or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Open Internet groups to file FCC complaint over AT&T's FaceTime blocking

Open Internet groups to file FCC complaint over AT&T's FaceTime blocking - Page 3

post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Unless there is a glut of traffic, unless the network is overloaded, it won't matter whether there is QoS priority or not. By its nature, for QoS to make a difference for one service, something else has to be paying the price.

OK, to state it better, I meant that the fraction of traffic for video conferencing is likely so insignificant that you'd never notice the degradation of non-QoS traffic.
Quote:
But, again, there is no QoS priority promised for FaceTime. All AT&T is offering is not to block it, if you pay them more.

I wasn't contesting that bit.
post #82 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I wasn't contesting that [AT&T isn't promising QoS priority for FaceTime traffic].

Which makes the discussion of QoS in relation to FaceTime entirely beside the point. Not that that's your fault, but I wish people would stop defending AT&T's actions with fictional tales of QoS benefits.

AT&T is using the ability to use FaceTime on their network as a cattle prod to force people into plans that are more profitable for AT&T, pure and simple, end of story.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Open Internet groups to file FCC complaint over AT&T's FaceTime blocking
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Open Internet groups to file FCC complaint over AT&T's FaceTime blocking