Originally Posted by logandigges
Why does everybody hate rap? Rap is the only genre of music that really reflects how people feel and their emotions. Other music genres don't. They don't show that, they say "dance, dance!" or whatever. They are not real.
None of my statements include Lil Wayne or any of those idiots (YMCMB).
Seriously, i don't know how mesmerized i am by your claim, but from what i understood from the other posters, it resumes to inexperience.
So, a couple of friendly tips from a not that much older guy :
go to the itunes store and get this:
Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone
Relax, sit quietly on your bedroom and preferably listen with a good couple of speakers or headphones.
Afterwards, you can also try finding a couple of Beethoven's symphonies. There's endless recordings of them. I can easily recommend you the
- Fifth symphony, all (i prefer the version by Bohm (it's the maestro last name ) )
- the Seventh symphony, second movement
- the Ninth, it's great in its entirely but you can go the fast way and just try the first and the 4th/5th movement - depending on the version it can have just 4 movements or five, but start from fourth either way. (Karajan has a really good version of this but it's one of the most played symphonies of all time, so it's hard to find one that sucks (although they exist)
after this experience i hope that you will reach that:
- there's more music than rap
- you don't have to have lyrics or words to actually have emotion on the music
- there's a hell of a lot "old" music that completely blows your mind if you just try to listen to it.
try and then tell us how it went ;-)