to their prior versions.  Why don't you provide us a list of what you would have realistically expected this phone to include, because your rant contained nothing of the sort. Seriously, make a list. Cause of all the bitching and moaning, I haven't seen one yet. It's a better phone and a better internet device in every single way imaginable. What, exactly, did you expect? What are your major critiques? Bigger screen? That's pretty much the only thing I'm hearing, and it's a completely subjective issue and has nothing to do with innovation. People like you have knee-jerk negative reactions, but apparently don't have a shred of insight as to name anything they would have actually done. Oh wait, you're pissed they included LTE, probably the most asked for feature, and would have preferred if they didn't. Gotcha. 

post #165 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

And you're lucky you're here, because usually, any disagreement with a mod is reason for immediate ejection.

Wow we lucky or what? I think about 90% of the regular users would be gone by this point after that iPhone 5 naming insult fest.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #166 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Love all the predictable, "dissapointed" posts here. Same each and every time. Apple basically reengineered, rethought, and improved every SINGLE internal aspect of the phone, including all audio/video subsystems, dramatically improved hardware, completely different build materials, better back and front camera, LTE, larger screen, new connectors AND headphones, etc etc..there's nothing they didn't touch or massively improve. But yeah it's a 'meh' and 'minor' update, cause it looks 'generally' the same. You people would have preferred if Apple slapped on a large-ass screen, wrapped it around in shitty plastic, and called it a day- thats INNOVATION, right?

Except they did the same for the 4S, too, and you've actually lost features this time around (CDMA and GSM phones are different models again). The main camera has not been changed, either; the exterior redesign was unnecessary; the new dock connector was unnecessary, headphones are more of an iPod feature than an iPhone feature (and I like them).
post #167 of 384
  • First of all, a very mehhh presentation... I miss those magical days when Steve was around exciting the crowd with unique and surprising ways to showcase products. The way the iPhone 5 appeared physically on stage was so trashy. Also Tim Cook is bland. He has reiterated the same things over and over again since iPhone 4S, iPad3 and WWDC 2012 presentations about how Apple is passionate about this and that blah blah... I'd like to see Apple presentations bring up more nostalgia of why Apple exists.

• Secondly the iPhone 5 looks pretty sleek! Having visited the iPhone page on the Apple site and checked out the photography/renderings. My views of the new design have changed. I really wasn't digging the leaked photos at all. The build, thinness and balance in materiality and form is superb.

• Thirdly, why no 128Gb iPhone & iPod Touch? my HD video, Photos, App data and App sizes are all getting heavier by the day.

• Fourth - No mention of the transfer rate of LIGHTING. usb3?

• Fifth - Please fire Browett

I will probably not upgrade from my iPhone 4S which was upgraded from an iPhone 4 and before that a iPhone 3GS... roll on 2013 for next iPhone.

Cheers

post #168 of 384

I thought the star of the show was the iPod nano.

As far as the iPhone is concerned, it looks OK, still think the Lumia 920 looks better. Not really interested in LTE at the moment ( In the UK and the dataplan is expensive) and the frequency is not optimal)  I am due an upgrade so will probably get one. Couple of things, why go on about the thinness when most people put protective cases on them. Also Im glad there is no NFC. Using your phone to tap something suggests you can scratch it 

iMac 27" 2.93ghz i7 MacBook Air 13" iphone4 ipod classic AppleTV 

iMac 27" 2.93ghz i7 MacBook Air 13" iphone4 ipod classic AppleTV 

post #169 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post

Another choice stupid comment. Laptops are not changing and evolving at the rate and scale smartphones are.  In the smartphone world tech and devices are growing in leaps and bounds. Apple seems to have left that world and joined the incremental update world. That was fine with the 4S, but now it's the third phone without major changes that lead with new features, and I'm not talking about the design of the exterior. They follow behind Android by a year or more.

Seriously, WTF do you honestly expect from a new phone for christs sake? In case you hadn't noticed, Android isn't really innovating right now either. The only distinguishing aspects in that camp is now screen size.

They could have thrown NFC in but is that really a "WOW" factor?

Just what would "WOW" you now?

Welcome to incremental evolutionary steps from here on out. Perhaps there will be another Siri like feature but for the most part, with ALL phones, the form factor is now pretty stabilized.

Perhaps the OS will get a fresher look but how is that "revolutionary"? What is in the "WOW factor" in new icons?

post #170 of 384

From what I can tell, the phone still has all the same 3g compatibility that the 4s has, In addition to that it has select LTE capabilities, based on the model.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

You can still travel with your phone, you just wont get LTE speeds everywhere.

actually... taking a closer look, it appears the CDMA is the only phone that has all the lower speed options in addition to their LTE bands. The GSM versions have no CDMA support now.

That does seem odd. Is CDMA really all that useful out of the states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoeditor View Post

By far the most important feature -- the choice of LTE bands on the different versions of the phone.  Verizon, Sprint and potentially US Cellular customers will be delighted -- all current and future LTE spectrum on these carriers is represented along with a healthy dollop of international coverage, a feature that simply isn't replicated on any Android device at present.  AT&T and potentially T-Mobile customers have been screwed.  Only the lower 700MHz band and AWS LTE spectrum are on the phone and inexplicably the international frequencies are left off entirely, a situation that additionally leaves the iPhone without any hardware advantages over Android on these carriers.  Honestly, it's beyond a slap in the face to the US GSM side; it's bizarre.  It doesn't make any sense.  

Apple may as well try their level best to come up with a single version that supports all seven LTE bands in this release.  One sort of wonders why they didn't do it already.  Maybe AT&T has some kind of fiendish contract with them?

Edited by smags - 9/12/12 at 2:10pm
post #171 of 384
Quote:

The greatness of Apple and Jobs was their ability to innovate beyond our wisdom. If we're reduced to giving our ideas of what Apple should be innovating, they're behind the 8 ball.
When the first iPhone came out Jobs said he had a 5 year head start. That 5 years is up, and the iPhone 5 today is nowhere close to the innovation the first iPhone was in its day.

FYI: Steve Jobs was heavily involved in the iP5 before he died. This is his final iPhone creation.

post #172 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrs View Post

Can someone 'splain to me what these words mean? I knew of a Canadian hockey guy named "Don Cherry" who I think invented the phrase "Rocket Surgery" when he actually meant "Rocket Science". 

Are you dense?

The word "illiterate" is commonly used in a phrase to imply someone has no knowledge about a particular subject, as in "I am illiterate in...".

I used some football terminology and an illustration rooted in a a basic understanding of the game, and the poster quoted my post and completely missed the point. Clearly they didn't understand the illustration and I am guessing this is due to a lack of knowledge about the game. Thus they are "illiterate".
post #173 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

Well, if the specs are lesser than what's generally available, then it's not even evolutionary.

If the specs are '"lesser". Gotcha. The 4S was bashed for having 'weak' specs when it was shown off by all the trolls and ingnoramuses. Guess what? A year later, it's pretty much still the most responsive phone in the industry, with one of the most, if not the most powerful GPU of any flagship phone. The phone runs like oiled butter. So tell me, what 'specs' of the new iPhone are going to impede your experience, considering its considerably more powerful in every single way? Do you think the phone will feel weak or slow? Really? Or is it the fact that it doesnt have a screen the size of your face? 

post #174 of 384

AAPL closed up $10.18  1.54%... in spite of the Foo Birds... (I guess they wore it)

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
post #175 of 384
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Because it's probably not that easy to create.

1. This is Apple. They invent entire new manufacturing processes to get what they want. 

2. They have 110 BILLION DOLLARS IN CASH. If a chip that handles everything can't be made with even a fraction of that, then there's really no hope for the telephony industry.

Originally Posted by gabber attack View Post
…you got to spell out "your truth" all the times.

There is only ONE truth. 

Originally Posted by mstone View Post
Wow we lucky or what? I think about 90% of the regular users would be gone by this point after that iPhone 5 naming insult fest.

I don't recall a single user being banned for thinking it would be called iPhone 5. I don't see why any should be banned for thinking it shouldn't be.

Originally Posted by simtub View Post
Fifth - Please fire Browett

I love how you just threw that in there.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #176 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesteve View Post

Well the iPhone 5 is a pretty dull affair isn't it....it looks uninspiring, its dull, its boring, its....yes its still ugly.
Oh it can take panorama pictures - is that really something they think is smart enough to proclaim, I've had a free app for two years that does that!
The OS continues to creak on, its so sad that Apple are looking VERY tired. Signed a very sad Apple fanatic since 1991, who is losing faith.

How about wowing us with some of the stuffs you had done.
post #177 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why would it? Not every release is or is meant to be revolutionary over evolutionary.

took them a year to design an identical copy of the 4 and 4s..and they still labeled the "greatest innovation we undertook"..what was the smallest?  

Hockey Puck Mouse on original iMac!

- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #178 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

Except they did the same for the 4S, too, and you've actually lost features this time around (CDMA and GSM phones are different models again). The main camera has not been changed, either; the exterior redesign was unnecessary; the new dock connector was unnecessary, headphones are more of an iPod feature than an iPhone feature (and I like them).

The camera has not been changed? From the looks of it its radically improved, except for Megapixel count, which I guess is the only superficial spec you're looking at. So, you're completely wrong. exterior design was unecessary? Why? The new connector unecessary? Based on what, your useless opinion? You don't think Apple had ample reason to update the connector, seeing as how its going on 10+ years and was conceived way before the concept of the iPhone? You think they should stick with it forever? No, no features were lost. You're just trying way too hard to twist reality to fit that ludicrous statement, bitching about the features they added/improved.

Edited by Slurpy - 9/12/12 at 1:15pm
post #179 of 384
Quote:

Another choice stupid comment. Laptops are not changing and evolving at the rate and scale smartphones are.  In the smartphone world tech and devices are growing in leaps and bounds. Apple seems to have left that world and joined the incremental update world. That was fine with the 4S, but now it's the third phone without major changes that lead with new features, and I'm not talking about the design of the exterior. They follow behind Android by a year or more.

I am having a difficult time understanding the premise of several posts to this thread. The premise that is reflected above (and I don't mean to be brutish or void of understanding) is that one can even compare the iPhone with the competition. I have the 4S and my wife has the Galaxy III (I think it's called) and in terms of ease of use and things working seamlessly, there is no comparison. I understand that me experience may be anecdotal, but on the surface it looks as if Apple has further refined (in an impressive fashion) certain characteristics of their excellent  4S and this is meeting with disdain because a faulty version has been available for one - two - five years on an android device??

Granted, we have come to have high expectations and this iteration may not have the wow factor that the first iPhone did, but the iPhone 5 is a solid improvement in so many ways and I expect it to be especially so in terms of user experience. This, in the end, is the real crux of the matter for me in my admittedly simple way of looking at it.

Surely we are not losing sight of the obvious ... that many of the things we are comparing Apple to is a copy of their own ingenuity. It is harder to improve a Rolls Royce than it is a Peugeot or Citreon.

post #180 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

AAPL closed up $10.18  1.54%... in spite of the Foo Birds... (I guess they wore it)

Apple closed up $9.13 actually and was sold off during the announcement. The last 30 min spike was a technical move with the rest of the broader market. Nothing about today's news was really indicative in the price, it's been baked in for some time, especially since it was in line with all the leaks. 

I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optimist, with experience.
post #181 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

1. This is Apple. They invent entire new manufacturing processes to get what they want. 

2. They have 110 BILLION DOLLARS IN CASH. If a chip that handles everything can't be made with even a fraction of that, then there's really no hope for the telephony industry.

The level of your ignorance knows no bounds, yet you proudly flaunt it. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a self-parody. Yeah, every single technical issue can be solved by throwing cash at it, today, in the year 2012. Every single one. Not like Apple is limited by current technology, no, it must magically make everything work the way you want it because.. they have money. Do you think Apple's engineering and design teams are incompetent? That they wouldn't have done this if it was feasible? Why don't you apply for a job there? Because you clearly are certain it could have been done, based on not having a shred of insight or knowledge about any of the technicalities of the matter. But hey, 110 BILLION DOLLARS IN CASH!.  Why not make the phone half as thin? Or 10x as fast? Or, holograms? Cause 110 BILLION IN CASH!!  Once in a while, try to remind yourself that you actually don't know everything, and things can't necessarily be done because you believe, in your fictional world, that they can be, even though you don't have a shred of evidence that supports that. 

I won't even bother with asking you how the hell you think the internal chip layout is going to impede people's experience with the phone, or why you even give a shit about this stuff considering you're still satisfied using a 1st gen iPhone. 

Edited by Slurpy - 9/12/12 at 1:17pm
post #182 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil View Post

They just stretched the screen adding a bit more vertical space, so now as App developer now I'll have a new resolution to handle. This means an added development/testing cost without a real big advantage in usability (just two more vertical lines of text). They'd better use a bigger screen keeping the same ratio and resolution, but I think they are trapped by their "Retina" marketing bs so I think this was the best compromise they found,  what is lame...

You poor thing... Look at it from the point of view that you will have more than 10 Million potential new customers for your apps, by the end of the year!

- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #183 of 384
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post
The level of your ignorance knows no bounds, yet you proudly flaunt it. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a self-parody. Yeah, every single technical issue can be solved by throwing cash at it, today, in the year 2012. Every single one. Not like Apple is limited by current technology, no, it must magically make everything work the way you want it because.. they have money. Do you think Apple's engineering and design teams are incompetent? That they wouldn't have done this if it was feasible? Why don't you apply for a job there? Because you clearly are certain it could have been done, based on not having a shred of insight or knowledge about any of the technicalities of the matter. But hey, 110 BILLION DOLLARS IN CASH!.  Why not make the phone half as thin? Or 10x as fast? Or, holograms? Cause 110 BILLION IN CASH!!  Once in a while, try to remind yourself that you actually don't know everything, and things can't necessarily be done because you believe, in your fictional world, that they can be, even though you don't have a shred of evidence that supports that. 

There's something desperately wrong here. I seem to be on the receiving end of the crap that you should probably be getting. 

post #184 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mode View Post

Wow!!! I didn't think Ives would drop the ball so soon after Steve's passing.
Samsung and Motto are light years ahead of Apple now in the design department.
Tech specs are somewhat solid, and iOS 6 had better be good because thats the only thing this design disaster has going for it.
Is Ives completely out of ideas???

Are you serious? Samsung design ahead? lol

post #185 of 384

I saw other's asked about sim size, but couldn't find an answer.  Did the iPhone 5 keep the same sim size as the iPhone 4/4S?

post #186 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdinkins View Post

I saw other's asked about sim size, but couldn't find an answer.  Did the iPhone 5 keep the same sim size as the iPhone 4/4S?

no, it is the new Nano SIM.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-confirmed-to-use-nano-sim-current-sims-not-compatible/

post #187 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh 2 View Post

I am having a difficult time understanding the premise of several posts to this thread. The premise that is reflected above (and I don't mean to be brutish or void of understanding) is that one can even compare the iPhone with the competition. I have the 4S and my wife has the Galaxy III (I think it's called) and in terms of ease of use and things working seamlessly, there is no comparison. I understand that me experience may be anecdotal, but on the surface it looks as if Apple has further refined (in an impressive fashion) certain characteristics of their excellent  4S and this is meeting with disdain because a faulty version has been available for one - two - five years on an android device??

Granted, we have come to have high expectations and this iteration may not have the wow factor that the first iPhone did, but the iPhone 5 is a solid improvement in so many ways and I expect it to be especially so in terms of user experience. This, in the end, is the real crux of the matter for me in my admittedly simple way of looking at it.

Surely we are not losing sight of the obvious ... that many of the things we are comparing Apple to is a copy of their own ingenuity. It is harder to improve a Rolls Royce than it is a Peugeot or Citreon.

You do raise some valid points, but it seems the innovations is elsewhere.

In OS and such Apple leads by far, no question.

In hardware, not so much anymore. I would say from a hardware perspective, the latest Nokia Lumia phones have far more innovative hardware that the iPhone 5 does. Everything from the camera to the curved glass screen that works even with gloves.  I'm not saying all the features are great, but they innovated with this hardware. Apple did not do as good a job IMO.

post #188 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

So to go from 16gb to 32gb on the iPod Touch it's $50
To do the exact same thing on the new iPhone it's $100
Ok.......?

You are looking at the price of the 4th gen iPod. The 5th gen is $299 for 32GB and $399 for 64GB.

Price is going down because specs are old now. Not the memory. Like the 4S 16GB being $99.
post #189 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchingnumber View Post

Tired looking design - a bit like the Range Rover refined and functional but tired looking and out of touch with the new boys on the block.  Taller ? what happened to the scroll bar - doesn't that do the same thing. Iconic - isn't that a fanciful way for saying 'old'. Apple do yourself a favor and license the software to Samsung, Motorola, LG and HTC so we can get something new and you get to keep your cash generating eco system.

What's tired looking are comments like yours!

- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #190 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

FYI: Steve Jobs was heavily involved in the iP5 before he died. This is his final iPhone creation.

You know this for a fact?

He was pretty sick the last year or so. How much he was involved is certainly up to question, as is how much they may have changed from whatever ideas he did input to it since his death.

post #191 of 384
Quote:

And you're lucky you're here, because usually, any disagreement with a mod is reason for immediate ejection.

But it's pretty obvious when people are trolling. If you don't like what I've said, then tough! I can say what I want just as you think they can say what they want.

Lol are you serious? I think that you are lucky that there are people who come to this site to talk. You are making it sound as if we owe you something.

Saying something without justifying yourself is precisely the behavior of a troll. Your sentence really sounds childish. 

post #192 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Are you serious? Samsung design ahead? lol

I guess that speaks to personal taste. While I find the iPhone to be a better design (from the looks perspective), Apple is a one look deal. Personal taste may well run to other looks for many people.

post #193 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Lol are you serious? I think that you are lucky that there are people who come to this site to talk. You are making it sound as if we owe you something.

This!!!!  No site that I know ejects people for disagreeing with a mod. At least no site with any members.  :lol:

post #194 of 384

Lots of little improvements, but nothing really exciting. Getting rather fed up with their pricing actually.

$199 gets you 16GB

$299 gets you 32GB

$399 gets you 64GB

I just picked up 16GB SD cards (Class 10) for $10 each. That's a fully marked up retail price not what Apple pays.

They are making an absolute killing on the 32 and 64 GB models.

post #195 of 384

Yes, it's ALWAYS the same thing. People will get over it.

I'm still going to buy is asap, I think I'll go for the white version this time.

post #196 of 384
Am I the only one that first noticed the new "thinner" font they used?
post #197 of 384
Quote:

You do raise some valid points, but it seems the innovations is elsewhere.

In OS and such Apple leads by far, no question.

In hardware, not so much anymore. I would say from a hardware perspective, the latest Nokia Lumia phones have far more innovative hardware that the iPhone 5 does. Everything from the camera to the curved glass screen that works even with gloves.  I'm not saying all the features are great, but they innovated with this hardware. Apple did not do as good a job IMO.

Thank you for your excellent post. I see what you are saying. I simply do not know anything about the Nokia Lumia and, admittedly, would have wrongfully tarred it with the same brush that I reluctantly have for the Samsung III. Please forgive my ignorance, I meant no disrespect to phones that actually do work very well and exhibit an advanced degree of innovation not seen on the Apple platform..

post #198 of 384
Quote:

Ah, the trolls are out from under their rocks today. Must mean winter is near.

Yes... and for all you Trolling Fans out there we have a new format -- Tag Team Trolling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mode View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Define disaster. You're mad because it doesn't light up with blinking lights or something?
The design follows the lead of all other Apple products. Minimalist. Metal and glass.

It's a poor form factor. Steve rejected designs like this in the past.
One has to wonder if the recent law suites against Samsung for patenting the rectangle, didn't have more to do with this design choice then anything else??? And i bet the blogosphere will be lit up with that exact question.
- they couldn't take the obvious evolutionary step of widening and increasing screen size as it would mimic Samsung.

This phone is a cry for help - 'help, we are out of ideas and our culture of innovation is being sapped by our uninspiring leader'.

I smell a new CEO in the very near future.

Wow... I certainly hope that you are available when the time comes!

- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #199 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleigh Quinn View Post

Did the research on that already.

The real issue is what network options you have when you are not in LTE range.

With Verizon it's back to old CDMA networks.
Sprint I will admit I never considered.......
AT&T at least gives you Edge (being phased out), HDSPA, HDSPA+, and then LTE.

I decided to stay with AT&T, based solely on my network bandwidth coverage options.

Depends where you live.  The CDMA may not be as fast but in my experience it is more reliable.  My wife's Verizon iPhone will hum along most of the time whereas my AT&T iPhone will drop to Edge but then pretty my refuse to work.  Also many times I have a 1 or 2 bar 3G signal and the data will still refuse to work.  When AT&T works it is fast and great.  A lot of the time in marginal areas it is just sh!t.  There Verizon wins.  When my contract is up in a few months my next phone will be a Verizon iPhone5.

Edited by kerryn - 9/12/12 at 1:56pm
post #200 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

Move to Cortex A15 (excellent, but again ARM Holdings R&D, produced by Samsung) 

Designed by Apple.

You do know who co-founded ARM with Acorn, don't you?

I'll give you a hint:-

It was Apple.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple unveils redesigned iPhone 5 with 4-inch display, 4G LTE