This is very weird... I didn't think Apple would do it which is why I thought it weird but basically I am not doing anything wrong. I used to be able to tether my iPhone 4 on Snow Leopard but that was back in Jul '11 and haven't had a tether phone plan before. I should add I am in the UK, This is what I do:
- Enable bluetooth on iPhone 5 and MacBook Pro
- Enable personal hotspot on my iPhone 5 "Now Discoverable"
- On MacBook Pro I proceed with Set-up Bluetooth device
- Searches and attempts to pair with iPhone 5, sends the code to my discovered phone
- I get the congratulations message on my MacBook pro saying they're paired. I go to quit.
- On my iPhone in the Bluetooth settings it says Vince's MacBook Pro Not Connected and is still searching for devices. I click the blue arrow next to it and...
Message... "Pairing Unsuccessful, Vince's MacBook Pro" is not supported". I get a button to click.."Forget this Device."