or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › LCD iMac enough to guarantee success?

LCD iMac enough to guarantee success? - Page 2

post #41 of 43
[quote]Originally posted by JasonPP:
<strong>The features needed to make iMacs fly of the shelves (in a good way)

1. G4
2. bigger, clearer, higher resolution screen
3. bluetooth keyboard and mouse
4. superdrive
5. geforce 3 (the can use the Ti200 for $75ish)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm sure it would fly off the shelves without a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and a superdrive.
post #42 of 43
[quote]
the iBook used to sell hundreds of thousands less than the iMac.

the iBook now outsells the iMac by large numbers

case closed
<hr></blockquote>

- I believe this is incorrect (my apologies if I'm wrong).

On page 18 of Apples latest SEC filing it showes the sales of each machine, and in the three month period ending 6/30/01 Apple sold 190,000 iBooks and 306,000 iMacs.

This was with an 81% increase year over year in the iBook sales and a 31% decrease year over year in iMac sales...

The new iBooks were introduced on May 1st, so sales shown in the SEC filing (6/30/01) would only account for about two months (more realistically one and a half) of new sales. Even this being the case, I find it hard to believe that the iBooks is outselling the iMac, especially by "large numbers"...

_aarons
post #43 of 43
It's highly unlikely that any LCD iMac would come with a 17" screen.
The consensus is that the current 15"LCD will be used as the basis for the new iMac.

What would clinch it for me is if they instead gave it a wide screen aspect ratio (not unlike the Titanium G4). That would at least again differentiate it from other offerings from Dell, Compaq etc..
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › LCD iMac enough to guarantee success?