or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Briefly: Apple rolls out four new iPhone 5 ads
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Briefly: Apple rolls out four new iPhone 5 ads - Page 4

post #121 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplication View Post


Wristwatches are intended to be worn on the left wrist (or at least they originally were), because the watch stem is on the right side for ease of adjustment or winding by the right hand.

 

I never knew that.  I wear my watch on my right wrist because it feels more natural to me.  I was not aware of the history behind it.

post #122 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplication 
Wristwatches are intended to be worn on the left wrist (or at least they originally were), because the watch stem is on the right side for ease of adjustment or winding by the right hand.
I never knew that.  I wear my watch on my right wrist because it feels more natural to me.  I was not aware of the history behind it.

That begs the question to whether the watch stem was put there because people mostly wear them on their left wrist or people mostly wear them on their left wrist because of the stem placement. I'm thinking the former.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #123 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
I haven't even tried the headphones, they are still wrapped in the box like my iPhone 4 one's, I use canal phones I bought a few years ago.

Dude, do yourself a favor, try them. They will BLOW YOUR MIND.

post #124 of 139

The new headphones do sound nice, but are too big for my ears. They are the Expedition model, but I fit more comfortably in an Outback.

 

doh123 View Post

The physics one is completely stupid... its like they think people are idiots or something.   ... "How can it be bigger and smaller?"  its NOT!!!  its smaller in volume, and bigger in some dimensions and smaller in others... does it even take a 3rd grader to understand 3D space?

I dislike the Idiocracy effect as much as you, but look at the US political landscape right now. Dumbed down messages are the only ones getting majority traction.

 

jcallows View Post
Cute commercials, as always. Too bad they didn't bring back Jeff Goldblum for these.

Jeff, you're drunk.

 

 

Tallest Skil View Post

YOU HEAR THAT, FANDROIDS? YOU BUY PHONES BECAUSE OF FUNCTIONALITY. ONE OF YOUR OWN SAID SO. SO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR DIDDLY ABOUT PHONE DESIGN ANYMORE, CAPISCHE?

Oh good gravy. You need to take a break from this forum.

 

mac-user View Post

The panorama ad is nice but I'm curious about how it works when the objects/people are moving during the shooting process.

Quite well! I took one of a busy convention floor this weekend, from an elevated position. Plenty of people walking everywhere, but the picture has no duplicates or smears. Seamless, all told. 

 

tyler82 View Post

I understand the theory behind the ads. I am just pointing out that something was lost when Apple became so popular (largest corporation in the world). I have been an exclusive Mac user since the Apple II and LC days back in kindergarten. Well- my parents forced upon the family a Packard Hell when I was in middle school, but don't think I didn't protest it!! 

Back then being a Mac user was just.. different. We were more of a family. Now the mainstream hipsters have taken over. Not that I'm not ecstatic that Apple and Google have now dominated Microshaft. It's just that something is gained, and something is lost. 

Let me be the first to point out the irony here, and not just from the dichotomous phrase 'mainstream hipsters.' Or maybe just base your decisions on your own feelings, not what the crowd is doing.

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply
post #125 of 139
Originally Posted by Vorsos View Post
Oh good gravy. You need to take a break from this forum.

 

And you from seriousness.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #126 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


That begs the question to whether the watch stem was put there because people mostly wear them on their left wrist or people mostly wear them on their left wrist because of the stem placement. I'm thinking the former.

 

The stem is on the right as people wore them on their left hand and could wind with their right....why??  Because the majority of people are....right-handed.  Kept the watch from scraping around on the paper when writing back when everyone did that sort of thing.

 

Now you know.

post #127 of 139
Jesus H. these new Apple ads, like 99% of all advertising, are irritatingly condescending and so produce the same reaction as other ads; i.e. I kinda want to slap the voice-over guy and the guys who wrote them too. Nowhere near the pathetic Samsung ads but something to tune out and turn off from nonetheless. Get better material, those suck the BIG one!
post #128 of 139
I do not like this new set of ads. The snide tone seems below Apple's previously sophisticated and "higher road" library of ads. I've always felt that Apple products can hold up and speak for themselves and don't need to stoop to the low level of jabs like this. First the "Genius" ads that ran during the summer that made Apple user's look uneducated that they can't figure out how to use something so easy, and now these. Now its the VO guy that sounds uneducated. I seriously doubt we would have ever seen these if Steve Jobs was approval media campaigns. Sad.
post #129 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesf View Post

Wow! These are horrible in a way that I never thought possible from Apple. Yikes! Apple -- pull these down like the "Genius" batch. I never make comments here -- I think the last time was like 10 years ago -- these adds are so bad so bad I had to figure out my Appleinsider account info to share my disgust. YUCK!
 

 

Ha ha. I did the exact same thing!


Edited by Mrnizegy - 9/24/12 at 11:24am
post #130 of 139

Numbers aren't necessary since the total number of activated Android phones far exceeds the total number of iOS phones.  How do I know this?  Because Android is the most widely used phone platform according to every metric out there.  

But hey, you want numbers?  Here you go:

Android:  51%

iOS: 32%

SOURCE: http://www.bgr.com/2012/07/02/android-market-share-us-smartphone-iphone/

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

Got some numbers to back that up?

 

Some of the flagships have 4"+ screens, a lot of the cheaper phones, which form the bulk of Android activations are below 3"

post #131 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunnr View Post

Numbers aren't necessary since the total number of activated Android phones far exceeds the total number of iOS phones.  How do I know this?  Because Android is the most widely used phone platform according to every metric out there.  


But hey, you want numbers?  Here you go:


Android:  51%
iOS: 32%


SOURCE: http://www.bgr.com/2012/07/02/android-market-share-us-smartphone-iphone/

And yet every single analtic that measures apps and websites show that iOS-based devices are extremely far ahead of Android-based devices which clearly shows that iOS is used more than Android for apps and web usage. Being installed, or as Google like to oddly use "activated", is pretty damn pointless if the system isn't being used as a smartphone. By your standards RiM's BB10 and PlayBook are widely used because QNX is widely installed in cars and Adobe AIR is widely installed on WinPCs.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #132 of 139
When talking about market share, Android is ahead of iOS by a wide margin. There's no amount of spin you can put on those numbers to change that fact. How people use their toys is irrelevant to the discussion.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


And yet every single analtic that measures apps and websites show that iOS-based devices are extremely far ahead of Android-based devices which clearly shows that iOS is used more than Android for apps and web usage. Being installed, or as Google like to oddly use "activated", is pretty damn pointless if the system isn't being used as a smartphone. By your standards RiM's BB10 and PlayBook are widely used because QNX is widely installed in cars and Adobe AIR is widely installed on WinPCs.
post #133 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunnr View Post

When talking about market share, Android is ahead of iOS by a wide margin. There's no amount of spin you can put on those numbers to change that fact. How people use their toys is irrelevant to the discussion.

No, you never mentioned that you were only talking about a share of a market as indicated by the number of devices being sold with a particular OS. You clearly stated MOST WIDELY USED and even qualified with ACCORDING TO EVERY METRIC which I countered with the simple fact that iOS is the mostly widely used mobile OS across most (if not all) analytics.

Now that you've moved the goal posts and restated your position what exactly is your point except to show in relation to my facts that Android is not used as a smartphone OS by most devices in which it's installed? If your goal was to destroy your own argument then job well done.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #134 of 139

It's just misleading, as are all numbers without proper context. It helps to look at as much of the picture as possible: devices, usage, and volume.

 

Windows has a huge raw marketshare, mostly due to offices with bare-bones towers running Excel and ancient database frontends. But Apple is leading in computers that individuals choose to use.

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply
post #135 of 139
haha play your silly word games all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Android is leading, which is why Apple is litigating.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


No, you never mentioned that you were only talking about a share of a market as indicated by the number of devices being sold with a particular OS. You clearly stated MOST WIDELY USED and even qualified with ACCORDING TO EVERY METRIC which I countered with the simple fact that iOS is the mostly widely used mobile OS across most (if not all) analytics.
Now that you've moved the goal posts and restated your position what exactly is your point except to show in relation to my facts that Android is not used as a smartphone OS by most devices in which it's installed? If your goal was to destroy your own argument then job well done.
post #136 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunnr View Post

haha play your silly word games all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Android is leading, which is why Apple is litigating.

Yes, that silly word game called The English Language. :rolleyes;

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #137 of 139
Originally Posted by Waverunnr View Post
…it doesn't change the fact that Android is leading, which is why Apple is litigating.

 

Saying this really needs to be a bannable offense. I'm about at my limit for letting pure lies just have their say.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #138 of 139

Some of us couldn't care less who is "winning," like it's some replacement for tribal warfare. We have sports leagues for that. If using a Samsung Galaxy Class Starship HD makes you happy, more power to you. Just don't let it engulf your entire perspective on the world.

 

[ninja edit] IMO, let liars lie. At least we'll know who needs educating. Censorship is the worst obscenity.

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply
post #139 of 139

Every company have a different way of getting market and this ads explain how nice apple is

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Briefly: Apple rolls out four new iPhone 5 ads