or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Help!

Help!

post #1 of 3

Okay, I just bought this cheap ass eMachines monitor from a local computer store. I have a MBA mid-2011 (only 2 USB and one Thunderbolt). The monitor is a VGA interface, but, my MBA doesn't have a VGA port (obviously). So...I asked the guy if he had any VGA to Mini-Displayport/Thunderbolt, he said no. But, he said that they have DVI to Thunderbolt and VGA to DVI. So now I have a VGA monitor with a VGA to DVI adapter and a DVI to Thunderbolt adapter. I plug it in and...it doesn't work! It just says "no input". Big surprise (I have bad luck with everything I do with any electronics, including lightbulbs)! So I try it with my mother's Dell Inspirion (it has a VGA port)...and... ... ... ...it works! But since I don't use that computer I don't care. Since I am not using the VGA to DVI adapter this time, I assume it is that [that doesn't work]. But I don't know what to assume. I really need help!

Thanks,

Logan

You can iMessage me about this a logandigges@me.com

Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

post #2 of 3

I don't believe that Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapters would preserve the analog signal needed. You're gonna need a straight Mini DisplayPort-VGA one.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't believe that Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapters would preserve the analog signal needed. You're gonna need a straight Mini DisplayPort-VGA one.

Nevermind. I got a new one with just DVI.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Help!