or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Image claims to show launch screen for Logic Pro X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Image claims to show launch screen for Logic Pro X

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
A new image sent to AppleInsider purports to show the launch screen for a pre-release build of Logic Pro X, a rumored upgrade to Apple's professional-level audio editing software.

Logic Pro X


The screenshot, allegedly taken on a 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display, shows the product Logic Pro X, with a version labeled as "Build 10ka01b." AppleInsider cannot verify the authenticity of the image, and as such has included it on its back page in the interest of discussion.

A report a year ago claimed that Apple was working on a new update to its Logic Pro software, dubbed "Logic Pro X," following the branding established by Apple's revamped Final Cut Pro X. Last year's rumors claimed that Apple's logic team was making great efforts to stress it will not shift toward a GarageBand interface.
post #2 of 20

Good! This'll do for music production what Final Cut Pro X did for video: create a more efficient system better suited to modern production.


Now where are iLife and iWork '13? 

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #3 of 20

Can't wait..

 

Will be quite an upgrade going from Logic 8.x/Quad G5  to Logic X / Mac Pro  ( or whatever is top of the line Mac hardware next year...) 

post #4 of 20
"This'll do for music production what Final Cut Pro X did for video..."

Yeah, let's hope that it doesn't.
post #5 of 20
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
"This'll do for music production what Final Cut Pro X did for video..."

 

What, make it better? 


Hating on FCPX went out of style long ago.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #6 of 20
About time! This is more exciting than any iPad or iPhone news....
post #7 of 20
Originally Posted by MoXoM View Post
About time! This is more exciting than any iPad or iPhone news....

 

I personally hope the October event, if there is one, includes a new, redesigned iMac, a Mac Mini, a 13" retina MacBook Pro, iLife and iWork '13, and Logic Pro X.


Finally a Mac event again.

 

Q&A section at the end, someone asks about an "iPad mini". Tim Cook laughs, continuously, for ten minutes. No further questions.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #8 of 20

 

Didn't see this?

post #9 of 20
Originally Posted by champ01 View Post

Didn't see this?

 

 

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #10 of 20
Every time Apple adds "PRO" onto any of their software titles, it just means it's now unusable by professionals.
post #11 of 20
Originally Posted by Mike Fix View Post
Every time Apple adds "PRO" onto any of their software titles, it just means it's now unusable by professionals.

 

Is what one would say if that was at all the case.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Fix View Post

Every time Apple adds "PRO" onto any of their software titles, it just means it's now unusable by professionals.

 

And that's what I meant in my original reply to Talles Skil. That's not the case, you say, FCP X doesn't even have usable audio editing yet, had hundreds of missing features when it was first introduced, and is still inferior to current third party NLE's. Yet Pros are supposed to wait for Apple to fix it rather than just using something else that already works better (FCP 7 included)? Delusional.

 

If Logic X follows the same path as Tallest Skil suggested then Logic X might as well be called Garageband X. True Pros will not use it.


Edited by Neruda - 9/26/12 at 4:57pm
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post

 

And that's what I meant in my original reply to Talles Skil. That's not the case, you say, FCP X doesn't even have usable audio editing yet, had hundreds of missing features when it was first introduced, and is still inferior to current third party NLE's. Yet Pros are supposed to wait for Apple to fix it rather than just using something else that already works better (FCP 7 included)? Delusional.

 

If Logic X follows the same path as Tallest Skil suggested then Logic X might as well be called Garageband X. True Pros will not use it.

 

 

Wait...... are you telling me I can't use FCP7 anymore while FCPX gets better? ;)

post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ01 View Post



Didn't see this?

lol.gif They went to all the trouble of watermarking it with the AI logo so everybody knows who fell for it. Wonder how quickly they'll put an update out.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ01 View Post

Wait...... are you telling me I can't use FCP7 anymore while FCPX gets better? ;)

 

Re-read (or read) the post you replied to. You know, the one where I included FCP 7 as one of the NLE's that is better than FCP X.  

post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ01 View Post

 

Didn't see this?

Hmmm could be a genuine spelling error or done on purpose. 

 

"From here on out" sounds like Apple.  Could be a cryptic message meaning "Hear it -> distribute it".  Maybe Logic X has some kind of social sharing additions and things like that.

post #17 of 20
"Hating on FCPX went out of style long ago."

Because most of the film/tv biz has moved onto Avid (ugh) or Adobe.

I just edited a tv pilot on FCPX. What a miserable experience.
post #18 of 20
Originally Posted by mKunert View Post
Because most of the film/tv biz has moved onto Avid (ugh) or Adobe.
I just edited a tv pilot on FCPX. What a miserable experience.

 

So you hate the alternatives but can't be bothered to relearn FCPX to see if it's better?

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #19 of 20

post #20 of 20

Really looking forward to Logic X

Logic 10

Logic Pro whatever it's called!

 

logicrumours.com

https://twitter.com/LogicXnews


Edited by LogicRumours - 11/26/12 at 12:11pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Image claims to show launch screen for Logic Pro X