or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Motorola surprises by withdrawing entire ITC complaint against Apple
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorola surprises by withdrawing entire ITC complaint against Apple - Page 2

post #41 of 83

This should go in as a Wiki page, on "how it really happened".

Loved the images in your post.
 

post #42 of 83
@ philboogie - LOL! Hilarious!

philboogie 2012/10/02 02:49pm
Perhaps Google used Apple Maps which read: "Dead end"
post #43 of 83

Apple: "Do you expect me to believe this is a peace offering?"

Google: "No Apple. I expect you to die"
 

post #44 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay2012 View Post

This should go in as a Wiki page, on "how it really happened".

Loved the images in your post.
 


Sorry, this post was in reply to Tallest Skil's earlier brilliant post.

post #45 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Perhaps Google used Apple Maps which read: "Dead end"

LOL! Hilarious! Thank you sir.
post #46 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Oh, and furthermore, you should read the first article carefully along with Google's response. Google admits that they pay a number of people to comment on their products, but deny having told anyone specifically to comment on this case. So even if Google could say "we have 10,000 paid shills who are supposed to say good things about us, and half of them commented on the case, but we never SPECIFICALLY told them to, so we are not disclosing them" it would meet the judge's requirement for disclosure.

 

Where does it say in the article that "Google admits that they pay a number of people TO comment on their products"? Now you're just making stuff up....


Edited by e_veritas - 10/2/12 at 1:44pm
post #47 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post

Mueller is the fraud the guy hates google and gets paid by google competitors!
Hopefully this is a good sign or google taking the high road and not being a hypocrite by talking on both sides on their mouth.

 

There are still the facts of the case being withdrawn to consider, which forms the basis of Mueller's reporting.

 

So tell us where the bias lies in reproducing court documents?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #48 of 83
Conjecture...if apple and google are making mends and setting a a path to cooperation.. It would not be so far fetched to think that this was a givan and take agreement...
apple will somhow re-incorporate google maps data in conjunction to their own and allow google to participate in the seatch results along with yelp, expanding googles mobile exposure....in return google drops the suit ..
Saves money for both... And solves problems for both!

Just a thought!
post #49 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post


See the people listed in the supplemental disclosure

 

In the supplemental disclosure, the list of individuals is preceded with the following:

 

"Google did not pay for comments from any of the commenters listed in this disclosure. Nor did Google cite or rely on any of these commenters in its briefing in this case."

post #50 of 83
This is fairly easy to sort out. Either Moto knows they will lose or they aren't certain they have the arguements to win, which is why they asked for the whole no prejudice thing.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #51 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

When has Google not been truthful?

Funniest.

Post.

Ever!
If you value privacy you can now set DuckDuckGo as your default search engine in iOS and OS X.
Reply
If you value privacy you can now set DuckDuckGo as your default search engine in iOS and OS X.
Reply
post #52 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post

Mueller is the fraud the guy hates google and gets paid by google competitors!

Please provide references for your claims

post #53 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post


They are, however, on google's payroll, and probably formed the basis for jrgosta's claim.

 

I'm sure the fact that they are on Google's payroll would have an impact on how the individuals comment. However, there is a very big difference between someone who receives money from Google and ALSO comments on the side, and someone who receives money for the sole reason TO comment. The former scenario is reality, but jragosta was implying the later. He has a long history of distorting truths here...

post #54 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo007 View Post

Conjecture...if apple and google are making mends and setting a a path to cooperation.. It would not be so far fetched to think that this was a givan and take agreement...
apple will somhow re-incorporate google maps data in conjunction to their own and allow google to participate in the seatch results along with yelp, expanding googles mobile exposure....in return google drops the suit ..
Saves money for both... And solves problems for both!
Just a thought!

You know? This could work. Not use Google Map data/backend, but incorporate, in addition to Yelp! data, in searches.

Hmm....
post #55 of 83

LOL.

 

Seeing all the usual idiots getting so pissed off over Motorola dropping their case is priceless.

 

I thought you people weren't supposed to be so emotionally attached to a company? The fact is you're attached to Apple even though you hate them. Your emotional state rises and falls in time with Apple related news. And since most Apple news is good for Apple/bad for competitors it leaves you pathetic individuals in a perpetual state of despair.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #56 of 83

Since the Motorola Mobility acquisition, Apple is now ready to sue Google directly over Android and FRAND issues.

post #57 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by studentx View Post

FRAND... if you don't know what it is look it up.

None of the patents in the complaint were FRAND, and some of them were actually pretty good. In my opinion, Motorola had a somewhat strong case there, so this does strike me as odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umrk_lab View Post

What for a rumor site, then ?

There's a difference between a rumor which may or may not stem from an authoritative source and speculation that is known to be baseless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

wonder if this has anything to do with the recent Appeal ruling in Microsoft vs. Motorola.

Has there been a verdict for the appeal yet?
post #58 of 83
Quote:

 

Alderud hasn't deigned to provide his own references for his claims, but what your link only shows that he's paid by Google's competitor (which has been public info since at least April) not that he is either a Google hater or a fraud.
post #59 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

I'm sure the fact that they are on Google's payroll would have an impact on how the individuals comment. However, there is a very big difference between someone who receives money from Google and ALSO comments on the side, and someone who receives money for the sole reason TO comment. The former scenario is reality, but jragosta was implying the later. He has a long history of distorting truths here...

That's pretty clever. You lie about what I said (or implied) in a post accusing me of being a liar.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #60 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

Google explicitly stated that they do not pay any bloggers to write articles in their favor. When they added that there may be individuals who receive money from Google via other channels (e.g. AdSense), the judge asked for more details in which Google complied. Even with the more detailed report, there was nothing along the same lines as Oracle paying Mueller to write 'propaganda' for them. You suggesting otherwise is completely disingenuous....

 

I do agree with other comments though...very sad that AI continues to quote this discredited blogger.

 

The article I read about the court filings didn't link the actual filings for me to read (I believe it was PCMag or ComputerWorld) and it was also before they made their subsequent filing listing people who had received money. So my comments may have been ill-informed but they were not disingenuous. It's kind of funny for you to throw around claims of being disingenuous and then call Mueller a discredited blogger without any evidence or justification. Does being a consultant for Oracle (or supposedly Microsoft at one time) make him discredited or are you referring to something else? In the court filing linked by Majjo above http://www.groklaw.net/pdf3/OraclevGoogle-1236.pdf it clearly says that Oracle did not hire him to comment on their case. He was hired as a consultant because of his legal expertise. If we're going to start disbelieving Oracle's court filings then we should do the same with Google...
post #61 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

The hell?  Eric Schmidt found Jesus?


No, he found Psy.

 

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #62 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by alderud View Post

Please provide references for your claims


http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20110605163439627

 

http://www.dailytech.com/Top+AntiAndroid+Blogger+Florian+Mueller+is+Being+Paid+by+Oracle/article24633.htm

 

http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/comes-3096.pdf

 

http://paidcontent.org/2011/10/18/419-is-patent-expertblogger-florian-mueller-getting-too-cozy-with-microsoft/

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInPrague View Post

 

Alderud hasn't deigned to provide his own references for his claims, but what your link only shows that he's paid by Google's competitor (which has been public info since at least April) not that he is either a Google hater or a fraud.

 

He's not a lawyer but rather a "patent analyst"

 

http://www.fosspatents.com/2011/10/study-on-worldwide-use-of-frand.html

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

LOL.

 

Seeing all the usual idiots getting so pissed off over Motorola dropping their case is priceless.

 

I thought you people weren't supposed to be so emotionally attached to a company? The fact is you're attached to Apple even though you hate them. Your emotional state rises and falls in time with Apple related news. And since most Apple news is good for Apple/bad for competitors it leaves you pathetic individuals in a perpetual state of despair.

 

And that emotional rant helps your case because.....

 

It seems like you yourself is just as emotional (if not more so) than the "usual idiots".

 

I would think that calling people "usual idiots" would not be tolerated in this board.

I guess I was wrong.

Seems like the double standards are the norm in this part of the world.

 

Any moderators wanna chime in?


Edited by Galbi - 10/2/12 at 3:29pm

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #63 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


That's pretty clever. You lie about what I said (or implied) in a post accusing me of being a liar.

 

I called you out for stating the article I quoted contained something it didn't. Specifically the following:

 

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Google admits that they pay a number of people to comment on their products

 

When in reality, what Google stated and was mentioned in the article was the exact OPPOSITE of your comment.

 

Originally Posted by Google View Post
Google again states that neither it nor its counsel has paid an author, journalist, commentator or blogger to report or comment on any issues in this case.
Google did not pay for comments from any of the commenters listed in this disclosure. Nor did Google cite or rely on any of these commenters in its briefing in this case.

 

So...I'm sorry, who is the liar again jragosta?

post #64 of 83

It just occurred to me.  

 

Al Gore (advisor to Google and Apple Board member) must have told Larry Page to "knock it off."

post #65 of 83

It could only be a peace offering if they were going to win.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post


Baloney. The removal of Google Maps for iOS is a gut punch, hitting Google directly in the pocket book. You seem to forget how Google makes money and it ain't by giving stuff away free. Google needs its apps on iOS more than Apple needs Google Maps and smart people know it. I agree with others that this may be a peace offering. If it is it means Google blinked first. Gonna be interesting to watch.
post #66 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInPrague View Post

 

The article I read about the court filings didn't link the actual filings for me to read (I believe it was PCMag or ComputerWorld) and it was also before they made their subsequent filing listing people who had received money. So my comments may have been ill-informed but they were not disingenuous.It's kind of funny for you to throw around claims of being disingenuous and then call Mueller a discredited blogger without any evidence or justification. Does being a consultant for Oracle (or supposedly Microsoft at one time) make him discredited or are you referring to something else? In the court filing linked by Majjo above http://www.groklaw.net/pdf3/OraclevGoogle-1236.pdf it clearly says that Oracle did not hire him to comment on their case. He was hired as a consultant because of his legal expertise. If we're going to start disbelieving Oracle's court filings then we should do the same with Google...

 

One doesn't have to look far to see the bias in Mueller's articles. He constantly speaks of gloom and doom for Google, with virtually none of his predictions coming to fruition. Did even a single prediction/assessment that he made for the Oracle v. Google case actually happen??? According to him, Android was certain to be a  goner after the Oracle Java lawsuit. Many times, his suppositions are in stark contrast to those of the mainstream (all anti-Google..go figure), and have been criticized by many others...including Groklaw.

 

As I see it, he is either a paid shill, or a horrible analyst...both of which discredit him as an authoritative commentator.

post #67 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20110605163439627

http://www.dailytech.com/Top+AntiAndroid+Blogger+Florian+Mueller+is+Being+Paid+by+Oracle/article24633.htm

http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/comes-3096.pdf

http://paidcontent.org/2011/10/18/419-is-patent-expertblogger-florian-mueller-getting-too-cozy-with-microsoft/



He's not a lawyer but rather a "patent analyst"

http://www.fosspatents.com/2011/10/study-on-worldwide-use-of-frand.html


And that emotional rant helps your case because.....

It seems like you yourself is just as emotional (if not more so) than the "usual idiots".

I would think that calling people "usual idiots" would not be tolerated in this board.
I guess I was wrong.
Seems like the double standards are the norm in this part of the world.

Any moderators wanna chime in?

Why would you post a link to 136 page PDF as evidence of something and not make any reference to which part is relevant? Are you surprised that the rational people on here occasionally fall into ad-hom attacks?

Why should the moderators do anything to Eric when they still let you post...
post #68 of 83

^ LOL, I forgot I had Galbi blocked (likely because he was spewing garbage in the past) and didn't even know he responded until you quoted him.

 

That said, I never called a specific person an "idiot". I used a general term just as if I said "haters" or "fandroids". And I'm referring to the internet forums in general, not only AI posters.

 

What's more interesting is seeing who jumps out of the woodwork and responds to my post. I mean, if you're not the type of person I'm describing, why do you need to jump on what I said? Something to think about.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #69 of 83

Is it OK to comment on the actual content of this topic? Yeah?

 

I assume that the contract between Apple and Google regarding Google as the default search engine in iOS/OSX is being re-negotiated. And with iOS, Apple can do to search what it has done to YouTube and Maps -- force users to use Safari for Google search. Such a move by Apple could have some adverse effect on Google. Google compromises by withdrawing certain complaints.

 

Or...

 

Google/Motorola feel their claim against Apple is so strong that they would prefer to take their case via the courts rather than the ITC.

 

What is needed is a statement from the horse's mouth. Failing that, it's simply a wait-and-see scenario over what happens in the next twelve months leading up to iOS7 and even possibly OSX 10.9.

post #70 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

What's more interesting is seeing who jumps out of the woodwork and responds to my post. I mean, if you're not the type of person I'm describing, why do you need to jump on what I said? Something to think about.

Nice point. Someone felt might defensive all of a sudden.

"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
post #71 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_veritas View Post

I called you out for stating the article I quoted contained something it didn't. Specifically the following:


When in reality, what Google stated and was mentioned in the article was the exact OPPOSITE of your comment.


So...I'm sorry, who is the liar again jragosta?

That would be the person who thinks that "google didn't pay anyone IN THIS CASE" refutes "Google pays people".

I.e., you.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #72 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Apple has a trump card and most likely after further research the legal staff for Google, I mean Moto Mobility, gave their assessment to the board and they voted to pull the plug on this action.

 

a trump card?  You mean like Apple's shrinking smartphone worldwide marketshare? How about Apple Maps disaster?

post #73 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInPrague View Post


Why would you post a link to 136 page PDF as evidence of something and not make any reference to which part is relevant? Are you surprised that the rational people on here occasionally fall into ad-hom attacks?
Why should the moderators do anything to Eric when they still let you post...


You've just conveniently bypassed all the other links just to point out the lone PDF file?

 

Are you okay?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

^ LOL, I forgot I had Galbi blocked (likely because he was spewing garbage in the past) and didn't even know he responded until you quoted him.

 

That said, I never called a specific person an "idiot". I used a general term just as if I said "haters" or "fandroids". And I'm referring to the internet forums in general, not only AI posters.

 

What's more interesting is seeing who jumps out of the woodwork and responds to my post. I mean, if you're not the type of person I'm describing, why do you need to jump on what I said? Something to think about.

 

Those who cant take a little criticism and continue to live the yes-man life, never accomplished anything.

 

It's for the greater good to have people, like myself, to be the voice of reason and perspective. Groupthink wont get you anywhere. You need critics like me (no matter how much you dont like to read my words) .

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #74 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post
It's for the greater good to have people, like myself, to be the voice of reason and perspective. Groupthink wont get you anywhere. You need critics like me (no matter how much you dont like to read my words) .

That's some case of self-delusion you have there.

"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
Reply
post #75 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post


You've just conveniently bypassed all the other links just to point out the lone PDF file?

 

Are you okay?

 

 

 

Those who cant take a little criticism and continue to live the yes-man life, never accomplished anything.

 

It's for the greater good to have people, like myself, to be the voice of reason and perspective. Groupthink wont get you anywhere. You need critics like me (no matter how much you dont like to read my words) .

 



And you totally ignore the opportunity to explain why 20% of your "evidence" is remotely relevant. why?

So, your other links - the first is a 5,200 word article that only seems to show Groklaw (who seem to hate Mueller as much as Groklaw claims he hates Google) disagrees with a couple of his points on a scoring of the judge's response to claims construction in a Motorola v. Microsoft case. What subset of this spew proves any relevant points?

The second link only points out what we already know that Oracle is a Mueller client. I've never called him a journalist, he's a blogger just like the "authors" of this site. What point is proved here?

The third is your 136 page worthless PDF which, given the opportunity, you fail to defend.

The fourth link points out that Microsoft is his client and nothing more. The main takeaway is "it’s hard to regard him as a disinterested party." No one in these comments, least of all me, has called him a disinterested party. He's biased against Google, but that does not make him "discredited." Plenty of "journalists" are biased against Romney does that make them discredited?

The fifth shows he's not a lawyer. Who said he was a lawyer? I said he was a legal expert and as a intellectual property analyst he could easily be considered a legal expert for intellectual property cases.

So in conclusion none of your links prove any of the contested claims. You merely threw 5 links in a reply without an reference in the hopes that no one would question you. In what way is your presence on this forum for the greater good of anyone? Critics are good, your eternally worthless posts are not.
Edited by GregInPrague - 10/3/12 at 12:09am
post #76 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

It's for the greater good to have people, like myself, to be the voice of reason and perspective. Groupthink wont get you anywhere. You need critics like me (no matter how much you dont like to read my words) .

 

That's awfully generous to offer your unwanted services for free!

 

(How do we unsubscribe?)

If you value privacy you can now set DuckDuckGo as your default search engine in iOS and OS X.
Reply
If you value privacy you can now set DuckDuckGo as your default search engine in iOS and OS X.
Reply
post #77 of 83

To add another little tidbit to Moto's possible olive-leaf action, their motion to drop the entire case came about 30 minutes after Apple requested another 30 days to respond to the original filing due to complex issues. 

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #78 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

To add another little tidbit to Moto's possible olive-leaf action, their motion to drop the entire case came about 30 minutes after Apple requested another 30 days to respond to the original filing due to complex issues. 

I'm more inclined to believe it's a fig leaf action. They're trying to cover something up.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #79 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


I'm more inclined to believe it's a fig leaf action. They're trying to cover something up.

Such as?

 

If would certainly be in line with Google's aversion to lawsuits in general (there's been very few ever filed by them). With this one now disposed of Google has not, in the entire history of their company,  initiated and followed thru on any IP lawsuit against any competitor. Even this ITC filing was the first lawsuit against a tech competitor that could even remotely be claimed to have originated with them directly AFAIK.

 

I detect a general tone in this thread that a peace outreach from Google would be a bad thing in the view of some Apple fans. My personal guess is that some here would much rather see Google attacking Apple, justifying any action Apple takes to "protect themselves".IIRC  it was just a few months ago that Hill60 and a couple of others, perhaps even you, considered Google to be talking out both sides of their mouth. That if they were serious about their statements that patent lawsuits hinder the industry it's disingenuous to continue IP lawsuits filed by Moto and thus they should drop them. Now that they've actually dropped a very substantial one in it's entirety it seems it's not welcomed, as tho something devious must be afoot.

 

Even Mr Mueller is of the opinion that the most simple explanation is that it's a peace offering to further encourage negotiations. Considering his general opinion of anything Google does as evil or failing, that's quite a statement IMO

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #80 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I'm more inclined to believe it's a fig leaf action. They're trying to cover something up.

Olive leaves - olive branches - fig leaves ... this has degenerated into a pretty tedious discussion. Time to rake up all the dead leaves and send the pile off to compost.

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Reply

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Motorola surprises by withdrawing entire ITC complaint against Apple