or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple CEO Tim Cook apologizes to customers for Maps in iOS 6
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple CEO Tim Cook apologizes to customers for Maps in iOS 6 - Page 3

post #81 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post

I think it was a bit unnecessary too.  Simply mentioning third-party apps are available if you wanted an alternative would have been sufficient, but I am not even sure he needed to go that far.

All in all I feel his wording went a bit further than I would have expected.  Simply acknowledging that, "Hey, it's young.  It will get better" was all he needed to say.
Thing is for Cook to make a statement it couldn't be anything but an apology. So in some ways it's kind of damned if you do damned if you don't. My only concern is it opens the door to people expecting apologies for every little thing.
post #82 of 370

I have not had a single problem on several trips from 5 minutes to 1 hour in and around Philadelphia.

 

The new maps are beautiful and will get better and better.

 

Google is off my iPhone. That's almost as beautiful.

 

Thanks, Tim.

 

 

 
post #83 of 370
"The more our customers use our Maps the better it will get"
Hmmm... Where have I heard this before?
post #84 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


I just wanted to say thank you for not being the CEO of Apple, Inc.

 

Seconded,

post #85 of 370

Quite surprised and impressed that Cook offered such a full apology, and even recommended rival products.

 

I guess Apple has to look at the issue pragmatically. They had to release Maps at some point to cut their dependency on Google, but the product could never improve until it was released and corrections were crowdsourced. Hence, release it and collect data from those persevering, whilst acknowledging that some may not be satisfied and pointing them humbly to competing products. Makes sense.

post #86 of 370

my only gripe is using a 3rd party app for public transit.  in Mpls/StP, maps are pretty accurate, but this is a rough city for transit due to the population density (lack thereof... therefore lots of bus schedule changes throughout the day, so if you're a transit user, if you vary your schedule, it's almost impossible to figure out the best fit bus trip).  

 

The former interface had a very simple transition from bus to car, which allowed me to best fit my options.  Current interface driving me to 3rd parties doesn't provide me with the comparitive option.

 

I'm a singular data point, but the the 'one stop nature' of prior maps was big in my book.

post #87 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post

They're not going to and expecting them to do so is a bit unrealistic. I am 100% convinced it will come back as a standalone app though, and Cook's response all but seals that as he points to third-party apps.  The people arguing Apple will reject the app have little to base that on.  Last time Apple rejected a Google app the FTC got involved (Search "Google Voice App Store").

Buy your iPhone 5 and enjoy it. The Map app isn't that bad.

Where I live, and where i regularly travel too, it's hopelessly unusable.
post #88 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

 

I know you're not asking me this question, but I believe they WILL release a Google Maps App in iOS...but not for a long time.  By the time it's "ready" and "approved" this will all be in the past, and Apple's own maps app will be iOS users first choice.  Just like in Android, how many people actually download 3rd party apps?  I don't have numbers, but I suspect it's a very very low %

 

Like you, I don't care if they do or not, i'm quite happy with iOS maps and turn by turn.  Just my .02

 

Actually the people that download 3rd party apps on iOS is very high, BUT how many download "replacement" apps for built in functions is entirely different, and I agree.  I think people will get over this pretty quick.

 

The only negative experience I had was it seems to have a bit of trouble finding things close by in some cases.  It found a store close by but did not find a street address until I added a city, then it was fine.

It also has issues with generic terms, like "restaurants".  

 

I consider those minor quirks that are easy to fix.  I general I find it really hasn't changed that much.

post #89 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Fine; explain this using some sort of logic.

No explanation necessary. Any logical mind would simply induce that if a licensing fee(s) were not to be paid to Google over the future years then Apple would be making a substantial amount of money. Unless of course if Apple's R&D costs are more. And judging by where they are vs where they need to be with Maps it very well could be.
But I doubt it.
post #90 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Dubbs View Post

I find the weight complaints to be crazy, that now we are saying something having heft makes it higher quality.  It reminds me of the luxury automakers who used to put weights in the door so they would have a more solid feel.  Yet now they are all about reducing weight for fuel economy.  Your right in that people are going to complain about everything.  The phone is a solid chunk of metal with one of the strongest screens available, and quality compoments.  How anyone can complain that it doesn't feel like a premium product is beyond me.  There is no flex and the gaps are almost non-existant.  I think I am going to make lead lined case called the iWeight for those who would rather have the phone feel like a brick in their pockets.
I think the weight thing is crazy too. I think it's more impressive that they were able to pack all that technology into something so thin and light, As far as scuffs, I'll take at trade off for something so thin and lit with this build quality. But I always take care of my phones and I'd never put a naked phone in the same pocket as keyed and coins. I own several pairs of expensive suede shoes that I would never wear outside in the winter knowing that going through snow, salt and sand would soil the fabric. I don't blame the manufacturer for not making suede shoes that don't get dirty.
post #91 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2shoes View Post



So you are calling him out for saying something that is true?
...
On topic though, I'm a former iPhone person but now use WP and Android for my own reasons and while I'm not a big fan of the iOS environment, ...
...

You seem reasonable, but your Windows Phone gave you away.

J.
post #92 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post

Classless response. The classy thing todo would be to pull it and put google maps back on. I'm not buying iPhone 5 till they do


if Google maps are that important to you, why don't you get an Android phone? You will ALWAYS have the latest Google Maps on it.

post #93 of 370
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post
The fact that an app is pushed to production in this state is a demonstration of pure incompetence, I wouldn't even accept this from a newbie developer.

 

Yeah! How dare Google release their maps in this condition! It should be absolutely perfect from the instant it launc—what's that? Yeah, I said Google. Uh huh? Oh, yes, don't you remember? Google Maps had these same problems when it was launched. How silly of you to forget. Ignore is probably more accurate.


Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post
No explanation necessary.

 

Ah. Right. That solves everything, doesn't it? Forgive me if I just mock everything you say from here on out. 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #94 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah! How dare Google release their maps in this condition! It should be absolutely perfect from the instant it launc—what's that? Yeah, I said Google. Uh huh? Oh, yes, don't you remember? Google Maps had these same problems when it was launched. How silly of you to forget. Ignore is probably more accurate.

Your analogy is flawed, Google Maps didn't replace anything.
post #95 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

This letter should not exist. What kind of idiot tells people to use a competitor's product when they need users to improve their own? 

 

 

Easy, most folks wont bother since maps works okay for many users.  In those areas they will get the POI updates they need.

 

For areas where the maps completely suck crowdsourcing wont help unless it's of the OSM kind where some folks enter data for an entire local area.  

post #96 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Ah. Right. That solves everything, doesn't it? Forgive me if I just mock everything you say from here on out. 

Sorry I failed your inane pop quiz.
Go right ahead. Who cares?
post #97 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post


From where I'm standing with iOS on two devices (whoops that makes me a fanboy I guess!) I don't have a problem with Apple maps, so in my mind I don't see why Tim should apologize. Quite frankly unless a poll were released to show how many people were actually affected by the issue, I choose not to listen to people who bitch and moan so loudly they drawnout everyone else. For all you know they could be a minority.

 

Obviously Tim apologized because he could see the public perception, even if Maps works fine for you, was damaging the iPhone and Apple brands.  Tim is diffusing the situation, and for customers who are having trouble (and people who are considering a 5), will look like he's listening to them and making folks considering buying feel a little more secure (there are other options and its really important to us that we get this fixed).  JMHO...


Edited by Sasparilla - 9/28/12 at 8:12am
post #98 of 370

WTF are you doing, Tim?

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


At Apple, we strive to make world-class products that deliver the best experience possible to our customers. With the launch of our new Maps last week, we fell short on this commitment. We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make Maps better.
We launched Maps initially with the first version of iOS. As time progressed, we wanted to provide our customers with even better Maps including features such as turn-by-turn directions, voice integration, Flyover and vector-based maps. In order to do this, we had to create a new version of Maps from the ground up.
There are already more than 100 million iOS devices using the new Apple Maps, with more and more joining us every day. In just over a week, iOS users with the new Maps have already searched for nearly half a billion locations. The more our customers use our Maps the better it will get and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback we have received from you.
While we're improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app.
Everything we do at Apple is aimed at making our products the best in the world. We know that you expect that from us, and we will keep working non-stop until Maps lives up to the same incredibly high standard.
Tim Cook
Apple's CEO

 

 

Blah blah blah blah, meaningless corporate jibber-jabber which denigrates your company. By giving the "problem" *even more* attention, you've made an even larger issue out of it. Those who didn't really notice or care will now *really* apply the microscope. The issue was already resolving itself and Cook turns into a pu**y.

 

I hope this is the last time I get to read such idiocy from Apple's CEO. 

post #99 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

This letter should not exist. What kind of idiot tells people to use a competitor's product when they need users to improve their own? 

 

 

I actually like the move. It shows confidence in his product and that it'll get better, and shows (and also shuts up the naysayers) people that this truly WAS a move to give the users a better product, and not an attempt to "Stick it to Google". So in essence, they really do want the iPhone users to have the best experience, and they are doing what they can to provide it. Hopefully it'll be with their mapping solution soon.

post #100 of 370

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 1/21/13 at 3:14pm
post #101 of 370
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post
Your analogy is flawed, Google Maps didn't replace anything.

 

That's funny. Neither did Apple Maps. Both supplanted their successors.


Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post
Sorry I failed your inane pop quiz.

 

Sorry you treat life like a pop quiz instead of just a question asked by others.


Go right ahead. Who cares?

 

Everyone here intelligent enough to see through your lies. lol.gif


Originally Posted by twosee View Post
It shows confidence in his product and that it'll get better…

 

Pointing users to competitors shows confidence in their product?! 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #102 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

OK. Don't buy an iPhone. No one really cares.
The problem is that all the Applegate crap puts Apple into a tough situation. The media has learned that there's nothing that generates hits (read: revenues) faster than fabricating some Apple scandal. There are plenty of people who want to make Apple look bad and the "problem" spreads like wild fire. And since the first one to report it gets most of the credit, there's nothing to be gained by delaying. As soon as you get the least hint of a problem, you go public with it.
If they do nothing, they are attacked for ignoring the "problem".
If they do what Jobs did on the antenna issue (pointing out that every phone does the same thing), they are attacked for being arrogant and trying to deflect 'legitimate' criticism onto their competitors.
If they do what Cook just did and acknowledge that their product is not perfect, then people come out of the woodwork screaming that it's a steaming pile of dung (which is not, of course, what Cook said, at all).
I think Daekwan has it right:
I think you're right. Of the possible scenarios, the one most likely to make it go away is to say "we know it's not perfect and here's what we're doing to make it better".
I still would like to see someone actually do an analysis as to what percentage of the addresses is wrong on both Apple's and Google's systems.

Is this the same media that gives Apple praise and adulation at every product announcement/launch? Apple fans enjoy bragging and boasting when the media attention is positive but you'll smite the same attention when it's negative. Nobody's infallible, and there's no one that can right a ship better than Apple.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #103 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjnjn View Post


It's a good thing stock holders have no say in Apples plans.
Since you have no trust in Apple you should sell your stock immediately.
J.

Your wrong, actually stock holders have a lot to say in Apples plans.

What's trust got to do with this issue? They made a big mistake. Now they need to act quickly and offer a satisfying correction. ASAP.

You must be one of those people who doesn't put his money where his mouth is. Me on the other hand I have done very nicely investing in Apple in spite of the lousy economy.

Apple stock has gone down this week partly because of the negative press associated with this Apples limited mapping choices.

I know of 3 people who planned to upgrade to the new phone but are holding off because of this app issue.

Tim's apology is not adequate he needs to get the Google app available for OS 6 now. 

post #104 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

While we're improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app.
 

 

 

 

 

post #105 of 370

This is my response to the people who argue that there's nothing wrong with the current iOS Maps App.  It's not about Navigation, it's all about information.  Not everyone uses the Maps app for JUST driving and Turn-By-Turn.  I've done plenty of whining in the last 5 days about iOS 6 maps and I'm just about over with all but 3 key things at this point.

 

  • The geographical boundaries (water edges and lack of detail and accuracy) are hugely simplified (and sometimes non-existent) compared to Google Maps.  And in most cases even if you zoom in really close...somethings appear and some don't.  To me geographical data should be visible at all zoom levels.  And for god's-sake make the boundaries accurate.  They're using vector graphics for crying out loud, there's no excuse for simplifying these things.
  • The building outlines can only be viewed largely at a zoom levels that are unusable in most cases (it's better on the iPad but on the iPhone it's unusable).  Meaning you have to zoom in too far to actually see building outlines.  Not to mention the way it denotes types of zoning (i.e. hospital, University, governmental boundaries) are inaccurate as well.
  • Transit overlays on top of the maps.  It's great they they at least show transit stops on iOS 6 maps.  But not having the routes overlaid on the maps is a huge annoyance.  I could care less about Siri telling me which train route is the best and time tables.  Just give me the overlay transit system on the map and I can find my way.  In larger, more complex transit systems...showing the layouts of the stations and exit locations is also a huge advantage Google has over iOS Maps.  Check Beijing on Google Maps for a great example.

 

Using 3rd Party Apps is totally counter intuitive to the Apple method of design (meaning the one-stop-shop).  And I resent the suggestion to use existing 3rd part Apps as a solution to something that wasn't a problem until this new App was released.  If you want us to use 3rd party transit Apps, allow the Dev's to design "Plug-Ins" to the iOS Maps Apps, not the other way around.  If I have to switch to a separate App, It's a FAIL in my book and totally pointless.

 

Being able to interact with multiple layers of information in a Mapping App is what made Google Maps so brilliant.

 

Google had the vision to see maps as more than just for planning a trip from point A to B.  The ability to see all these layers of information allowed for an experience that was so much more than just navigation.  It became a tool for exploration and learning (in Google Earth there were Wikipedia links too).  With Street View you could quite literally tour the world (where available).  There are many more layers of information that made Google maps better (like names of buildings on College Campuses)...but you see my point.

 

I'd have to say that is really the one reason why I hate iOS Maps.  And I guess I shouldn't really be surprised, because everything in this new App is typical Apple's MO.  Start Small and get better over time with generational improvements.

 

That said though, I think the problem is that since Google has been at this for nearly 7+ years and is so flooded with data, people are used to that and we can't wait another 7 years for iOS Maps to catch up.  My guess is it won't take another 7 years...perhaps half that, but still that's a long time to wait for Apple to just get ON PAR with Google from now on.

 

I understand that crowd-sourcing is a necessary evil to improve maps accuracy.  But if you look at my bullet-points above, most of what I believe are THE KEY issues with iOS Maps are not something that necessarily needs crowd-sourcing to improve.  Just give me an accurate map with vital info.  Addresses and location accuracy will come.  We all agree even Google still has issues with that.  Heck, all Apple had to do is go to the local visitor's center in any major city and get the free city map to see what the vital info is they need to show.

 

Also solely relying on Yelp! for location data is a mistake.  They need multiple sources.  If I learned anything in school, it's that you need at least 3 sources for all information you present.  You need to cross-reference data for accuracy...triangulation of data if you will.  And Apple dropped the ball on that.  

 

Something needs to happen fast.  Or there will be a lot more articles about the deficiencies of this App.


Edited by antkm1 - 9/28/12 at 8:19am
post #106 of 370

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 1/21/13 at 3:13pm
post #107 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Oh man, in for an epic thread.

 

Tallest Skil, why don't you have a seat over there lol.gif


lol

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #108 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by nht View Post

Easy, most folks wont bother since maps works okay for many users.  In those areas they will get the POI updates they need.

For areas where the maps completely suck crowdsourcing wont help unless it's of the OSM kind where some folks enter data for an entire local area.  

It will anonymously collect data from every user whether they use the app or not. That's how one is able to see how traffic is moving along on any given street /highway/expressway etc...
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #109 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Pointing users to competitors shows confidence in their product?! 

 

I believe so. it's that "Go ahead and try them, you'll be back" attitude. They feel they have a superior product, or that at the very least, in the near future it will be a superior product, so they aren't afraid of the competition.

 

Personally I reaaalllly like the new maps. I love the vector, the 3D, the cleanliness. Again, I live in Miami so it works pretty well for me. And I'm confident they'll make BIG leaps in the near future.

post #110 of 370

Wow!  I didn't think Tim Cook needed to apologize.  IMO, Maps in iOS6 works great.  I have used the turn by turn navigation and it works fine.  I like how it zooms in and out at like a 45 degree angle.  Now of course, it is nowhere near Google Maps, but Jesus it's a great start for a beta.  I'm sure Apple's Maps had a far better start then Google Maps did.  Yeh, yeh, Apple had all this time to make it perfect.  But we will soon have a downloadable Google Maps for those who are impatient.  And an update is surely to come soon for Maps iOS6.  It's a win win situation for us iPhone iOS6 users because in the end, we will have the best of BOTH worlds!

post #111 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by twosee View Post

I actually like the move. It shows confidence in his product and that it'll get better, and shows (and also shuts up the naysayers) people that this truly WAS a move to give the users a better product, and not an attempt to "Stick it to Google". So in essence, they really do want the iPhone users to have the best experience, and they are doing what they can to provide it. Hopefully it'll be with their mapping solution soon.

Same. I like the fact that Apple is actually acknowledging the problem, as much as it causes butt hurt to the idiots who assume that just because it works for them they should be the norm rather than the exception. I live outside of the US, and as far as my experience is concerned, there is no way I can trust the crap Apple Maps is; it fails to the point of being worse than I would expect from amateurs. When your map data isn't even in sync with your search database, your mapping app sin't ready for prime time; when your search fails to recognize that 'a' and 'â' are the same letter, your mapping app isn't ready for prime time; when your search fails to recognize that 'st' is an abbreviation of "saint', your map app isn't ready for prime time; when your vectorial maps take longer to download than the competitor's raster maps, your mapping app isn't ready for prime time; when rasterizing your vectorial maps consumes significantly more resources than displaying your competitor's raster maps despite you having an entire vectorial API at your disposal in the rendering platform that can accelerate it on the hardware (OpenGL ES), your mapping app isn't ready for prime time. Apple Maps fails on way too many levels to describe; it is a pristine example of pure incompetence, and totally unacceptable from a company that prides itself for quality; so I am pretty happy that Cook is coming out to say that they fucked up, because they really did.
post #112 of 370

Let the class action lawsuits begin.

 

lol.gif

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #113 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post


Good point.  What did Steve say about maps?

 

 

 

That is a fantastic video!

This needs to be re-posted to everyone until the cows come home because I think even Cook needs a refresher.

post #114 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post



Everyone here intelligent enough to see through your lies. lol.gif


"Lies, lies, lies, get up!"
Where do I find emoticons?
post #115 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post

Tim Cook acted like a ceo should, Apple made a mistake, they admitted it, they are trying to fix the problem, it will get better, it will take time. Lets all move on, google maps will be a app in the app store soon. Competition=Cunsumer wins. 

So whats the next drama in the tech world?
Weve had:
google policy change is killing babies
Twitter is killing free speech 
Microsfot is dead
Apple maps is worst than satan

Any guesses?
Hear, Hear!!
post #116 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post


Your analogy is flawed, Google Maps didn't replace anything.

 

Sure it did - standalone GPS units - paper maps - dead reckoning - stoping to ask the gas station attendant for directions. 

post #117 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur123 View Post

Your wrong, actually stock holders have a lot to say in Apples plans.

What's trust got to do with this issue? They made a big mistake. Now they need to act quickly and offer a satisfying correction. ASAP.

You must be one of those people who doesn't put his money where his mouth is. Me on the other hand I have done very nicely investing in Apple in spite of the lousy economy.

Apple stock has gone down this week partly because of the negative press associated with this Apples limited mapping choices.

I know of 3 people who planned to upgrade to the new phone but are holding off because of this app issue.

Tim's apology is not adequate he needs to get the Google app available for OS 6 now. 

 

How can he get the Google app available now?  The last report I saw said that Google themselves haven't even submitted an app yet, and won't be able to for a couple of months.  Tim going to design it himself?

 

3 people planned to upgrade to the new phone but won't because of the app issue?  I sure hope they don't upgrade to iOS 6 then on their current phones.  Because it's the OS, not the phone.  And who hesitates to upgrade a phone because of one app?  That's just silly.  It's a PHONE.  And their precious Google maps can still be accessed via web.  It offers the SAME features at the old Google maps baked into the OS.

 

Give me a break

post #118 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post


Good point.  What did Steve say about maps?

THANK YOU!!
post #119 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post


Where I live, and where i regularly travel too, it's hopelessly unusable.

 

Ah, I see you're international now.  Hard to comment on that because I haven't used maps outside the US....well...ever.

post #120 of 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


There is a button in the app to report problems. If the old app had such a button, I wish I had known about it, because updates happen all the time and businesses do move.
The Android image showed the satellite view, the ad seems to suggest that iOS doesn't offer them, when they clearly do.

So Jeff what are you saying. Tim Cook wants the Apple iphone users to be the beta testers for this not ready for prime time mapping program?

If that is the case they should have included it as a bonus program as part of OS6 and still given users full access to Google maps.

As an Apple stock holder his apology means nothing. Its offering me a drink with an empty glass.

If he truly wants people to move forward he needs to bring back the Google App period end of story.

 

It is doubtful that you will get the Google app back -- that is not the way to resolve this problem.  To provide top quality service, Apple needs to  have access to the maps database and to limit access (to others) for the individual requests and searches.  Google has demonstrated that it is not a reliable enough provider or partner to satisfy Apple's mapping needs.

"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
Reply
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple CEO Tim Cook apologizes to customers for Maps in iOS 6