or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google's "iLost" Motorola ad faked an address to "lose" iOS 6 Maps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google's "iLost" Motorola ad faked an address to "lose" iOS 6 Maps - Page 5

post #161 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

 

Wrong or not, Apple appear to have updated their database so that it now returns the same Manhattan address whether or not "Manhattan" is included in the search.

 

Tagging might be patented by Google.

post #162 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Wrong or not, Apple appear to have updated their database so that it now returns the same Manhattan address whether or not "Manhattan" is included in the search.

Tagging might be patented by Google.

I don't see the connection.
post #163 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Were there ads in Google Maps for iOS? I did not see them.

 

You've never had your search result replaced with a pin to one of Google's sponsored links?  And then -- from the search field or from the Maps history -- been given directions to the address at the sponsored link?  Appalling.

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply
post #164 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddE View Post

It's wrong because the given address was totally irrelevant. It's like you wanted to find a ghost and IOS 6 showed some living person's face.
There should be no substitution for anything that did not exist. Now if IOS 6 Map searched in a table that contained correct address, I think Apple would need to pay Google to use their search algorithm, simply the best.

You have it wrong.

They entered 315 E 15th St. Apple gave you the location of the nearest 315 E 15th St - which happened to be in Brooklyn a few miles away.

Arguably, if you enter an address, which is more correct? To send people to an imaginary address or to send them to the correct address a few miles away? A very strong argument could be made that Apple is the one who handled it correctly.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #165 of 268
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post
So since when did Apple Insider practice censorship?

 

Since the day the forums were created. Maybe you should pay more attention to the words you say instead of just spewing crap in every direction.


Originally Posted by omgdracula View Post
"Apple did it with all their own hardware and software"

 

You do know that Samsung manufacturers a lot of the hardware in the iPhone right? Apple doesn't make its own hardware anymore because it was shit. 

 

See, I'm reading words here, but they make absolutely no sense at all.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #166 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post


I don't see the connection.

Well, I'm just guessing about something complicated. Forget what I said. Anyway, I think there's no defense nor excuse for how IOS 6 Map returns an irrelevant address to a non existing address. Think of the problem as it is with a GPS. You type in a bad address, non existing, it tells you to drive and drive and drive to waste $5 of gas to some strange place instead of telling you "no, no such address." Luckily, it's just map browsing, but it could drive and drive and drive the mind of the user to Lahlahnutty Land. Whatever Google/Motorola did with a bad address to test out IOS 6 was relevant and professional. Apple should take note, thank them then fixes the problem.

post #167 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

The mere fact that you have, and continue to, post utterly disproves this point.
However, you did take us to a nice fantasy-land for a moment, didn't you? ;-)

There were two posts in this thread alone of mine that were deleted.

That is no fantasy...there were other posts in other threads that were also deleted.

It happens...maybe not to you because you deify a corporation...but it happens.
post #168 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Apple 
[" url="/t/152941/googles-ilost-motorola-ad-faked-an-address-to-lose-ios-6-maps/120#post_2200105"]
If it were up to me, I'd instantly ban about 10-15% of all users here, maybe even more. This is not a democracy, and frankly, I'm not interested in what any Fandroids have to say. I come here to speak with fellow Apple users and anybody who doesn't fall into that category has no business being here, IMO. I've also mentioned this in the past, but if it were up to me (which it is not of course), I would only allow OS 9, OS X and iOS devices to be able to access an Apple centric site.

Apple users do not care about Fandroids, and they are unwanted. They are as welcome as a bunch of lepers.
If it were up to you you'd murder about 90% of the world's population.

Thankfully very little is up to you.
post #169 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Since the day the forums were created. Maybe you should pay more attention to the words you say instead of just spewing crap in every direction.

See, I'm reading words here, but they make absolutely no sense at all.

It makes sense but it is misguided. He doesn't understand what it means to make hardware.
post #170 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by success View Post

Amazing, you guys finally understand.

It is sad and true that you'll never know what it's like to really enjoy a computer/mobile device unless you own an Apple product. 

I commend you for your honesty and maturity.

This has to be the most cult-like comment on this board...and you probably do not even realize how.
post #171 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


If it were up to you you'd murder about 90% of the world's population.
Thankfully very little is up to you.

That is totally not true.

 

I'd estimate that the real figure is closer to 10%.

post #172 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I don't see the connection.
Well, I'm just guessing about something complicated. Forget what I said. Anyway, I think there's no defense nor excuse for how IOS 6 Map returns an irrelevant address to a non existing address. Think of the problem as it is with a GPS. You type in a bad address, non existing, it tells you to drive and drive and drive to waste $5 of gas to some strange place instead of telling you "no, no such address." Luckily, it's just map browsing, but it could drive and drive and drive the mind of the user to Lahlahnutty Land. Whatever Google/Motorola did with a bad address to test out IOS 6 was relevant and professional. Apple should take note, thank them then fixes the problem.

It depends a bit on what you regard as an irrelevant address. Search algorithms are generally programmed to be helpful for malformed or incomplete queries, and so returning the nearest likely address is not necessarily a bad result.

However, that doesn't appear to have been the issue here; originally iOS maps seemed to return the "correct" address when "Manhattan" was included in the query, but not if it was omitted. Now it works either way. That rather kills the argument that iOS maps correctly identified the nearest instance of that address, since it clearly does recognize it as a valid address.
post #173 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wovel View Post


In 2011 Google claimed that made 4 times the revenue from iOS as they made from Android. The assumption would be that some significant portion of that comes from the youtube and maps apps. If it is all from ads, wow, Android is in more trouble than we thought.

 

Actually I remember that article.  I get where you're coming from now.  

 

My initial argument was a reaction to Quadra 610's post.  That post argued Google was worried about losing ground in the Navigation market  I do not follow that logic as it is way to easy for Google to release Google Maps for iPhone.  Plus, the overall reaction from the media has been somewhat pro-Google, whether justified or not.  It just didn't add up to me.

 

But your argument makes far greater sense.  Now that Apple has ditched YouTube and Maps,Google has lost a huge revenue stream they won't get back.  THAT could lead to desperation.

 

I'm sold.  

 

Oh, and thanks for making your case without labeling me or insulting my mother.  Many people around here don't seem to have your manners.

post #174 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

This has to be the most cult-like comment on this board...and you probably do not even realize how.

I sacrifice a goat every time I have to restart my Mac. All hail our bootstrap overloads! Do I have the most cult-like comment on the board now?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #175 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I sacrifice a goat every time I have to restart my Mac. All hail our bootstrap overloads! Do I have the most cult-like comment on the board now?

Being you're one of the most reasonable posters on any board I've ever been on I'd first assume a goat hacked your account than assume you've lost your mind.
post #176 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Apple 
[" url="/t/152941/googles-ilost-motorola-ad-faked-an-address-to-lose-ios-6-maps/160#post_2200245"]That is totally not true.

I'd estimate that the real figure is closer to 10%.

well played...
post #177 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

So since when did Apple Insider practice censorship?

 

Censorship is when government prohibits or suppresses speech, the press, expression, etc.

 

That doesn't give you the right to be heard on someone else's press (or forum software).  OTOH, you are free to buy your own press to print or post whatever you'd like, in the unlikely event you could find anyone interested in reading what you have to say.

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply
post #178 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

It depends a bit on what you regard as an irrelevant address. Search algorithms are generally programmed to be helpful for malformed or incomplete queries, and so returning the nearest likely address is not necessarily a bad result.
However, that doesn't appear to have been the issue here; originally iOS maps seemed to return the "correct" address when "Manhattan" was included in the query, but not if it was omitted. Now it works either way. That rather kills the argument that iOS maps correctly identified the nearest instance of that address, since it clearly does recognize it as a valid address.

Or maybe Apple simply caved in to all the BS flying around.

Furthermore, the entire argument is stupid. No one denies that there are errors in Apple's Maps. Just like there are errors in Google's Maps. And Tom-Tom. And Mapquest. And every other mapping program on the planet. Google is making a big deal out of one address. Apple could do the same thing to them.

Until someone actually demonstrates that there are significantly more errors on Apple's program than on Google's, it's nothing more than FUD.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #179 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Being you're one of the most reasonable posters on any board I've ever been on I'd first assume a goat hacked your account than assume you've lost your mind.

Thanks. I certainly try to look at multiple sides of an issue.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #180 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

It depends a bit on what you regard as an irrelevant address. Search algorithms are generally programmed to be helpful for malformed or incomplete queries, and so returning the nearest likely address is not necessarily a bad result.
However, that doesn't appear to have been the issue here; originally iOS maps seemed to return the "correct" address when "Manhattan" was included in the query, but not if it was omitted. Now it works either way. That rather kills the argument that iOS maps correctly identified the nearest instance of that address, since it clearly does recognize it as a valid address.

Or maybe Apple simply caved in to all the BS flying around.

 

It doesn't seem reasonable to call it "caving", since they obviously needed to remove the inconsistency between the results with and without "Manhattan" in the query.

post #181 of 268
Quote:

Originally Posted by rednival View Post

 

...as it is way to easy for Google to release Google Maps for iPhone.

 

If Google Maps continue to redirect search destinations to paid sponsored link ads, Apple would be well within their rights to reject their app.

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply
post #182 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

 

there is no such address according to the NYC department of buildings website. every address in NYC is in their system

 

everyone except apple probably used fake placeholders or if there is a big gap in numbers they probably have a location estimate algorithm

This on Twitter, can someone clarify the situation (haven't read all posts yet)

 

 

An account set up just to push Google's case...

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #183 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


And if Google Maps gives you directions to Peter Pan's Neverland by telling you travel through the gumdrop forest on the yellow brick road does before stepping though the looking glass does that it a real place?
You must also think this is the best route to get from Point A to B because Google Maps says so.

For **** sake! There are plenty of legitimate things to compare Google Maps to Apple Maps where Google outright wins but to force an argument that maps that have false addresses are better simply because they include them is fucking unreal.

 

Surely you must've not known that this is the walking route suggesting to use two ferry connections to cut 6 hours of travel time?

No problem, your mistake, all is forgiven.

 

What is that?

You don't like how Google is patronizing you on your spiritual journey to enlightenment, tainting it by suggesting another form of transportation instead of walking to shorten your trip?

Well, lucky you there is a big hint that ferries are included in the route and an option to exclude the ferries and get a walking only-route!

 

Disingenuous posts like that no matter what company you prefer should be a bannable offense, it just poisons the conversation.

 

 

Yes, I just registered for this post to highlight this travesty.

post #184 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post


I've had 2 posts today deleted because I didn't tow the line.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


There were two posts in this thread alone of mine that were deleted.
That is no fantasy...there were other posts in other threads that were also deleted.
It happens...maybe not to you because you deify a corporation...but it happens.

 

They've deleted four of your posts?

 

I'm outraged!

 

Mods, why aren't you deleting MORE!!!

My car keeps crashing whenever I do 150mph. It's a design flaw. People tell me to slow down and drive normally but I should be able to use it as I wish.
Reply
My car keeps crashing whenever I do 150mph. It's a design flaw. People tell me to slow down and drive normally but I should be able to use it as I wish.
Reply
post #185 of 268

Well isn't that lovely, moderated posts by the mods so my debunking post doesn't show up.

I wonder how so many troll posts still make it past that.
 

post #186 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

If Google Maps continue to redirect search destinations to paid sponsored link ads, Apple would be well within their rights to reject their app.

I am not familiar with app submission guidelines, but I am assuming Google is from the number of apps they have in the App Store. IF Google does release the app, and I could care less if they do, I am sure they COULD do what they need to do to get it approved. Or they'll submit it, knowing it will be rejected, and the moan and cry "foul".

Point is they've got plenty of apps on iOS and know how to get them approved, so they could again.
post #187 of 268
Originally Posted by Ateny View Post
Well isn't that lovely, moderated posts by the mods so my debunking post doesn't show up.

I wonder how so many troll posts still make it past that.

 

That's actually our bot, Defensio. It learns what we teach it, and so it catches a majority of the spam that hits the forums, and that alerts us to enact on it.

 

… It has also learned, on its own, to block some posts that we as humans would consider trolling. Take that as you will. But neither of your posts were deleted by human hands.

 

Here's that last post restored. I think it would have been a favor not restoring it… 

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #188 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

That's actually our bot, Defensio. It learns what we teach it, and so it catches a majority of the spam that hits the forums, and that alerts us to enact on it.

 

… It has also learned, on its own, to block some posts that we as humans would consider trolling. Take that as you will. But neither of your posts were deleted by human hands.

 

Here's that last post restored. I think it would have been a favor not restoring it… 

 

So a post about exposing people's lies should've better stayed hidden?

Is that how this forum works here?

 

I only registered here because when I first saw that particular image a few days ago, I wasn't believing that it would be that bad on Google's side, so I tried the route myself - with the aforementioned results.

So anyone using that in a discussion about mapping services doesn't seem honest to me, same stuff happens probably with those tumblr images for the new iOS maps.

 

*edit* Too much I in here.

post #189 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

This on Twitter, can someone clarify the situation (haven't read all posts yet)

 

 

An account set up just to push Google's case...

 

In case you missed the earlier discussion, the US Postal Service says it's not: https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupResultsAction!input.action?resultMode=0&companyName=&address1=315+E+15th+St&address2=&city=new+york&state=NY&urbanCode=&postalCode=&zip=

 

Quote:

The address you provided is not recognized by the US Postal Service as an address we serve. Mail sent to this address may be returned.

 

The ironic thing is that Google's own Street View even shows that "address" isn't an address at all:

 

 

It does make a thinking person wonder whether Bing, Google, Nokia, and MapQuest are all using the same source.  But I'm sure facts won't matter to the Fandroids.

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply
post #190 of 268
Originally Posted by Ateny View Post
So a post about exposing people's lies should've better stayed hidden?

 

Simply because of how I perceive you will take the responses that I assume you will receive for it. Nothing more. 

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #191 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

 

In case you missed the earlier discussion, the US Postal Service says it's not: https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupResultsAction!input.action?resultMode=0&companyName=&address1=315+E+15th+St&address2=&city=new+york&state=NY&urbanCode=&postalCode=&zip=

 

 

The ironic thing is that Google's own Street View even shows that "address" isn't an address at all:

 

 

It does make a thinking person wonder whether Bing, Google, Nokia, and MapQuest are all using the same source.  But I'm sure facts won't matter to the Fandroids.

Thank you!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #192 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dselevan View Post

Apple's map still can't find my home address with apartment number, which is 1845 1/8...I even reported this to apple 3 times by hitting the button for that. The advertisement seems valid to me. Can't wait for google maps app.

Google Maps hasn't had my (inner city) address correct in several years.

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #193 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by popnfresh View Post

What Google did wasn't dishonest and it wasn't an act of desperation. Apple Maps should have known the address was fake and not try to go looking for it. Google Maps wouldn't have been fooled by the same trick because their map database is several orders of magnitude more detailed than Apple's is. Google was simply driving that point home. Of course, the fanboys won't see it that way, because in their mind Apple can do no wrong.

 

This phrase. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Perhaps there are more fanboys here than you think.

post #194 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Simply because of how I perceive you will take the responses that I assume you will receive for it. Nothing more. 

B-b-b-ut we just met! I can change! /s

 

Anyway anyone can try out that particular example for themselves.

post #195 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

In case you missed the earlier discussion, the US Postal Service says it's not: https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupResultsAction!input.action?resultMode=0&companyName=&address1=315+E+15th+St&address2=&city=new+york&state=NY&urbanCode=&postalCode=&zip=


The ironic thing is that Google's own Street View even shows that "address" isn't an address at all:

And once again, why does an "address" have to have a building on it? As long as there is a USPS authorized mail receptacle, they will deliver mail to an empty lot. How do I know this? Because I once built a house on a virgin lot, and a mailbox was put up before anything else and guess, what, the USPS delivered mail to an empty lot.

315 E 15th Street is as valid an address for Stuyvesant Square as any other contained in that particular block. Just because the USPS won't deliver to it, doesn't invalidate it as an address to the city, county, state and federal government. The NYC parks department even indicates that the park encompasses a series of addresses with specified boundaries on its website, since the park itself does not officially have an address.

As I pointed out before, Apple Maps actually gives the park an address -- 297 2nd Ave, an address which the USPS also says is NOT a real address, not to mention that the NYC parks does not acknowledge a specific address. So Apple is telling me incorrect information, and giving me a fake address that nobody would ever go looking for.

Honestly I don't understand why you continue to make this issue out of the address being real simply because it is not aknowledged by the USPS. It's a real address to the City of NY, so it's real. Everywhere somebody wants to go doesn't have to be an address that accepts mail. Yes Google picked a bad example, yes very few people would actually ever look for that address, and using it undermines and potentially discredits anything they hoped to accomplish with that ad.

But as far as the ad is concerned, clearly someone was looking for a spot on the SE corner of Stuyvesant Square, and not a location in Brooklyn. As I mentioned before, Apple Maps gives the park an erroneous address too. So what happens if someone looks at Apple's Maps and gives someone the address Apple incorrectly assigns to the Park? The person they gave it to searches for an address which according to your methodology is NOT a real address. So how could this have happened in the Google Ad? Simple, someone plopped down a pin where they wanted to meet their friend and gave them the resulting address. And guess what, you do that in Apple Maps and it gives you the same address.

So you may not agree with it, but both Apple and Google's Maps apps both show such property address, which are indeed real, whether the USPS delivers mail there or not.
Edited by Mac_128 - 9/27/12 at 9:58pm
post #196 of 268

Guys, don't take my word for it, type "315 E 15th St, NY" into Google Maps and have a look around for yourselves with Street View.  No mailbox in site.  Maybe this is where the local druggies go to score, that would explain the police tape in the fourth picture...

 

Click each image for full sized view.

 

Here's the spot Google Street View says is the so-called address (the red "A" in the lower left):

 

A view of the park looking down (the same location for the red "A"):

 

And zoomed out to show the park takes up the length of the whole block (again, the same location for the red "A"):

 

And a view of the park from the side street (nice police tape):

 

It's fun to use Google to refute Google!

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply
post #197 of 268

Sorry DeD, but the address was not "faked".  DEBUNKED http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/27/sorry-apple-fans-the-googlemotorola-fake-address-scandal-is-no-scandal-at-all/

 

The fact that Apple "Fixed" the issue means that they had it wrong in the first place, and Google was right. I know that's hard to admit defeat here in AI, but it's okay. It's not the end of the world that Apple decided to downgrade the experience of iOS, it's for everyones benefit... lol.gif

post #198 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


This has to be the most cult-like comment on this board...and you probably do not even realize how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


I sacrifice a goat every time I have to restart my Mac. All hail our bootstrap overloads! Do I have the most cult-like comment on the board now?

LOL'd

post #199 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateny View Post

Surely you must've not known that this is the walking route suggesting to use two ferry connections to cut 6 hours of travel time?
No problem, your mistake, all is forgiven.

What is that?
You don't like how Google is patronizing you on your spiritual journey to enlightenment, tainting it by suggesting another form of transportation instead of walking to shorten your trip?
Well, lucky you there is a big hint that ferries are included in the route and an option to exclude the ferries and get a walking only-route!

Disingenuous posts like that no matter what company you prefer should be a bannable offense, it just poisons the conversation.


Yes, I just registered for this post to highlight this travesty.


It's called an example that I pulled from Google images to illustrate that Google Maps isn't always going to be perfect. Here is another.



Do you want to argue this is just a "walking route" to help you get more exercise and see the sights?

Bottom line: Apple's maps are flawed but for you et al. to make sweeping implications that Google Maps is flawless isn't only BS but also a bit insane as there are real arguments you could make against Apple Maps if you actually put in the effort to form a cogent argument.

Note that I have said since the first iOS 6 beta they are shipping Apple Maps too soon, although having to re-negotiate a deal with Google month before iOS 7 or having to replace the Maps app mi iOS 6 cycle are neither good solutions so this is the best of bad options they had to chose from, which solidifies the need even more than ever that Apple needs to control their Maps app.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #200 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

Sorry DeD, but the address was not "faked".  DEBUNKED http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/27/sorry-apple-fans-the-googlemotorola-fake-address-scandal-is-no-scandal-at-all/

 

The fact that Apple "Fixed" the issue means that they had it wrong in the first place, and Google was right. I know that's hard to admit defeat here in AI, but it's okay. It's not the end of the world that Apple decided to downgrade the experience of iOS, it's for everyones benefit... lol.gif

Sorry the lie is still a lie and what Apple's doing is crowdsourcing and anyone can do to correct goorola's lie.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google's "iLost" Motorola ad faked an address to "lose" iOS 6 Maps