or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Some iOS 6 users reportedly suffering from Wi-Fi issues [u]

Some iOS 6 users reportedly suffering from Wi-Fi issues [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by msimpson View Post

Some people are suffering from wi-fi issues, the rest are just tards trying to post to Facebook
My thoughts and prayers go out to the clueless who all are rushing out to upgrade to iOS6. Thanks for finding all the problems for us. Did you RTFM?
Steve would have never allowed Facebook crap in an Apple product. Why let some other company define your brand and own your customers?
Steve never had a Facebook page. Steve never tweeted.
Steve would have laughed at the sheep. Tim Cook just wants to steal your french fries.
Who upgrades to version Zero of anything? For Apple products you know to wait for version .1 It usually only a few weeks away. For Microsoft you wait for version 3, because it takes them that long to fix everything. For Android you just wait forever, because you are the mercy of a lot of half-ass companies who thought it would be a big deal to jump into the smartphone market with a cheap plastic product, but never intend on providing long-term support or upgrades.

Except Steve was around when Ping was released, which was half-baked because it was originally supposed to support Facebook integration.

Oh, and iOS 5 had Twitter integration, and I'm pretty sure that was developed and released while Steve was still around.

People have an irrational disdain for Mr. Cook.
post #42 of 70

One more time....

to re-enable your Wi-Fi connection!!!

Enable both your Cell phone service & your Wi-Fi... then go to your General preferences.

In General settings go to Cellular preference.

Please disable Cellular Data.

-Turn off your Cellular Data-

I repeat....

-Turn off your Cellular Data-

Now as you proceed back to your home screen go back to Wi-Fi (if you are still having difficulty), and re log into your home wifi.

If problem is persisting, turn off your iPhone, and turn back on and repeat steps.

Again, browsing with Safari is much faster in iOS6, and in fact on my cell phone data (using my 32gig 3GS) Safari is almost faster than on my WiFi (n router).

post #43 of 70
In my case I experienced the problem and it disappeared when I checked the box for auto sign-in on the wi-fi settings page. Could have been just a coincidence, could have actually helped, who knows?
post #44 of 70
Everything is fine for me on my iPhone 4 (except that I don't get turn by turn Nav or panorama 1frown.gif )
One issue I am having is with maps. I used a common address in my city and it keeps pointing me to the wrong location. I never had this problem with google maps. I understand that King Street is popular, but when I include the city name too, it shouldn't point me to a nearby town.
Other than that, I'm excited to use ios 6, especially passbook
post #45 of 70
No problem to report, whatsoever. Running smooth.

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

post #46 of 70
Off Topic: An undisclosed ML app is WiFi Diagnostics. it's located in /System/Library/CoreServices. There are plenty of great features for this powerful tool, many of which are located under View in the Menu Bar.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #47 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

Wait, i thought smooth meant sales were shitty and you are embarrassed to admit it.

post #48 of 70
Let me just say that I had zero problems with updating two devices to iOS six, and a computer to Mountain lion 8.3. Which is, tell the truth, great! I was quite surprised by some of the iCloud actions, in which a reminder set on one device reminded me on the device that I happened to be using at the time, a different device. iCloud is a happening thing… Dogcowabunga, dudes.
post #49 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Except Steve was around... People have an irrational disdain for Mr. Cook.

I for one am just so pleased that Steve found and groomed Tim Cook. My observation is that he is doing an excellent job and is a superb person too!

Just upgrade an iP 4 with no hiccups in Wi-Fi.

All the best.

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #50 of 70
Yep. Had problem. Reset Networks Settings to Default, and No Problem! :-)
post #51 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Off Topic: An undisclosed ML app is WiFi Diagnostics. it's located in /System/Library/CoreServices. There are plenty of great features for this powerful tool, many of which are located under View in the Menu Bar.

Thank you so much for pointing this out, just what I needed.

post #52 of 70
Quote:

Thumbs up!

Why did I type this instead of clicking on the the Thumbs Up.

Because AppleInsider's new system sucks on the iPad, that's why.
There's nothing your wife/girlfriend/partner wouldn't like more than a 6 Plus...
There's nothing your wife/girlfriend/partner wouldn't like more than a 6 Plus...
post #53 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Presumably iOS 5 did not do this, or the issue would have come up before. Doesn't seem like a very elegant solution to determining wifi status.

It does.

The issue is more about the massive influx of folks trying to get iOS 6 on day one than anything else

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

post #54 of 70

I had this issue occur on my iOS 5.1.1 device this afternoon.   My device had downloaded iOS 6, but I was waiting until I had closed down all apps and rebooted the device.  When it rebooted but before I installed 6, this issue started. I found an option in my wifi settings called "auto-login" (which I have never seen before) which was turned on.  If I turned that off, then I could join.

post #55 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bart View Post

Ha ha ha ha lol. what happened to 'It just works...' I cant hear Timmy Cook saying that anymore. Poor mice, that treadmill must hurt, but at least you can post your anguish over another apple product failure on their support forum. Ha Ha lol.

It was far superior to the rubbish you were too embarrassed to admit to purchasing.

Fancy joining in Jun 2012 and not being able to say a decent positive thing about whatever rubbish you had selected as a communication device?

Thanks for pointing yourself out!

post #56 of 70
Quote:

Ha ha ha ha lol. what happened to 'It just works...' I cant hear Timmy Cook saying that anymore. Poor mice, that treadmill must hurt, but at least you can post your anguish over another apple product failure on their support forum. Ha Ha lol.

WOW - get a life! By the way, Apple's CEO is Tim Cook, or Mister Cook to you!

post #57 of 70
No problem on my iPad, had to reset my ID, but no email came to reset it.
post #58 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

Yup, here too, except for one tiny glitch: the iPad had not automatically connected to my home network, so had to go into wifi settings and check it once (it had previously connected to the secure network at work, though).

No such issues with the iPhone.
post #59 of 70
Quote:

mouse caught in my mousetrap, that's what you are. ha ha ha lol

Oh yikes. Don't these people even have an embarrassment gene in their bodies!?
post #60 of 70
Do you really believe this? Steve Jobs never groomed Timmy. It's clear from Isaacson's book. If anything he mentored Mark Z of Facebook in the twilight of his life than he did Timmy. Steve did see one thing in Timmy - an astute businessman who could be relied upon to keep the ship steady once Jobs was gone. The last thing Steve wanted on his deathbed was that another Scully fiasco would occur. Hence chose Timmy a few years earlier to keep things steady - not because he saw any genuis in Timmy. In fact he probably would have given Timmy the same advice he gave Bill Gates - to go and expand his mind through LSD/ counter culture.

Morever the choice of Timmy says a lot about what Steve was thinking of the other senior execs at Apple - that they are essentially boneheads who he would never leave the keys to Apple to once he died. These boneheads are now prancing around like they are genuises whereas Steve did not think this - again this comes out clearly in Isaacson's book with the catalogue of episodes where these boneheads produced less than what Steve expected and had to do things over again and better.
post #61 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Except Steve was around when Ping was released, which was half-baked because it was originally supposed to support Facebook integration.
Oh, and iOS 5 had Twitter integration, and I'm pretty sure that was developed and released while Steve was still around.
People have an irrational disdain for Mr. Cook.

Do you really believe this? Steve Jobs never groomed Timmy. It's clear from Isaacson's book. If anything he mentored Mark Z of Facebook in the twilight of his life than he did Timmy. Steve did see one thing in Timmy - an astute businessman who could be relied upon to keep the ship steady once Jobs was gone. The last thing Steve wanted on his deathbed was that another Scully fiasco would occur. Hence chose Timmy a few years earlier to keep things steady - not because he saw any genuis in Timmy. In fact he probably would have given Timmy the same advice he gave Bill Gates - to go and expand his mind through LSD/ counter culture.

Morever the choice of Timmy says a lot about what Steve was thinking of the other senior execs at Apple - that they are essentially boneheads who he would never leave the keys to Apple to once he died. These boneheads are now prancing around like they are genuises whereas Steve did not think this - again this comes out clearly in Isaacson's book with the catalogue of episodes where these boneheads produced less than what Steve expected and had to do things over again and better.
post #62 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrix View Post

This is what I did to re-enable my wifi
For those who own a 32 gig 3GS iPhone (mines almost full mind you) and have recently updated to iOS6 -  and are having wifi connection issues.
Enable both your cell phone service & your Wi-Fi... then go to your General preferences.
In General settings go to Cellular - please disable Cellular Data.
Turn off your Cellular Data.
I repeat.
Turn off your Cellular Data.
Now as you proceed back to your home screen go back to Wi-Fi (if you are still having difficulty), and re log into your home wifi.
If problem is persisting, turn off your iPhone, and turn back on and repeat steps.
By the way, browsing with Safari is much faster in iOS6.

"By the way, browsing with Safari is much faster in iOS6." .... The term is 'Snappier' /wink
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Long on AAPL so biased
post #63 of 70
Quote:

Not that the upgrades caused any issues for me and mine but this is an awesome tool. Thanks much!

This is reminiscent of an app I used to use a lot called EtherPeek.
Long on AAPL so biased
Long on AAPL so biased
post #64 of 70
Had the same issue on iPhone 4 but it was fixed after resetting network connections. Seems to be working fine now.
post #65 of 70
I had some WiFi connectivity problems, also, after downloading iOS6. I reset my network settings and that seems to have fixed things on my iP4.
post #66 of 70
My iPhone 4S wifi quits several times an hour.... It seems to me these continual problems with Apple's software updates are due to inadequate testing... It happens with every major release... Their quest for secrecy keeps their products from being tested in "real" world environments... There are other software issues not posted in this particular discussion...
post #67 of 70

Thanks for the suggestion...   But does not work...  So far none of the remedies work...

post #68 of 70

So far none of the remedies suggested work for my iphone 4S...

post #69 of 70

WiFi access worked without issue right out of the gate. Though my home Fios WiFi did take a long time to download and upload the iPad upgrade. My workplace phone upgrade went snappily and WiFi access from the phone (4s) had zero hiccups.

post #70 of 70

Network World has an article up about ongoing Wi-fi problems for some users, unrelated to the log-in page issue that some users saw the first day.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/092512-ios6-wifi-262787.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_pm_2012-09-26

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Some iOS 6 users reportedly suffering from Wi-Fi issues [u]