Originally Posted by Mac.World
Let's see. Tell me if you can do just one of these things with the iphone. Just 1. Any real smartphone or tablet should be able to do these simple computer tasks.
1. Look at your files? Or maybe copy and paste a file from one folder to another?
2. Open email and then attach a word document? Or attach a few pics?
3. Download a file from the internet, while watching a video? Or hell, any real multitasking?
4. Add external memory?
5. Read and manipulate the contents of an external drive?
6. Wirelessly connect to a mouse, keyboard and display and present a powerpoint brief or an excel spreadsheet, while you sync and collaborate with numerous people simultaneously?
7. Autosync your pictures, documents, videos and emails with any device, on any network, anywhere in the world in real time?
8. Use built in maps to find your way along the metro lines of London or Tokyo?
9. Be able to open 3rd party apps without having letterboxing due to a lack of scaling?
10. Watch a video while surfing the net, or watch a video of someone making food, while reading the recipe?
11. Attach a file from your iphone to a forum or upload a file from your phone to imageshack. Better yet, when you see any website say 'attach file' be able to do so.
12. Place an icon anywhere on the screen? Change your icon image? Add 30 apps into one folder? Add folders into folders? Alter the look of your homescreen? Alter your statusbar? Add multiple pages of apps to your deck? Change the look of your stolen notification center? Change the stock keyboard?
13. How about altering your cpu's speed? Change the entire OS out for another? What about having the option for a screen bigger than 3.99 inches?
14. Play nintendo, playstation or other games via an emulator and wireless ps3 or xbox controller? This is real mobile gaming, not the pathetic excuse you are used to with 'virtual buttons'.
15. Easy one. Can you use your phone without ever connecting to that really, really shitty program called itunes? So jailbreaking is out of the question. Or fixing a softbricked phone.
I can go on for days on what the iphone, ios and its users can't do compared to an S3, Nexus phones, but there is nothing the iphone can do that the S3 can't, straight out of the box. And by the way, I find it funny that every S3 owner shows faster specs than the antiquated, weak battery, ugly ass, stretched turd iPhone 5 does in pcmag. And since when did pcmag become the ultimate authority on Apple products and benchmarks? Oh yeah, when they made a claim that the triple core iphone was faster than the dual core S3 and all the iFans suddenly heralded pcmag as the only real stats that matter. Which, in the real world, is not the case. But it is what we come to expect from the weak minded, believe anything Apple spews, devout iFaithful.
I love laughing at you guys and your pathetic little phones. And the sheer stupidity of the idiots that pay Apple's costs. And have you all given your mandatory $30 tithing to Apple, so you can have the privilege of using your new iphone with all those accessories and car stereos you own? Bwa ha ha ha And you wonder why you are labeled isheep?
1. Why do I need folders? I can copy and paste on my iPhone file, I can copy an entire document or photo without issue.
2. I'll agree with you on this one, Apple needs to work on this
3. I can check email while watching a video. I can also listen to music while using turn by turn voice navigation. Receive skype messages or a skype call while multitasking. Also gps navigation works while talking on the phone. Multitasking is important but no reason to sacrifice battery life because of useless multitasking.
4. Cloud storage is defeating the purpose of wasting space in the phone for a memory card.
5. An external drive on my phone....why?
6. Airplay, bluetooth keyboard do work on a iPhone. This feature would be more useful on a iPad. I see the benefits of it.
7. imap for email so non-issue, Photos and documents on in iCloud now.
8. Clearly Maps is having issues, Apple decided that they are no longer going to pay to use Google Maps. It'll get better over time but there are 3rd party alternatives out there. Personally I never use public transportation so it'll be a non-issue for many but for those yes its an issue until Apple adds it.
9. Thankfully the majority of 3rd party developers on the App Store actually update their apps. I would say about 80% of the apps on my iPhone 4 (haven't upgraded yet) have added support for the iPhone 5 already. Android users will have more of an issue with app compatibility then iPhone users http://pocketnow.com/android/google-getting-more-explicit-with-android-app-compatibility
10. How are you going to watch a video and read a recipe on a small phone at the same time?
11. Apps have permission to local photo storage. I'm not sure why they haven't added the feature to safari yet but would love this ability.
12. I don't need any of these. I don't need folders in folders, don't you understand that actually makes things harder? You want your phone to run like windows which is just awful. For those who want the full customization, jailbreak.
13. Voiding your warranty but enjoy. I don't need to overclock because iOS and the hardware get along very nicely
14. Technically illegal but if an iphone user would like to do this they would have to jailbreak there phone because emulators are available on cydia.
15. Yes since iOS 5 I haven't touched iTunes. It's not needed for backups (iCloud) and you can buy everything on the phone now.
Also in relation to the the new lightning connector, how many times have phone connectors changed in the past 9 years? Heck even pick one manufacturer and let me know.
Yes iOS isn't perfect because I listed several features I would love to have in the next iOS.
Do you want me to list some issues I have with android phones? Number 1 would easily be having to wait months (sometimes over a year) for android OS updates. You can argue with me how you can just root your phone but honestly I could use the jailbreak argument to cover almost every missing feature you listed.
Fanboyism is a joke on both sides. Android is the best thing for Apple, it forces Apple to innovate and the same on the Android side. Remember the retina display, how many phones before the iPhone 4 came close to it, but think of how many android phones have substantially better resolution after?
Apple's A6 CPU wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for the competition from Samsung, HTC, etc.