or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sexual Intercourse To Be Banned Unless You Have Been Sterilised.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sexual Intercourse To Be Banned Unless You Have Been Sterilised.

Poll Results: Do you think that in the not too distant future sexual intercourse will be banned?

 
  • 100% (1)
    Yes
  • 0% (0)
    No
  • 0% (0)
    Other (please post your thoughts)
1 Total Vote  
post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

That's right, and the reason given will include that your babies would be at a disadvantage to and a threat to, sanctioned life. It might not seem obvious today, but think ahead to where this is all leading-

 

 

"Scientists have created mouse eggs from stem cells and used them to make healthy baby mice. The technique will help them study how eggs develop and also offers the potential to create eggs for infertile women.

Dr Allan Pacey, a fertility expert at the University of Sheffield and chair of the British Fertility Society, said: "This is a very technical piece of work which pushes much further the science of how eggs are generated and how we might one day be able to routinely stimulate the new production of eggs for women who are infertile.

Saitou used two types of stem cells in his work: embryonic stem cells, which are found in early-stage embryos and can turn into any type of tissue in the body; and induced pluripotent stem cells, which are made by taking a cell from an adult (such as a skin cell) and reprogramming it into a state similar to an embryonic stem cell."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/oct/04/baby-mice-stem-cells

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2 of 22
Thread Starter 

Looks likes this thread isn't getting the attention it deserves. Maybe that's because it seems so implausible to think that such freedoms could ever be at risk. 

 

Following on, a scientist has given a likely scenario for future choices regarding our children. In a world where a) some people might live in space (possiby very confined areas) and b) where resources might be expensive, perhaps his vision of the future isn't so bizarre-

 

"In the paper, he actually puts forth the idea of parents giving hormones to their children in order to stunt their growth, along with adopting policies where people have to decide whether or not they want “one large child, two medium-sized children, or three small children”."

http://www.infowars.com/forget-geoengineering-professor-calls-for-human-engineering-to-save-earth/

 

In addition to this method above, simply take some skin samples from short people or genetically manufactured short people, heck maybe people only will need to be 2 feet tall, and create your more economical family.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #3 of 22

If such bans do come about, they will come about from the radical leftist environmentalist no doubt. There's been more than one of these who have espoused the opinion that we have too many people.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

If such bans do come about, they will come about from the radical leftist environmentalist no doubt. There's been more than one of these who have espoused the opinion that we have too many people.

 

That's what blows me away about Hands.  No one from his political opposition would propose such a thing.  It would be those who share his ideology.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

If such bans do come about, they will come about from the radical leftist environmentalist no doubt. There's been more than one of these who have espoused the opinion that we have too many people.

 If you look at GMO crops by Monsanto et al, you'll see that these kind of forced regulations really come from the right. That's typically where the power and money is. These people are total right wing control freaks.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

 If you look at GMO crops by Monsanto et al, you'll see that these kind of forced regulations really come from the right. That's typically where the power and money is. These people are total right wing control freaks.

 

I thought you were talking about banning sexual intercourse (unless sterilized.) Population control. How does a company trying to use technology to produce more food to feed more people fit into your reasoning?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I thought you were talking about banning sexual intercourse (unless sterilized.) Population control. How does a company trying to use technology to produce more food to feed more people fit into your reasoning?

 

Some people believe GMO food is unhealthy and can cause undesirable effects to health - among them, sterilization.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

 

Some people believe GMO food is unhealthy and can cause undesirable effects to health - among them, sterilization.

 

I see. Is this the desired or intended effect? Is Hands implying that people are producing GMO food in order to sterilize the population?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #9 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's what blows me away about Hands.  No one from his political opposition would propose such a thing.  It would be those who share his ideology.

Not mine, that's for sure.


Edited by Hands Sandon - 10/5/12 at 2:00pm
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I thought you were talking about banning sexual intercourse (unless sterilized.) Population control. How does a company trying to use technology to produce more food to feed more people fit into your reasoning?

Because they manipulate nature too. It's a fairly obvious correlation between seeds for crops and seeds for people. 

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Because they manipulate nature too.

 

We all "manipulate nature" to one degree or another. That's what we do. Everything we have that enables us to live, survive and thrive is a result of "manipulating nature." You're not saying anything meaningful here.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It's a fairly obvious correlation between seeds for crops and seeds for people. 

 

I don't understand what you're saying. Please elaborate on this "obvious correlation" to explain why you think the right might be the source of sexual intercourse bans (i.e., population control.)

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I see. Is this the desired or intended effect? Is Hands implying that people are producing GMO food in order to sterilize the population?

No, but I've not read about what jazz is saying

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

No, but I've not read about what jazz is saying

 

OK. So, hopefully, you explain the connection between the GMO and the population control methods you mentioned in the OP.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

We all "manipulate nature" to one degree or another. That's what we do. Everything we have that enables us to live, survive and thrive is a result of "manipulating nature." You're not saying anything meaningful here.

 

 

 

I don't understand what you're saying. Please elaborate on this "obvious correlation" to explain why you think the right might be the source of sexual intercourse bans (i.e., population control.)

Actually we're only here because we've lived with nature for millions of years. We now are gaining near complete control over it. Babies from pieces of skin? This is advanced stuff, that's far from where reality has been. 

 

Banning sexual intercourse to reproduce will likely result because major corporations push for it. Imagine, everyone's a customer, the government has increased control over it's population. I think it's inevitable.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Actually we're only here because we've lived with nature for millions of years.

 

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

We now are gaining near complete control over it.

 

Don't be ridiculous.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Banning sexual intercourse to reproduce will likely result because major corporations push for it. Imagine, everyone's a customer, the government has increased control over it's population. I think it's inevitable.

 

Possibly. But they will be bedfellows with the radical left environmentalist who think there are already too many people.

 

But thanks for admitting what the government wants to do (or is a vehicle for): Control its population.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

 

 

 

Don't be ridiculous.

 

 

 

Possibly. But they will be bedfellows with the radical left environmentalist who think there are already too many people.

 

But thanks for admitting what the government wants to do (or is a vehicle for): Control its population.

There's no doubt governments seek overwhelming control over their citizens, and I've never argued they don't. 

 

Can you really not see that making people out of human skin and having apples made with the DNA of spiders, crocodiles, parsley and worms, gives us control over nature that's well beyond anything before?

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

There's no doubt governments seek overwhelming control over their citizens, and I've never argued they don't.

 

Fair enough, then, based on your general support for government and many of its powers, then you must also support this quest of theirs. Or do you believe it can be contained and limited and, if so, how?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Can you really not see that making people out of human skin and having apples made with the DNA of spiders, crocodiles, parsley and worms, gives us control over nature that's well beyond anything before?

 

Of course it does. But that does not mean we have total control of nature (or are event close to it) as you implied in a previous statement.


Edited by MJ1970 - 10/5/12 at 3:07pm

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Not mine, that's for sure.

 

Tell ya what, Hands...go do some research on eugenics and sterilization and see how many conservatives supported such ideas in the past.  Then get back to me.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #19 of 22

post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Just because it doesn't directly impact you doesn't mean it's a bad thread.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #21 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Fair enough, then, based on your general support for government and many of its powers, then you must also support this quest of theirs. Or do you believe it can be contained and limited and, if so, how?

 

 

 

Of course it does. But that does not mean we have total control of nature (or are event close to it) as you implied in a previous statement.

I don't support about 90% of what government does. That probably makes me the exact opposite of the person you're trying to say I am.

 

Things are constantly getting more and more controlled too. Whilst there are some good things in the mix, the vast majority of that control I see as an invasion of my rights, or someone else's. There are sensible controls like pollution standards, that effect people directly by impacting on their health and environment and then there are a vast number of laws that simply keep people in nicely controlled little boxes. 

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I don't support about 90% of what government does.

 

I'm so glad to hear that.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

That probably makes me the exact opposite of the person you're trying to say I am.

 

Well then I apologize. I was basing my opinion on what things you appeared support. Please accept my apology.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Things are constantly getting more and more controlled too.

 

Sadly, you are right.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Whilst there are some good things in the mix, the vast majority of that control I see as an invasion of my rights, or someone else's. There are sensible controls like pollution standards, that effect people directly by impacting on their health and environment and then there are a vast number of laws that simply keep people in nicely controlled little boxes. 

 

Agreed.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sexual Intercourse To Be Banned Unless You Have Been Sterilised.