or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumor: Suspect 'iPad mini' mockup allegedly shows front plate design

Rumor: Suspect 'iPad mini' mockup allegedly shows front plate design - Page 2

post #41 of 55
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post
Of course, TS' head will now explode.

No, I'm now accustomed to the idea of Apple doing idiotic things again. They want to repeat the '90s, that's their call.

Originally Posted by maccherry View Post
I believe it. Hell, everything else has been on the money so far.

JUST like the iPhone nano.

Edited by Tallest Skil - 9/18/12 at 9:49am
post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianJNYC View Post

The photos maybe legit and the iPad Mini isn't going to be any revolutionary device. However, I hope it has some new features that set it aside from the iPad.

The price should be around $199.99 to compete with the Nexus 7.

Nevertheless, I will probably pick one up though.

Not a chance in the world. Apple is not going to drop the price to the level of cheap crapware tablets.

But if you want to hold out for Mercedes dropping their price to the level of the Chevy Aveo, feel free.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

It is possible that Apple will make the Mini just another size option for the iPad which would mean it would have the same specs as the iPad3 and probably cost $399 as you postulate but I don't think that's what consumers for a Mini are looking for.

Apple has a record of not listening to what people say they want. They build what they think is the right product and people can take it or leave it. Funny how they keep hitting the ball out of the park though. So they may not deliver what I want either but if the mini has 2-3 year old specs, I'm not a buyer. Simple as that.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #44 of 55
"the big iPad is mostly a stay at home device"

ROFL. one reason it is so succesful is because it CAN be taken everywhere, just what are you smoking?

you lost your credibility right there. I take my iPad everywhere with me as do millions of other people. and as for the rest of your statements , what a C.... of S.... !

Originally by Rickers - 2014 : Cook & will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost so long.

History reduce Apple Watch.... to a footnote in the annals of technology - Benjamin Frost Dec 2014

Originally by Rickers - 2014 : Cook & will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost so long.

History reduce Apple Watch.... to a footnote in the annals of technology - Benjamin Frost Dec 2014

post #45 of 55

Maybe you will change your mind when you enter high school.

Here is a concept for you to try to grasp: maybe the iPad Mini wasn't designed to meet your needs!    I suspect this device will become a very hot seller.    Why because different people have different needs.    This is a simple concept but maybe you will never grow to the point of grasping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post

now, I believe any rumor because of iphone 4s, 5 which was exactly the same as rumors. so if ipad mini will look like that with some shitty features like iphone 5, I will never buy apple forever. plus, ipad mini price will be steep. look at ipod touch 5G. it starts $299. so if it would be $399 as basic model, it is also non-sense because high end ipod touch model is $399. there is no advantage of buying over a big ipad. epic fails. this company faces with limitation finally without Steve Jobs Tim Cook has no idea what he is doing.
post #46 of 55

OK how was it disappointing?    Really I hear this crap all the time yet the new iPhone is a tour de force of advanced technology that in some cases is ground breaking.   

So really what is it that you imagine the iPhone is missing or is otherwise lacking to cause you to be so disappointed?   If you can't answer that then you are no more than a pathetic troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSampleXX View Post

The iPhone 5 was a little disappointing, and frankly a small version of an iPad isn't exactly earth shattering either, particularly since Amazon and Google have adequate small tablets on the market already. Apple makes great stuff, but they need to shake things up again.
post #47 of 55

This is not really the case.    You would be surprised at how many make use of the Touch for nothing more than business purposes.    It gives them many of the advantages of an iPhone without the costs.    I see people using them daily to cover E-Mail, schedule checks and other things that Touch does just fine right out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I really wish people would stop confusing the iPad (multipurpose computing device) with the iPod Touch (media delivery device). They two are entirely different markets.
It looks plausible to me, as well.
Of course, TS' head will now explode.
post #48 of 55

You are really out of Touch on this one!    IPad Mini, if real will be a winner.

Using your logic Apple should have never introduced the 11" AIR because they have the 13" model.   The models don't need to compete against each other they just need the volume to justify their development.     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, I'm now accustomed to the idea of Apple doing idiotic things again. They want to repeat the '90s, that's their call.

JUST like the iPhone nano.

post #49 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

"the big iPad is mostly a stay at home device"

ROFL. one reason it is so succesful is because it CAN be taken everywhere, just what are you smoking?

you lost your credibility right there. I take my iPad everywhere with me as do millions of other people. and as for the rest of your statements , what a C.... of S.... !

I really like your personality. Witty, humorous, clever play on words. Good stuff.

post #50 of 55
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post
Using your logic Apple should have never introduced the 11" AIR because they have the 13" model.

Apple should introduce a 9", 7", 5", 3", and 1" MacBook Air, then.

Now that you've read the above, I'm sure you've come to the conclusion that there IS a minimum usable size for any device type. For the MacBook, it's 11", as that's as small as it can be made without compromising the keyboard. For the iPad, Apple has said since the release of the iPad that 10" is the smallest the screen can be to deliver tablet software worth using. The public agrees. 

Same with the iPhone. A 2.5" iPhone was "guaranteed" in 2008. Because we all know that the 3.5" screen was too big

post #51 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post

now, I believe any rumor because of iphone 4s, 5 which was exactly the same as rumors. so if ipad mini will look like that with some shitty features like iphone 5, I will never buy apple forever. plus, ipad mini price will be steep. look at ipod touch 5G. it starts $299. so if it would be $399 as basic model, it is also non-sense because high end ipod touch model is $399. there is no advantage of buying over a big ipad. epic fails. this company faces with limitation finally without Steve Jobs Tim Cook has no idea what he is doing.

Geez, lighten up.  If or when the Mini comes out, the iPod Touch prices will either be adjusted or not.  One does not need to purchase it if the price is deemed "too much", that's the beauty of Capitalism.  It hardly signals the end of Apple though as the stock price seems to be just fine.  There is always a reason why Apple prices the way they do (though not sure about their computer memory), and they won't price themselves out of a market they would like to dominate (the ~7" market that is).  Times are good!

post #52 of 55
Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post
If or when the Mini comes out, the iPod Touch prices will either be adjusted or not.

… No, they're not going to change prices one month after the launch of a product.

Even the new Apple that can't count knows better than to repeat that mistake.

post #53 of 55
Quote:

Now that you've read the above, I'm sure you've come to the conclusion that there IS a minimum usable size for any device type. For the MacBook, it's 11", as that's as small as it can be made without compromising the keyboard. For the iPad, Apple has said since the release of the iPad that 10" is the smallest the screen can be to deliver tablet software worth using. The public agrees. 

Why do you torture yourself so? An iPhone runs an almost identical OS to that of the iPad yet there is a huge difference between the screen sizes. Is there no room in between just because Steve said sand paper?

post #54 of 55
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Why do you torture yourself so? An iPhone runs an almost identical OS to that of the iPad yet there is a huge difference between the screen sizes. Is there no room in between just because Steve said sand paper?

So we can assume that since you're pretending the iPhone and the iPad are usable in the same situations that you're also going to pretend that there is no minimum or maximum usable size for any one device type?

post #55 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

So we can assume that since you're pretending the iPhone and the iPad are usable in the same situations that you're also going to pretend that there is no minimum or maximum usable size for any one device type?

Not that you will ever be convinced but let me explain how I would use it. I currently browse a web page or a map on my iPhone. I have to scroll, pan and zoom in and out quite bit. On my iPad I hardly have to scroll around at all. On an iPad mini I imagine I would scroll around some but not nearly as much as my iPhone. You see it is right in between in usability? I find the large iPad too bulky to carry on an everyday commute which is why I leave it at home. An iPad mini would be an ideal size for me to toss in my day pack. Not everyone has the same usage scenario as me but it might also make sense to others for their own reasons. To think that Apple would never make a device mid way between an iPhone and an iPad because of some sand paper remark that had almost no basis in logic, is just plain and simple denial. It makes perfect sense and you can see the same type of size variations in almost all of Apple's products.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumor: Suspect 'iPad mini' mockup allegedly shows front plate design