or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Batch File Renaming?

Batch File Renaming?

post #1 of 4
Let's say I downloaded forty pictures of....the green grass growing outside brad's house. I want to rename them all "Brad's Grass XX.jpg" where X= the number in the series of pictures (starting 01). Is there a way to rename all forty pictures at once or do I have to manually rename them myself??
post #2 of 4
There is a lovely app for this. It's called 'A Better Finder Rename' (sic!). Search for it on Versiontracker.

You can do what you say, and a whole realm of other things. It does cost something, but if you don't pay, you can still use it (but only for 9 files at a time).
post #3 of 4
[quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:
<strong>Let's say I downloaded forty pictures of....the green grass growing outside brad's house. I want to rename them all "Brad's Grass XX.jpg" where X= the number in the series of pictures (starting 01). Is there a way to rename all forty pictures at once or do I have to manually rename them myself??</strong><hr></blockquote>

A quick shell
:
#
for name
do
mv "$name" "Brad's Grass "`ls -1 "Brad's Grass *" | wc -l`".jpg"
done
The Bush public works project to repave the road from Suspicion to Paranoia is over budget.
The Bush public works project to repave the road from Suspicion to Paranoia is over budget.
post #4 of 4
i'm not really familiar with the terminal, but thanks. i'd like to know how to do it though
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Batch File Renaming?