or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple 'working hard' to rectify Maps issues, appreciates 'customer feedback'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple 'working hard' to rectify Maps issues, appreciates 'customer feedback' - Page 7

post #241 of 246
I have tried flyover and there's something about it that really has been nagging at me. I wonder what the parameters they've used to determine where it stops are. I live in Chicago, and noticed the stopped just south of Hyde Park at 63rd St, leaving out over half of the city's South Side, not to mention th south suburbs, while they rendered the whole of the North Side, well into the northern suburb of Evanston. They've rendered a lot of the West Side, and none of East Side. What's up with that?
post #242 of 246

They should've made the maps app an option in the iOS store and go with Google Maps. However, Google was always free to release it's maps app to iOS store like the youtube app. So... Google may have wanted to make this a moment for them to highlight their Android platform by not releasing a maps app.

post #243 of 246
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
They should've made the maps app an option in the iOS store and go with Google Maps.

 

I think the opposite idea—what is happening now—will be far better for the long run.


Originally Posted by WisdomSeed View Post
They've rendered a lot of the West Side, and none of East Side. What's up with that?
 

It's dangerous over there*. Too scary. lol.gif

 

*I know nothing about the gang/ruffian situation in Chicago.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #244 of 246
If they knew the new mapping system was not up to par, they should have labeled the app as "beta" like they did with Siri, and allowed users to keep using the old maps app through an app-store download. It's inexcusable for a smart-phone to have such a faulty mapping facility, especially the iPhone, which should be 'cream of the crop' in all ways.
post #245 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by graxspoo View Post

If they knew the new mapping system was not up to par, they should have labeled the app as "beta" like they did with Siri, and allowed users to keep using the old maps app through an app-store download. It's inexcusable for a smart-phone to have such a faulty mapping facility, especially the iPhone, which should be 'cream of the crop' in all ways.

It's really weird. Playing with the iOS6 Betas I did think Maps wasn't that great but I thought that either this was because I was in Australia, or that Apple hadn't yet "switched on" the main servers with ostensibly better data (for the USA and the rest of the world).

Well, you gotta trust your instincts. I knew something was fishy with iOS6 Maps, and turns out...

Vindication is a dish best served with lemon raspberry jelly.
post #246 of 246
Forstall looked pretty haggard (relative to his previous appearances) at the iPhone5 keynote. Poor guy, really. He is the next Apple CEO, to me anyway, but I'm not sure if he's riding the waves okay right now. Awesome but really tough times for him too, I think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple 'working hard' to rectify Maps issues, appreciates 'customer feedback'