or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Review: Apple's iPhone 5 running iOS 6

Review: Apple's iPhone 5 running iOS 6 - Page 3

post #81 of 82
My iPhone 4s has been pretty resilient to scratches, apparently not the case for iPhone 5. I'll wait and see before splashing out.
Edited by Tom Acton - 10/6/12 at 1:33pm
post #82 of 82
This review is TERRIBLE. Seriously? DED sounds like a child.

"Most egregiously however, Google itself has jumped in with an attempt to propagate the notion that iOS 6 Maps will get you "iLost," something that doesn't really seem appropriate given that it was just a few years ago that CNET editor James Kim from San Francisco died while stranded in winter conditions, with his apparent reliance on Google Maps a contributing factor. Nobody was foolish enough to blame Google for Kim's tragic death, and Google should be smart enough to avoid similar associations, given that no GPS system's directions should be relied upon with one's life."

Is that even true?

Apple apparently didn't count on its critics and competitors jumping on the new Maps as being miserable, worthless, all around terrible and likely to get you lost. Nobody at Apple had any reason to think this would make global headlines, because the new Maps is a huge advancement in several respects over the old product powered by Google. It's not without flaw, but the majority of these flaws are Flyover rendering issues or missing or flawed place names, not problems that make the new maps unusable.

Little boy voice.

This review sounds like a novel, not factual, not informative. It makes me feel fuzzy about the iPhone 5, not "knowingly" about the iPhone 5.

I hate his writing style. It's terrible.
How did he ever get hired...?

Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

Tim Cook using Galaxy Tabs as frisbees

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Review: Apple's iPhone 5 running iOS 6