or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple to seek $3 billion in damages from Samsung - report
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple to seek $3 billion in damages from Samsung - report - Page 3

post #81 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I think Apple might prefer 10 cents for every "activation". Then we'll see how fast Google tries to backtrack that million per day.

 

 

 

You heard wrong. Cook explicitly stated that it is being updated.

 

Why do we care what you tell us? 

 

Good to hear about the Mac Pro update.

 

It was just an expression, not writing to you btw.

post #82 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post

You should take your own advice.  Market share is not the deciding factor when determining if a company engaged in antitrust activities.
Just look to the current Apple ebook price fixing lawsuit.

That's true, but I'm still waiting for one of the apple haters to explain how enforcing their patents via the US courts somehow makes Apple guilty of an antitrust violation.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #83 of 119
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
 It's people like this that make one think you ought to have to have a license to post on the Internet.

 

The real-world equivalent of that is private forums where you can be banned for not meeting a standard. We've very loose standards, is all.


Originally Posted by criscoso View Post
It was just an expression, not writing to you btw.

 

No, you were writing to all of us, projecting the standard, stereotypical, "stale", "boring", and all the other nonsense.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #84 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Check again IBM is doing quite well.


Hahahah, you know how big was IBM??

They are a portion of what they were.

I'm not saying they will disappear, neither Ms.

post #85 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

The real-world equivalent of that is private forums where you can be banned for not meeting a standard. We've very loose standards, is all.

 

 

No, you were writing to all of us, projecting the standard, stereotypical, "stale", "boring", and all the other nonsense.

 

You don't know me, I'm far from standard.

All you fanboys are so predictable, it's so easy to upset an Apple fan.

So standard, so "I buy an iPhone because is fashion", so standard that you have one phone, one OS, one way of thinking, nothing different than the old IBM PC.

You saw the famous Macintosh 80's ad? It make me laugh, because that commercial reminds me about Apple now. LOL.

See you in the cyberspace!! or not!

post #86 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

Feels like Apple trying to set the stage for an industry wide antitrust lawsuit.  Playing with fire, IMHO

Protecting ones patents and trying to get the highest award is not anti competitive behavior.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #87 of 119
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post
You don't know me, I'm far from standard.

 

I know you have zero legitimate reason for being on our website.


So standard, so "I buy an iPhone because is fashion", so standard that you have one phone, one OS, one way of thinking, nothing different than the old IBM PC.

 


You saw the famous Macintosh 80's ad? It make me laugh, because that commercial reminds me about Apple now. LOL.

 

 

The use I've gotten out of this JUST TODAY tells me that it was a good idea to go ahead and make that list.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #88 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post


Hahahah, you know how big was IBM??
They are a portion of what they were.
I'm not saying they will disappear, neither Ms.

They were bloated. They could've been immensely huge they had done like Apple and kept a tight control over hardware and software.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #89 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post


I'm not ignorant, and to inform you my IQ is 148.

But it's clear that you are a fanboy, I'm fan-nothing. LOL

Please use some of that IQ to improve your grammar. It's painful to read your posts.

post #90 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I know you have zero legitimate reason for being on our website.

 

 

 

The use I've gotten out of this JUST TODAY tells me that it was a good idea to go ahead and make that list.

 

I own Apple products for years, my first one was a Macintosh Plus.

Just because I disagree with something don't make me a zero legitimate, I we think all the same, what's the point for a forum, self-masturb....?

 

31 do not apply, but 30 applies to so many!

 

46, sorry for you, but not just today, I've got it several years ago. Since all the "developers have to do what I say, or nothing, but I don't give you a clear list of what not to do" verbiage from the first iPhone years.

You got something about the iEye from Futurama?

post #91 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The real-world equivalent of that is private forums where you can be banned for not meeting a standard. We've very loose standards, is all.

No, you were writing to all of us, projecting the standard, stereotypical, "stale", "boring", and all the other nonsense.

Well, there may be a loose standard, but it's very unevenly enforced. I was banned for calling someone a troll.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #92 of 119
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post
I own Apple products for years, my first one was a Macintosh Plus.

 


31 do not apply, but 30 applies to so many!

 

46, sorry for you, but not just today, I've got it several years ago. 

 

You don't seem to understand the point of the list. It's a list of lies. Lies the trolls use. Lies only trolls use and things only trolls say. Copied and pasted, almost to the letter, across dozens of accounts and hundreds of posts.


Originally Posted by jragosta View Post
I was banned for calling someone a troll.
 

I think it was more just a generic insult against a user than for that, but I wasn't paying attention to that conversation when it happened, so I can only speak out of context.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #93 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post

 

I own Apple products for years, my first one was a Macintosh Plus.

Just because I disagree with something don't make me a zero legitimate, I we think all the same, what's the point for a forum, self-masturb....?

 

31 do not apply, but 30 applies to so many!

 

46, sorry for you, but not just today, I've got it several years ago. Since all the "developers have to do what I say, or nothing, but I don't give you a clear list of what not to do" verbiage from the first iPhone years.

You got something about the iEye from Futurama?

 

19 comments total in 4 1/2 years, >80% of them today, and nearly 100% taggable as troll spew.

 

Hey TS...where can we find the WHOLE list of troll identifiers??

post #94 of 119
Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post
Hey TS...where can we find the WHOLE list of troll identifiers??

 

Oh, I'm not done yet. I want to have at least 50 (I'm close) before I post it for posterity (and public addition thereto), and I want to get it organized such that the sections will flow beautifully between one another.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #95 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Oh, I'm not done yet. I want to have at least 50 (I'm close) before I post it for posterity (and public addition thereto), and I want to get it organized such that the sections will flow beautifully between one another.

 

Maybe it can be used as a template for trolls to follow when posting??  OR have the forum automatically tag each statement they make with the appropriate troll identifier.  Instead of spell check, it can be called "troll check"tm

post #96 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

 

 

 

 

You don't seem to understand the point of the list. It's a list of lies. Lies the trolls use. Lies only trolls use and things only trolls say. Copied and pasted, almost to the letter, across dozens of accounts and hundreds of posts.

 

Well, it's like you say then.

 

The Macintosh Plus is still operational, the external scsi drive is not, but you can still start the OS using a floppy drive. I got it as a museum piece, like a Quadra 950, a LCIII, ...

I'm writing that with a MacBook Pro 17 unibody early 2009, one month ago, I'd changed the batt and they knock me with a 179€ invoice. Profit profit

 

I perfectly get what the list is about, just was asking If you got something about iEye episode from Futurama, I see you don't.

You may need to add a list item with a ref.

 

I love Apple products, but don't like the way Apple is acting, for some year now. Many innovations claimings that are not, many half truths...

post #97 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

 

19 comments total in 4 1/2 years, >80% of them today, and nearly 100% taggable as troll spew.

 

Hey TS...where can we find the WHOLE list of troll identifiers??


Well, I usually get only the rss feed to get the news, but I had some time (not often for you luck), waiting for renders to finish.

This is a bit fascist btw

post #98 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post

 

Totally agree with IBM and MS.

Well, I wouldn't say Google hasn't innovate, and I'm not talking only about phones here.

You have checked Android? There are many things innovative, and some copied by Apple, as I can read in some post.

But, hey!, I you like the iPhone, it's ok, but I don't, and not because of its design or interface, but for the lack of freedom.

What I don't know is if Apple will innovate again without Steve Jobs, I'm sorry but he was the heart of Apple.

He knew when something was great or not, many others rejected the iPod idea, not originally from Apple btw.

What big picture idea did google have in the Mobile market? I don't see it. The took a big paradigm shifting idea & bolted on features. They make a knock off OS for knock off phones. There is No big idea. Anyone can add features. Apple does this major update once a year. That is there schedule. So how do you know what was being added when? Do you really think the next big idea will come from the advertising company called Google?

post #99 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post

What big picture idea did google have in the Mobile market? I don't see it. The took a big paradigm shifting idea & bolted on features. They make a knock off OS for knock off phones. There is No big idea. Anyone can add features. Apple does this major update once a year. That is there schedule. So how do you know what was being added when? Do you really think the next big idea will come from the advertising company called Google?

 

Well I'm not a Googlefan, or fandroid like you say.

Google has its good and bad things, like all.

But I didn't call Google an advertising company, even if their business is mostly advertising.

Google created a very good search engine that kicked all others out, and many other technologies everybody uses everyday.

And innovates, like selfdriving cars, google glasses (I know, they are in early stage and I didn't advertise them so early like they did), and others.

I don't hate Google, I don't hate Apple.

post #100 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Well, there may be a loose standard, but it's very unevenly enforced. I was banned for calling someone a troll.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I think it was more just a generic insult against a user than for that, but I wasn't paying attention to that conversation when it happened, so I can only speak out of context.

 

Tallest Skil will delete your posts if he doesn't like them. Even if they do not violate TOS.  But he somehow leaves his that violate TOS.

Claiming he was not part of a conversation is bs. I can show you a conversation where he was a part of, but he deleted my post that did not violate TOS.

No matter what type of media...movies, music, books, photos and web pages

look better and sound better on the Kindle Fire HD and HDX than any iPad

Reply

No matter what type of media...movies, music, books, photos and web pages

look better and sound better on the Kindle Fire HD and HDX than any iPad

Reply
post #101 of 119
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
Tallest Skil will delete your posts if he doesn't like them. Even if they do not violate TOS.  But he somehow leaves his.

 

Nope. Didn't touch that post. If you wish to keep contesting moderator actions (which is, on most other websites, completely disallowed), please do it via PM. 

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #102 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

So, why is your employer good at R&D and innovation, but not marketing? They can't attract and retain good talent, and/or can't hire good ad agencies? Really?

 

Or, as usual, are you simply making an argument of convenience like you people always do? (That's a rhetorical question).

 

Well, dunno.  Most of my employer's profit goes to my fat bonus every year; my employer doesn't like wasting money on R&D or marketing.  There are quite a few of PhDs at work - my manager is real picky about schools - but most of them are quants though. 

 

If you are asking about Samsung, yes, I sometimes do wonder why tech innovators like Xerox Parc, IBM, Sony suck at marketing / commercializing their own innovation.

 

Now, do you have anything important to say about the case or Apple in general?

post #103 of 119
As Samsung is THE major component supplier for the iPhone, this will just mean a hefty line of credit for Apple orders for the next few quarters, that's all,

Business and commerce continue as usual.
post #104 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post


Tallest Skil will delete your posts if he doesn't like them. Even if they do not violate TOS.  But he somehow leaves his that violate TOS.
Claiming he was not part of a conversation is bs. I can show you a conversation where he was a part of, but he deleted my post that did not violate TOS.

That's not true. Tallest Skil and I have had our fair share of disagreements and he has never once deleted a post of mine and even threatened to ban me but as you can see I am still here.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #105 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

That is 30% of Samsung's total cash. It's gonna be a world of hurt

 

Yup. I'm guessing that's what Jobs meant by "Thermonuclear".

post #106 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by longfang View Post

Please use some of that IQ to improve your grammar. It's painful to read your posts.

I'm obviously not a native english speaker. A high IQ doesn't assure you are good in languages.

But I speak 4, spanish, catalan, french and english (quite well).

Thanks for the advice I will try.


Edited by criscoso - 9/19/12 at 2:27pm
post #107 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

there's nothing wrong in being ignorant and having a sub-80 IQ.

apple makes 4x more money than sammy on phones and nobody else makes money. are they really loosing?
same thing with computers..

The word you mean is "losing", if you are going to insult someone about their IQ, please check your post first.
post #108 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

 

Well, not sure if that's the case.  Samsung already spends far more than Apple on R&D and is #2 in patents granted in the US (or worldwide).  It's just that Samsung doesn't have that kind of "marketing" clout that Apple yields in this country.  That isn't to say Samsung doesn't copy; it does, just in the same way Apple copies.

 

 

Yeah, they got to come up with washing machine knobs to differentiate themselves.

 

Marketing???

 

I don't know what planet you are on but Samsung's ads are everywhere, for fridges, TV's, washing machines, tablets, phones, advertisements in print media, on TV, the radio, on the Internet, billboards, bus stops, stores, they were major sponsors of some little thing in London recently, what was that called again, oh yeah the Olympics.

 

There has NEVER been a time when Apple has sold more handsets than Samsung ever since the iPhone first launched Samsung has always sold more phones.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #109 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscoso View Post

 

You don't know me, I'm far from standard.

All you fanboys are so predictable, it's so easy to upset an Apple fan.

So standard, so "I buy an iPhone because is fashion", so standard that you have one phone, one OS, one way of thinking, nothing different than the old IBM PC.

You saw the famous Macintosh 80's ad? It make me laugh, because that commercial reminds me about Apple now. LOL.

See you in the cyberspace!! or not!

 

Hey my 26 month old iPhone 4 has iOS 6.

 

When are you getting Jelly Bean?

 

I'm getting an iPhone 5 delivered tomorrow, it's a 64GB model and all I have to do is sync it and it will have all my stuff from the 4.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #110 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

The word you mean is "losing", if you are going to insult someone about their IQ, please check your post first.
Actually for someone whose first language is Portuguese, that's a mistake which is easy to look past. His post is still easy to read, and we all instantly knew what he meant. There or other ESL posters here that are very difficult to read or understand.

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply
post #111 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fithian View Post

Sounds like "thermonuclear" to me ;-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post


That's kind of the idea. Samsung was attempting to make their cash off infringement amd lied about not looking at the iphone during their design process etc, the punishment needs to hurt so they don't do it or even consider it again.

 

This is like more then thermonuclear... Apple wants permission to show up at Samsung HQ with wire brushes and turpentine... Jobs would call it "a world of hurt."

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #112 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for giving me a chance to test out my new system!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for that, and you helped to fill in a few holes, actually. Now go away forever if you're going to keep lying.

 

I love this!

 

What do you call it?

 

'Copy the Sloppy Argument and Paste'?

 

And to think I was going to develop a simple flowchart of 'Ridiculous Anti-Apple Arguments':

 

post #113 of 119
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
I love this!

 

What do you call it?


Tentatively, "Rules of the Troll". I like it because of the phonemic connection to the old "rules of the road" for driver's ed.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #114 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

 It's people like this that make one think you ought to have to have a license to post on the Internet.

 

Agreed.

 

Another wayward post lacking in logic and somebody could die laughing.

 

Not cool.

post #115 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Tentatively, "Rules of the Troll". I like it because of the phonemic connection to the old "rules of the road" for driver's ed.

 

You need to send me a copy.

 

Right now.

 

Check your PM.

post #116 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplication View Post

Actually for someone whose first language is Portuguese, that's a mistake which is easy to look past. His post is still easy to read, and we all instantly knew what he meant. There or other ESL posters here that are very difficult to read or understand.

How would I know what their first language is? Their location doesn't mean they are from that place originally. And still, it is no excuse if you are going to insult someone, make sure you aren't doing the same thing
post #117 of 119

The court is still slowly dealing with remaining issues, one of which was awarding of attorney's fees due to sanctions ordered when both dragged their feet to produce court-ordered documents prior to trial. Apple will get $21,554 from Samsung and Sammy will get $160,069 from Apple.

 

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/11/08/52133.htm

 

EDIT: As an aside it's reported that Judge Koh will permit Samsung to argue for jury misconduct, a bit of a surprise. I don't expect it will get far myself.


Edited by Gatorguy - 11/9/12 at 7:34am
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #118 of 119

Tallest, do you work for Apple?

post #119 of 119
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Tallest, do you work for Apple?

 

I certainly wish. Though many here would then post "Apple Is Doomed.™" and mean it (within their own worlds). lol.gif

 

They think me too conservative, and I think myself too bold; it's just that I don't post my boldest ideas here, since they'd be shot down as ludicrous (even when the truly ludicrous ideas are some of the ones thrown around on rumor sites for the past decade).

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple to seek $3 billion in damages from Samsung - report