or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung takes aim at iPhone 5 in new print ad

Samsung takes aim at iPhone 5 in new print ad - Page 7

post #241 of 262

HI All,

I must say I am impressed with Samsung Galaxy SIII, I bought one for my wife, since she does not like the iPhone for some reason and in addition did not want to get her iPhone 4S, since iPhone 5 was coming (2 months ago)

My issue with Samsung is that the layout is messy and different layers to the functions, seems unorganised, even my wife had to admit, it took her a couple of weeks to understand the functionality of her phone compared to my iPhone 4S or even my iPad.

For me the iPhone is simple, easy to use and collates your apps in easy folders to access from your screen without being messy, not the case with Samsung SIII.

As for Tallest Skill comments about adapters, that was misleading, since Samsung have been manufacturing phones longer than Apple.

post #242 of 262
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post
As for Tallest Skill comments about adapters, that was misleading, since Samsung have been manufacturing phones longer than Apple.

If you'd read the image, you'd know that it wasn't misleading.

Also, time isn't an excuse for anything there.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

post #243 of 262
So, according to their own ad, the iPhone:

--Is lighter
--Has the same 4G LTE capability.
--Has an equally good or better video capability
--Has the same storage capacity
--Has Siri, not the knock off "S talk."

Then, they fail to mention that the Retina display's pixel density more than makes up for the small resolution difference. The resolution stat is extremely misleading, and Samsung knows it. After this, they make some very questionable battery claims, then list a bunch of features that most people don't care about. Do a poll of average smartphone users (non techies) and ask them if they know what NFC, GroupCast, S-Beam and SmartStay are. Or, ask them why 2GB of Ram is better than 1GB in a smartphone.

Time to get your ass handed to you again, Samsung.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #244 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

No it wasn't, the original iPods (still within the 10 years he claimed) had firewire only charging, the other end of the plug was a firewire port, that isn't the same as USB

That was not my claim. I said TODAY's charger works with the older iPod. It IS completely compatible. I should know, I own one. Who cares about the other end?

So his claim is still correct. One connector on the end that matters, the device. 

post #245 of 262
Samsung has used 18 different connectors while Apple has changed theres only once.
This comparison forgot a few features from the iPhone 5.
Like turn by turn navigation and traffic reports, flyover real time maps.
Panoramic picture with just one click.
Video and photo editing right on your phone.
A6 custom ARM dual processor that out does Samsung's Quadcore plus uses less power.
Made of high quality aluminum and glass that is still lighter and stronger versus cheap plastic.
Text with one hand.
Fits in your pocket without the need of a shoe horn.
Full service and support across the country and the world without having to call and wait 6 weeks for a replacement.
Photo stream sharing.
Facetime and twitter built in.
Video and picture taking at the same time.
Passbook
post #246 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Don't play dumb yourself. People are paid to lie on competitor's forums. I've seen it happen personally, HERE.

So you have seen the people being paid on this site? By whom, and to whom?
post #247 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by salterra View Post

That was not my claim. I said TODAY's charger works with the older iPod. It IS completely compatible. I should know, I own one. Who cares about the other end?

So his claim is still correct. One connector on the end that matters, the device. 

So you are claiming your current USB charger can charge a firewire only iPod? What model is your iPod? and the claim isn't correct, my iPod firewire charger won't charge my iPod classic, so it is a third connector, surely that is what matters?
post #248 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvout View Post

Someone else may have already said this, but if Android products (Samsung Galaxy S III) are so good, why do people not line up days in advance to buy them as they do for Apple idevices?

Some possibilities:

1. They're not desperate, attention seeking losers.

2. They're smart enough to preorder the phone.

3. They're not obsessed and realize it's just a phone.

post #249 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

Some possibilities:

1. They're not desperate, attention seeking losers.

2. They're smart enough to preorder the phone.

3. They're not obsessed and realize it's just a phone.

Other possibilities:

1. They're desperate, attention seeking losers and so queue where they'll be noticed, in the new iPhone queue outside an Apple store with the beautiful people.  They proceed to purchase a new iPhone.

2. They preorder knowing that there will be plenty to go around.

3. They realize that it is just a phone, just a phone.

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #250 of 262

Don't you know that 30+ patients is not just rectangles?

post #251 of 262

When they say the next big thing is here I think they mean big in size and as for big as of new technology they mean copied 

post #252 of 262
So you have seen the people being paid on this site? By whom, and to whom?

Yes. By Samsung and Adobe, at the very least. To… the people that were posting. I don't see how what I said was unclear enough that you'd have to ask that.

Originally Posted by hackit View Post
Don't you know that 30+ patients is not just rectangles?
Originally Posted by hackit View Post
When they say the next big thing is here I think they mean big in size and as for big as of new technology they mean copied 

I wish this had grammar.

post #253 of 262
Quote:

If you'd read the image, you'd know that it wasn't misleading.

Also, time isn't an excuse for anything there.

Tallest Skill your reply so silly, just want to point out something, decade means 10 years. Apple has been selling  phones for just on 5 years.

Please do not tell me to read the image again, because I did and thats why I said it was misleading.

Please as global moderator, stop cheap shots about grammar.

post #254 of 262
Quote:

Tallest Skill your reply so silly, just want to point out something, decade means 10 years. Apple has been selling  phones for just on 5 years.
Please do not tell me to read the image again, because I did and thats why I said it was misleading.

it's like giving a child the keys to a car.
post #255 of 262
Quote:

So you are claiming your current USB charger can charge a firewire only iPod? What model is your iPod? and the claim isn't correct, my iPod firewire charger won't charge my iPod classic, so it is a third connector, surely that is what matters?

Yes. The USB charger does charge the firewire iPod. I have a 1st generation iPod Mini that came with a firewire changer. I can charge the mini with any charger shipped with iPad 3 , iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone3, iPhone, iPod Photo, iPod nano 3rd gen, iPod nano 4th gen, iPod touch 3rd gen and iPod touch 4th gen. All of these chargers will charge my iPod Mini 1st generation. I know, I have tried them all.

So going all the way back to the 1st generation iPod mini, 1 single connector. March of 2002 Apple introduced the connector that lasted until the most recent device. You have to go back the very first iPod in Oct of 2001 to find a different connector that is not compatible with todays chargers. The first iPod has a firewire port on the device.

That makes 10 years with 1 connector.

You are correct, your firewire charger will not charge USB designed devices.

post #256 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Big assed phone... big battery... means heavier phone... did I mention big assed phone?

"Smart Stay"... does this have anything to do with the big assed phone getting stuck in your pocket?

"Mama, that man over there is talking to his crotch? Now he's hollering at his privates?!" 

"Shhhh, Suzie, don't look at him and keep walking. I'll watch for a policeman."

ROFLMAO macky! its particularly funny to me as I'm visioning a co-worker who recently was telling me his story of this actually happening to him with his S3!

They say "a picture is worth a thousand words" but hey who needs one when we have our imagination!! Bahahaha

post #257 of 262

It was not a 'cheap shot' at anything; I specifically said "phones, PMPs, and tablets" in the image. That covers all products of Apple's that use the Dock Connector or Lightning. 

If anything, it's possible, then, to further expand the Samsung image to include their PMPs and tablets, but I don't care enough about them to find all the other adapters for the hundreds of other products they've put out in the last decade.

post #258 of 262
Quote:

Yes. By Samsung and Adobe, at the very least. To… the people that were posting. I don't see how what I said was unclear enough that you'd have to ask that.

You have proof of this?
post #259 of 262
Quote:

Yes. The USB charger does charge the firewire iPod. I have a 1st generation iPod Mini that came with a firewire changer. I can charge the mini with any charger shipped with iPad 3 , iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone3, iPhone, iPod Photo, iPod nano 3rd gen, iPod nano 4th gen, iPod touch 3rd gen and iPod touch 4th gen. All of these chargers will charge my iPod Mini 1st generation. I know, I have tried them all.

You seem to be mistaken, an iPod mini is not a firewire only based iPod, it was release some three years after the original iPods, I am referring to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation iPods. The 4rd Gen iPod, and the iPod mini were the first to introduce USB charging, these were both released in 2004
Quote:

So going all the way back to the 1st generation iPod mini, 1 single connector. March of 2002 Apple introduced the connector that lasted until the most recent device. You have to go back the very first iPod in Oct of 2001 to find a different connector that is not compatible with todays chargers. The first iPod has a firewire port on the device.

The Mini was released in 2004. The 3rd gen was in 2003, this model only charged with firewire, this is under 10 years ago.
Quote:

That makes 10 years with 1 connector.

No, that is only 8
Quote:

You are correct, your firewire charger will not charge USB designed devices.

No, I said your USB charger will not charge a firewire only iPod. Making three connectors.
post #260 of 262
You have proof of this?

… Yeah.

post #261 of 262
Quote:

… Yeah.

Excellent, back up your claim then
post #262 of 262

Just, watched the Samsung commercial.  And Jesus tap dancing Christ, its the same old bs.  They really are trying too hard. 

iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung takes aim at iPhone 5 in new print ad