or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Revised Apple website no longer calls iOS 6 Maps most 'powerful'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Revised Apple website no longer calls iOS 6 Maps most 'powerful' - Page 3

post #81 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Absolutely agree. One more brick in the wall of apology for their work. Since when is the claim "most powerful" no longer applicable?

That isn't why they did it. They did it because haters will hate and will continue to hype up the phrase along with very flaw because they have unreal expections of what an infant service should be like in terms of quality. Sure the blogs will hit whore and report the deletion ( yeah even AI) but that will blow over faster than the Hates posting every little thing and how it proves that Apple Maps is the most powerful etc

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #82 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

OK. So posting your anti-Apple-maps sentiments on this forum is one of the more important things you have to tend to?

My postings are not based on emotions but rather factually based; therefore not a "sentiment" so therefore I can't answer that question.

 

No - they are your sentiments:

 

sentiment |ˈsen(t)əmənt|nouna view of or attitude toward a situation or event; an opinion

 

In any case, I guess I'll spell it out that it seems odd that you have so much time to post your complaints on this forum, which achieves very little, but no time to report the subjects of your complaints to Apple, who might actually be able to fix your issues.

 

post #83 of 114

it really is incredible all the who ha about apple maps.. I use turn by turn navigation from TomTom and I get sent up the wrong street, roads been closed, then I go over to Google maps and check what it says.. sometimes it right sometimes its not... get it must be hard being prefect in this unreal world. Must be hard to accpet that most of them get it right most of the time.. nothing to maon about then I guess ! 

post #84 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

Funny you're still waiting for something you never asked... Also, why are you only accepting statistical evidence? What about all the fundamental flaws that I've pointed out already? Why are those not valid evidence? Why have you never replied to any of the posts where I indicated those flaws?

I've only asked you a dozen times or so. I guess your memory is no better than your logical thinking skills.

Evidence doesn't have to be statistical. It does, however, have to be representative - which no one has provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

Nobody blames Apple for trying to build their own mapping platform; what people blame Apple for is feeding that clearly inferior platform down everyone's throats.

And, yet, no one has shown that Apple's Maps is "clearly inferior". your anecdotal claims are not proof. You'd need to pick some representative samples and compare the results of the two platforms and see if one is any more or less reliable than the other. You continually refuse to do so. Why is that?

The only one who has atempted to do that is Consumer Reports. They at least did a side-by-side comparison and found no different. Their sample was probably not representative, but it's the best we have so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

Sure they do. A hampered and lame app without turn-by-turn navigation right?

Interestingly, I was talking with a friend today. She was raving about how happy she is with the Maps on her new iPhone 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

Oh, for goodness' sake. Perhaps nobody has compiled any 'statistical' evidence, so you're just going to have to accept the torrent of individual data points indicating as such.

If you didn't have a laughable inability to accept any flaws in any Apple product, this wouldn't be anywhere near as hard for you.

I'm perfectly willing to accept proven flaws in Apple's products. Incessant whining from people who think that anecdotes are proof is not useful.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #85 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


I've only asked you a dozen times or so. I guess your memory is no better than your logical thinking skills.
Evidence doesn't have to be statistical. It does, however, have to be representative - which no one has provided.
And, yet, no one has shown that Apple's Maps is "clearly inferior". your anecdotal claims are not proof. You'd need to pick some representative samples and compare the results of the two platforms and see if one is any more or less reliable than the other. You continually refuse to do so. Why is that?
The only one who has atempted to do that is Consumer Reports. They at least did a side-by-side comparison and found no different. Their sample was probably not representative, but it's the best we have so far.
Interestingly, I was talking with a friend today. She was raving about how happy she is with the Maps on her new iPhone 5.
I'm perfectly willing to accept proven flaws in Apple's products. Incessant whining from people who think that anecdotes are proof is not useful.

Just curious, what do you do for a living?

post #86 of 114
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post
I'm pro Apple…

 

This I wouldn't buy if you sold it to me.


Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post
Who or what is a Tekstud?

 

And that's as good as a confirmation in my book.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #87 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

This is being so overdone. I have had the old Google based maps show be businesses that were not there via dropped pins and even street view only to find them long gone when I actually go there. Maps on iOS 6 is very nice. I'm really liking the look and use of it. Only complaint by me is that the tilt gesture for perspective is too easy to trigger. I accidentally do it when zooming quite frequently.

I can vouch for that because I found the tilt perspective by mistake while trying to zoom in lol

 

It's quite nice. 

post #88 of 114

Okay! I have a problem with Apple Maps. Today I was using Maps on my laptop and I happen to notice that is is showing me moving south from my home when I'm sitting still in my home. The little blue pin just kept moving until I gave up watching it. To top that off I can't find my brand new iPhone anywhere. What's with this shit!!??

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #89 of 114
This should help to clarify things:

http://scoopertino.com/tim-cook-goes-on-apology-binge/
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #90 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

This should help to clarify things:
http://scoopertino.com/tim-cook-goes-on-apology-binge/

 

If he keeps that up we'll have to issue him a Canadian passport! :)

 

Sorry Canucks...

post #91 of 114

This whole thing is bizarre.  The new Maps app is my favorite feature of the new OS.  We just went out of town for the weekend and used it all of the time to find and get where we needed to go without the slightest hitch.  I've seen the pictures where the 3d satellite view has some glitches which has had zero impact on my use of the app.  Is there something else wrong because I don't see why that alone has caused all of this controversy.  A feature that isn't even in the old app, and isn't remotely critical to the use of the app, needs tweaking.  I wouldn't switch back to the old maps app even if it were an option.

post #92 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I've only asked you a dozen times or so. I guess your memory is no better than your logical thinking skills.

Alright then, point me 7 posts where you asked for it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Evidence doesn't have to be statistical. It does, however, have to be representative - which no one has provided.

Define representative. I've mentioned, for example, that the search sucks so much it can't even tell that 'a' and 'â' are the same letter. Why does this not qualify as evidence? You can test this yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

And, yet, no one has shown that Apple's Maps is "clearly inferior". your anecdotal claims are not proof. You'd need to pick some representative samples and compare the results of the two platforms and see if one is any more or less reliable than the other. You continually refuse to do so. Why is that?

Why do I need to do any of that? Why are my verifiable claims not proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

The only one who has atempted to do that is Consumer Reports. They at least did a side-by-side comparison and found no different. Their sample was probably not representative, but it's the best we have so far.

What qualifies statistic evidence as representative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I'm perfectly willing to accept proven flaws in Apple's products. Incessant whining from people who think that anecdotes are proof is not useful.

You're just not perfectly willing to define clearly what constitutes proof and why what has been presented is not it, right? Bad, bad troll!

You are my target in this thread, I will destroy all your arguments ONE BY ONE! It is my objective to make you cower in shame of your idiocy!
post #93 of 114
Don`t you guys have the posibility to extract the IPA of Google Maps from a previos version of IOS and install it? From the other side, with Android we can do that with an APK.
post #94 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post


If misplaced businesses are the biggest of your concerns, then I give you a non-functioning search and search results giving me addresses kilometers away from their right place despite everything being correctly charted on the map. That's my experience with Apple's Maps, I wish misplaced businesses (something I can easily look on the web for an address and create a contact that Google Maps will correctly point out afterwards) was the worst of my problems. Fortunately, I have not upgraded yet.
I don't trust ANY mapping service to inform me about local businesses, but I do trust Google Maps to give me directions to local addresses, even if in some cases it leads me to the wrong block, that beats leading me to places kilometers away or not even knowing where a street is by a huge margin.

I just joined this forum so I can reply to this one thread.  Why are people arguing with this Vaelian guy who's a wolf in sheep's clothes.  I bet he doesn't own an apple product, and is busy gathering information from other forums and media outlets to make a case against apple maps. All this in hopes to somehow convert iphone owners to another ecosystem because we know how android users life long goals is to belittle anyone using anything other than android.  Before Vaelian reads this and starts sprouting his fantastic case against apple maps and how he's a apple product owner let me point out something very important.  He complains and complains about apple maps and all it's problems and clearly states in the above quote that "Fortunately, I have not upgraded yet."  The nerve you got to talk about all the awful experiences that you've had with using apple maps but have not even upgraded yet.

 

As for me I owned a iphone 3g for many years and wanted to upgrade this year to a iphone 5 but unfortunately I can't right now financially so I instead upgraded (use the term loosely) to a htc one v android phone because it was free with koodo (Canada) without having to sign a contract.  I must admit I actually got fooled into thinking I'd like android from all the android fans talking of it as the smart phone savior.  I've learned two things from my android experience.  iphone spoiled me and android customization and widgets are the most pointless features, in my opinion, to brag about.  The only envious thing about the android is the power toggle widgets (wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc).  Other than that give me an iphone any day.  I know it's not a top of the line android but I've played with galaxy sIII's in stores and I just don't get how it can ever compare to an iphone for me.  And as far as the maps go. 

The only experience I've had with apple maps is my girlfriends iphone 4 with ios 6.0 and I can tell you it found most things I searched for in southern ontario (which i compared to my google maps on my htc) and both had one mistake.  One was the apple maps found one location but located me one street over which was off.  The other thing was driving directions to a place up the road which apple got correct and google routed me all over the place to the proper location.  What I mean by that is google took a 2 minute drive and turned it into a 15 minute drive.

 

I know this is long but I had to point all that out.  Obviously I'm no expert at using apple maps as I've only used it for a half hour tops but I can say from my experience it isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be by people like Vaelian who I'll remind you is so experienced with it but has not upgraded yet.

post #95 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I like how nokia maps works fine on an iPhone at m.maps.nokia.com however if you go just maps.nokia.com from a desktop Safari it asks you to accept 50 MB of local storage on your computer and if you decline, you cannot get out. It effectively kills your browser session and you have to force quit.

Doesn't do this for me in Safari 6.0.1, how about you post an image of it doing this?
post #96 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivanile View Post

I just joined this forum so I can reply to this one thread.  Why are people arguing with this Vaelian guy who's a wolf in sheep's clothes.  I bet he doesn't own an apple product, and is busy gathering information from other forums and media outlets to make a case against apple maps.

How much do you want to bet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivanile View Post

All this in hopes to somehow convert iphone owners to another ecosystem because we know how android users life long goals is to belittle anyone using anything other than android.  Before Vaelian reads this and starts sprouting his fantastic case against apple maps and how he's a apple product owner let me point out something very important.  He complains and complains about apple maps and all it's problems and clearly states in the above quote that "Fortunately, I have not upgraded yet."  The nerve you got to talk about all the awful experiences that you've had with using apple maps but have not even upgraded yet.

That's really easy to explain, but I don't want to spoil the bet, so please by all means assume I'm lying and put your money where your mouth is. 1wink.gif
post #97 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post


How much do you want to bet?
That's really easy to explain, but I don't want to spoil the bet, so please by all means assume I'm lying and put your money where your mouth is. 1wink.gif

 

Unfortunately, he makes a very good point.

post #98 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

How much do you want to bet?

That's really easy to explain, but I don't want to spoil the bet, so please by all means assume I'm lying and put your money where your mouth is. 1wink.gif

Unfortunately, he makes a very good point.

Does that mean you wish to join the bet? The more, the merrier! I'll have the pleasure to take your money AND make you all look like idiots! 1wink.gif
post #99 of 114

You'll want to not bet on this. Trust me.

 

Sorry for ruining any perceived "fun".

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #100 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

Alright then, point me 7 posts where you asked for it before.
Define representative. I've mentioned, for example, that the search sucks so much it can't even tell that 'a' and 'â' are the same letter. Why does this not qualify as evidence? You can test this yourself!
Why do I need to do any of that? Why are my verifiable claims not proof?
What qualifies statistic evidence as representative?
You're just not perfectly willing to define clearly what constitutes proof and why what has been presented is not it, right? Bad, bad troll!
You are my target in this thread, I will destroy all your arguments ONE BY ONE! It is my objective to make you cower in shame of your idiocy!

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give you my entire critical thinking course in one post.

People who have any concept of 'evidence' and 'proof' know what I'm talking about. You, unfortunately, don't - and are unwilling to learn. Go take a course in critical thinking.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #101 of 114

There are times when statistical 'proof' is necessary and times when it's not really necessary for the point being made.

 

I don't need statistical proof that it's raining when I can establish that by looking out the window. Likewise, to deny that there's a problem with Apple Maps in the face of widespread complaint and a public apology from Apple is not really feasible.

 

You seem to be hiding behind this requirement for statistics a bit. Do you have statistical proof that Apple Maps is as good as Google Maps or better?

post #102 of 114
What a bunch of w*nkers some of you are. Do people really need "proof" that Apple maps are bad? Statistically? Come on.... I hope AA stays on this and doesn't let Apple off the hook. They treated their customers with contempt and even admitted their Maps are so unusable people should use other products.
post #103 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post

What a bunch of w*nkers some of you are. Do people really need "proof" that Apple maps are bad? Statistically? Come on.... I hope AA stays on this and doesn't let Apple off the hook. They treated their customers with contempt and even admitted their Maps are so unusable people should use other products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

There are times when statistical 'proof' is necessary and times when it's not really necessary for the point being made.

I don't need statistical proof that it's raining when I can establish that by looking out the window. Likewise, to deny that there's a problem with Apple Maps in the face of widespread complaint and a public apology from Apple is not really feasible.

You seem to be hiding behind this requirement for statistics a bit. Do you have statistical proof that Apple Maps is as good as Google Maps or better?

It has less to do with statistics than with representative samples and controls. You may be willing to accept a bit of whining on the Internet as evidence. I am not.

There are plenty of examples where Google Maps is wrong, too. So why is everyone so quick to say that a few errors in Apple Maps makes it inferior? The only way to tell if one is inferior is to do a side-by-side comparison. CR did that, but with only a very limited sample.

It's the same thing as all the other whining about Apple. When people started complaining about the antennae in the iPhone 4, all we heard was whining about how the behavior sucked. It was only a couple of months later that we learned that all phones do exactly the same thing. There's a ton of whining about Apple's subcontractors in China. Yet no one wants to mention that all of their competitors use the same (or similar) contractors - and only Apple is working to better the working conditions. We hear about the glass on Apple's phones breaking - yet no one considers the fact that ANY phone with glass can break.

There's a difference between loud-mouthed whining and actually proving a claim. So far, all we have is the former. If anyone actually proves that Apple's Maps are significantly inferior, I'd be happy to acknowledge that fact. I am not, however, going to accept whining as fact.

Oh, and BTW, Euphonius - you have clearly demonstrated your inability to think critically. First, I never claimed that Apple Maps was better. I never even claimed it was as good. But, then, I'm not the one making claims. I'm simply asking those who are making claims to back them up with facts. The ones making the claims have the burden of proof. If you want my opinion, I would venture that they're both probably right over 99.9% of the time. I would also suppose that while both of them have very rare mistakes, Apple Maps may have a few more than Google's, but the numbers are too low to get excited about in either case. If someone actually does an analysis and finds that Apple is 99.9997% accurate and Google is 99.9998% accurate, is anyone going to care about the difference?
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #104 of 114

1. Apple Maps is bad.

 

2. Apple maps isn't as bad as some people would have you believe.

 

3. Apple will release at least 2 and possibly 3 updates to maps before the end of the year fixing at least half of everything that people are bitching about and at least 3 more updates before next summer.

 

4. Apple has sold a shit load (and then some) of iPhone 5s and the amount sold will only increase.
 

5. By this time next year people won't know about this issue and the 5S (or whatever the hell it will be called) will be selling by the truckloads.

 

6. Haters   lol.giflol.giflol.gif
 

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #105 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Apple caved in to bullshit that would have been water under the bridge in about a months' time. And in the meantime they'd have been busy making the app better. 

 

If you already have other navigation apps, like TomTom and Garmin, and some great free ones like MotionX Drive and Waze, then chances are, you would have hardly been affected by Apple yanking Google Maps in the first place. 

 

It's surprising because it's Apple, and that's fair enough, but even the smallest misstep by Apple *must* be spun to hell and back by a lazy, unimaginative industry that is full of Apple competitors that don't have nearly the same mindshare, cachet and desirability as Apple. For the last few years it's been all about Apple, and given that that isn't going to change anytime soon, the disaffected, envious, and the plain flat-footed have to magnify everything. The competition sees the writing on the wall, meaning that the next few years belong to Apple. 

 

I'm kind of enjoying it, actually. Because as usual, when the quarterly reports and consumer satisfaction numbers come around as they always do, all that spin will have accomplished nothing. 

 

Lazy??  Like the latest iPhone 5 having all, well, most of the features of other competitors phones?   I am seeing some laziness lately in the mobile industry, and it ain't the competitors for sure.

post #106 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


It has less to do with statistics than with representative samples and controls. You may be willing to accept a bit of whining on the Internet as evidence. I am not.
There are plenty of examples where Google Maps is wrong, too. So why is everyone so quick to say that a few errors in Apple Maps makes it inferior? The only way to tell if one is inferior is to do a side-by-side comparison. CR did that, but with only a very limited sample.
It's the same thing as all the other whining about Apple. When people started complaining about the antennae in the iPhone 4, all we heard was whining about how the behavior sucked. It was only a couple of months later that we learned that all phones do exactly the same thing. There's a ton of whining about Apple's subcontractors in China. Yet no one wants to mention that all of their competitors use the same (or similar) contractors - and only Apple is working to better the working conditions. We hear about the glass on Apple's phones breaking - yet no one considers the fact that ANY phone with glass can break.
There's a difference between loud-mouthed whining and actually proving a claim. So far, all we have is the former. If anyone actually proves that Apple's Maps are significantly inferior, I'd be happy to acknowledge that fact. I am not, however, going to accept whining as fact.
Oh, and BTW, Euphonius - you have clearly demonstrated your inability to think critically. First, I never claimed that Apple Maps was better. I never even claimed it was as good. But, then, I'm not the one making claims. I'm simply asking those who are making claims to back them up with facts. The ones making the claims have the burden of proof. If you want my opinion, I would venture that they're both probably right over 99.9% of the time. I would also suppose that while both of them have very rare mistakes, Apple Maps may have a few more than Google's, but the numbers are too low to get excited about in either case. If someone actually does an analysis and finds that Apple is 99.9997% accurate and Google is 99.9998% accurate, is anyone going to care about the difference?

 

I think you should know why the world is quick to complain about Apple.  It is because Apple continues to project a persona that they look down on all their competitors.  They are the elite.   That works as long as you never make mistakes.  It gives you hell to pay if you do make mistakes.   Apple thrusts themselves into this situation, and now they are reaping the results of not delivering perfection.   Tim Cook's apology is very odd to me.   We are seeing a new side of Apple.  It will be interesting if this new side is still as appealing to consumers.

post #107 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalanx View Post

I think you should know why the world is quick to complain about Apple.  It is because Apple continues to project a persona that they look down on all their competitors.  They are the elite.   That works as long as you never make mistakes.  It gives you hell to pay if you do make mistakes.   Apple thrusts themselves into this situation, and now they are reaping the results of not delivering perfection.   Tim Cook's apology is very odd to me.   We are seeing a new side of Apple.  It will be interesting if this new side is still as appealing to consumers.

Apple rarely advertises anything that 'looks down on their competitors'. (The 'I'm a Mac' ads were the main exception). Most Apple ads simply show what you can do with the product without even mentioning the competition.

The fundamental problem is that there is a mass of anti-Apple people out there. If you were using Macs in the 90s, you'd remember how many people told you that Macs were toys or junk or how no intelligent person could ever use them. Now, the topics have changed, but the general story is the same - a large number of Apple-haters manage to spread their story all over the place. I believe some of it is funded by their competitors (like Google's stupid #lost ad), but much of it is simply people who hate Apple and don't mind spreading lies.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #108 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give you my entire critical thinking course in one post.

People who have any concept of 'evidence' and 'proof' know what I'm talking about. You, unfortunately, don't - and are unwilling to learn. Go take a course in critical thinking.

That's fine, I'll bookmark this thread then and take your reply as an admission of failure. The reason why I did not provide you with evidence is because you refused to make your definition of evidence clear in order to keep your freedom to move the goal posts every time you're about to lose the argument. That might work against morons, but it fails terribly with me.

I've been dealing with fail Internet trolls like you since 1995, that tactic is old and flawed.
post #109 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It has less to do with statistics than with representative samples and controls. You may be willing to accept a bit of whining on the Internet as evidence. I am not.

What is a "representative sample"? And why doesn't it qualify as statistics? Do you even know what statistics is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

There are plenty of examples where Google Maps is wrong, too. So why is everyone so quick to say that a few errors in Apple Maps makes it inferior? The only way to tell if one is inferior is to do a side-by-side comparison. CR did that, but with only a very limited sample.

But there are no examples of Google Maps being fundamentally flawed, like my previous example with the search, or the map being out of sync with the searchable data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It's the same thing as all the other whining about Apple. When people started complaining about the antennae in the iPhone 4, all we heard was whining about how the behavior sucked. It was only a couple of months later that we learned that all phones do exactly the same thing. There's a ton of whining about Apple's subcontractors in China. Yet no one wants to mention that all of their competitors use the same (or similar) contractors - and only Apple is working to better the working conditions. We hear about the glass on Apple's phones breaking - yet no one considers the fact that ANY phone with glass can break.

This is a lie. Yes, all phones lose signal if you cover them completely, but they don't lose 75% of signal strength when you're holding them in a perfectly normal position. While I understand that your apologetic fundamentalism requires you to lie to yourself about these things, you should be ashamed of spreading misinformation to others. Apple themselves settled a class action lawsuit, essentially pleading guilty of the problem, and then redesigned the iPhone 4S to avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

There's a difference between loud-mouthed whining and actually proving a claim. So far, all we have is the former. If anyone actually proves that Apple's Maps are significantly inferior, I'd be happy to acknowledge that fact. I am not, however, going to accept whining as fact.

I have already proven that earlier in the thread, and you refused to answer to my posts. Why?
post #110 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Just goes to show that they make nonsense claims to take advantage of the "group think" mentality of Apple users, knowing that whatever adjectives that they spew, their "fans" (congregation?) will most likely propagate it.
 

Basically, act first then question later.

 

I think you just defined advertising in general. It's the rule, rather than the exception, to overstate a product's worth.

post #111 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

That's fine, I'll bookmark this thread then and take your reply as an admission of failure. The reason why I did not provide you with evidence is because you refused to make your definition of evidence clear in order to keep your freedom to move the goal posts every time you're about to lose the argument. That might work against morons, but it fails terribly with me.
I've been dealing with fail Internet trolls like you since 1995, that tactic is old and flawed.

Once again, take a course in critical thinking. I'm not going to condense my entire 15 week course into one post.

Since you don't have any clue what 'evidence' is, there's no point in explaining it to you.


Since you are apparently willing to believe everything you see on the Internet without evidence, this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I

Enjoy your date with a French model.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #112 of 114
Justin Bieber fans..

I knew I was reminded of something by some of you.
post #113 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Justin Bieber fans..
I knew I was reminded of something by some of you.

More like fans of the Boss.

 

Cheers

post #114 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Once again, take a course in critical thinking. I'm not going to condense my entire 15 week course into one post.

And what exactly are you attempting to establish with this ad hominem fallacy, oh wannabe critical thinker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Andy View Post

ISince you don't have any clue what 'evidence' is, there's no point in explaining it to you.

Strange that a critical thinker such as you has to resort to straw man fallacies in order to try to win a debate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Andy View Post

ISince you are apparently willing to believe everything you see on the Internet without evidence, this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I

Enjoy your date with a French model.

Uh... You may wish to look in the mirror before accusing me of being gullible...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Revised Apple website no longer calls iOS 6 Maps most 'powerful'