or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › President Obama--Bad for Business

President Obama--Bad for Business

post #1 of 7

............................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................

Just kidding.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #2 of 7

Ah yes. The DJIA which is right up until the day it is wrong. lol.gif

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #3 of 7

Just one of those metrics that Republicans love to use until it doesn't help their arguments.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #4 of 7
Obama's been great for investors in precious metals.

And gun sales.

And preparedness and emergency supplies.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #5 of 7

Funny that when almost the exact same thing happened with the markets under Bush, you called it "the jobless recovery."  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #6 of 7

1.  I'm pointing out the silliness of the Republican use of this metric alone.

2.  It does support the idea that Wall Street is indeed doing fine...more than fine, even.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

1.  I'm pointing out the silliness of the Republican use of this metric alone.

I haven't seen that but, yes, it is a silly metric to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

2.  It does support the idea that Wall Street is indeed doing fine...more than fine, even.

You mean stockholders. However, you'd have to adjust the increase for inflation in order to make that determination.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › President Obama--Bad for Business