or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Please help...complete technophobe needs advice in plain english!!

Please help...complete technophobe needs advice in plain english!!

post #1 of 5

Hi Guys,

I recently (June) purchased an Ipad from the States. On returning to the UK I am unable to sync my itunes from my laptop as I keep getting the message that my itunes software is not upto date. However when I try to download from the apple site from my pad it says it's already installed.

I need to know how to get the latest update of iTunes and hoepfully then I can sync all my music.

Any ideas gratefully received!!

Thanks

post #2 of 5

You do not update iTunes on your iPad. Do it on your computer.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #3 of 5

Thanks, does that mean I can't get rid of my laptop? I was planning on giving it to my partner as I now have the ipad.No not in check with all this technology malarkey!

post #4 of 5
Originally Posted by Tinaob7 View Post
Thanks, does that mean I can't get rid of my laptop? I was planning on giving it to my partner as I now have the ipad.No not in check with all this technology malarkey!

If… all of your content on the iPad is purchased in iTunes, I'm not sure you'd need a laptop anymore, as you wouldn't need to have a backup for it. But whether you need one is up to you and your use case.

post #5 of 5

Thanks, simple advice sorted my problem! Thanks

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Please help...complete technophobe needs advice in plain english!!