or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple removes iPod Socks from online store

Apple removes iPod Socks from online store

post #1 of 12
iPod Socks, a cloth accessory that Apple has sold for years to protect its portable music players, have been removed from the company's online store.

Socks

A reader alerted AppleInsider to the disappearance of the product on Wednesday. It's unclear exactly when the product was removed from the Apple Store, however a Google search still returns a link to Apple's online store as the first result.

The iPod Socks were first introduced by Apple in 2004. They came in a pack of six colorful sleeves that were meant to hold an iPod of any size, and protect it from scratches.
post #2 of 12

This happened months ago.

But… now what will we deride as a pointless accessory? lol.gif They killed off the $100 leather iPod case even earlier!

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #3 of 12
Gone because they are finally ready to introduce......wait for it........... "iPod Shoes"!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #4 of 12

guess they are just gonna replace with longer ones for the 4 inch ipod touches

iMac 21.5" 2.7 GHz (2011), 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM; iPhone 5c 16GB White; iPod Touch 4G 8GB Black; iPod Touch 2G 8GB
iMac 21.5" 2.7 GHz (2011), 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM; iPhone 5c 16GB White; iPod Touch 4G 8GB Black; iPod Touch 2G 8GB
post #5 of 12
Apple's losing its soul, man
post #6 of 12
This doesn't make any sense. Winter's coming soon, my ipod's gonna catch its death of cold if it can't snuggle up in a nice warm sock.
post #7 of 12
Could never get iPod socks to work properly.

Besides, iPhone gloves were always more practical; no taking shoes off in public etc.

lol.gif
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by akf2000 View Post

Apple's losing its soul, man

Sock it to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qRZvlZZ0DY

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #9 of 12
Oh come on, that' obvious - the new iPhone won't just fit in anymore!
I am using those socks on my 4S still every day and it fits perfectly.
The obvious reason they are not being produced anymore (and it's really a very old product) is the products have changed a lot.
post #10 of 12
Clearly the first steps to Apple's liquidation and bankrupcy.
post #11 of 12

Expect a downward spiral to APPL $500.00 because of this.

post #12 of 12
The reason they were pulled is because the Sock Monkey threatened to sue Apple. He holds the design patent on 2 color, rectangular socks.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple removes iPod Socks from online store