The latest SquareTrade iPhone study is out, and the revelations in it are sure to shock. The biggest news out of it? iPhones break, and that costs Americans a pretty penny!
- Damaged iPhones have cost Americans $5.9 billion since 2007
- 30% of iPhone owners have experienced accidental damage in the past 12 months
- 17% of iPhone owners have damaged an iPhone more than once
- 6% of iPhone users have taped up their phone
- 1% of iPhone owners use phones with cracked screens
- Accidental damage is 10 times more common than either loss or theft for iPhone users
- Half of iPhone users under 35 have had an accident
Top 5 iPhone Accident Scenarios
- Fell out of my hand: 30%
- Immersed in liquid: 18%
- Fell out of my lap: 13%
- Knocked off a table: 11%
- Liquid spilled on it: 9%
So...what's more shocking? That Americans 6% of iPhone have taped up their phone, or that 11% have a cracked screen?