or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple to seek $3 billion in damages from Samsung - report
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple to seek $3 billion in damages from Samsung - report - Page 2

post #41 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post


I'm not ignorant, and to inform you my IQ is 148.

So why is it that you're so smart and still incapable of creating a rational argument?
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #42 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

there's nothing wrong in being ignorant and having a sub-80 IQ.

There is a problem when people with a single-digid IQ start to post.

And I don't mean you pedromartins.
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
post #43 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post

Almost all the patents "infringed" by Samsung are nonsense, that patents never had to be allowed in the first place.

Has Apple patented the white color already??

 

Reclaiming that amount is nonsense either, as they claim that all Samsung's phones sold are iPhone "lost" sales.

I have a Galaxy SII and I knew exactly what I was buying, didn't want to be in the Apple's "Everybody needs the same. I tell you what you can install and how to use it" cage.

 

Apple has also infringed many patents from others.

All this patent wars are nonsense.

 

Apple tries to win the phone battle in the courts, because they cannot win it on the market.

Apple is one company with only one phone model, against many companies with many phone models.

 

Apple has already lost the phone battle.

They should have licensed iOS some years ago.

 

I'm not anti-Apple (I own several computers and gadgets), and pro-nothing, but this is how I see it.

 

troll

post #44 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaioslider View Post

Seriously, Samsung just doesn't seem to get it, and they're still at it. Imagine if they had put their resources into actually developing their product instead of blatantly copying Apple. When Apple introduced the iPhone Steve Jobs stood right there on stage and said as plain as day that they'd defend their product.
Now, not only does Samsung face potentially paying out 3 Billion, but they are losing Apple's business too. And the worst part of it for Sammy is that, although Apple won this huge case and is getting a ridiculous amount of money from it, Samsung has created a self-image of being a school yard bully picking on the smart kid everyone likes because he's jealous, and is getting just what he deserves. It'll be interesting what Koh decides on this, I'm sure she'll at the very least old Samsung to the 1.05 billion. She might also grant Apple's request, or at least part of it (if possible) as a consequence for Samsung's media release of documents no allowed during the trial.

 

Well, not sure if that's the case.  Samsung already spends far more than Apple on R&D and is #2 in patents granted in the US (or worldwide).  It's just that Samsung doesn't have that kind of "marketing" clout that Apple yields in this country.  That isn't to say Samsung doesn't copy; it does, just in the same way Apple copies.

 

I don't think Samsung is going to lose Apple's business either, Apple's share of Samsung Electronic's annual sales went up significantly since Apple first filed suits against Samsung - from $7B in 2011 to $12B in 2012.

 

And no, I don't think most ppl see Samsung as a school yard bully.  It's the other way around - Samsung is largely seen as an underdog, while Apple more like the big bro in Apple's 1984 TV commercial.

 

I'm pretty sure judge Koh will treble the damage, especially considering her lopsided rulings against Samsung so far. The ruling however will be overturned and the damage whittled down to some insignificant amount in the Federal Court of Appeal, but that's a couple of years away.

post #45 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Why would they do that? They already have the equivalent of Bell Labs working for them.

Really? Apple is creating things like wifi, mobile telephony, transistors, lasers, satellites, TCP/IP, solar cells, digital computer, UNIX...... (to name just a few that come to mind offhand)?

 

Any evidence of this?

post #46 of 119

Whether it will be overturned in the Federal Circuit or not is yet to be determined.  It's interesting that you are so confident.

 

I would guess (though I'm not making any sweeping predictions here) that the best Samsung can hope for is either a reduction in damages, or a remand on particular issues at trial.  But who knows?  

post #47 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

 

troll


Yeah! I like good responses. You fanboys are really funny.

You don't like to hear nothing bad against your beloved Apple!!

You think Apple is never wrong? Then you are wrong.

post #48 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


So why is it that you're so smart and still incapable of creating a rational argument?


Don't worry if you don't understand it in the first place.

You can reread all the times you want, is free.

post #49 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

Well, not sure if that's the case.  Samsung already spends far more than Apple on R&D and is #2 in patents granted in the US (or worldwide).  It's just that Samsung doesn't have that kind of "marketing" clout that Apple yields in this country.  

So, why is your employer good at R&D and innovation, but not marketing? They can't attract and retain good talent, and/or can't hire good ad agencies? Really?

 

Or, as usual, are you simply making an argument of convenience like you people always do? (That's a rhetorical question).

post #50 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post


There is a problem when people with a single-digid IQ start to post.
And I don't mean you pedromartins.


Ho ho ho, subtle.
You should have an IQ below 0.

post #51 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

 

Well, not sure if that's the case.  Samsung already spends far more than Apple on R&D and is #2 in patents granted in the US (or worldwide).  It's just that Samsung doesn't have that kind of "marketing" clout that Apple yields in this country.  That isn't to say Samsung doesn't copy; it does, just in the same way Apple copies.

 

I don't think Samsung is going to lose Apple's business either, Apple's share of Samsung Electronic's annual sales went up significantly since Apple first filed suits against Samsung - from $7B in 2011 to $12B in 2012.

 

And no, I don't think most ppl see Samsung as a school yard bully.  It's the other way around - Samsung is largely seen as an underdog, while Apple more like the big bro in Apple's 1984 TV commercial.

 

I'm pretty sure judge Koh will treble the damage, especially considering her lopsided rulings against Samsung so far. The ruling however will be overturned and the damage whittled down to some insignificant amount in the Federal Court of Appeal, but that's a couple of years away.

 

do you know why a 600hp ferrari is a marvel and an 1000hp truck isn't? you can apply the same with apple vs samsung R&D and number of patents granted.

 

if both of them made cars, samsung's patents would define the basics of it (basics of differential, even the number of wheels..etc) but apple's patents would define the difference between the ugliness that is most of BMW cars and the piece of art and engineering that is a class S 65 amg.

 

well.. i know my post won't have any effect, because you are one of those lifeless trolls that live in frustration because apple is the only good part of the tech world since 1998, and they can (by themselves) fight, win the whole bad part of the industry, of witch samsung (that corrupt company) is part of.

post #52 of 119

Thanks for giving me a chance to test out my new system!

 

Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
Apple just doesn't like competition...especially when it's a chance the competition can beat you. I don't see Coca Cola suing Pepsi...smh.

 

 

This is horrible.

 

 

What they're trying to do is demolish Samsung.Because Samsung is the leading manufacturer for Android.

 


It's strange because when the first iPhone came out and the first Android device, all these patents and stuff didn't matter.

 


But now that Android than developed more and continues to mature and devices are coming out more powerful than ever and doing things the iPhone doesn't… When talking about features, Apple give it's customers little by little...just enough to keep them interested. Then when the next iphone comes out they'll give a little more.It's like they string people along and people bite.

 

 

Thanks for that, and you helped to fill in a few holes, actually. Now go away forever if you're going to keep lying.


Edited by Tallest Skil - 9/19/12 at 9:16am

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #53 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post

Yeah! I like good responses. You fanboys are really funny.

You don't like to hear nothing bad against your beloved Apple!!

You think Apple is never wrong? Then you are wrong.

Clearly, an IQ = 148 doesn't seem to buy the ability to construct an argument.

post #54 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

Feels like Apple trying to set the stage for an industry wide antitrust lawsuit.  Playing with fire, IMHO


Know your subject before making dumb statements. Apple has less than 20 percent of the smartphone market so antitrust lawsuit isn't possible.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Reply

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Reply
post #55 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post


Don't worry if you don't understand it in the first place.
You can reread all the times you want, is free.

Reading a stupid comment 1,000 times won't make it smart.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #56 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post


Well, history will tell.

Big COs have their time, and then fall.

Ask IBM or Microsoft.


IBMs back on the rise mainly because they shed its PC business.

Microsoft became stale only focusing on Windows/Office. They failed to develop new product lines.

 

Apple has reinvented smart phones, mp3 players, tablets. It did not rest on its laurels with the Mac.

As you say history will tell, but that can be said about Sammy, Google, and Android itself.

post #57 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post


Yeah! I like good responses. You fanboys are really funny.

You don't like to hear nothing bad against your beloved Apple!!

You think Apple is never wrong? Then you are wrong.

 

That was the only word needed to describe your comments.  A quick review of your comments around here confirm the comment.  Care to comment on the comments?

post #58 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post


IBMs back on the rise mainly because they shed its PC business.

Microsoft became stale only focusing on Windows/Office. They failed to develop new product lines.

 

Apple has reinvented smart phones, mp3 players, tablets. It did not rest on its laurels with the Mac.

As you say history will tell, but that can be said about Sammy, Google, and Android itself.

 

Totally agree with IBM and MS.

Well, I wouldn't say Google hasn't innovate, and I'm not talking only about phones here.

You have checked Android? There are many things innovative, and some copied by Apple, as I can read in some post.

But, hey!, I you like the iPhone, it's ok, but I don't, and not because of its design or interface, but for the lack of freedom.

What I don't know is if Apple will innovate again without Steve Jobs, I'm sorry but he was the heart of Apple.

He knew when something was great or not, many others rejected the iPod idea, not originally from Apple btw.

post #59 of 119

Three billion sounds about right, for starters! That's a significant amount of money, even for a large company like Samsung.

 

And every Fandroid who has ever made an ignorant and retarded post on the internet should be ordered to pay 25 cents, which represents a significant percentage of the average Fandroid's net worth.

post #60 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

troll

Can't be his IQ is 148
post #61 of 119

Awesome idea!   Pure research...  far reaching and not limited to Apple's core business... but technology in general.   I like it.   I miss Bell Labs.
 

post #62 of 119

OI! Cut out the ad-homs and get back to the original argument, if there even was one.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #63 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Why would they do that? They already have the equivalent of Bell Labs working for them.

 

Not even close.   Nothing has been close to Bell Labs research (maybe IBM in it's hay-day.)

 

Apple has great R&D focused on their specific brand of technology.    Bell Labs was much more general and much more fundamental.   I don't see Apple's current R&D group winning nobel prizes in basic physics research.   They (Apple) have a great technology based R&D, but they are by no means a Bell Labs (of the 1920-1970 era.)

post #64 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Apple should take that money -- if it's granted -- and create/fund something like Bell Labs with it.


Awesome idea!   Pure research...  far reaching and not limited to Apple's core business... but technology in general.   I like it.   I miss Bell Labs.

post #65 of 119

I really feel sorry for some of you guys.

Being fan of something befogs your mind.

Good luck with that, and be careful with your pocket, the new "profit Apple" will get you.

post #66 of 119
More than the financial penalty put upon Samsung I am just gloating over what this means to Google's "gift" of Android to the world. If you want to beat Apple don't copy it, out design and out invent it.
post #67 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post

 

Totally agree with IBM and MS.

Well, I wouldn't say Google hasn't innovate, and I'm not talking only about phones here.

You have checked Android? There are many things innovative, and some copied by Apple, as I can read in some post.

But, hey!, I you like the iPhone, it's ok, but I don't, and not because of its design or interface, but for the lack of freedom.

What I don't know is if Apple will innovate again without Steve Jobs, I'm sorry but he was the heart of Apple.

He knew when something was great or not, many others rejected the iPod idea, not originally from Apple btw.


I didn't say Google didn't innovate. You have to be kidding when you say "What I don't know is if Apple will innovate again without Steve Jobs". Apple is a huge company with Steve Jobs handpicked-people. They will be fine. They may not think like Jobs (no one does) but they have the collective skill to continue bring Apple forward.

post #68 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Really? Apple is creating things like wifi, mobile telephony, transistors, lasers, satellites, TCP/IP, solar cells, digital computer, UNIX...... (to name just a few that come to mind offhand)?

 

Any evidence of this?

 

Yeah... and don't forget the 6 nobel prize winners Apple must having working for them... since they are basically like Bell Labs.   /s

post #69 of 119

Fandroids should pay tribute to Apple every time that they turn on their phones. It could be billed directly to their cell plans, and a sum of something like 10 cents would go directly into Apple's account. 

 

And every single time that an Android company has been found guilty of stealing, a 3 day court ordered blackout of all Android phones would occur, meaning no phone connection, no data connection, etc.

post #70 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Fandroids should pay tribute to Apple every time that they turn on their phones. It could be billed directly to their cell plans, and a sum of something like 10 cents would go directly into Apple's account. 

 

And every single time that an Android company has been found guilty of stealing, a 3 day court ordered blackout of all Android phones would occur, meaning no phone connection, no data connection, etc.

 

Heck a 30 second blackout period,.... and they still wouldn't be able to operate their phones all day.

post #71 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

There is a problem when people with a single-digid IQ start to post.
And I don't mean you pedromartins.

OMG ... A single digit IQ would really be a problem!
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
post #72 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

Wise of Apple to source other suppliers before Samsung files for bankruptcy.

It'll definitely hurt but I seriously doubt it'll put them out of business. Apple's motives is not to wipe them off the map but more for Samsung to make their own unique products and with the Galaxy Nexus and the SGS lll it seems like they're at least design wise going in that direction.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #73 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQ78 View Post


Awesome idea!   Pure research...  far reaching and not limited to Apple's core business... but technology in general.   I like it.   I miss Bell Labs.

Hopefully they already have and it's internal and top secret. It would take a team to replace Steve's abilities to see the future products we don't know we want yet. I really hope they are hard at work as we speak deep underground at Apple HQ.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
post #74 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

OI! Cut out the ad-homs and get back to the original argument, if there even was one.

Hey! Who are you calling a Hom? /wink
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
post #75 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQ78 View Post


Awesome idea!   Pure research...  far reaching and not limited to Apple's core business... but technology in general.   I like it.   I miss Bell Labs.

It still exists just not in the capacity it once did.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #76 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post


I didn't say Google didn't innovate. You have to be kidding when you say "What I don't know is if Apple will innovate again without Steve Jobs". Apple is a huge company with Steve Jobs handpicked-people. They will be fine. They may not think like Jobs (no one does) but they have the collective skill to continue bring Apple forward.


Well, I'm not so sure about that, they are now like any other CO, they also have very good engineers.

But something has changed since Jobs passed away. They are focusing on profit.

They have discontinued MacBook Pro 17, and I have heard that they will do the same with the Mac Pro.

Professionals are been left behind, Apple loyal customers, and in the past, almost the only customers.

The future is on tablets, but this commercial move is wrong.

I will tell you when they do something else than making a bigger phone, a smaller/bigger tablet.

And retina Macs, well I don't see the real improvement, maybe I have to buy new glasses.

post #77 of 119
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
Fandroids should pay tribute to Apple every time that they turn on their phones. It could be billed directly to their cell plans, and a sum of something like 10 cents would go directly into Apple's account. 

 

I think Apple might prefer 10 cents for every "activation". Then we'll see how fast Google tries to backtrack that million per day.


Originally Posted by criscoso View Post
But something has changed since Jobs passed away. They are focusing on profit.

 


…I have heard that they will do the same with the Mac Pro.

 

You heard wrong. Cook explicitly stated that it is being updated.


I will tell you when they do something else than making a bigger phone, a smaller/bigger tablet.

 

Why do we care what you tell us? 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #78 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post


Well, history will tell.
Big COs have their time, and then fall.
Ask IBM or Microsoft.

Check again IBM is doing quite well.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #79 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post


Well, I'm not so sure about that, they are now like any other CO, they also have very good engineers.

But something has changed since Jobs passed away. They are focusing on profit.

They have discontinued MacBook Pro 17, and I have heard that they will do the same with the Mac Pro.

Professionals are been left behind, Apple loyal customers, and in the past, almost the only customers.

The future is on tablets, but this commercial move is wrong.

I will tell you when they do something else than making a bigger phone, a smaller/bigger tablet.

And retina Macs, well I don't see the real improvement, maybe I have to buy new glasses.


 It's people like this that make one think you ought to have to have a license to post on the Internet.

post #80 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post


Know your subject before making dumb statements. Apple has less than 20 percent of the smartphone market so antitrust lawsuit isn't possible.

 

You should take your own advice.  Market share is not the deciding factor when determining if a company engaged in antitrust activities.

Just look to the current Apple ebook price fixing lawsuit.

No matter what type of media...movies, music, books, photos and web pages

look better and sound better on the Kindle Fire HD and HDX than any iPad

Reply

No matter what type of media...movies, music, books, photos and web pages

look better and sound better on the Kindle Fire HD and HDX than any iPad

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple to seek $3 billion in damages from Samsung - report