or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Microsoft begins guerrilla marketing campaign for Surface near Chicago Apple Store

Microsoft begins guerrilla marketing campaign for Surface near Chicago Apple Store - Page 3

post #81 of 89

Surface is all about productivity ... not for people who likes to waste their time 

post #82 of 89
Originally Posted by kheba View Post
Surface is all about productivity ... not for people who likes to waste their time 

Maybe Microsoft should be using Surfaces instead of wasting their time with this pointless advertising campaign, then.

Or maybe people should be using Surfaces instead of iPads in their hundreds of thousands of jobs across hundreds of fields. Oh, wait, they can't, because the iPad exists and the Surface doesn't.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Maybe Microsoft should be using Surfaces instead of wasting their time with this pointless advertising campaign, then.

Or maybe people should be using Surfaces instead of iPads in their hundreds of thousands of jobs across hundreds of fields. Oh, wait, they can't, because the iPad exists and the Surface doesn't.

They have a new product being released on October 26th, so they're building buzz around it. 

post #84 of 89
Originally Posted by travisbrowny View Post
 They have a new product being released on October 26th, so they're building buzz around it. 

I think they'd be better served building it instead. lol.gif Or at least giving developers a reason to build for it.

post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbrowny View Post

If Microsoft wants "buzz," they need to crap something to draw the flies. 

In preparation of the release of "Surface" the store employees are being trained to look busy while paid shills come and go with empty boxes with "Surface" painted on the sides.

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #86 of 89
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post
If Microsoft wants "buzz," they need to crap something to draw the flies. 

Mmm! *miming fast right hook* That's a good one. I want to see that used more often.

post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kheba View Post

So you've used one and speak from experience?
post #88 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Thank Gawd I don't live in Chicago if that's any indication to where their Apple store is located nearby. Let me check on my map app. Drat- no Streetview so I can't.

This has nothing to do with Chicago. 

Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
post #89 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The Lincoln Park Apple Store is in a standalone building in prime location next to the North/Clybourn Red Line subway station. In 2009, Apple agreed to pay $4 million to renovate the subway station in order to secure the space for its store.

I'm curious to know how exactly they cleaned up that subway station. It's still a pit, but the only difference is when you walk out of it you're immediately walking toward a giant apple store with a fountain in front of it. Maybe it was a 4 million dollar fountain. If so, i need to start researching the lucrative fountain business!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Microsoft begins guerrilla marketing campaign for Surface near Chicago Apple Store
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Microsoft begins guerrilla marketing campaign for Surface near Chicago Apple Store