or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Foxconn denies strike at iPhone 5 factory, says handset production on schedule

Foxconn denies strike at iPhone 5 factory, says handset production on schedule - Page 2

post #41 of 71
Those scratches and scuffs are unbelievable. Can't help thinking this is Samsung money and moles.
post #42 of 71
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post
...not even photos or reports of the train that left the factory with over 2000 striking workers headed for a re-education camp/asbestos mine in the far west. Nor any mention of the train arriving at the factory with over 2000 new employees immediately afterwards. Not one word! The silence from China is deafening. 

I meant it jokingly, not that there was anything actually being covered up, but that there was something being fabricated.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #43 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivanile View Post

So why is it that so many news stories come out about Foxconn, and not just that, but it's always associated with Apple.  I know that Foxconn workers also make parts for the xbox 360 and playstation 3 yet we never hear of those workers being disgruntled.

China Labor Watch is a political organization.  Does this explain everything to you?

post #44 of 71

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 1/22/13 at 7:04am
post #45 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue blue View Post

Those scratches and scuffs are unbelievable. Can't help thinking this is Samsung money and moles.

Interestingly, I was at a party today and a guy was complaining about his Samsung phone. He got one about a year ago and it started crashing every time he took a photo. Then, it started crashing more and more frequently and finally crashed every 5 minutes. They told him it was a problem with the CPU overheating. He exchanged it for another one and it's doing the same thing.

So Apple's "quality problems" involve some insignificant scratches and scuffs on a small percentage of the phones. Samsung's quality problems are phones that don't work.

That sounds about right.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #46 of 71
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post
Even if AppleInsider's story of Oct 5 were true, it would be impossible for anyone to provide pictures of a riot since there was none, only a strike.

So no pictures, just pedantry. Gorgeous.

post #47 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

That box is zero protective. The tray is the same loose design they have always used, nothing holding it in place. A mere slip of plastic 'protecting' the front screen.
But you go on and believe that it's all happening during assembly. Because after that they are wrapped in piles of protective material and handled with delicate care until it arrives in your hands.

Well it's been a year since I opened my 4S, and all I remember is the nest inside a rigid box. Ok, it's loose in there.

So what is causing the scratches? Plastic? Not hard enough. Dust? Not big enough. Sand? Very rare inside iPhone boxes. You have to show more cause than rattling around. You need something harder than the anodizing or the aluminum to make the scratch out of the mishandling, no?
post #48 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

That box is zero protective. The tray is the same loose design they have always used, nothing holding it in place. A mere slip of plastic 'protecting' the front screen.
But you go on and believe that it's all happening during assembly. Because after that they are wrapped in piles of protective material and handled with delicate care until it arrives in your hands.

i dont see that at all. The iPhone is securely placed in there with the pressure of the shrink wrapped box on top pressed down on the face of the iPhone. There is nothing loose inside that box.

But for argument sake, let's sake the box design is faulty. That would still be Apple's fault, not FedEx. However, there is nothing faulty I see with the box design.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #49 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I meant it jokingly, not that there was anything actually being covered up, but that there was something being fabricated.

I was embellishing on your joke.  :-)

The absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence...

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #50 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

i dont see that at all. The iPhone is securely placed in there with the pressure of the shrink wrapped box on top pressed down on the face of the iPhone. There is nothing loose inside that box.
But for argument sake, let's sake the box design is faulty. That would still be Apple's fault, not FedEx. However, there is nothing faulty I see with the box design.

My iPhone 5 arrived by FedX in perfect condition even though Apple's box was being flung around inside the FedX box like seats on an American Airlines flight. Even the exterior of the Apple box was unscathed.

post #51 of 71
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post
I was embellishing on your joke.  :-)

The absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence...

Oh, good. 

… I don't… like that the trolls have made me take everything at face value. We can't joke anymore. Not without sarcasm tags, at least. And I don't like that. 

post #52 of 71
Quote:

We can't joke anymore. Not without sarcasm tags, at least. And I don't like that. 

Oh, you can.

If you give a s**t about a bunch of lowlife trolls, like I do.
Edited by anantksundaram - 10/6/12 at 10:33pm
post #53 of 71

There could have ben a riot, but it probably occurred among the worker who assemble devices for Dell/HP/et al. They would be upset that they are assembling lesser quality items, and those making iPhones and iPads have been letting them know ...

Cheers

post #54 of 71

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 1/22/13 at 7:04am
post #55 of 71

news are starting to confused me.... handset flawless or flawfull?

post #56 of 71
Yes, it's true, the publication you work for chose to publish the story about the protest without any pictures.

1) I work for no one.

2) Funny that, in your vehement antipathy of everything that Apple does and everything we do here, you can't seem to find any yourself. I thought you'd be all over that, throwing the pictures up in multiple threads where they're off-topic.

Now isn't that just gorgeous.

post #57 of 71

Right! No strike the working conditions are great and the quality of the scratched iphone 5 are excellent.  Next apple will be selling land in Florida.

post #58 of 71
Originally Posted by bobgardi View Post
Right! No strike the working conditions are great and the quality of the scratched iphone 5 are excellent.  Next apple will be selling land in Florida.

You'll have to have evidence to support your position. So far, no one has provided any. 

post #59 of 71

do we really need some evidence for everything?

post #60 of 71
Originally Posted by fatusmiles View Post

THE MOTTO OF EVERY POLITICAL PARTY EVER! lol.gif

Edited by Tallest Skil - 10/7/12 at 8:35am

post #61 of 71

So far mine has no issues :)

post #62 of 71

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 1/22/13 at 7:03am
post #63 of 71

Independent of any role you may or may not have here, it remains true that AppleInsider chose to publish their story about the protest without the photos you desire.  If you find this disappointing, the source of your disappointment isn't me, but AppleInsider.

This is a story about denying the protest. Not sure where you're getting this.

Unlike AppleInsider, I didn't introduce AppleInsider's original story of the protest…

Just did about five seconds ago.

But unlike yourself, I'm not demanding evidence from China Labor Watch while requiring none from Foxconn management, since of course that would too obviously be a double standard.

And unlike you, I don't put words in people's mouths when it's blindingly obvious this isn't the case.

2)  Find where in this thread or any other I claim to hate Apple.

Every single thread in which you post. And every time you try to rebut common sense by repeating the above.

You seem to prefer a fantasy world in which Apple isn't just a successful company, but is also the only company in history that can never make any mistake of any sort, nor can any of their suppliers, unless of course those suppliers are also competitors since you also seem to believe that all competitors to Apple can be nothing but stupid, evil, or both.

That's Slurpy. If you'd actually reviewed my posts (what was that about "earnestly wanting evidence"?), you'd see the opposite is true for me. Nice going.

If you still don't understand where I'm coming from, see Stelligent's wisdom in my sigline.

I just don't understand why you think that it has anything to do with the discussion at hand.

post #64 of 71

deleted

post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatusmiles View Post

Unless you can back it up with logical reasoning if/when called out, yes.
post #66 of 71

I'll wait while you gather a purpose for having linked that. You can write it out yourself this time; I won't cover every imaginable base.

post #67 of 71
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

Anybody in favor of truth?

*raises hand* Don't care what it is, just the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

To quote/paraphrase Mark Twain: If you don't read the news, you're uninformed; if you read the news, you're misinformed.

"There she is, Miss Informed…"

Thanks for that info!

- MIss. Understood
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
post #68 of 71

In today's world, where even crimes are captured on video, don't you think that somebody would have recorded such a major event as 2000 people on strike? This is one more bogus story meant to drive down the stock price before earnings. I am buying now before the price goes to $900.

post #69 of 71

deleted

post #70 of 71
Quote:

THE MOTTO OF EVERY POLITICAL PARTY EVER! lol.gif

Political party who are fun of corruptions and graft! hahahahh

post #71 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Unless you can back it up with logical reasoning if/when called out, yes.

Even if you have logical reasoning people will still look for evidence!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Foxconn denies strike at iPhone 5 factory, says handset production on schedule