or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple tops JD Power rankings for tablet customer satisfaction
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple tops JD Power rankings for tablet customer satisfaction

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
The latest J.D. Power and Associates survey of tablet owners found that Apple leads the market in customer satisfaction.

The results of the survey, detailed on Thursday by the consumer advocacy group, gave Apple a score of 848 based on what respondents indicated. Apple was said to perform well in four factors: performance, ease of operation, styling and design, and features.

Apple's score earned it five out of five on J.D. Power's Power Circle Ratings scale, ranking the company as "among the best." The tablet industry average score was 832, and three out of five circles.

Apple's score put it ahead of second-place Amazon, maker of the Kindle Fire tablet. Amazon earned a score of 841 and four out of five circles, and was said to rank highly with customers for its low pricing.

JD Power


All of the remaining companies came in below the industry average, starting with Samsung, which customers graded with a score of 827 out of 1,000. It earned three out of five circles.

The bottom tablet companies were Acer (811, two circles), Barnes & Noble (803, two circles) and HP, which was behind the now-defunct TouchPad (790, 2 circles).

The survey found that tablet owners who have a smartphone spend 40 percent more time browsing the Internet on their tablet than on their smartphone. They also spend 56 percent more time using gaming applications.

In addition, 25 percent of owners indicated they use their tablet for business purposes. Another one-third said they are likely to buy a new tablet within 12 months.

Among tablet owners who considered themselves to be highly satisfied and rated their device 10 out of 10, 90 percent said they are likely to purchase another consumer electronics device from the same manufacturer. And 61 percent of tablet owners said they share their device with at least one other person.
post #2 of 17
Of course.

We'll see the same thing for iPhone and Mac ratings.
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Of course.
We'll see the same thing for iPhone and Mac ratings.

 

Seeing as Apple has strong brand loyalty, it's biased to believe that this is an impartial judgment. 

 

If you like Apple, you're going to regard it more highly than a utility PC. Acer, HP, Lenovo, Dell, whatever brand your PC is, it's only a gateway to the OS you use--Windows, Linux, etc. There are far fewer "Dell loyalists" than there are "Apple loyalists", you cannot expect such a review to be impartial.

post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post
There are far fewer "Dell loyalists" than there are "Apple loyalists", 

 

Know why?

 

Because a shit-sandwich, no matter how it's served, doesn't inspire much loyalty. 

 

Apple keeps earning their brand loyalty.

post #5 of 17
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post
Apple keeps earning their brand loyalty.


"But they've sold the same phone with a different name for three years!" lol.gif

 

I'm surprised Amazon is anywhere on that list, but I guess we'll have to wait for their stock bubble to collapse before they're unable to serve customers' needs. 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Know why?

Because a shit-sandwich, no matter how it's served, doesn't inspire much loyalty. 

Apple keeps earning their brand loyalty.

Oh!!! They serve shit- sandwiches now at Dell's!

Well isn't that a marvelous improvement?
post #7 of 17

Do note also, that most of these Macs are running OS X (obviously), and that is also what's behind the results. Macs + the OS as a total package. It's just as much a win for the OS as it is for the hardware it runs on. There is no separating the two. 

post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Do note also, that most of these Macs are running OS X (obviously), and that is also what's behind the results. Macs + the OS as a total package. It's just as much a win for the OS as it is for the hardware it runs on. There is no separating the two. 

 

Because nobody runs anything but OS X on a mac, right?

post #9 of 17
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post
Because nobody runs anything but OS X on a mac, right?

 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Seeing as Apple has strong brand loyalty, it's biased to believe that this is an impartial judgment. 
It is a survey, unless the surveying group went out of its way to biased the study it reflects reality! keeping customers happy is a big part of brand loyalty, this survey reflects upon why Apple has loyal customers.
Quote:
If you like Apple, you're going to regard it more highly than a utility PC. Acer, HP, Lenovo, Dell, whatever brand your PC is, it's only a gateway to the OS you use--Windows, Linux, etc. There are far fewer "Dell loyalists" than there are "Apple loyalists", you cannot expect such a review to be impartial.

I don't think you understand the concept.
post #11 of 17

That's pretty great for Apple since they have to have so many more users satisfied to achieve a score like that.  Apple sells Millions of iPads and has a perfect score.  Samsung sells 12,000 and can't achieve a perfect score?  (samsung number is no exact so don't start ribbing for that inaccurate number, lol)

post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Because nobody runs anything but OS X on a mac, right?

Really guy what is your problem? You just can't grasp that Apple rates higher than the other vendors because it offers up a better overall experience. That is what the survey shows. The only thing you can debate here is the survey not Apples respect in the publics eyes. The results shown here are not inconsistent with any number of other surveys.
post #13 of 17

Is this any surprise really? 

 

You have to wonder what those other people really use their tablets for, as their presence is basically non-existant on all web usage charts and stats. Most non-Apple tablets that have been purchased by poor and not technically inclined people are most likely sitting in a drawer somewhere today, if the owner hasn't already thrown them out with the trash.

 

People who use iPads are happy as pigs in shit, that's no big revelation really. Most people who use other tablets secretly lust for iPads, but because of their unfortunate circumstances, such as being totally broke, unemployed or homeless, they had to resort to what they could afford at the time, and that poor decision has end up costing them big time.

 

Who's going to be satisfied with some third rate tablet which was promised to be virtually the same as an iPad, but cheaper, and when they actually get home and see how useless and inferior their piece of junk is, do you think that those people will be happy? They will feel deceived, though I can't say that I feel sorry for them though, as ignorance is not a valid defense.

post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Of course.
We'll see the same thing for iPhone and Mac ratings.

 

Seeing as Apple has strong brand loyalty, it's biased to believe that this is an impartial judgment. 

 

If you like Apple, you're going to regard it more highly than a utility PC. Acer, HP, Lenovo, Dell, whatever brand your PC is, it's only a gateway to the OS you use--Windows, Linux, etc. There are far fewer "Dell loyalists" than there are "Apple loyalists", you cannot expect such a review to be impartial.

Nice try, but, the only thing spinning here is your logic.

Try putting the horse back in front of the cart, and it might become clear why Dell et al have fewer loyalists in the first place...

post #15 of 17
BIAS!

As professional survey creators know, when asking if someone likes something, you can ONLY accept a Yes answer from people who answered No 1tongue.gif

All those people who SAY they like Apple products are really just being swayed by how much they like Apple products. And those Acer users? They probably would like Acer products a lot better, if only they didn’t dislike Acer products so much. Bias!
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

 

Seeing as Apple has strong brand loyalty, it's biased to believe that this is an impartial judgment. 

 

If you like Apple, you're going to regard it more highly than a utility PC. Acer, HP, Lenovo, Dell, whatever brand your PC is, it's only a gateway to the OS you use--Windows, Linux, etc. There are far fewer "Dell loyalists" than there are "Apple loyalists", you cannot expect such a review to be impartial.

Do you say blatantly stupid things to be funny or do you really believe this stuff? DUR APPLE ONLY DOES WELL CAUSE ITS CUSTOMERS ARE LOYAL! DUR.... Thats how you sound, you are a bad troll and you should feel bad.

post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

 

Seeing as Apple has strong brand loyalty, it's biased to believe that this is an impartial judgment. ...

 

The truth is biased, deal with it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple tops JD Power rankings for tablet customer satisfaction