or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › is the A6 CPU (not asking about GPU) Dual-Core or Quad-Core

is the A6 CPU (not asking about GPU) Dual-Core or Quad-Core

post #1 of 6

All these articles are now circulating about the A15 cortex within A6. but no one is stating if the CPU is quad-core.

post #2 of 6

It has a dual-core CPU with a quad-core GPU.

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4396151/Apple-A6-processor-is-dual-core-Cortex-A15

post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anibal Bruno View Post

It has a dual-core CPU with a quad-core GPU.

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4396151/Apple-A6-processor-is-dual-core-Cortex-A15

Sorry, the source is an analyst. That's an unofficial source... I guess we'll have to wait.

post #4 of 6
Originally Posted by domerdel2 View Post
Sorry, the source is an analyst. That's an unofficial source... I guess we'll have to wait.

I was gonna say the same thing; what the frick does an analyst's thinking matter? lol.gif

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I was gonna say the same thing; what the frick does an analyst's thinking matter? lol.gif

I find their predictions entertaining, but all these analysts are taking the cut and run with the "yup, it's already been confirmed, it's dual-core" yet, there's not a legitimate citation. I asked on analyst about his article, and he kindly replied (very quickly I might add) and realized there was no source, but based on the A5 being single-core this one has to be dual-core if it's twice as fast. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the A5 has always been dual-core CPU, except in the Apple TV3 where apple disabled one of the cores.

post #6 of 6
Originally Posted by domerdel2 View Post
…based on the A5 being single-core this one has to be dual-core if it's twice as fast. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the A5 has always been dual-core CPU, except in the Apple TV3 where apple disabled one of the cores.

Yep, A5 is dual core. He's a fool.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › is the A6 CPU (not asking about GPU) Dual-Core or Quad-Core