or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung plans to add Apple's iPhone 5 to US patent infringement suit

Samsung plans to add Apple's iPhone 5 to US patent infringement suit - Page 2

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

And so I quote the article:

I don't think your quote has anything to do with what I said.

Apple loses cases, and if it's really legally protected, as absurd as it is for a 68 year old clock design, then they'll have to pay up sooner or later.

I still think it's absurd that a government agency is allowed to own copyrights. Copyrights are meant to promote the arts and foster competition, governments fall outside of that in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Non competing? What does Apple's clock do differently from the Swiss Federal Railway Clock? They both tell time, do they not?

Not competing, as in, Apple doesn't sell railroad passenger or freight service and the Swiss Federal Railway doesn't sell phones, software or computers.
Edited by JeffDM - 9/20/12 at 3:14pm
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Perhaps from an "I'm rich, I control you" standpoint?

Is this one of those jokes where you have to go and look up the answer and it's something absurd? I love jokes that make me work for it.

You can look it up but I did the hard work for you. I may disagree with you from time to time but I'd never steer you wrong.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I don't think your quote has anything to do with what I said.
Apple loses cases, and if it's really legally protected, as absurd as it is for a 68 year old clock design, then they'll have to pay up sooner or later.
I still think it's absurd that a government agency is allowed to own copyrights. Copyrights are meant to promote the arts and foster competition, governments fall outside of that in my opinion.
Not competing, as in, Apple doesn't sell railroad passenger or freight service and the Swiss Federal Railway doesn't sell phones, software or computers.

But clocks were being discussed and they both have the same functionality. It's not like those Braun pictures idiots post claiming Apple used, now those are non competing.
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Here have something to read about the company you seem to blindly support:-

http://chinalaborwatch.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/samsung8-271.pdf

Cool huh, child labourers make Samsung stuff cheaper.

This has absolutely no relevance to this discussion, nor my point, whatsoever.

post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidell View Post

Apple. Supreme hypocrites.

http://gizmodo.com/5945008/apple-totally-stole-the-design-of-the-ios-6-ipad-clock

OMG clock. Is that the best you could do?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

It's actually all over the Internet, this is the only site not reporting it. Yes it's only a clock but a company that's suing others for copying left and right shouldn't be copying anything.
post #47 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Is this how you responded to Apple vs. Samsung?

I'm calling you a hypocrite here. Go ahead and defend yourself, or admit that it's one in the same.

post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehshead View Post

Consider the possibility that Apple's move to triple the damages is a defensive move. Apple, knowing that HTC and Samsung have a dominant position with LTE technology, is attempting to leverage and bolster its position with the expected adverse LTE ruling in favor of Samsung. These cases are not being litigated in a vacuum, or as stand alone. As someone who on payday signs the front of the check (an not the back of them) this is what I see being played out.

Why is where you sign a check relevant to anything? Apple has some LTE patents so why are you assuming Apple violated anybody else's patents?

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete...

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete...

post #49 of 49

Employer vs. Employee thought process. Producer vs. User thought process. Not intended to set myself above others, just my observation as one who makes these type decisions with money at risk. The fact that a explanation was needed proves the point.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung plans to add Apple's iPhone 5 to US patent infringement suit